Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals (942 Views)

Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / Sworn Virgins' Of Albania / Morals/lessons You Will Teach Your Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by realteflon(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2013
A non-governmental organisation, VirginsBride Network, unveiled about 150 maidens on Friday in Lagos to encourage the virtue of sexual purity among females in the country.

The girls, who were dressed in white gowns as evidence of their chastity, also took a pledge to remain undefiled till marriage.

Parents were encouraged to safeguard their daughters from corrupting influences.

Convener of the event, Mrs. Nkechi Odebiyi, told the gathering that the girls were selected based on their status as virgins. She said the project, which was in its fifth year, had influenced more young females to see virginity as a virtue.

She said, “There is no religion that supports sex before marriage. I wish I had that privilege; it was a virtue I lost early in life. I want every maiden to carry herself with pride. When you are a virgin, you are not afraid of disease, unwanted pregnancy, or abortion and your husband will respect you.”

She explained that the network, with the motto, ‘No ring, no sex,’ focused on restoring the pride of womanhood and building strong family ties through teaching and counseling.

One of the participants, Demehin Funmilayo, said she had been keeping her virginity through sheer determination and the help of God.

The 20-year-old said she was almost a victim of rape when she did not succumb to pressure from her friends to have a boyfriend.

She said, “I was almost raped in SS 2 when my best friend asked for my picture. She later took me to see a guy who said I was beautiful. I quickly ran away when I saw the suspicious moves he was making. I fought with my friend and told her I had chosen to be a virgin till I get married, which shocked her.”

She said her parents had been helping her to overcome challenges she had faced in her bid to remain chaste.

A parent, Mrs. Morenike Durotoye, who commended the initiative, said she also married as a virgin.

She said it was the duty of parents to protect their children from the bad elements of society.

She said, “It is important for parents to always show care and concern for their girls. You need to listen to them, get closer to them no matter your schedule. Love them, protect them and let them trust you.

“It is a parent that places value on virginity that will encourage it. It was my husband who deflowered me on my wedding night and when he saw I was a virgin, he was happy, and up till today, he respects me for that. That is the reason I encourage my daughter who is also here.”

A family life counsellor, Mrs. Florence Udu told our correspondent that many young girls fell for sexual pressure because they sought to be loved and cared for.

She advised young girls, who had lost their virginity, to practice secondary virginity by making up their minds to start staying off sex.

She said, “The guys will always come and make advances. Our girls fall because they are made to feel they are old-fashioned. But that is not true. The best thing a lady can keep is her virginity.”

Pastor Moji Awokoya, who represented Pastor Taiwo Odukoya of the Fountain of Life Church, urged the participants to avoid giving in to distraction so they can be useful members of society.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/group-unveils-150-virgins-to-boost-good-morals/

Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by bebe2(f): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
BULLOCKS!!!

these are children, test them wen they are 23yrs old.

keeping urself till marriage doesnt make u a better wife than those who lost their virginity at 16.

there are far more better things that make a marriage work.

4 Likes

Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by deshclones(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
smh.....kids....
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sex is the cheapest commodity on earth today. Good initiative but done in the wrong way. If there should be any sanity in the virginity issue, it should be targeted at the MEN!!!!!! They are the ones bent on sticking it in every moving thing, pressuring girls, using emotional blackmail. It should never have been a girl issue to keep her virginity but a man's issue. This is a futile and fruitless attempt since it takes two to tango.
Preach to a girl she keeps her virginity for her God, her religion, her perseverance, her own self determination (depending on what inclinations she's aligned to) never for the 'husband' that isn't keeping his virginity for her. And Not, I repeat not because of the slutty generation of husbands will respect her. That is stupid.
You can't keep on pressuring girls, when the other half is bent on making them give it up. It's a futile and fruitless attempt when you focus on girls and make them the 'face of virginity' when the other satanic half feels he can do whatever he likes at the detriment of the girl.
All these years, centuries and millennia the focus on virginity was on girls and boys given the free reins to destroy girls lives by making them societal outcasts for loosing it. And you still want to continue with a pattern like this?

It is either one preaches virginity and makes it a requirement for all sexes, or just forget about the whole virginity issue and let everyone go on a sex spree.

2 Likes

Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by crystalballs: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
Don't allow predators prey on them oooo.
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ndi ezigbo madu.
What about virgin guys?
Abi man cannot be a virgin?
They should start with their male children first. Teach them good morals and to stop fingerring their sisters and maids.

But these r children!
Abi I no de c well?

Simple abc,parents and wards train ur children properly. Every other thing na effizy.
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
stillwater:
oh at last.
Someone with some sense
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Avenue for politicians to exploit when they need seven virgins to concoct their otumokpo undecided

1 Like

Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 10, 2013
lol. Its paining non virgins on nairaland. @ the two female posters.. Hoe.s. M virgin nd proud!
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by saintvc(m): 9:04am On Sep 10, 2013
By this time next year, 80percent of these will loose their virgnity.
Re: Group Unveils 150 Virgins To Boost Good Morals by Agimor(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2013
banega: lol. Its paining non virgins on nairaland. @ the two female posters.. Hoe.s. M virgin nd proud!
Did you just said you are a virgin.

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Advice Pls. / Why Are Women Not Using Napkin Again These Days? / Pregnant Teen Murder's Mom Because She Didn’t Want To Abort Her Baby -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.