Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Under DV2013 Administrative Processing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Under DV2013 Administrative Processing (1049 Views)

K-1 Visa, Administrative Processing, Received Phone Call From Embassy / Administrative Processing / In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hello house, i went for my dv interview on the 27th of June with my husband. Although i won as single bt already married b4 d result was out, bt that day was such a great day i was interviewed 1st by a white man, then i was called into a separate room which i spent nothing less than an 1hr answering various type of questions likewise same was done 4 my husband. Finally we were given a white sheet which meant we were put on (AP) for 60days. Exactly 30days on Ap we were visited @ home and they asked lots of questions 4rm our neighbours because we weren't @ home. And d following mor they called my husband and spoke wt both of us. Now d 60days is over still expecting their calls. Pls kindly advice us what we can do cos we've mailed them and no response yet. Thanx for taking ur tym 2 read all dis
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Less i 4get a numb called my husband jt once on 63days on AP and he wasn't der 2 pick d call and lera when e called bk e saw d call was 4rm the customer line of US embassy bt dey didn't pick the call and ever since then no more call or mail. And Sept ending is fast approaching
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by nkkystel(f): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
I'll suggest you write them by sending the embassy an email to know you case status. No time!
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tanx so much. We ve sent a mail since 13days ago, no response
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
And d most painful thing was dat we don't actually knw the message they wanted to pass across, while my husband was unable 2 pick the call
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by ayomaxwell: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
I. Pray ur visa wil nt elude u in Jesus name. U will surely get it. Pls kindly share all the questns u were asked in the separte room from U n Ur husband to help married couples in this forum. Tanx
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Such as.......Who actually played the lottery 4 me, how do i meet my spouse, describe the 1st meeting, date of ur wedding, the hotel we slept d night b4 d interview, name of our church, d topic preached on d last Sunday, type of phone we are using, who bought the fone 4 me. I guess the whole questions was jt because we doesn't hav a baby yet. Lots of questions, if u r nt a real couples u might not escape those questions. Cos i spent nt less than an 1hr in dat hot room, many more questions i can't jt remb
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by nikkygal(f): 5:46am On Sep 10, 2013
I'll advise to send them an e-mail EVERY DAY from today with your case number & details & headline it URGENT!!! Then give aa background to your case....MAke sure you mail them daily and include the Sept timeline there so that they can treat urgently!

Also go on the US embassy website in Nigeria & get their phone numbers and start calling those numbers like crazy. Put them on permanent speed dial.....becos you have only until sept 30 to collect your visa after which you've lost your chance!

My dear be agressive oh! So you don't miss out on this. Wish you the very best....
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 8:54am On Sep 10, 2013
Tank u so much dearie..........Hav tried calling all the numbers i saw on d website bt jt telling me its incorrect. Bt ll still keep tryn
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by nikkygal(f): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
Olalere Tosin: Tank u so much dearie..........Hav tried calling all the numbers i saw on d website bt jt telling me its incorrect. Bt ll still keep tryn

No wahala. I will say follow the 'VisaOfficer' on that Q & A thread bumper to bumpergrin I know he has told you to e-mail them but if you don't hear from the consulate by say Friday, drop a message on that thread again and ask bug him for what other options are available to you. I also know they have a facility where you can chat with their customer care agents (i think). Go to their website and check that option and use it as well.

You have to find a way of getting through to them. Worst case, go to the embassy and try to see if there's an opportunity to register your complaint as well....you never know.

•Consular Section, Lagos (Visas)
(Visas and American Citizens Services)
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Telephone: (234)-1-460-3400, 460-3600 (ACS only)
Fax: (234)-1-261-2218

•If your inquiry concerns an immigrant visa case, please send your email to LagosIV@state.gov.

**I know it's late now, but with the benefit of hindsight, maybe you should not have included your husband yet till you got your visa since at the time of application you were single, so as not to jeopardise your chances. It's because of the rapid increase in sham marriages for immigration purposes that caused all these complications for you** A couple of people i know had to do this by getting theirs first, before filing an application for their spouses after settling in the US**

Wishing you the very best. . .Pele, you'll be fine cheesy
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2013
Thank u so much.......We ll try our possible best to get intouch wt them.
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by ayomaxwell: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2013
U will surely get ur visa. Just keep hope alive.
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Tanx..........Hope is verymuch alive. My husband was able to speak wt online asst 2day, and he was told dat we shld hav received their mail bt they r sorry and also told him dat they hav already called b4 which was true and they promised to get intouch wt us soonest. Will surely com bk to share our Testimony IJN

1 Like

Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by nikkygal(f): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Olalere Tosin: Tanx..........Hope is verymuch alive. My husband was able to speak wt online asst 2day, and he was told dat we shld hav received their mail bt they r sorry and also told him dat they hav already called b4 which was true and they promised to get intouch wt us soonest. Will surely com bk to share our Testimony IJN

Nice wink smiley Now that's what am talking about. . . .cool

You see how things can work when you're persistent? You now need to keep following up closely....I'll say after every 3days if you've still not heard from them. . . .Yes oh, it's not too much because those guys receive too many enquiries and so it's very possible to forget yours along the line.

I'll keep checking here to 'ginger' you.....all the best ***hugs***
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
*Winks* to u dearie..........Sure we'll.
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by EDAMS: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
I pray for you, that your visa shall be handed over to you, every obstacles are removed in Jesus Mighty name. Amen
You are destined to be there. And it shall be well with you and your husband.
You shall be fruitful in every areas of your life, your womb shall bringforth babies in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by nkkystel(f): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tosin dearie congrats to you, I was happy when I read ur post saying you were able to reach the embassy. No fears, the visa is yours in Jesus Name.
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
*smiling* Amen to all ur prayers 4 us.
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Yes! We've b mailed to bring our passport btw Monday to Thursday. So we'll b goin next wk. Tanx so much 4 all d prayers and words of encouragement
Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by EDAMS: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2013
THE I AM THAT I AM is ever faithful to us even as we are NOT to HIM.
BIG BIG CONGRATS! I am HAPPY for you.

1 Like

Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by ayomaxwell: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Congratulations! I am so happy 4u. The lord wil continue 2 manifest in our lives. If I may ask, during d AP, what were d major investigations they made U n Ur hubby? Bsides, who's d principal applicant among U? Pls share ur other xperience. Tanx.

1 Like

Re: Under DV2013 Administrative Processing by OlalereTosin(f): 4:58am On Sep 14, 2013
A big *THANKS* to u all. They came to our house and interviewed our neighbours, and i think they might ve gone to d Registry as wel to conform the originality of our wedding cert because they didn't return it bk to us dat very day. Am d Applicant

(1) (Reply)

Am Looking To Meet People In Texas Especially Houston / Destination Tuesday | Things To Do In Seychelles / Want Achieve American Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.