Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,949 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Issue With Mother In Law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issue With Mother In Law (830 Views)

Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / Advice On Reconciling With Mother. / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue With Mother In Law by ronelle: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
I have never gotten along with my Mother In Law from the word go.. every little thing i do to try and bridge the gap between as always landed me in worse trouble with my husband and MIL.So now, i don't even bother myself trying to please her anymore. My husband is not even making it better, cos i recently found out that my husband doesn't even take my side which really makes it worse. sad.......
i have tried Eye service .... but its not working for me(i am a tell it as it is person and not cut out for eye service) .

please what do i do?? i know this cant go on for long.... what can i do to make things better,......please help embarassed
Re: Issue With Mother In Law by breathless(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Be yourself. Don`t try to impress people becos you want them to accept you based on their terms. They should accept you as you are. With time they `ll come around. But your hubby needs to behave and play his role except he`s mummy`s boy that will make it tough.
Keep a cheerful face and never let them see you hurting when they do hurt you.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Issue With Mother In Law by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
breathless: Be yourself. Don`t try to impress people becos you want them to accept you based on their terms. They should accept you as you are. With time they `ll come around. But your hubby needs to behave and play his role except he`s mummy`s boy that will make it tough.
Keep a cheerful face and never let them see you hurting when they do hurt you.
All the best.
Ur user name just reminded me of one of my favourite songs. The song makes my body tingitigi.

*so go on,go on,come on leave me breathless.
Tempt me,tease me,until I can't deny,
This loving feeling(loving feeling)
Go on(dc)
Go on(dc)
Yeah.come on,yeah*

Sorry poster. Will come back for my 2 kobo tots
Re: Issue With Mother In Law by bellong: 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
You have done everything doable with no result. Why not be yourself and stop play acting with her. I wouldn't what went wrong between you two and what she doesn't like about you.

Have you ever discussed this with your husband to know where you went wrong against your MIL? DO not live your life seeking to please people. Do what is fair and right to all. Please your God and conscience.
Re: Issue With Mother In Law by vanitty: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
A still tongue they say keeps a wise head. Stop saying it "as it is" - as we grow older we learn to bite our tongues.

Rather than doing eye-service, why not actually do things whole-heartedly?

It is pointless advising you to be yourself if you have a nasty attitude.
Look inwards and ask yourself are there changes I can make?
Your hubby not supporting you, why do you think that is?
If you are truly innocent and your mother-in-law just does not like you, it is a conversation to have with your hubby because there must be something about you that she detest

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Issue With Mother In Law by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Treat her like ur mum. Period.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Education And It's Beneficts To The Family. / Characters Adults Need To Adopt From Children / Good Wife Deserved To Be Appreciated......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.