Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October (15804 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Onitsha River Port Ready By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mr. Jonathan says the party will soon overcome its present challenges, saying the the PDP remains the only party of influence in the country.

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees, Tony Anenih, has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to declare his intention for the 2015 presidential election on or before the end of October this year.

Mr. Anenih stated this at the post-convention dinner held at the banquet hall of the Presidential Villa.

The politician said such a decision was necessary to give the party a proper direction and set the agenda straight as the party, for the first time has embarked on discussing its future.

“It is no longer right to say the time is not right,” Mr. Anenih told PDP leaders at the dinner also attended by Mr. Jonathan.

“It is good that we tell our people where we going to, what our journey will be like,” he said in reference to Mr. Jonathan’s 2015 ambition.

President Jonathan has said he would focus on governance and would not state his position on 2015 yet although many of his aides have begun drumming support for him. The president’s planned re-election bid is believed to be the major factor that has split the PDP into two factions.

Sunday’s dinner had earlier been scheduled to hold immediately after the special convention of the party, but was overtaken by the split the party witnessed during its special convention, when seven serving governors and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar stormed out and later formed a parallel PDP led by Abubakar Baraje.

In apparent reference to the current reconciliation efforts, Mr. Anenih said the task ahead was enormous; adding that “we must be seen as a team not as a group”.

He assured that despite its problems, the party would settle all disputes adding that “We will not fire any shot but we will win the war”.

The PDP leader, who alongside other leaders, including former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has been trying to resolve the crisis, said the party “will not recognise opposition within PDP”.

“We will work together as a team so that by 2015 we will come here again to shake hands.
“We stand for unity and discipline. Nobody will be spared if he behaves out of indiscipline. We will do everything to bring everybody together”, he said.

Jonathan speaks
In his speech, President Jonathan assured that despite some disagreements within the party , it had remained intact.
PREMIUM TIMES had earlier reported that the dinner was boycotted by Mr. Obasanjo, Mr. Abubakar, and the seven aggrieved governors.

Expressing happiness with the turnout of guests including former chairmen and other party chieftains, Mr. Jonathan described those with grievances as minor, assuring that all will be resolved.

He declared that the dinner was a fulfilment of his commitment to create more opportunities for periodic meeting for interaction among party members at all levels.

The President assured the newly elected National Working Committee members of the party of his support and reiterated the need to work as a team.

“In any human institutions there must be disagreements. What happened (the factional PDP) is a minor disagreement that can be solved,” he said while thanking elders and governors of the party that are making efforts to resolve the crisis.

Mr. Jonathan said the PDP had the support of Nigerians and nobody wanted to see it disintegrated.
“Even ordinary Nigerians believe PDP must remain one because is the only party that can continue to give leadership.

“Even those that are aggrieved call themselves the new PDP meaning they know without PDP they are nothing.

“PDP is intact, that we have some disagreements is normal. PDP is intact and will remain intact.

“We will make sure that the party remains one, those who left will rejoin us.

“It is only PDP that has not changed name or form. We will do out best to keep PDP one, to keep Nigeria one,” the president said.

Sambo, Akpabio speak
Vice President Namadi Sambo, in his speech, said the PDP has always provided leadership for others to emulate.

The Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, noted that Nigeria faced major challenges in the past and did not break up and that the country would not break up under President Jonathan.

“We want Nigerians to challenge us on performance not on the pages of newspapers.

“We want to assure you there is no faction in the PDP, what we are seeing today is just a storm in a tea cup.

“If you want to step out of the party you are free, this is the only party you can leave and return and become a national party chairman.

“The people are not with those who do not respect constituted authority. Those who do not respect authority will not get authority

Read more:
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144371-anenih-asks-jonathan-declare-2015-intention-october.html

1 Like

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Goddex: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Good. GEJ till 2019

6 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Goddex: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
Good. GEJ till 2019.

I can't wait

4 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Goddex: Good. GEJ till 2019.

I can't wait
till eternity you will.

8 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
I dont think the president should officially declare this year. He should wait till next year.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by petrov10: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
anyhow e wan be .......so far we breath fresh air till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
"Even those that are agrieved call themselves the new PDP meaning they know without PDP they are nothing" said the President.

"We want to assure you there is no faction in the PDP,what we are seeing today is just a storm in a tea cup.
If you want to step out of the party you are free,this is the only party you can leave and return and become chairman." Said Akpabio .
These comments by the C in C and Akpabia speaksvolume.
I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by kedukc(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dike Chimezie: "Even those that are agrieved call themselves the new PDP meaning they know without PDP they are nothing" said the President.

"We want to assure you there is no faction in the PDP,what we are seeing today is just a storm in a tea cup.
If you want to step out of the party you are free,this is the only party you can leave and return and become chairman." Said Akpabio .
These comments by the C in C and Akpabia speaksvolume.
I rest my case.

My Bros, PDP na talisman.
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Trut(m): 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Fresh Airrrr... Till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I dont think the president should officially declare this year. He should wait till next year.

On the contrary, I think he should declare this year, so the renegade7 can decide whether to stay in PDP or move out and lose their mandates. Do we need to allow those renegades to stay in office and get more billions to fund terrorism ?

I need GEJ to even declare on October 1st.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
What's there to declare again? It's only a fool who does not know GEJ ll run in 2015 now.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by alaoeri: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
Prof Corruption: What's there to declare again? It's only a fool who does not know GEJ ll run in 2015 now.
Yea come 2015 GEJ 'll run bare foot to Otueke.

18 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by MrAladin: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Any Update On ASUU??

Abeg B4 i go Who Get BB Charger

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
Billyonaire:

On the contrary, I think he should declare this year, so the renegade7 can decide whether to stay in PDP or move out and lose their mandates. Do we need to allow those renegades to stay in office and get more billions to fund terrorism ?

I need GEJ to even declare on October 1st.

Good but my only fear is that it may constitute early distraction and slow governance. You know how this these things work. Once the president officially declares, different interests and new political groups will begin to emerge from north and south to pledge loyalty and support. I think the president should continue with subtle underground works and leave the official declaration for next year. But like you wrote, the devilish antics of the Baraje's collection of LOSERS may make early declaration imperative. Anyway, whichever way, he has my hundred percent support.

5 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
Any Update On ASUU??

Abeg B4 i go Who Get BB Charger
The FG has already placed N130 billion on the table for ASUU. If that is not sufficient for ASUU to call off their self-serving strike, then DEATH to ASUU.

Can you point to any govt in the history of Nigeria that placed such huge amount of money on the table to resolve ASUU strike? When Yar Adua signed those ridiculous agreements, how much did he put on the table? Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Danhumprey: 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
It's like asking Jonathan to put his hand into fire. Only time would tell if Jonathan would survive the heat that would follow.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by musaajebor(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
GEJ should joke again when he is declaring in October.as he already did in 2011.then I can assure u dat our president is prepared to die in office.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by musb92yahooco: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
ASUU r stil on strike ooo hmmmmmm
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by aare07(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
He may not win but he can contest
let wait and see
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by simongonner: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
ASUU strike is 70days old today yet the News
Headlines are: PDP CRISES IS MINOR DISAGREEMENT--
JONATHAN, OFFA RE-RUN: GO TO COURT, CP TELLS
APC, PDP WILL LOSE OSUN WITHOUT MY SUPPORT--
OYINLOLA, BOKO HARAM KILL 17 IN BORNO, SUNTAI:
UNCERTAINTY OVER TARABA CABINET# etc.... PLS
WHO's TALKING ABOUT ASUU? Not even the so-called
progressive APC yet foolish Youths are busy abusing
one another on political matters on social network
because of their support for one political party or the
other. While the politicians av their children in schools
where sessions are never interrupted.I think d voodoo
our leaders are using on us is very effective.I PITY THE
FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY!

7 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by mumumugu(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Goodluck shouldn't else the evil ones will start planning
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by free2ryhme: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
God will keep us until october
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sorry what did u say I was eating cockroach
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by pesty100(m): 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
because we dont know his intentions abi

1 Like

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mtsheeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by emman1122: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Jonathan make you keep ya mouth shut oh or else.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1432499/real-truth-making-money-online
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hmmmm!
Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Wsdm: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Goddex: Good. GEJ till 2019.

I can't wait
May God Almighty rule over your life as GEJ is doing to Nigeria till 2019. Just say AMEN if you so love GEJ'S rule.

8 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Does it really matter? He must be re elected in 2015 whether anyone likes it or not.

I endorse him and so will most Nigerians as soon as electric power improve significantly. All the vultures waiting to occupy aso rock must be ready to eat rock in 2015 cos they are heading for a colossal loss.

The magnitude of APC's failure will surely be one in the history books that would make Tofa's NRC performance in 1993 a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by nnocurruption: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
declare what? we all know he will contest so he should stop fooling himself. Seriously thinking of insulting him right now but just trying to control myself.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
I just invented BB wireless charger...... Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe / Keyamo: 100 Groups Rushing To Buy Nomination Form For Buhari ‘Na Dem Dey Rus Us' / President Buhari Celebrates Babangida At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.