Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Something In The Sky [PICS] - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Something In The Sky [PICS] (3990 Views)

Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State / SUSPECTED METEOR: Unease As ‘mystery Stone’falls From The Sky In Taraba / The Beauty And Physics Of The Sky. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
I don't know the right section to post this. Moderators should move it to the right section please. I'm home with my lil brothers, and one of them called me out to come see a rainbow, we discovered it wasn't a rainbow, its rather round and big...maybe its the moon, and its moving. So I thought to share.

Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
Post more pictures of you have
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Leopantro: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
what the heck is that? where was the location? what time of the day was it? for how long did you see it? post more pictures please
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
Check it out too

Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Emmy9ite(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
Op, I don't know if this is the right section to say this, I am tempted to say it. join me, 1, 2, 3,
Nothing, it's just one of nature's goodness! cheesy
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Leopantro: what the heck is that? where was the location? what time of the day was it? for how long did you see it? post more pictures please
its been there for like 15 mins now. I live in Ibadan, I don't kmow if u guys can see it from where you are. Its still out there
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
Its like seeing the moon itself face to face. Its quite big

Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Through a sun shade

Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by rully2: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Its scary
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Phranciz(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
I usually don't say this

So I guess I shouldn't. tongue
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by greedie1(f): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
rully2: Its scary

it sure is.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Damn. . .this is scary! How's it moving? Rotating?
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by philfearon(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
There was also a day i was moving out with my Cousin in Okigwe,and then we saw this Moonlike Shape in the Evening sky..I Thought it was a red moon,and everyone else thought same too...But,later that day,i decided to google it,and then found out that it is not a Moon but another Planet altogether...Many other people from all over the world said they saw same too....
So,@OP,it might be another planet altogether,and may nt be the Moon!
Try googling it to See if there is a global report about it...
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Mynd44: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Might just be a cloud covering the sun. Lemme go check first.....
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
Victoriousvic: Damn. . .this is scary! How's it moving? Rotating?
no it wasn't rotating, it was going away
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
philfearon: There was also a day i was moving out with my Cousin in Okigwe,and then we saw this Moonlike Shape in the Evening sky..I Thought it was a red moon,and everyone else thought same too...But,later that day,i decided to google it,and then found out that it is not a Moon but another Planet altogether...Many other people from all over the world said they saw same too....
So,@OP,it might be another planet altogether,and may nt be the Moon!
Try googling it to See if there is a global report about it...
okies, I'll check
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44: Might just be a cloud covering the sun. Lemme go check first.....
No Mynd, uts not a cloud, it had colours around it like a rainbow, we thought it was a rainbow at first. And it was way bigger than the sun
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
Bolushalom: no it wasn't rotating, it was going away
I just read somewhere that venus was to appear in the sky between Sept. 8th - 9th in the US. I guess this should be it here.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Mynd44: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Bolushalom: No Mynd, uts not a cloud, it had colours around it like a rainbow, we thought it was a rainbow at first. And it was way bigger than the sun
How far away from the sun was it and did it rain recently?
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
Victoriousvic:
I just read somewhere that venus was to appear in the sky between Sept. 8th - 9th in the US. I guess this should be it here.
I jes saw something similar on google too, not sure about it tho.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
How far away from the sun was it and did it rain recently?
it rained the day before yesterday... It wasn't that far cos I couldn't dee clearly without shades
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by philfearon(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by pimplucious: 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why are u all scared? If u follow the activities of the ogboni fraternity, u will understand what that was. Its an ogboni ritual where they place a mirror on the ground where they say the sun is at the middle and place god knows what on and round the mirror... That's how much I know really
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by bknight: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Unidentified Flying Object, UFO.

undecided
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Bolushalom: it rained the day before yesterday... It wasn't that far cos I couldn't dee clearly without shades
Might be a reflection of the sun through the rain droplets in the atmosphere
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
It's definitely a planet. . .and I'm guessing it's venus.
Wow. . .looked scary at first, but now it looks so cool. I wish I can see one.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by ARareGem(f): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by LewsTherin: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
No planet on Earth looks...... grin grin grin
Sorry I just had to do that.

Ok. No planet looks larger than the largest star when seen from Earth. They are just too far.

Simply looks like the sun shinning through a cloud. What are clouds made off? Water droplets. What happens when light shines through water droplets? The light is broken up into different wavelengths which we see as.... a rainbow. And because of its position in the sky, it looks round.

Seeing as the Earth moves making the sun seem to move and clouds move, then your rainbow moves. Freak occurence. I would have loved to see it.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by LewsTherin: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Victoriousvic:

Sorry, you don't see any of the planets in the day sky. Except early mornings and late evenings.
Check out this link
http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/visible-planets-tonight-mars-jupiter-venus-saturn-mercury
I would have posted the relevant picture but this blasted ipad I'm using doesn't let me upload pictures to nairaland. Maybe someone could do that for me.
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by LewsTherin: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Might be a reflection of the sun through the rain droplets in the atmosphere

Like this explains
http://www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4308372.html
Re: Something In The Sky [PICS] by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
LewsTherin: No planet on Earth looks...... grin grin grin
Sorry I just had to do that.

Ok. No planet looks larger than the largest star when seen from Earth. They are just too far.

Simply looks like the sun shinning through a cloud. What are clouds made off? Water droplets. What happens when light shines through water droplets? The light is broken up into different wavelengths which we see as.... a rainbow. And because of its position in the sky, it looks round.

Seeing as the Earth moves making the sun seem to move and clouds move, then your rainbow moves. Freak occurence. I would have loved to see it.
I did see it, hehe. Its body was darker than the rest of the sky though and it looked like the spot was going to break and aliens would descend ( too much movies)...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satellite Night View Of Europe / Japan Accepts America Robot Challenge - War! / How To Access Ovi Mail On Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.