Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence (23068 Views)

Fg’s Order Threatens Treasury Single Account / 7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day / Fg’s Order: 15 Oil Accounts To Be Retained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2013
A Bristol-born businessman based in Dubai is bracing himself for a flood of orders for iPhones clad not in the gold-effect finish of the new iPhone 5S, but the real stuff.

Amjad Ali supplies royal families, governments, and minted customers across Russia, China and the Middle East with gold-plated devices that cost up to £50,000.

The 42-year-old entrepreneur, who grew up in Glasgow, has pre-ordered hundreds of new iPhones. His team at Gold and Co. will set to work the day after launch before delivering the devices to luxury retailers.

“We strip the units down and then plate them in copper, nickel and then pure gold,” he told the Independent. “We have limited units per region and each is numbered and placed in a handmade wooden box with a certificate of authenticity and wax seal.”

Ali typically delivers 50 devices a month, including Blackberries and iPads, but orders rose to more than 300 a month when the iPhone 5 was launched last year. The firm expects greater demand still for the sixth-generation device, announced today.

Gold and Co.’s customers have included the Saudi royal family, which, Ali says, ordered a gold iPhone studded with hundreds of diamonds, including a giant piece that served as the device’s “home” button. The bill: £50,000.

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

“We will engrave them with the coat of arms, a shield and two horses,” he said.

The company has also supplied an engraved gold iPad to each of the rooms at the luxury “six-star” Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

For the new iPhone, Ali has added a platinum option to the gold and rose gold currently offered. “Muslim men are not supposed to wear gold,” he explains. “We had government departments for example cancelling orders so now we’re launching platinum to tap into a huge market. Most importantly, it’s a third colour. Everyone wants to be different.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html

2 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by deor03(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2013
Typical Madness

2 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by LMAyedun(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2013
Which FG? Nigeria FG?? Hehe!!!!! Laughable.. Absolute misplaced priority.
Indeed, a confused Government.
When will God deliver us from this people?? SMH!!!

9 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by fiscalcliff: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2013
Iphones made of gold undecided
No wonder Dokubo and other militants are threatening the nation
FRESH AIR

2 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by kokoA(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2013
I don't gerrit men.. Iphones and independence day.. How are they related?

18 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by trillville(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2013
And someone will still tell me to vote for gej in 2015?

41 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by deor03(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2013
kokoA: I don't gerrit men.. [size=13pt]I[/size]phones and [size=13pt]I[/size]ndependence day.. How are they related?

Maybe its the I

42 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by kokoA(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2013
deor03:

Maybe its the I
okay.. Now I gerrit. Dis our FG smart no be small o.

4 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Horlawoomey(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2013
Who says Oga Jonah is not a drunkard? Is this what we need right now in Nigeria?

Oya Insincere9gerian come and defend your joker master.

2 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Tolexander: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2013
Basic models in gold or rose
gold cost from £3,000. Ali says
he is fulfilling an order from
the Nigerian government for
53 gold iPhones to mark the
country’s 53rd year of
independence from Britain
next month.

53 gold iphone multiplied by £3,000 = £159,000 = N40,959,713.43.

N41million of nigerian budget for less than 53 people(cos the president may likely have 2 or more of the iphones) of the 160million population.

ASUU is on strike with the students not knowing when they will resume.

Daniel Oikhena wanted to stow away from Benin airport to US but became devastated on landing in lagos airport.

90nigerians were deported from an ordinary Tunisia around 12.32am today like fishes back into the beach.

All the above cos of the claim 'nigeria doesn't have money'.

Jonathan, God is watching you in 3D o!

46 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by takedat(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Boba nla Nonsense cool

Government will come out with a silly excuse that those phones are to be given out to '53 Great Nigerians', yet many of those who would be the recipient are those who have committed economic crimes against Nigeria and those who looted Nigeria into the abyss of near bankruptcy and ensured Nigeria's admittance into the halls of hardship.

12 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Segadem(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2013
Oga GEJ please don't finish our money before i get there now.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by takedat(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2013
deor03:

Maybe its the I
grin
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Krasid(m): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2013
I suggest we all move to Abuja to protest.What is all this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by taharqa: 9:59am On Sep 11, 2013
Na wa.....na wetin dem want do with d iphones? Na gift??
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by 2goodbobo(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2013
I presume it will be gifted to visiting president of ther Nations.

And later they will say they don't have money to pay ASUU

3 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Gbawe: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2013
Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

“We will engrave them with the coat of arms, a shield and two horses,” he said.

No comment.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by homesteady(m): 10:15am On Sep 11, 2013
Like seriously!! For what??
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by fitzmayowa: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2013
Naija is in big trouble...

ASUU on strike Jonathan is ordering gold phone

Where is sincerenigerian when you need him to defend Jonathan...

Sincerenigerian we are waiting to hear from you

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Brymo: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2013
For wat,r will paying d apple company,for helping us gain independence.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by ITbomb(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2013
No money for education but millions are provided outsite the budget for amusement, then we are in a real mess
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by xynerise: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2013
Lol
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Balley(f): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2013
Hw ASUU go call off strike wen dem c una dey waste money lyk dis, if na me sef, i no go gree nau. Oga presido put brain jor ooo
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by takeprofit: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2013
don't know whether to believe this.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Brymo: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2013
Krasid: I suggest we all move to Abuja to protest.What is all this nonsense?
keep us updated about d protest,when u get 2 Abj.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by takedat(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2013
taharqa: Na wa.....na wetin dem want do with d iphones? Na gift??
It shouldn't come as a surprise, government prolly took a cue from Ndidi. We were all alive when it was made known that the Former NSE council led by Ndidi bought N186million worth of Rolex wrist watches, yet this government failed to bring her to book on account of financial schemes and misappropriation of funds.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2013
the most annoying part is that the contract can't even be given to a nigerian.... yet they urge us to buy goods made in Nigeria......

the ghost of ASUU shall hunt you wicked people....

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2013
its called making progress...Soon FG will order 53 BB A10 and 53 samsung galaxy S5 (Gold plated of course) to complete the celebration.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by fiscalcliff: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2013
Tolexander:

53 gold iphone multiplied by £3,000 = £159,000 = N40,959,713.43.

N41million of nigerian budget for less than 53 people(cos the president may likely have 2 or more of the iphones) of the 160million population.

ASUU is on strike with the students not knowing when they will resume.

Daniel Oikhena wanted to stow away from Benin airport to US but became devastated on landing in lagos airport.

90nigerians were deported from an ordinary Tunisia around 12.32am today like fishes back into the beach.

All the about cos of the claim 'nigeria doesn't have money'.

Jonathan, God is watching you in 3D o!
£3000 is for the basic model
S@NNiE:

Amjad Ali supplies royal families, governments, and minted customers across Russia, China and the Middle East with gold-plated devices that cost up to £50,000.
Do you think the basic model is what the Ali Baba leaders we have in Abuja would order? undecided
A government who enriched a militant so much so that he could comfortable buy a private jet?

8 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by unmask: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2013
The only problem i have with this development is that why must it be an iphone, couldn't they get an htc one or galaxy note 3?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Owonikoko Quadri Is Dead / Simon Owoade Convicted Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In UK. Photo / "APC Now Invalid, Let Buyer Beware"- PDP Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling On APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.