Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones (11373 Views)

How To Develop Android Apps From Scratch Without Coding. / Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / No Java Required: Write Android Apps In C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by cleo: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
Hello nollyj and others.
Please I want to be an Android and Blackberry Apps programmer how do I go about it? I live in Abuja and have searched but can't find a place here to learn any of such. Though I'm still searching shaaa but I'll appreciate anyone who'll link me up with a credible and accredited place to learn such. Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
cleo: Hello nollyj and others.
Please I want to be an Android and Blackberry Apps programmer how do I go about it? I live in Abuja and have searched but can't find a place here to learn any of such. Though I'm still searching shaaa but I'll appreciate anyone who'll link me up with a credible and accredited place to learn such. Thanks!

Since you could not find a place in Abuja, if you need one one one online training in android development, you can contact me.

What you stand to learn

1. Introduction to android and android architecture
2. Installation / Set-up android development environment (Eclispe IDE, android SDK and Eclispe Plugin for android ADT)
3.Create and Run Android Virtual Device
4.Creating first android project
5.Android application folder struction
6.OptionMenu and ActionBar
7. Layout Manager and ViewGroups
8. Styles and Themes
9.Fragments
10. List view along with listeners event
11.Deploy your application on a real device
12. SQLite database Implementation
13.Deploy your application on a real device
14.Upload application in Google Play

Classes - Mon - Wed - Fri
2 hours in each day for one month.

Contact me if you are interested

Thanks
Nolly

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by GideonG(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
I am also going to be in Abuja soon
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by swiftguy1: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Interesting. I just started learning Java, and truth be told, the materials online are just too much. The plan is to develop mobile apps but the books i found on mobile app development all talked about having an idea of java generally before starting so I had to start learning java. A little advice would be cool. I use Netbeans, JDK 7, and I also have the ADK.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by cleo: 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
nollyj:

Since you could not find a place in Abuja, if you need one one one online training in android development, you can contact me.

What you stand to learn

2. Installation / Set-up android development environment (Eclispe IDE, android SDK and Eclispe Plugin for android ADT)
8. Styles and Themes
9.Fragments

Thanks
Nolly
Thanks Bro, pls drop ur Email so I can get more details. Or send me a mail to maxmercury2k@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by DharkPoet(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
As a team of undergraduate students, could one submit an app for a specific category, let's say mobile game app, and still submit under the special category for students? please opinions need, Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
DharkPoet: As a team of undergraduate students, could one submit an app for a specific category, let's say mobile game app, and still submit under the special category for students? please opinions need, Thanks.

Yes, you can.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by Meklex(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
I want to be a programmer
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
My Third Android App Coming Soon

This android application will help you flash a number automatically. It will automatically drop the call before the receiver picks the call.

You can set when you want to flash a number using a timer and it will automatically do the job for you. It also come with automatic repeating flashing with a time interval you set.

Although this will not be use to upset some people but sometimes we can't help bump flashing some people.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by ayodinho91: 11:03am On Sep 30, 2013
nollyj:

What you stand to learn

8. Styles and Themes
9.Fragments

Thanks
Nolly
which book are you using for Android development. Thanks in advanced
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
ayodinho91: which book are you using for Android development. Thanks in advanced

1. Android Application Development All-in-one for Dummies
2. Pro Android
3. Internet Resources
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by macphillips: 1:32am On Oct 05, 2013
cleo: Hello nollyj and others.

u need to how to program in java. goto http://developer.android.com and u can also go to youtube search for "thenewboston android development" or goto "http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=6"
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by cjs10lib(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2013
Good work nollyJ. Am a windows programer on VB.net and sql server database for 2 years now dealing on majorly management systems with motives of creating a standard software company (Cybotic Programmers) and would want to do andriod programing as well. So, am highly intrested in nollyJ's quest. Am also currently in abuja.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
I have almost done with my app and this is what the app is all about.

Call Flasher

1. Flash any number automatically. You don't have to worry about your call credit anytime you flash a number.
2. Access and filter phone numbers from from phone records
3. Add and flash a number that is not in your call record
4. Queue phone numbers you wish to call in the future with a timer
5. Automatically hide your caller Id during flashing

The screen shot is below

I still have one bug that I am trying to fix. My phones runs on android 4.0 so I will like you guys with other version of android to test the app for me.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by BetaQuick: 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Great stuff, where can we get the app to test?
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2013
BetaQuick: Great stuff, where can we get the app to test?

I will provide the link today. Thanks for your interest.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2013
The Google play link for me Call Flasher android app is now available. I did test it on my phone only. Now I will like you to also help me test it on your phone.

This is link on the Google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toscanyacademy.callflasher.

You can also search it with it's name - Call Flasher

Thanks for helping out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Download Statistics So Far

My first and second apps were uploaded to the Google Play Store on 17th September while the last was just today. The download stats so far.

Thesis Topic Suggestions - 302 Active Install

African Celebrity Photo Quiz - 36 Active Install

Call Flasher - [b](Uploaded Today) - 4 Active Install

I am not much concerned now by the download counts. I am happy that these apps have let me dig into native android programming and I am not sure if I will be looking back any time soon.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2013
What I have observed in less than one month is that if you want many downloads don't focus your app to Nigerian users. Make it universal. Out of 342 total installs in my apps, Nigerian users account for only 5.

I have also taken time to exam other apps in Google play that focus on Nigeria, many of them still have little download counts. I might not be right but this is the trend I found so far.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by BetaQuick: 4:53am On Oct 12, 2013
I can't find the app yet on google play store. The link does not work for me yet. I guess it hasnt fully propagated through all the servers.
I will try again later.

Interesting observation on the download count. Are you doing any marketing to get the downloads?
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 11:32am On Oct 12, 2013
BetaQuick: I can't find the app yet on google play store. The link does not work for me yet. I guess it hasnt fully propagated through all the servers.
I will try again later.

Interesting observation on the download count. Are you doing any marketing to get the downloads?

Thanks for your interest. you can search for toscanytech to see the list of all the apps I published. Then you can select it from the list.

Please let me know how it goes for you.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by Kennyinusa(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
nollyj: After I have finished my first and second android app, I decided to give MTN App developers Challenge a try although I am not planning to win but if I win I will still be glad.

The app I will submit is an android Education Application. A brief description of the application is shown below.

This Edu App is targeted to Nigerian Students in Senior Secondary School.
It covers most of the major subjects in WAEC, NECO and JAMB exams.
Students can read a comprehensive tutorials on different Students
Students can take an assignment
Students can take a quiz or download past exam questions and current exam time table etc.

I will be updating this project at interview. If you have a question and or suggestions, feel free to drop it.

I am also looking for someone who I will collaborate with on this project/challenge. Your main duty will be more of a data entry to the database. If anyone is interested and you are good with database management system (SQLite) just drop your email and I will contact you.

The screen shot of the work in progress is shown below.

I appreciate all you comments

mail is unis.kenny@yahoo.com
i also new to android but have quite a bit on what u re looking for when it comes to database.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by mubitechnology: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
am actually taking the advantage of this asup strike to learn java programming becos i actually have intrest in mobile application development,any advice from programmers in the house, on how is should go abt it,becos in skul,i was taugh fortran 77 programming langauge.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by BetaQuick: 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
nollyj:

Thanks for your interest. you can search for toscanytech to see the list of all the apps I published. Then you can select it from the list.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Ok I got it. I downloaded the app.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thanks for download and helping out for testing, If you experience any issue kindly let me know.
BetaQuick:

Ok I got it. I downloaded the app.

Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by adrainuche(m): 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
kudos man on my way to join you lol ... just hold on ...
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2013
Okay heres my app.

Name: FtMoney

Description:
An application written as a proof of concept for an upcoming mobile money firm. The goal of the app is simply allow tellers post details of a transaction to a central database as quickly as possible. After which a receipt is generated and sent to a mobile printer.

Android phones have become cheaper and quite powerful over the years and given their lower power requirements compared to laptops, they stand out as a fine choice for remote areas where power isn't really guaranteed.

The app takes care of situations when the network fails and is flexible enough to allow tellers continue to accept in registrations and later process them. This is implemented through the unsubmitted entry Activity. Which allows for searching, printing an entry and submitting it also.

Long term prospects:
Expand the application, make it more generic and usable by not just for mobile banking, but more of a mobile registration platform.
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:52am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Images

Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by Kennyinusa(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
@OP(nollyj), i need to talk to u, please its urgent.
Mail me @popularity2you@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by nollyj: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kennyinusa: @OP(nollyj), i need to talk to u, please its urgent.
Mail me @popularity2you@gmail.com

Check your inbox
Re: Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones by temitopecoal(m): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2013
nollyj:

What you stand to learn

8. Styles and Themes
9.Fragments

Thanks
Nolly
brova..me dey lag,how u go teach me cos i wan learn too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since.... / Fingerprint Programming In ASP.NET / Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.