Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers (31225 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase As Acting IGP, Sacks IGP Suleiman Abba / Jonathan Appoints Alhassan Yakmut As NSC DG (To Replace Gbenga Elegbeleye) / President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by ThankGodEdeh(m): 1:08am On Sep 12, 2013
Gbam
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by jhydebaba(m): 1:11am On Sep 12, 2013
Oga Jona, abeg appoint me as one of ur ministers. I promise to be faithful, loyal and honest.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by musiwa1j: 1:22am On Sep 12, 2013
let me help you, You can see from this document , western nigeria was relating with other country. To be able to do that. Only sovereign country can do that, and under international law, if 3 sovereign nation form a union with another. Their sovereignty remain.

You see federal system of Government does not mean a country. it is just a system any association of union can form.. example Fifa {Fédération Internationale de Football Association) the football ruling body. You can see the word Federation in the name, it is because fifa agree to use a federal system in his administration.

Federal system is just a means of administration.

A company can decide to have a federal system. Take for example dangote group can decide to have a federal system with its branches. And this is what nigeria confuse with a country.

You have to understand most of them at that time did not understand english.

The western Nigeria, eastern Nigeria and Northern nigeria form the federation . It does not give away their sovereignty

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by donphilopus: 1:33am On Sep 12, 2013
Promhize:

I don't know much about labaran Maku but with what you just said I know you are a big fool. You obviously don't know anything, go to entertainment or jokes section because politics is definitely not for you
foolish of you.

When Maku was going for an inter states tour did he not demand for money from state governments for accomodation and feeding Whereas the federal Government had given him money to do that.

If not for my state governor (Adams Oshiomole) that rose to challange him before prominents Nigeria rose to challange him too...

Smh for your stupidity...

May the Cosmic Ghosts and Celestia Power enrich you with a sensible Brain IJN NAME

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by musiwa1j: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2013
You can see that I am telling what risk you are taken, and what danger you face.

Jonathan let my people go. so that they can serve him. Hand over my people to me. so that they can serve him. Wo bi sogun maja.

You are risking their lifes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guFlvvJxzM

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 12, 2013
donphilopus: foolish of you.

When Maku was going for an inter states tour did he not demand for money from state governments for accomodation and feeding Whereas the federal Government had given him money to do that.

If not for my state governor (Adams Oshiomole) that rose to challange him before prominents Nigeria rose to challange him too...

Smh for your stupidity...

May the Cosmic Ghosts and Celestia Power enrich you with a sensible Brain IJN NAME
Wise man. Clap your hands for that beautiful nonsense you wrote. What do you know about logistics during govt tour? Do you know how many policemen, journalists and other stakeholders that were involved in the tour? Let me tell you slowpoke, that tour brought to light govt's project to the masses' knowledge and took the masses' feedback to the govt. What other journalism do you expect from the young man. I bet you didn't follow the programme because you were probably engaged in one senseless argument or another yet you open that stinky hole in between your face to utter balderdash undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 12, 2013
Y is my dad not appointed...dats xo unfair ..i nor gri oo
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by JubalTheophilus: 1:57am On Sep 12, 2013
Idi Amin: You are very silly for saying that. How did Labaran fail as a journalist? People like you who never see good in others always remain "growthless". I bet you were busy drinking beer in a usel#ess bar when the young man denied himself of family commitment and embarked on GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR of 36 states. Even if he enjoyed some allowances for the tour, the fact still remains that Maku is the most dedicated minister in this administration. Get busy with your little time and stop digging for mess where there is none undecided
all u Jonathan fanatics,even if he make a goat min of defence u'll all applaude him to the detriment of Nigeria & Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Denningtedy(m): 1:59am On Sep 12, 2013
Nah wahhhh gandnam styke loadingg[/color][color=#770077][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by ogbeleje: 2:00am On Sep 12, 2013
okooooo!
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Mustay(m): 2:47am On Sep 12, 2013
I watched Maku announce the sack. It's only normal that there are temporary replacements - especially Ministers of States heading the ministry and vice-versa or a minister covering another position (e.g Bolaji Abdullahi of Sports overseeing Youth Ministry for now).

I don't want to join the bandwagon especially because of Wike - until he's confirmed as a permanent replacement, let's keep our fingers crossed. I even read somewhere else where Wike described Rufai's sack as a sad event - like seriously!!!

I found it amusing that Maku said GEJ was satisfied with the sacked ministers but he later justified the sack by saying the president needed "new blood" after spending two years in office.

In summary, these are not appointments in the real sense, they're just arrangements to 'keep the government running'. Things in Nigeria are not always 'normal' - I don't need to be shocked seeing a journalist, Maku supervising the Defence ministry if OBJ could transfer NOI from Finance to Foreign Affairs during his tenure.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by nirmy: 2:55am On Sep 12, 2013
President jonathan....action man. I can't stop laughing @ ignorance being displayed by our president. Wike has Minister 4 education... Dis same Wike in d midst of ASUU strike led some team of uninvited jobless nigerian 2 visit Llyod abroad after d river state saga. Dis man has no idea of what ASUU strike look like..having him now as d minister 4 education na terrible tin o. All road leads 2 Michigan university. No more hope 4 ASUU

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 12, 2013
Nigeria sucks,does he have d right to sack pple just like that?is there no employment laws in 9ja?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by agbameta: 3:15am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: You Small Minds, who hv no minds of yr own and are easily swayed by any trending nonsense repeated variously, shld plz keep yr mouths SHUT and yr Induced Thoughts to yrselves... Nyesom Wike, for all his political roforofoness and Kparakoism esp as relating to his local politics in Rivers State, has been a Very very Effective Minister of State. The Agencies and Programmes that he directly supervises hv been Effectively ran so far ie been producing Results- UBEC (a programme most responsible for d reason why most State Primary and Secondary Skols hv better Infrastructure today than they had had for a long time); NTI (ie d National Teachers Institute- one of d most Effective Govt Institutes in dis country today); building of more than 140 Almajiri Model Day/Boarding Skuls, with over 110 Completed in a little over a year (an Unprecendented feat in a country known for abandoning smaller projects talkless of a large/complex ones like this- which was only possible cos he personally was meeting with d Contractors every Month to monitor them); same reason is possibly why he had almost completed d building of 15 Model Girls Skuls across d nation AND also building new Libraries (very beautiful structures from d Pics of sm I have seen I must say) and Science Laboratories in about 40 Federal Unity Skuls in a phased programme to reach d 72 or so of them in bout 3 years; etc, etc. He has bn Effective and producing RESULTS as Junior Min, Period... You chaps shld learn to think for yourselves by finding out things yourselves, instead of behaving like muted donkeys, following lamely just any thing prevalent in d air at any given time. Cheers.

Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, boasted at a reception for him in Port Harcourt that he is ready to make life even more uncomfortable for the governor who is locked in the political battle of his life with the Presidency and his party (PDP), at the state and federal levels; the State Police Commissioner, Mbu Joseph Mbu and the Police Command; the Minister and his five supporters in the State House of Assembly; ex-militants; as well as other political forces from within and outside the state.

We will make sure they will not sleep again, as they are sleeping now. They will not sleep with their two eyes closed. One eye will be open because they know there is danger," the minister said,
24 hours after Amaechi told a delegation of Niger Delta Bishops who are trying to resolve the political crisis in the state that Wike remains a minister today by "the grace of God" and his (Amaechi's) effort.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201309111454.html?aa_source=slideout

^^^^^^^^^

The future of our kids is in the hands of thugs, kleptomaniacs, sociopaths and antisocial elements.

Bad enough that we have a born dullard as the president of Nigeria, now we have thugs, Areaboys and militants in charge of millions of students and their future...

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Caseless: 3:19am On Sep 12, 2013
Jonathan just increased the number of his enemies by nine(9).
I stil can't understand why ruqayya is on that list; no one blames her for ASUU strike. This got me puzzling if there is no political undertone to this move. I wonder how this move solves the underlying problems.
The goodnews is that gej's house(pdp) is in shambles.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by polosky: 3:30am On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=dewale2k]

[over the years now, i have known makun to be a liar and a professional in flattery to get cheap rewards from GEJ While wiked is a professional ITK(I TO KNOW] who forgot he had educational duties to perform as state minister instead ran down to rivers to fight Amaechi just for cheap benefit of position and favour he could get from the presidency and his wife........they re the once bible refer to as little foxes
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by nafiachi(m): 3:42am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: You Small Minds, who hv no minds of yr own and are easily swayed by any trending nonsense repeated variously, shld plz keep yr mouths SHUT and yr Induced Thoughts to yrselves... Nyesom Wike, for all his political roforofoness and Kparakoism esp as relating to his local politics in Rivers State, has been a Very very Effective Minister of State. The Agencies and Programmes that he directly supervises hv been Effectively ran so far ie been producing Results- UBEC (a programme most responsible for d reason why most State Primary and Secondary Skols hv better Infrastructure today than they had had for a long time); NTI (ie d National Teachers Institute- one of d most Effective Govt Institutes in dis country today); building of more than 140 Almajiri Model Day/Boarding Skuls, with over 110 Completed in a little over a year (an Unprecendented feat in a country known for abandoning smaller projects talkless of a large/complex ones like this- which was only possible cos he personally was meeting with d Contractors every Month to monitor them); same reason is possibly why he had almost completed d building of 15 Model Girls Skuls across d nation AND also building new Libraries (very beautiful structures from d Pics of sm I have seen I must say) and Science Laboratories in about 40 Federal Unity Skuls in a phased programme to reach d 72 or so of them in bout 3 years; etc, etc. He has bn Effective and producing RESULTS as Junior Min, Period... You chaps shld learn to think for yourselves by finding out things yourselves, instead of behaving like muted donkeys, following lamely just any thing prevalent in d air at any given time. Cheers.

My man, if all u said is true, then no doubt he has performed, but don't u think u are missing sumtin?
Would he perform without the support of his minister? Well, I wish him luck!
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by shineeye: 3:43am On Sep 12, 2013
The question is how many people have died in their opposition to President Jonathan? Abacha murdered people, you said. Who has Jonathan murdered? Besides, one of the very intractable maladies that marred Muhammadu Buhari's, Ibrahim Babangida's, Sani Abacha's and Olusegun Obasanjo's governments was the perennial scarcity of petroleum products all over the country. It was so bad under these leaders especially Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo that petrol became a most prized jewel despite the incessant increase in its price. I recall that throughout the eight years of Obasanjo's tenure, for instance, virtually all the filling stations in the country were turned to boxing arenas as a result of the fight for petrol. This was particularly worse during Christmas celebrations under Obasanjo when there would be not a drop of petrol to buy and everyone would be forced to stay indoors. Obasanjo increased the price of petrol eight times during his eight year tenure, more than any other leader in the history of Nigeria but until he left office petrol remained a very scarce commodity. Now Jonathan has been in power for only two years. Have you witnessed any such scarcity of petroleum products such as ruined Babangida's, Abacha's and Obasanjo's governments? Under Buhari between 1984 and 1985, Nigerians always had to queue for several hours to get essential commodities from soldiers, while Buhari himself engaged in Counter Trade and currency exchange corruption. This continued until he was toppled by Ibrahim Babangida in August 1985 resulting in spontaneous celebrations all over the country. Secondly, although some federal roads still need attention today, please can you sincerely compare the states of federal roads under those four leaders with the ones today under Jonathan? I travel a lot. Check out Benin-Ore, Akure-Ado Ekiti, Ikot Ekpene-Umuahia-Orlu, Benin-Akure, Ado Ekiti-Ilorin and Okene-Makurdi roads to mention just a few of the roads which were all death traps throughout Obasanjo'sand previous governments until recently. Work has just commenced on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway which was neglected by Obasanjo for eight years. Obasanjo throughout his eight years in power did not construct one single road anywhere in Nigeria even in the South West where he comes from. I recently travelled from Uyo to Ekiti and I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw on the federal roads such as Benin-Ore, Benin-Akure and Akure-Ado Ekiti that had always annoyed me. Third, unlike Jonathan, all the four former leaders have blood on their hands. They murdered people. They imposed a climate of fear by engineering the assassination of Nigerians whom they saw as threats to their ambition. Who murdered Dele Giwa(Baba...), Bola Ige and Harry Marshall (Oba...), Alfred Rewane and Kudirat Abiola(Aba...)? Buhari on his part enacted vindictive retroactive decrees and used them to murder Bartholomew Owoh, Lawal Ojuolape and Bernard Ogedengbe. Remember? So far, Jonathan has not murdered any Nigerian. Railways destroyed by Babangida and Abacha are up again and all the airports are now being refurbished by Jonathan. Almajiris that have been a source of perennial embarrassment to my beloved North now have their schools courtesy of President Jonathan when all the Northern leaders ignored these institutions in their time. Jonathan has signed FOI bill into law to enable all citizens to have access to information on government activities when these past leaders refused to do so, and especially Buhari instead enacted Decree 4 which prescribed long jail terms for any journalist who published anything considered embarrassing to government EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE and used it to jail Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor. Also, although power supply remains epileptic, it is far far better than it was under Obasanjo in particular. I have been enjoying 14 hours of uninterrupted power supply for the past four months when i was in Uyo and Ado Ekiti. Finally, in sports, specifically football which means a whole lot to Nigerians, Nigeria has just won the prestigious Nations Cup under President Jonathan AFTER ONLY TWO YEARS OF HIS LEADERSHIP. For the eight years that Obasanjo was in power Nigeria DID NOT WIN A SINGLE TROPHY IN FOOTBALL OR INDEED ANY OTHER SPORT! In fact, under Obasanjo, Nigeria left all tournaments in which it participated in disgrace. Surely, these seven areas impact directly on the lives of ordinary citizens of this country, do they not?

GEJ(SAW, PBUH, SWT) 2015
NO SHAKING!!!

Allah ya tarwatsa Arewanci....

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by SirdeKay: 3:47am On Sep 12, 2013
We have all failed to realise that this is the fall out from the division in the ruling PDP. Pres Jonathan is now hitting back at the sponsors of these ministers who are presently in the New PDP thus throwing all caution to the winds. From all indications, this sack was not a pre-planned thing but was an extremely rash decision which will further widen the chasm in the party. It's a pity that our president has allowed his 2015 ambition to blind him irrespective of the sterling performance of some of these former ministers.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by abdulkayus(m): 4:04am On Sep 12, 2013

c dis lapdog. Did u think he did all dos things or d minister did dem. FYI, a minister of state is a junior minister who assisst the minister in carrying out works nt him initiating dem himself. Kudos shld be given to the minister for all dos sterling performance nt d wicked wike dat was goin up and down to fight d fight dat its nt his bt jus to get some crumps frm d PEJ.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by gameboy727(m): 4:21am On Sep 12, 2013
Let's see what the new crew offer us.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by nuges1(m): 4:28am On Sep 12, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by gameboy727(m): 4:32am On Sep 12, 2013
The problem with we Nigerians is that we think we know all and judge things from only one point of view with no visible proof. Life is but a step. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's give these new guys a chance. Step by step we would get there.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Shalome(m): 4:39am On Sep 12, 2013
It is obvious that GEJ haters have allowed sentiment to cloud their reasoning, people that have allowed hate to take over their hearts,anything the president does is evil in their sight,keep it coming with the crowd mentality,una eyes go open one day....just one day....ask any GEJ hater what they really want,they'll tell you they want him impeached...fine...and after that what? I hope you guys sleep at night

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 12, 2013
BabaAlabi: It is nothing personal, It's just business....I have always known that GEJ is a retardino but this cabinet reshuffle is the handwork of a political strategist....hope you guys know the woman behind this?
which woman?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Shalome(m): 4:54am On Sep 12, 2013
Jonathan is a retard,that statement is apparent now,no thanks to the anti GEJ propaganda machinery working tirelessly,they're winning folks over every minute,why won't they? The average nigerian is always looking for someone to blame his misfortune on....your beans got burnt in the kitchen,blame GEJ,U got fired at work, blame GEJ.
Guess nigerians want one of their recycled dirty polithiefians back,one of those old dirty ex generals to rule them again,heavy is the head that wears the crown.... undecidedJonathan is a retard,that statement is apparent now,no thanks to the anti GEJ propaganda machinery working tirelessly,they're winning folks over every minute,why won't they? The average nigerian is always looking for someone to blame his misfortune on....your beans got burnt in the kitchen,blame GEJ,U got fired at work, blame GEJ.
Guess nigerians want one of their recycled dirty polithiefians back,one of those old dirty ex generals to rule them again,heavy is the head that wears the crown....
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Seriousbusiness: 4:56am On Sep 12, 2013
It's all politics and because of 2015.erelu obada former defense(loyalist to oyinlola),rukayatu education(loyalist to Kano gov.).So it's all about political calculations.
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Rejoice5000(f): 5:00am On Sep 12, 2013
They will soon appoint MINISTER OF AIR.ASUU matter dey ooooooo
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 12, 2013
Is Olusola Obada going too because of her relationship with Oyinlola?
Re: President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers by blessed4ever: 5:10am On Sep 12, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international Youth and Campus program, titled,'THAT WE MIGHT BE BLESSED',in Lagos,Nigeria, at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop) this week Friday and Saturday, 13th & 14th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout, yoke of academic failure or mediocrity will break, failure in business will be forgotten...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life, family, finanace, career, academics etc. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umar Jibrilla Bindow's Son's Bride (Photos) / Boma Goodhead: "Is Osinbajo A Christian? He Sold His Soul To Devil For Crumbs" / Muhammad Ahmad Shot Dead In Katsina. Son & Driver Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.