Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium (2761 Views)

Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists / Nigeria: Abdulmutallab Episode - Tightening The Noose On Visa Ap / Advice On Visa Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by ikechiozo: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2013
Please dear Nairalanders, i am in need of your advice in applying for a study VISA to Belgium for my masters.. I have applied for the VISA 2yrs ago but was denied on the grounds of insufficient financial means which i believe is quite justified as my sponsor didnt have enough money or income to show as required in their laws.
According to their laws, one needs to have a minimum of 973 euros for himself + 604 euros for the student and 150 euros for any other dependant on him each month to qualify to sponsor a student in Belgium.
now, i have gotten another sponsor with a good financial base and whose monthly earnings far exceeds their requirements but i am scared of applying again as a friend i met recently told me that when he applied, his sponsor had everything but he was still denied the VISA..
For those that have applied or know people that have applied kindly share ur thoughts on this so that i will be properly guided to avoid wasting my money on them again.

I am very much willing to opening a blocked account and depositing the 604 euros x 12 in the account if its acceptable by their embassy in Nigeria as obtainable for Germany.

Anyone with any method shld please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by Vicjustice: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2013
ikechiozo: Please dear Nairalanders, i am in need of your advice in applying for a study VISA to Belgium for my masters.. I have applied for the VISA 2yrs ago but was denied on the grounds of insufficient financial means which i believe is quite justified as my sponsor didnt have enough money or income to show as required in their laws.
According to their laws, one needs to have a minimum of 973 euros for himself + 604 euros for the student and 150 euros for any other dependant on him each month to qualify to sponsor a student in Belgium.
now, i have gotten another sponsor with a good financial base and whose monthly earnings far exceeds their requirements but i am scared of applying again as a friend i met recently told me that when he applied, his sponsor had everything but he was still denied the VISA..
For those that have applied or know people that have applied kindly share ur thoughts on this so that i will be properly guided to avoid wasting my money on them again.

I am very much willing to opening a blocked account and depositing the 604 euros x 12 in the account if its acceptable by their embassy in Nigeria as obtainable for Germany.

Anyone with any method shld please let me know.

Thanks
The relationship of your sponsor to you is the key, it is preferred if your sponsor is your parent, and it will be a bit considerable if a (biological) brother or sister is: but if you are presenting an uncle, an aunt, an in-law, a cousin, a family friend or whoever/whatever good-samaritan as your sponsor, you would be refused again
Re: Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by ikechiozo: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2013
My parents cannot sponsor me, but the person i want to use is my cousin with the same surname.
Re: Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by eghosarita: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2013
I applied for a short stay visa to Belgium and was refused on the ground of Schegen agreement of the 14th of June 1985. This is based on the ground that I applied for a UK student visa in 2007 and i was refused. please nairalanders i will need some advice from you and also a link to an international lawyer who can help with the appeal. Thanks.
Re: Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by solomonwis(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2013
eghosarita: I applied for a short stay visa to Belgium and was refused on the ground of Schegen agreement of the 14th of June 1985. This is based on the ground that I applied for a UK student visa in 2007 and i was refused. please nairalanders i will need some advice from you and also a link to an international lawyer who can help with the appeal. Thanks.

The reason for your denial is vague. They couldn't have denied you a visa simply because you were refused a UK student visa in 2007.

It will help if you post the details on the refusal notice so people can advise you appropriately.
Re: Information On VISA Refusal/rejection For Study In Belgium by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2015
Please let keep this thread alive. I will like to inform fellow nairalanders that admissions into various universities in Belgium has started. Hurry and secure your place. Good Luck.

(1) (Reply)

Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians / Chances Of Getting U.s Visa? / Springrise The Bogus Agent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.