Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How To Recover A Deleted Partition - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Recover A Deleted Partition (779 Views)

How To Break Partition In Windows 7 / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? / How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2013
got an external 1tb seagate harddrive for a friend to back up his computer. before staring the backup process, he begged me to partition the hard drive into two so he can use one for backups while the other will be used for normal storage.
i used windows disk management utility to delete the previous partition, but the problem started when i started the process of creating new partiton. the system stopped responding during the process of creating the partition.
after waiting for a while, i have to manually stop the process.
its worth of note that the previous partition was FAT32 and i tried using NTFS to format the new partition.
presently, i cant access both the previous partition and the new partition.
when ever i try formatting the disk again, it will make a click sound and nothing more.
i have used several disk/partition recovery tools including FIND AND MOUNT, ZERO ASSUMPTION RECOVERY but no success.
some people advised i should format the disk as if i want to install new window inside. to do this i have to remove the disk from the case and that is my fear. cos i think i might be possible to return the disk to where i bought it.

please i sincerely need advice on this.
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2013
please am still waiting for replies.
tanx
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
waiting for answers................................
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Babalegba(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
A clicking sound from an external Seagate is notgood at all, the last time it happened to me, I lost the drive and 320g data. Do not open the drive as it sounds like disk failure and you might have to return it.
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
@babalegba
i dont know the possibility of the seller collecting it back from me. thats my main fear and its has being in ma hand for a long time before i tried using it for the first time dis wk
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
more responses pls
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
The existing partitions are probably corrupt and unreadable because of the interrupted format operation.
Using the same disk management utility, check if the system sees the disk. If it does, right click on it, delete all the partitions. Then create new ones, format the new partitions.
This doesn't recover anything, it just flushes all data on the drive and prepares it for use.
To recover lost partitions, you will need a tool on this live cd, ultimate boot cd, its free to download.
Re: How To Recover A Deleted Partition by Dondbuzor: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2013
i opened d disk this morning just to discover that i was 30g ide hard disk that is inside the casing. they probably used a magic/ghost partition software to make it appear like 1tb.
will return d disk the nxt time i travel back to osha.......
case resolved. thanks for all d contributions

(1) (Reply)

10 Top cheapest cars to maintain in the world check them out... / Easy Way To Make $100 Without Any Capital( Just 1 Hour Per Day Online Job) / Brand New Laptops For Sale As Low As #55k.call-08036819899

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.