Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

How To Break Partition In Windows 7 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Break Partition In Windows 7 (2507 Views)

How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Break Partition In Windows 7 by milahenner: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2012
I recently changed my os to windows 7 from windows xp it’s very much different and user friendly to use but when I check the disk space it shows only 20GB free space out of 150GB. So I am trying to break partition of the hard but I couldn’t find any option to change. Can please share your comments below to create partition in windows 7.
Re: How To Break Partition In Windows 7 by xterra2(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2012
You have to shrink it first before doing so
The place you are looking for is disk management,
Shrink it first select the number of bytes you want, after shrinking you'll see the new shrinked partition right click and do the rest

Note if would change your hard disk from a basic disk and if you have a hp laptop ...... Wait no need for this nevermind since you have a XP laptop which I guess came with the laptop so you should be fine
Re: How To Break Partition In Windows 7 by Maleeq(m): 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
milahenner: I recently changed my os to windows 7 from windows xp it’s very much different and user friendly to use but when I check the disk space it shows only 20GB free space out of 150GB. So I am trying to break partition of the hard but I couldn’t find any option to change. Can please share your comments below to create partition in windows 7.
You are already running low on disk space. Why do you want to create another partition? Are you trying to meet certain need?

(1) (Reply)

Best Anti-virus For The Year Kaspersky For : With 2 Year License Key / How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Computer With Windows Vista Pre-installed? / Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.