Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,197 members, 7,842,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

What Can God Not Do? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can God Not Do? (2505 Views)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can God Not Do? by olabowale(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Chrisbenogor: « #30 on: Today at 02:04:58 PM »

@olabowale

Unlike you who believes that you are a different brand of "monkey!"

What do you know about evolution?

I know enough to know that I am not a monkey! I know enough that Spermed egg can actually become a matured and complete specie, if all conditions are normal throughout the developmental period.

Stop it, China man. You bore me sometimes, since you never had answered my inquiry about the Augor Ethnic tribe in China. You are running from pillar to post and yet you said nothing!

@mazaje (m):« #31 on: Today at 02:13:44 PM »

olabowale carry your allah and shove him up. . . . i am not interested. . . . . .

I heard you Finnish. You can take good opinion. And, oh its spelled Allah!

@post
God cannot prove to man that he exists, he has to do it through other men, shame really considering all his power and might.

Its really a shame. . . . . .

Whats shameful is your lack cogent thinking. Does everything have to be proven to you by the entity in the position to accept that the occupant of that position is truly the holder of the office?

I remember that I was not born before my father lost both of his parents. But without any doubt, I knew from hearing the stories of these noble people that my father did not start a life without a father and or a mother!

And my children were never told that I was the husband of their mother before they knew that I am their father and their mother was my wife and hence, I am their mother's husband!

Did anybody had to sit you down to know that your parents were husband or wife to the other? If you were not, then know that those signs and speeches that helped you to know your place in your parents' lives and their relationships with each other should be a similitude to your "wanting" of God's existence!
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
I know enough to know that I am not a monkey! I know enough that Spermed egg can actually become a matured and complete specie, if all conditions are normal throughout the developmental period.

Oga sorry but is that what you know about evolution? People keep mouthing off here about how wrong they think it is but how much do you know about it, does evolution mean you are a monkey? or that you are not a specie of your own? what is a specie? What do you know about evolution truly?

We will talk about China when you open a thread for it grin
Re: What Can God Not Do? by manmustwac(m): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2008
olabowale:

@manmustwac: #21 on: Yesterday at 05:09:34 PM »
Have you been able to use rationalization or logic to prove that God does not exist? Have you been able to use rationalization and logic to prove that you know all the unknowns? There must be something that you do not know! Afterall, at best you were ignorant, at a time in your life of all the things that you know now. You were taught enough to be convinced! Please use the same concept to teach yourself, or learn from those who know that God exist to discover His existence.
Well anybody with good rationalization and logic will know that there is no God. If there was then why didn't he stop hurricane katrina? why did he allow the hutus to burn the tutsis who were praying for mercy in their christian churches? why didn't he stop 911? You cannot deny that God is an expert at seeming to be very none existant.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by manmustwac(m): 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2008
[b]Olabowale[/b]The post says what can God not do? I will tell the post to open her eyes and ask the question what is God doing? People put to much faith in religion and because their faith is strong their blind to what is happening around them. Instead of thinking of how to hold their leaders to account for the poverty and lack of progress in their cpuntry. They prefer to pray to God for miracles, shun their leaders and let them do what they like. Well its called suffering cry and smiling smiley i guess
Re: What Can God Not Do? by olabowale(m): 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Chrisbenogor: « #33 on: Today at 03:04:36 PM »

Oga sorry but is that what you know about evolution? People keep mouthing off here about how wrong they think it is but how much do you know about it, does evolution mean you are a monkey? or that you are not a specie of your own? what is a specie? What do you know about evolution truly?

Again I know enogh. Enough to know that my forefather, Adam was not a monkey and did not come from a monkey. But was created as a complete and separate "specie, known as Human/Mankind!" Thats enough for you man.

We will talk about China when you open a thread for it

By baby is there presently. She may take back with her, a baby girl abandoned in an ophanage by that cruel and racist skin color and ethinic madness that they "fake up," when you deal with them, just because the child is a product of black man and oriental mother!

I really use China man as my own term to get under your skin. If I want to deal in China, I already have my contacts. Alhamdulillah.

@manmustwac (m):« #34 on: Today at 06:27:02 PM »

Well anybody with good rationalization and logic will know that there is no God. If there was then why didn't he stop hurricane katrina? why did he allow the hutus to burn the tutsis who were praying for mercy in their christian churches? why didn't he stop 911? You cannot deny that God is an expert at seeming to be very none existant.

And there is something called natural desaster! There were a lot of goods that came from Katrina. The last hurricane season was a proof of that, in New Orleans. They got of "dodge," ample time before it even hit. The levy was made stronger and still improving on it. And before that, we read in many history books, where evil persons, or people were destroyed, in order that good people might live. The destrucyion of Pharaoh, the Egyptian tyrannical King is a good example. Or who help Moses to single handedly destroy the great army of Pharaoh, by only using a stick that he easily carried in his hand?

The death of Adolph Hitler is another. God checked the third reich with the rising up of America. I hope you get it.
Look at all those people who might have perished in major desasters, and from the events, you will read accounts of so many miracles! In a plane crash sometime ago, all the adults died, and the only one who survived was a little child.

The other day, I saw a video on You Tube about a Leopard who hunted and killed a mother monkey, yet saved her little baby. Check it out man. You heart should jump when you watch it. Except that you may be cold-stone hearted.

« #35 on: Today at 06:49:17 PM »

OlabowaleThe post says what can God not do? I will tell the post to open her eyes and ask the question what is God doing? People put to much faith in religion and because their faith is strong their blind to what is happening around them. Instead of thinking of how to hold their leaders to account for the poverty and lack of progress in their cpuntry. They prefer to pray to God for miracles, shun their leaders and let them do what they like. Well its called suffering and smiling i guess

You are a Nigerian. Go talk to your leaders. You should be mad as hell. But all of that is just between humans. Some have good conscience. Others have terrible conscience; Nigerian leaders. I know what I go through, when some people do realise that I am a Nigerian. There is this wall of "oh no, let me pay attention, even now closely, !" And yet the whole of the evilness of 419 started after I left Nigeria. And I have also been victimed by Nigerians.

All of that has nothing to disproof the existence of the Mighty God, Allah the Irresistable!
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
@olabowole
Oga I am beginning to sound like a broken record oh, is that what you know about evolution? Just tell me how much is the enough you know because so far I can tell you are very ignorant of the issue. See I don't beat around the bush or look for other things to dodge questions that I was asked. Because of my benevolence let me lighten the load for you, how long ago do you think this earth and your adam was created let us start from there because evolution is too hard for you to understand.
As for china I don't know what you are talking about I like the language that's why you see it there I just let you go on and on about china because that's what you like to do.
@post again
Maybe some of the words of a famous philosopher will help
Is God willing to stop evil but not able- then he is not all powerful
Is God able to stop evil but not willing- then he is not all loving
Is God able and willing to stop evil - then why is there still evil in the world
Is God neither able nor willing to stop evil - then why call him God.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Chrisbenogor,

How body? I wonder if your philosopher actually had any real gist to hold unto - just curious.

Let us even assume that there was "no God", question is -

Chrisbenogor:

- then why is there still evil in the world

. . and if there was "no God", how has atheism solved evil in the world?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2008
@pilgrim
Fine dearie, just nursing an aching gum, didn't have fun at with the dentist.
Na wa self for my philosopher, but don't you think that those statements are too small to assume that what he was questioning was the existence of God?
I think the nature of God is what he was after.
What has atheism done to better the world not really the issue is it?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2008
Nothing is too Big or too small for my Living God. . . . .

He is able to do Exceeding Abundantly than that which I think or ask,. . .

There is truly none like HIM. . . . kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Chrisbenogor,

Chrisbenogor:

Fine dearie, just nursing an aching gum, didn't have fun at with the dentist.

I'm beginning to have a toothache with the yannings this p.m. sef! Lol. . . awww, so sorry about you aches: pls get better soon, yeah? wink

Chrisbenogor:

Na wa self for my philosopher, but don't you think that those statements are too small to assume that what he was questioning was the existence of God?

No mind am sef! These philosophers too dey grow grey hairs on one spot! grin
No, I did not think he was about the existence or non-existence of God, at least that is clear from this:
Is God able to stop evil but not willing- then he is not all loving
. . meaning that his inference is that God is not all loving, and not that God does not exist.

But then, if I be you, I no go bend to that wisecrack and make am appear for my input. Because it only comes back to the poster to find a solution for the malady he complains about rather than fuss and complain. Talk is cheap, and to just complain about something without doing anything about it is one of the hallmarks of lazy dudes.

Chrisbenogor:

I think the nature of God is what he was after.

Don't you think he was not really after that, but just simply looking out for a way of hanging his garboil on Him? I mean, if God was not all powerful, how has that inference helped the philosopher made a move to discover an all-powerful being to solve his problem of evil? undecided

Chrisbenogor:

What has atheism done to better the world not really the issue is it?

I was just asking directly to help us see that this career of seeking always to deride religion is unhealthy. Do I believe that religion (even Christianity) could and should be critiqued? Yes (that is my opinion: am not saying every Christian feels this way). But what I think is that such critiques (not criticisms) should be done in a healthy and honest way. It is because of such critiques that we have what is called apologetics in Christianity (1 Peter 3:15-16). But when people don't do this in a healthy manner that fosters good dialogue, what then do we have?

Feel better from that ache, and let me see more of you. Cheers. wink
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2008
@pilgrim
Talk is cheap, and to just complain about something without doing anything about it is one of the hallmarks of lazy dudes.
Thats nairaland for you my dear we love to yap away here, its kinda fun grin

Do I believe that religion (even Christianity) could and should be critiqued? Yes (that is my opinion: am not saying every Christian feels this way). But what I think is that such critiques (not criticisms) should be done in a healthy and honest way. It is because of such critiques that we have what is called apologetics in Christianity (1 Peter 3:15-16). But when people don't do this in a healthy manner that fosters good dialogue, what then do we have?

I copy you on that one maybe we should start dealing with issues that affect us now rather than being stuck back in time, grin where do we start.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@pilgrimThats nairaland for you my dear we love to yap away here, its kind of fun grin

Abeg enjoy, o jare! grin

Chrisbenogor:

I copy you on that one maybe we should start dealing with issues that affect us now rather than being stuck back in time, grin where do we start.

Any suggestions? No fibs, eh? grin

Bless.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2008
Any suggestions? No fibs, eh?

My dear you know say I no go try to deliberately deceive you na, as my command of english reach na so I go try explain myself. Anyway a case hits close to home, just after that doc removed my tooth, I was waiting to get me drugs and still had gauze in my mouth the nurse comes up to me and brought out a copy of watchtower and started preaching to me. I say chei I don die, today of all days wey i no fit talk, I could only nod yes or no. So how about we deal with the issue of Jehova's witnesses not collecting blood? what do you think?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2008
@Chrisbenogor,

Chrisbenogor:

My dear you know say I no go try to deliberately deceive you na, as my command of english reach na so I go try explain myself. Anyway a case hits close to home, just after that doc removed my tooth, I was waiting to get me drugs and still had gauze in my mouth the nurse comes up to me and brought out a copy of watchtower and started preaching to me. I say chei I don die, today of all days wey i no fit talk, I could only nod yes or no.

hmm, . . I don't know about others; but em. . I don't feel very warm about that, for it doesn't seem that she was even sensitive to your situation. If she had only handed the tract to you, could make more sense than to put you through the grindmill. I might be wrong as well - who knows. undecided

Chrisbenogor:

So how about we deal with the issue of Jehova's witnesses not collecting blood? what do you think?

U wan make I buy market? shocked shocked shocked

lol, nah. . I'm not going there for now - until later.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by huxley(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2008
Can god create a square circle?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2008
huxley:

Can god create a square circle?

Has atheism done so?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by huxley(m): 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Has atheism done so?

Atheism does not claim omnipotence/omniscience.

Can god create an object that would be too heavy for him to lift?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by pilgrim1(f): 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2008
huxley:

Atheism does not claim omnipotence/omniscience.

We've been done with that refrain too many times. Does anyone need omnipotence to answer my simple question? Why this ducking? undecided
Re: What Can God Not Do? by BabyJinx: 2:09am On Oct 20, 2008
@Olaadegbu: Thanks for your translation. But you should notice the tone of the poster. His tone of reverence to the Almighty. If he, the poster had been from a culture where there clear thought of intonation when you respect and when you are not, it will seem that it is a plural "Pronoun, eg you, as in the Kile." But we know that this is how we talk to our elders. Henc it is no wonder that the poster uses a second person plural, in a definite majestic tone. Kudos to you people.

Huh?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by olabowale(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2008
@Chrisbenogor: « #37 on: Yesterday at 08:47:30 PM »

@olabowole
Oga I am beginning to sound like a broken record oh, is that what you know about evolution? Just tell me how much is the enough you know because so far I can tell you are very ignorant of the issue.

Does it really matter? I didn't complain about evolution. The word betrays its meaning. Thats good enough for me. I know enough to know that I am not from anything other than "your Adam." borrowing from your language below. It is you who needs to pinpoint the date you know for certain that the earth "evolved," in your nonsensical evolution hypothesis!

See I don't beat around the bush or look for other things to dodge questions that I was asked. Because of my benevolence let me lighten the load for you, how long ago do you think this earth and your adam was created let us start from there because evolution is too hard for you to understand.

And when you think knowledge is complete, then you may find a new grade of knowledge, better than what you have thought was "absolute!" Should I be wasting my time in your style of thinking? My answer is no. This is why I am going to entertain your evolutionary discussions.

As for china I don't know what you are talking about I like the language that's why you see it there I just let you go on and on about china because that's what you like to do.

You could have fooled everyone. Your location in your profile, which I just checked, in order i might best respond to you, arries some Chinese writing. Is there any reason that a non-Chinese language speaker, like me, will think you are in ther non-oriental location? Your excuses against my assumption is nothing short of grand standing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oral Roberts Goes Home To Be With The Lord / Christ's Existence Not Substantiated By Historical Evidence / Athiest: Intelligent Consciousness Vs Inanimate Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.