Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Single Lady - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Single Lady (24051 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 11:09am On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus:
she alone knows the storyline. I think it will be better if will allow her add what she want. The things listed above might not be part of the story.
thank you yemi.
Re: Single Lady by phranseeqz(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ghost mode deactivated. keep it flowing. Thumbs up
Re: Single Lady by Incredibleme: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
taah!
me i must talk too.
uhmm uhmm.....

*keep doing watya doing gal*
Re: Single Lady by Bluediamond1(f): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nice work gal.kip it up.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
phranseeqz: Ghost mode deactivated. keep it flowing. Thumbs up
thank you dear
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Blue diamond: Nice work gal.kip it up.
thank you
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Incredible.me:
taah!
me i must talk too.
uhmm uhmm.....

*keep doing watya doing gal*
lol,i dey believe you.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
I looked up at famous and thought to myself;
'I wouldn't want anybody stalking me with calls o. Well, he looks cool. Should I give him my number? Errmm, why am I even putting so much thought into this sef? After all he didn't say lets get married or something. Its just hanging out and I'm sure he means no harm.'

' ok, give me your phone so I'll dail my number so I can save yours' I said

'errmm, I dnt have airtime now. Just give me the digits and I'll call you later' he said

'he is even broke gosh! Nawa o. You can't recharge your phone, you wan carry girl commot. How do I get out of this? ' I said to myself while giving him a default smile.

'why dnt you give me your number and I'll call you?' I said

'haha, Jenny wants to 'post' me. I have heard that line from ladies and they never call. Please, Just give me your number and I'll do the calling' he said

'ok whatever, 080*****.' I said

'I'll call you. You would have to excuse me, I have issues to attend to.' He said

'ok, later na' I said

As he left, the lecturer handling the first class came in. I had to enter the lecture hall this time irrespective of how I felt or how hot it was. I walked in and saw Caroline waving. I squeezed pass people and got to where she was sitting, she had used her bag to save a seat for me.

'Damn girl, you are a life saver' I said to her

'what are friends for na' she said

'inconveniences obviously. I can imagine what people have been saying or doing to you just to sit here.' I Said

We both started laughing. I went on to tell her about broke Famous and we laughed uncontrollably totally forgetting there was a lecturer in front of us.

'You two, what's so funny? Stand up and share with the class ' the lecturer said

Caroline started to reply;
'nothing Ma, I...'

' Ma, I asked her where she stopped in her note because I wanted to update mine with hers. She called me lazy that's why we were laughing.' I quickly interrupted

Caroline's eyes widened with suprise as I said this. My poker face is perfect, you can't tell when I'm lieing. So I put up the face and the lecturer had no choice.

'Just sit down and if you have other things you want to discuss with your friend, let it be after my lecture! ' she said as she turned to her hand-out and started dictating from it.

'phew! , that was close. Thank goodness you are a good liar' Caroline said. I just chuckled and started writing.

It was Wednesday evening when Caroline called;
'I have been invited to a party this evening at 'pioneer garden' , are you interested so we could go and check it out together?'

Pioneer garden is one of the numerous bars or hang out zones near school. Chairs and tables are arranged outside, so you stay in or out. There is a 'suya spot' by one side with an hausa guy preparing it while food and pepper soup are sold inside. It is a typical 'Igbo' hanging out zone where students and the indegenes of the neighbouring villages come to chill after the day's work.

' why not, I am game but you have to come pick me up. What's the dresscode?'

'babe, just look hot' Caroline said

'that one easy na' I said

'I dey believe you na, I'll pick you up by 8pm' Caroline said

Caroline and I walked into the bar looking glamorously hot. While Caroline searched for the host of the party, I scanned the place for the perfect company for the evening. Not so long after, my eyes met with this very fine young man. He had the right body and I mean that seriously. He had like six or eight packs and the biceps were just the right size. I could tell by just looking at the way his polo hugged his rock solid chest.

At this point, some people had started dancing while others just sat drinking and cheering them on. I sat down at a strategic spot where I could managed to keep my eyes on my 'Mr sexy' and not look too obvious. After downing about three bottles of 'smirnoff ice' , my morale had skyrocketed. I got up to dance , I joined the people on the dance floor. Just so you know, my dancing skills are superb. As I put my skills to good use, Mr sexy couldn't resist for too long and joined me.

Damn!!, his body felt so good so close to mine. His biceps made me feel safe like he could protect me(not that i needed any at this point). I tried not to do much damage to his manliness this time( wouldn't want him asking me 'how much because I'm not selling anything). We kept at this for awhile until I was exhausted.
I asked him if we could go sit and he nodded and followed me back to my chair.

I tried to start a conversation atleast get to know the dude I've been 'rocking' for two hours.
'my name is Jennifer' I said
He just smiled and said nothing.

'hmmm, Mr sexy is playing mysterious, sexy!! ' I said to myself

'this is the point you tell me your name atleast courtesy demands that and I just told you mine' I said

'Nne, my name is Johnbull but my fliends callu me oga Jb. He said with a concentrated Igbo accent.

I gawked at him
'oh my goodness' was all I could say

2 Likes

Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=Ruby spice]
'this is the point you tell me your name atleast courtesy demands that and I just told you mine' I said

'Nne, my name is Johnbull but my fliends callu me oga Jb. Cant stop lafing
Shebi na u go find the poor boy trouble now
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=kingphilip][/quote]
i couldn't help it na,he was so fyn.. Haha
Re: Single Lady by creamyanne: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2013
Human mode activated...Buhahahahahahahahahahaha..roflmao..This ur last update got me laffin.*nice sense of humour* cool story.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2013
creamy anne: Human mode activated...Buhahahahahahahahahahaha..roflmao..This ur last update got me laffin.*nice sense of humour* cool story.
thank you dear, am glad you like it
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2013
'Some dark forces are trying to rob me of my moment. They are just sitting there mocking me and I wouldn't keep allowing them do that to me. I finally find a guy I was really feeling and he just had to have a 'comma' '. I said to myself

'Nne the baby, is something disturb you? I am more than capable. 'gwam', I mean tellu me the plobrem.' Oga Jb said

I gave him the default smile and said;
'Nothing is bothering me, please excuse me.' Then, I got up to leave the table

'ngwanu, I would be here waiting for you my 'asa nwa' Oga Jb replied

I left the table quickly in search of Caroline. I saw her at the host's table and signalled her. She came straight to me and said;
'babe, wetyn happen?'

' can we go now?' I said

' ah ah, why the hurry? Or you think I didn't see you with that hunky?' she said

'that's the problem. If that guy open his mouth and talk to you, you would be appalled. Caroline, some evil forces are mocking me o. See that guy, he looks even edible but with the way he sounds. I wouldn't be caught dead with him.' I said

'awww, sorry dear but your standard sef too high. I doubt if any guy could cut it. Why not just relax and go with the flow? Jb is well-to-do, has a superb body. You gaining a little extra change isn't all that bad you know' Caroline said

'Since you can see all this good qualities, why not go for him?!' I barked back

'Hey calm down na. She said laughing then continued saying; 'its you he obviously wants. He has been staring at you since you walked in. I watched you dance with him, you didn't mind much before o' she said

'whatever, just go and say your goodbyes so we can go.' I said
Caroline chuckled as she left while I walked back to my table to get my purse.

'Nne, you come back. Chai! Sit down na' Oga Jb said

'errmm, I can't. I have to go, its late.' I said

'No problem, I'll use my 'murano jeepu' to drop you.' he said

'alright, let me call my friend. We came together. That's if you dnt mind.' I said

'ok o, anything for you' Jb said
I walked off to find Caroline.

Jb dropped off Caroline at her lodge and took me to mine. He stopped in front and parked his car, then said;
'Mummy, I rike you and would lealy want us to become good fliends. Is it money you want? I would spoil you with 'ego'. Just glee to be my fliend.'

' Jb, we would see how things go. Its too soon to tell.' I said

'ngwanu, give me your number so I can callu you later' he said
I gave him the number and was about getting out of the car when he called me back. He opened the pigeon hole and brought out a wad of one thousand naira notes and gave it to me.
' take this, use it for lecharge card. I would callu you. Bye bye' he said and he drove off before I could even decline.

'this guy means business o, maybe it wouldn't harm to hang with him afterall' I said to myself as I walked to my room

Deedee was asleep when I got in. 'Thank goodness, my school mama don dey tire. She for continue na' I said to myself
I was obviously pleased about how the night turned out.

'When did you get in yesterday night?' Deedee said as she woke me up

'Dnt tell me that is why you woke me up' I said

'partly and you would be late for lectures if I didn't, so tell me' she Said

'this girl, you dey find who go kill you abi? How it you business? Please stay out of my business and leave me alone. Ah ah, who said I wanted a school mother? ' I said

'you are my business na, and I'm minding you' she said

'come we no be mate o, respect yourself. Leave me alone' I said and turned to continue sleeping

' Get up jare, dnt you have lectures this morning? Its 8am o' she said

'Shit, for real? That means no chair for me today except Caroline makes it on time' I said as I jumped out of bed. I hurriedly prepared for school and left the house by 8:45 am.

I got to my lecture hall by 9:15am after treking from registry to C.C.E building. I was panting and sweating profusely when I got in. The lecture had began, infact it was almost over. The lecturer happened to be Dr. Amadi.

'hmmm, Miss Jenny decided to grace us with her presence. What do you have to say for your self?' Dr. Amadi said

'sir, I... I started to say but was interrupted by my ringtone. I searched for my phone in my hand bag so that I could silent it.

'Get out of my class and come back when you are more composed' Dr. Amadi said as he turned to face the class and continued his lecture.

I walked out and found the phone finally at the side zip. It was JB that was calling.
'Hello' I said

' Honey m, how was ya night? ' he said

' fine, please I'm having lectures. I'll call you back' I said

' No plobrem, just frash me when you finish' He said

'ok' I said as I dropped the call and put my phone on vibration. As I tried to walk back into the class, Dr. Amadi packed his books and announced;
'You would be taking my test next class, let me have my attendance sheet.' then he left.

' test ke? Wetyn I know wey I wan write test' I murmured

2 Likes

Re: Single Lady by Incredibleme: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2013
gurl

u no carry better luck for skul o.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Incredible.me:
gurl

u no carry better luck for skul o.
Na so we see am o
Re: Single Lady by Kslib(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nice story!
**tip toes and sits down**
All izz well!
Re: Single Lady by tochman(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
I had to search for network to follow this story, i guess u know what i mean. Gud thing ur writin is becomin more and more matured by every post..

Guys pls dont tell her what to write or what you want her to write cos it may derail the story, just corrections, advices and encouragements needed. Thanks
Weld on dear, more grease
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Kslib: Nice story!
**tip toes and sits down**
All izz well!
hehehe.. Tank you
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
tochman: I had to search for network to follow this story, i guess u know what i mean. Gud thing ur writin is becomin more and more matured by every post..

Guys pls dont tell her what to write or what you want her to write cos it may derail the story, just corrections, advices and encouragements needed. Thanks
Weld on dear, more grease

awww,tochi m. Tanks dearie
Re: Single Lady by Wesslier(m): 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Shey u don enta "mulano jeep?" e go clear u eyes soon.
As 4 ur story, Wat mur can i say? Carry goo
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wesslier: Shey u don enta "mulano jeep?" e go clear u eyes soon.
As 4 ur story, Wat mur can i say? Carry goo
he offered na, what more Dan to enter d jeepu? Lol
Re: Single Lady by Wesslier(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ruby spice: He wants more Dan to enter d jeepu? Lol
I swear down lolz... Oya dey *dropt* hot na or na til 2morow?
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 4:53am On Sep 18, 2013
Splash da cash...waiting for da nxt update
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
'I have to pass Dr. Amadi's test, I wouldn't have him get under my skin or give him leverage over me' I said to myself

'Hi Jenny, you and your grand entries' Caroline said as she walked out of the lecture hall unto the corridor where I was standing. I smiled then sighed.

'What's up with you? Why the long face? Caroline said

'Babe, I must pass that upcoming test o, but I dnt know how to go about it' I said

'Then you have come the right person, you know I know everything. I can link you with a few 'efficos' that could prep you intime for the test but on one condition..' Caroline said

'Really? What is the condition?' I said

' I would sit beside you on the day of the test. I no get your kind of brain but I no sabi dull myself either.' Caroline said

'Ah ah, is that all? You na my person. Just show me who to meet and that's all.' I said

'ok, I would make arrangements with one of the guys and take you to his lodge in the evening' she said

'ok, now I feel better. I am hungry, let me call JB sef. He said he is capable' I said

'Remember me in your paradise. Can I tag along, I dey hungry too' Caroline said

I laughed and said;
'why not? He said I should Just 'frash' him. I think I should put him on speed dial'

Caroline joined me laughing as we walked off to meet Jb for lunch.

Later that evening, Caroline took me to the guy's lodge. His lodge was in the same village with mine so we just had to walk down. The lodge is named 'peace villa' and its painted red.

As Caroline and I approached the place, we could perceive a strong smell of weed coming from the bushes around us. We couldn't see anyone but could see the smoke coming from the bushes indicating some one was in there smoking.

'Where did you say we are going again?' I said gripping Caroline's hand tightly

'Relax, we are almost there.' Caroline said

We got to the front of the lodge and met guys playing football. They turned their attention from the game and tried embarrassing us with some vulgar jokes. Caroline called the guy to tell him we were infront while I felt awkward just standing there.

Not long after, I had settled down and was being tutored by Emeka. Yea, that was his name. He had sent his roommate on 'exile' knowing he had chicks coming over.

Emeka was really tall like 6ft7, not so built could be called lanky. His hair was afro-like. He looked cute but had 'zero' level of swag. He was one of those guys that wouldn't have clothes if all these brand names do not do promos. He had all the polo shirts( blueband, Nokia, visafone, gino, nutri-c etc). He had somehow acquired them all and wears them monday to friday with one plain trouser that has seen better days.

' I'm bored, I want to go. Emeka can see you off to your lodge when you are done, or can't you? Caroline said

'errmm, ofcourse' Emeka said

'ok, you can go. I'll see you later na' I said
Emeka continue tutoring me for another three hours and I was beginning to get the hang of it.

'its getting late, thank you so far. I appreciate but can we continue this tomorrow?' I said

'ok, let me see you off' Emeka said

Thirty minutes later, I was back at my lodge. Then my phone rang;
'hello' I said

'hello Jenny, sorry I haven't called all this while. How are you?' the caller said

'fine, who am I speaking with please?' I said

'ah ah, dnt you recognise my voice? He said

'I dnt have time for your guessing games, who are you?' I said

'ok, its me. Famous' he said

'mtcheew, what does this broke pikin want now?' I said to myself

'okay? Hi' I said

' we were supposed to hang out remember? Is now a bad time?'

'hmmm, I'm not so sure I can tonight' I said

'please now, you wouldn't regret it. Allow me make it up to you' he said

'I hope not, ok. Where do we meet?' I said

'meet me at 'eaismann' in one hour' he said
'Eaismann is an eatery with a bar attached to the side. It is very close to the school, and its opposite 'pioneer garden'. It has a hall connected to the bar where people could rent out and use as a birthday venue. Sometimes, it could be a make-shift venue for shows.

I dressed casually and carried my 'vex money' ( the amount that could pay for what ever you would order incase your date annoys you.). Incase Famous acts funny, I would pay for my meal and walk out on him.

I got there and met him sitting at a table so I joined him.
' what would you like to eat' he said

' snacks and drinks would be alright' I said

'any specifics' he said

'well, meatpie and any apple drink would do' I Said
He walked to the counter and came back with the order.
' so where were we?' he said as we ate. We talked on for about one hour and thirty minutes. By this time, we had finished eating. Then he said;
'Lets go back to my place'

'why, dnt you like this place?' I said

'ofcourse I do but I want you to know my place and get to know you better. I want to really really know you.' he said

'so because you buy meatpie for me, you don get liver. How else would you know me again?' I said

2 Likes

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
kingphilip: Splash da cash...waiting for da nxt update
ok
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wesslier:
I swear down lolz... Oya dey *dropt* hot na or na til 2morow?
check out the new one.
Re: Single Lady by Sophiatabitha(f): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
''because u buy meatpie for me na im u come get liver''

hehehehehe. Me i rikey that one. Telry am wery. Bt nne u harshin o
Re: Single Lady by ninja4life(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
Lmao nice reply to d broke dude.lol
Re: Single Lady by honeydion(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fascinating story so far.
Re: Single Lady by honeydion(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wao, this is interesting! Jenny belong to group of ladies I called "bad girls" It reminds me of my exprience with those girls. Welldone my sweet author............
Re: Single Lady by 1miccza: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
I dey kampe #Team Delta#
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sophiatabitha: ''because u buy meatpie for me na im u come get liver''

hehehehehe. Me i rikey that one. Telry am wery. Bt nne u harshin o
lol,wetyn we go do na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home / Can Somebody Translate Dis: How Many Years I Take Senior You / Part 1 Sex Between Me & Son (18+ Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.