Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,414 members, 7,954,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Single Lady - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Single Lady (24263 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Lady by MsSpaqs(f): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmm...

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by Chimaritoponcho: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
jenny i can stake my dick that u dint do pd in futo.i did pd in futo and i swear what u are telling us is far from what i expected
why dint u describe ur lecture hall,lecturers,dia courses et al even ur lodge sef we no know the name abi dint u see d way chistar told his in his"complicated love story".
I sincerely hope u prove me wrong... and nice story by the way
Re: Single Lady by chistar01(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: jenny i can stake my dick that u dint do pd in futo.i did pd in futo and i swear what u are telling us is far from what i expected
why dint u describe ur lecture hall,lecturers,dia courses et al even ur lodge sef we no know the name abi dint u see d way chistar told his in his"complicated love story".
hmmmm.. Yea, that's right. Ruby, work on your descriptions just as chima just said, most of us didn't attend futo and we don't know how the lecture halls, lodges, church and even the characters look like, so you should help us to describe the environment, scenes, characters so that we can easily have a clearer image of the whole thing in our heads.

For example - 'rumour had it that prof Iyke was a man in his late fifties but I doubted it because he looked far younger. He was as robust as a Christmas turkey and could never be caught wearing corporate clothing as he was always on different native attires which were so stylish in nature that I even considered dropping all my western clothing(corporate and casuals) and adapt to his mode of dressing'.
Re: Single Lady by yemi2plus(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
chistar01: hmmmm.. Yea, that's right. Ruby, work on your descriptions just as chima just said, most of us didn't attend futo and we don't know how the lecture halls, lodges, church and even the characters look like, so you should help us to describe the environment, scenes, characters so that we can easily have a clearer image of the whole thing in our heads.

For example - 'rumour had it that prof Iyke was a man in his late fifties but I doubted it because he looked far younger. He was as robust as a Christmas turkey and could never be caught wearing corporate clothing as he was always on different native attires which were so stylish in nature that I even considered dropping all my western clothing(corporate and casuals) and adapt to his mode of dressing'.
While doing the above, try to change the names of your characters so as not to put yourself in wahala.
Re: Single Lady by Incredibleme: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmmm... It keeps gettin beta. Want sm more o!
Re: Single Lady by Wesslier(m): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
yemi2plus:
While doing the above, try to change the names of your characters so as not to put yourself in wahala.
oga Yemi u dey fear? U are ryt sha
Re: Single Lady by honeydion(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Am enjoying ds, kip up babe.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
yemi2plus: Hope you will update after church?
awww, am sorie to disappoint buh i had an event today so my schedule was alil too tight. God willing 2mao,i wud.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
honeydion: Am enjoying ds, kip up babe.
thanks hon
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wesslier: D only reason why I believe u are as beautiful as u claim is d BEAUTY of dis work. Khia! Am checkin Oxford and longman 4 an adjective 2 qualify it... Finally i gat a warri writer on NL.
thank you, i think you jx made me blush
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
chistar01: hmmmm.. Yea, that's right. Ruby, work on your descriptions just as chima just said, most of us didn't attend futo and we don't know how the lecture halls, lodges, church and even the characters look like, so you should help us to describe the environment, scenes, characters so that we can easily have a clearer image of the whole thing in our heads.

alrighty, baq to d writting block.. Working on d description immediately. I apologise for d inconviniences so far.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Incredible.me:
Hmmm... It keeps gettin beta. Want sm more o!
thanks for ur support. I appreciate
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:02am On Sep 16, 2013
Its monday morning, normally I hate mondays especially if I've had an exciting weekend. The kind of weekend you wouldn't want to end where there is partying, booze and more booze. That sort of weekend after which you wake up with a hang-over( throbbing pain in the head and everything just seem to piss you off the morning after). Then imagine adding lectures to that feeling. F.U.T.O is built in highly dispersed community- like setting. The lecture halls are so far apart from each other, so there's need to adapt to the intense 'nomadic' way of life to meet up with all your lectures. As a lady, add hang-over to lectures plus lots of treking under the scorching sun wearing heels. Arrghhhh!!!

This particular monday morning was nothing like that. Infact, I woke up feeling elated, I could even afford to dance one of my 'victory- dances' . I had hyper-energy( I think I could have lifted a house or car if I had wanted to that morning). As I prepared for school, I hummed the lyrics of fifteen by Taylor Swift. Deedee kept looking at me like I was going mad or something. I was in a good mood and would't let her spoil it. How often does a 'p-dite'(the predegre students are called that in F.U.T.O) get to make an elderly lecturer in his late fifties speechless? Not so often my dear and I planned to savour every minute of it.

I took extra time applying my makeup and picking out my clothes. Deedee got tired of waiting for me and had to leave. According to her , 'if I wait until you finished, we would get to school just in time as all the lectures are over for the day'. I could careless of what she thought, afterall I knew my way around.

I dressed up, looked at the mirror to see if any last adjustment had to be made. As always, I had outdone myself. I looked like I belonged in pages of glossy magazines. I was 'making brains'.
I stopped a bike going 'inside school'. Deedee's lodge is a little bit far from school. She stays in one of the neighbouring villages near the school called 'Eziobodo'. The village is like one of those under developed places that wouldn't just improve. It had poor drainage system leading to horrible roads. When it rains there, people had to literally swim some parts before they could get to their lodges. Well, Deedee's place wasn't so deep into the village. The lodge was called 'Glo' lodge and I think for emphasis the owner painted it green.

The bike I entered was stopped at the 'old register office' by security men on duty saying they were instructed not to let bikes run in the premises during school hours. The old registry is barely ten minutes walk from Deedee's place . I was so sure the bike man knew this before I entered his bike, he sensed I was probably a novice since every student knew about the law(every one but me). I looked at the bike man scornfully and asked;
'how much?'

'ah ah, the price no dey change na. Na hundred naira' he said

' you well so, or na because I ask you the price you come double am? Na thirty naira I wan even pay you because you no carry me reach where i dey go' I said

When the bike man heard this he got aggressive.

'na me stop for you front or na u stop my bike, you go pay me my money o' he said

'oya no shout na, na fifty naira be the normal price and na wetyn i fit pay' I said as I stretched out my hand to pay him. He dragged the money from my hand and zoomed off raising dust as he left.

'nope, not letting it get to me. I'll not be upset' I said trying to calm myself down.

I walked the remaining distance down to the C.C.E (Centre for Continuing Education) building where my lectures held and lecture hall 2 was were I was supposed to take the lectures. The school park is near the building so I could hear students talking from there as I walked towards it.

It was 8:15 when I got there and the lecture hall was already full in time for the first lecture which was supposed to begin by 8:30. The lecture hall was so occupied that students were sitting on the window ledge. There weren't any louver blades attached to the window frame, just a big open hole in the wall representing the window.

As I started to walk into the class,I felt intense heat from having so many people crammed into the lecture hall that i turned back and stood at the door.
'where did all this people come from? They were not all here last week' I said

' A new list came out during the weekend making a total of two thousand predegree students' one random guy standing close to me said

'really? So we are that many? how many will they admit?' I said

The random guy replied;
I dnt know but am not bordered, my aunt works in the senate building and has promised that I'll get in this year'

'your own beta o' I said

He laughed then said;
'my name is Amos but my friends call me famous'

'I'm Jenny....Jenny Bond I said Jokingly. He laughed harder this time and said;
'you have a good sense of humour, Jenny. Errmm, can I have your number so we could hook up sometime?

2 Likes

Re: Single Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2013
Early morning update, I like it. Back to reading

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:10am On Sep 16, 2013
Wesslier:
oga Yemi u dey fear? U are ryt sha
it would indeed b a coincidence dat d character i created matches some one dat exists- dead or alive.
Re: Single Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2013
Ruby spice:
The village is like one of those villages that wouldn't have developed if a university wasn't situated near by. It had poor drainage system leading to horrible roads. When it rains there, people had to literally swim some parts before they could get to their lodges.
This is Anyigba.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:12am On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus: Early morning update, I like it. Back to reading
lol, ur awake. Its to make up for nt to posting a day b4 so my pple can read wen dey wake in d morning.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:14am On Sep 16, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: jenny i can stake my dick that u dint do pd in futo.i did pd in futo and i swear what u are telling us is far from what i expected
thanks for ur correctn/advice.would work on it. I hope d new update cuts ur standards..
Re: Single Lady by Sophiatabitha(f): 12:16am On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks for the update. Do add more cos its short

#guess am Oliver Twist#
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus:
This is Anyigba.
pls wots Anyigba? I'll jx go ahead and modify dat paragraph. Anyigba doesn't sound like a good tin
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Sophiatabitha: Thanks for the update. Do add more cos its short

#guess am Oliver Twist#
lol, we'll see to it. You also help share d link with your friends. tanks
Re: Single Lady by tbabstobadt(m): 12:31am On Sep 16, 2013
nice piece ...guess u r d 1 "thiefing" yemo n michael away 4rm us
..its worth it tho ....
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2013
tbabstobadt: nice piece ...guess u r d 1 "thiefing" yemo n michael away 4rm us
..its worth it tho ....
lol, thanks buh u sure say i get dat kain power?
Re: Single Lady by Clemzy16(m): 4:33am On Sep 16, 2013
**following** (ghost mode)

1 Like

Re: Single Lady by yemi2plus(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Ruby spice:
pls wots Anyigba? I'll jx go ahead and modify dat paragraph. Anyigba doesn't sound like a good tin
lol. You don't have to edit. Anyigba is the host community of Kogi State University (my school), I'm was only trying to say, you school has somethings in common with mine.
Re: Single Lady by kingphilip(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2013
Nice piece keep it flowing....followed, following, and bookmarked...waiting anxiously 4 nxt update
Re: Single Lady by Chimaritoponcho: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Ruby spice:
thanks for ur correctn/advice.would work on it. I hope d new update cuts ur standards..
yea it surely did..i hope u tel us about the rigours of standing under the sun 2 change tellers into recipt at SLT building,how gud galileo and brainbuster are in tutorials,how Barnax failed people in jamb,how.......make i stp here 1st.
Re: Single Lady by Chimaritoponcho: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Ruby spice:
yea it sure did..i hope u tel us about the rigours of standing under the sun 2 change tellers into recipt at SLT building,how gud galileo and brainbuster are in tutorials,how Barnax failed people in jamb,how.......make i stp here 1st.
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2013
yemi2plus:
lol. You don't have to edit. Anyigba is the host community of Kogi State University (my school), I'm was only trying to say, you school has somethings in common with mine.
lol, the place sounds like 'non- approval' or sumtin. Hahahhahhahahha
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2013
kingphilip: Nice piece keep it flowing....followed, following, and bookmarked...waiting anxiously 4 nxt update
thank you dear. Work in progress..
Re: Single Lady by Rubyspice: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Clemzy16: **following** (ghost mode)
thanks
Re: Single Lady by yemi2plus(m): 10:56am On Sep 16, 2013
Chimaritoponcho:
yea it sure did..i hope u tel us about the rigours of standing under the sun 2 change tellers into recipt at SLT building,how gud galileo and brainbuster are in tutorials,how Barnax failed people in jamb,how.......make i stp here 1st.
she alone knows the storyline. I think it will be better if will allow her add what she want. The things listed above might not be part of the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

As You Make Your Bed, So You Will Lie On Itm / The Deadly Seduction (A Steamy Romance) / The Reunion....(A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.