Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

If I Were President Jonathan Now. . . . . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were President Jonathan Now. . . . . . (455 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If I Were President Jonathan Now. . . . . . by baslone: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
IF I WERE PRESIDENT JONATHAN NOW...

I would immediately summon and preside over an informal but serious meeting with
my wife, Vice President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Head of Service
of the Federation, Chief of Staff, minissters, special advisers, special assistants, ambassadors,
Bamanga Tukur, and Tony Anenih.

I would be seated in an only simple and single chair while everyone else would sit in
a classroom formation in front of me - with my wife, Deziani and Adaeze seated next
to one another and the other invited women seated beside them in the front row of the 'class.'

Without any 'opening prayer' and pleasantries, I would begin the meeting with the following announcements:

1. Labaran, Reuben, Doyin, this meeting is off-press.
2. Bamanga, ignore all those calling for your resignation.
3. Adoke, the anti-corruption agencies must do their work without interference.
4. My dear wife, you will now be only my wife. All your First-Lady projects and programmes will henceforth be handled by Ministry of Women Affairs. You may remain with me in Abuja or go to Yenagoa and fully occupy your permanent secretary office there.
5. Deziani and Adaeze, henceforth, see me only regarding your formal ministerial issues.
6. Also henceforth, no alcohol nor any other intoxicant will cross my lips or nose - not that I ever took any of that, anyway.

I would then deliver the following short address:

Ladies and gentlemen, between now and the PDP presidential primary sometime next
year, I do not want to hear anything about PDP. The mandate we are holding is extra-PDP; it
is a cross-party and even non-party mandate. Therefore, we would be failing the good people
of Nigeria if we allowed our personal and PDP interests to distract us from the all-Nigeria mandate
that we are holding.

We owe good governance to all Nigerians, but some self-interested and self-conceited
individuals want to use PDP to distract and destabilise us. We must not play into the hands
of those persons. Ignore the PDP elders, ignore the the PDP governors, ignore the PDP legislators,
ignore news and rumours of split, ignore reports of formation of other parties by those who
no longer want to remain in the PDP. It is their constitutional and democratic right to do so.

But I want them to regret their attempted blackmail of this administration ... not by fighting
them but by showing to Nigerians that our below-average performance so far has been because
of the persons who have left the party. Though we have barely a year to PDP presidential primary
in respect of a general presidential election that may hold in November 2014, we can achieve
a great deal in terms of public perception, good governance, service-delivery and projects
within a year.

From now on, I don't want to hear that even one kobo of Nigerian taxpayers' money has
been embezzled, misappropriated, misused, misapplied, stolen or spent recklesslessly. I don't
want to hear that any contract has been awarded without following due process, has been
delayed in being awarded or being executed, or has been certified executed below agreed
specifications.

Ministers of Defence, Police Affairs, Justice, Transport, and Petroleum Resources, I
don't want to hear that even a drop of crude oil or a bottle of natural gas has been
stolen or wasted. I want us to maximise national earnings from petroleum deals and taxes; without
wasting a kobo of our revenue to corruption and on usual frivolities such as foreign trips, rallies,
talk-shops and girl/boyfriends, we would have all the money to 'embarrass' even our detractors
with unprecedented infrastructural development and evidence of good governance.

And we may not have to borrow a cent from anyone to deliver on any of these. Yes, you
heard me right. No foreign trips for us for the year; the ambassadors will handle any business
with the foreigners on our behalf or ask the foreigners to come here instead. Whoever will not
comply fully with the letters and spirit of this address should resign at once or will be sacked
without the prevarications of the past. You bet, this is the new me.

Now, go back to your offices and surprise Nigerians. Ministers of Education and Finance, fulfill
all the terms of the 2009 agreement with ASUU and end the ASUU strike before the close of
work tomorrow. Henceforth, let us talk little and let our actions speak for us. Let us see how,
after a whole year of the new us.

Bamanga's rump will not give us ticket and how appreciative Nigerians will not vote for us massively
across party and non-party lines in the general election. Or how, if they want to use threat of impeachment
to distract and destabilise us at any time within the year, the good people of Nigeria will not rally to our
support and protection. They did it before and will do it again with our renewed innocence.

Chinedu Jideofo Ogbuagu
Re: If I Were President Jonathan Now. . . . . . by ofala(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
You are on point my brother. The most potent form of politiking GEJ needs at this time is to move faster in delivering his 2011 before coming for another round of votes

(1) (Reply)

890 Traders Displaced As Enugu Demolishes Old Park Market / Governors Say Police Action Against Amaechi Is “a Threat To Democracy” / Kaduna Speaker Have Been Impeach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.