Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment (29051 Views)

Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander / Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments / Jonathan's Camp Allegedly Splits Over Anti-Buhari Lawsuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by gratiaeo(m): 11:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Soldier slap Officer? END TIME TINZ
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 13, 2013
it is better to beat a commander then to be ambush by BH
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by point5: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Slap me half,I slap u 1, beat me 1s n I beat u 2wiz,,na 2 fightin na,,so wetin consin civilians 4 soldierz dem fight..abeg no disturb me,,am enjoyin my 'DEAR MAMA' by 2pac

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by gratiaeo(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Nuzo':
Mr Obono, on top say you no wan make this randy soldiers go rest, you still had the guts to slap an Hausa Major?

All should be court martialled at once! angry
Mr Obono has no hand in their deployment. He only teach them a few reason i.e to be law abiding. You no de slap your junior ones?
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by MrAboki: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Fadelex:

the colonel should first be punished, the boys on retaliate to his unethical action.. have u ever been to a death zone b4? coming back then you're being redeployed... it's terrible

The redeployment is not the problem..

Them dey vex for allowee.. Them wan chop the allowee now wey dem still dey alive before dem go go die for war, then another person go chop am..
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Greenslim: 11:29am On Sep 13, 2013
ok
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by gratiaeo(m): 11:30am On Sep 13, 2013
Businesstools: The Colonel should also face Court Martial. Why shoud he slap a colleague? Is he his slave?
The colonel will go free, he would have been court martial had it be that those randy soldiers did not slap him back
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by DaLover(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2013
The headline says "beating over anti book haram deployment", but it seams the incident happened over issues relating to treatment of the junior personnel, like allowances, leave entitlements etc...

I wonder what the press gain from sensationalizing and misdirecting public opinion. Very shamefull
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Anakin007(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Body no be firewood.!

AND DEM NO BE ROBOT.quotin olamide grin
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by tochman(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2013
vladimiros: even soldiers no that its END TIME for army TINZ

lol.... Guy, na wa for u o
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by gratiaeo(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2013
Ah!!! Wetin concern man with woman dressing?
See as we de drink paradol for another mans headache

ASUU STRIKE UPDATE
ASUU Strike: Mark,
Suswam Seek Babalawo power (Spiritual) intervention
https://www.nairaland.com/1432218/ASUU-strike-mark-suswam-seek
Students threaten to shut
private varsities over ASUU
strike
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/students-threaten-to-shut-private-varsities-over-ASUU-strike/

Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by veraluv(m): 11:54am On Sep 13, 2013
This is not fair.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by killuminati(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
The strong will eat the weak!
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by 3ace(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Army, police, Navy e.t.c take the issue of respect seriously. That's where you will hear something like "obey before complain". But honestly, as a good leader, you should be able to read the body languages of your subordinates and take their wellbeing seriously. Treat them well, let them know that you feel what they are feeling, let them know that you don't see them as animals, exchange pleasantries with them. All these do not mean you have lost authority as a leader but that you know how to manage people and they will always sing your praises. This is the strategy of one leader I know and it works for him.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Court martial all of them for insubordination and jail them. angry
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by slimfit1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
The next coup will be bloody in Nigeria Jonathan get ready the soldiers are not happy.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by PStacks(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
Omo, what is Nigeria turning into?

No discipline in the Military again ooo!

What has happened to "Obey the last order"
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Hearme(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Boss13: I don't believe this story. A colonel haba now. Those affected soldiers may be dismissed

You don't know about military traditions yet you don't believe. If its true, the officer will most likely be retired or made to lose seniority and posted out. Its a case of physical assault in which the subordinate can respond back appropriately. As long as it is not a training institution like Depot, NMS and NDA.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by jamst(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by AnanseK(m): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
point5: Slap me half,I slap u 1, beat me 1s n I beat u 2wiz,,na 2 fightin na,,so wetin consin civilians 4 soldierz dem fight..abeg no disturb me,,am enjoyin my 'DEAR MAMA' by 2pac

You should worry even your soldiers have no discipline.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Pennywise(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
The Colonel is lucky he didnt get shot.

The rank and file deserve to be treated with a little more respect. This appears to be a case of an officer stealing from soldiers, then physically assaulting them! The claims of non payment of benefits should be investigated promptly. Or did the officer(s) willfully choose to post these soldiers to high risk areas in the hope that some of them might not return to demand claims/benefits?

Having said that, the regimental nature of military service does not and cannot tolerate this kind of behaviour by soldiers. The soldier who instigated the 'mutiny' should be identified and summarily dismissed. Others who participated depending on their degree of involvement should be considered for demotion. Yet others who were witnesses but did nothing to stop the ugly incident should similarly be punished.

It was a sad day for the army. Yet if managed correctly can lead to a lot of potential benefit.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
slim fit :
The next coup will be bloody in Nigeria Jonathan get ready the soldiers are not happy.
Na your papa them go first kill, as the coup must be initiated by your mama and you im first born. Bloody Vampire.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by ckkris: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
dark_roman: [b][/b] In the Army such case will be resolved without courtmarshal... I will only say dat m sorry to my fellow Boys who beat Up thier commander..... Cus dey will smell hell with thier body....nd as for Commander he will go scott free.... LONG LIVE NIGERIA LONG LIVE THE ARMY.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Valo29: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
An officer in the nigerian army is not supposed to raise his/her hand against another personnel irrespesctive of rank.the implication is that he/she has dropped the rank and test the other soldier as a human being (man to man or two fighting).the colonel should have sent the soldier to the guardroom(detention) which is the right thing to do before any other action.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by Kevsman(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
THEM FOR BREAK THE COLONRL HEAD na
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by ckkris: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
naptu2: Reminds me of General George Patton.
The fighting general.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by naptu2: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
ckkris: The fighting general.

He slapped two soldiers at field hospitals because they were shell shocked.
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by paparazzi1987(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sery777: but the colonel didnt try atall,he shoulda allowed dis guys to go on the 2 wks leave b4 deploying dem to BORNO of all places.they are human and should be treated as such.

ABI BODY DON BECOME FIREWOOD?

He wan show himsef na, dey come show am grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by josite: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
d colonel could be forgiven for his indiscretion in slapping a sub but all the junior soldiers will be dismissed.mark it and follow it up.what if Obama d commander in chief got angry and slapped the chief of army staff.the response will be to hit Obama back with a punch and he and Obama will be seen as 2 fighting,abi?
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by adelegan1: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
josite: d colonel could be forgiven for his indiscretion in slapping a sub but all the junior soldiers will be dismissed.mark it and follow it up.what if Obama d commander in chief got angry and slapped the chief of army staff.the response will be to hit Obama back with a punch and he and Obama will be seen as 2 fighting,abi?

You just answer your question. Obama can't do that and if does he will be sue for assault, but if the guy punch back it will be 2 fighting
Re: Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment by nijanigga: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
yuzedo: No be today dem dey deploy boys wey just come from overseas mission go enter another mission for north as soon as they land for naija.

My army guys wey just come back from Darfur got deployed to the north immediately, we never even order suya finish dem don dey prepare for another deployment. Not a good practice at all, you get few days off after spending months and months in very scary peace-keeping missions. See strong men with good military experience dey recount fear of Darfur and arabs; small tin for there, dem go use AK tear ur mouth.

At least foreign missions are better cos they get paid allowance in dollars and there is less chance of their superiors pocketing their money. Beating up superior? Obviously he is a very bad and villainous officer who doesn't have the respect of his subs. Him cup don full tey tey and he slipped up by initiating violence against a sub. #Fail
Obviously, you lacked comprehension abilities, the news said says, the returning soldiers from Mali demanded their allowances, and in Nigerian tradition, senior officers usually try to circumvent junior officer's allowance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole / #internationaldayofhappiness: These Are The 10 Happiest Countries In The World / FG Slams N50bn Fine On Anambra For Defacing Land In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.