Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? (1018 Views)

Infinix NOTE 2 Introduced Into Nigerian Market By Infinix Mobility / 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone / Perfect Guide In Buying Android Phone That Will Best Suit You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Emrich(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have found that most Nigerians would starve just to save enough money to buy a new phone, once a new one is launched, even when they have not used the one they last bought for six months.

Why must you sell your last year's flagship (the latest and perhaps, the most expensive) for this year's?

Your contributions could save a lot of lost Nigerians and fatten our wallets.
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by LordReed(m): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Why do people persist in making general human problems into an exclusive Nigerian one? Which country doesn't have people trading in old models for new ones? Be it cars, clothes, phones or even people, the newer model always appeals. As long as human beings pride themselves in their individuality we will always have this desire to have the newer model because it seems to call more to our individual tastes. This is not Nigerian, it is human.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by OCTAVO: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
OP, don't Nigerialise this issue. It's a general disease. Human beings are insatiable. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Francheezy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
If we don't buy them,

Who will
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Emrich(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
Typical of Nigerians to focus on a part of something and forget the whole. Since I have said Nigeria already, can't you forget the world and deal with the place you truely know, Nigeria, the place this thread wants to focus on?

Next thing now you will the entire purpose of this thread and turn it into another thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Emrich: Typical of Nigerians to focus on a part of something and forget the whole. Since I have said Nigeria already, can't you forget the world and deal with the place you truely know, Nigeria, the place this thread wants to focus on?

Next thing now you will the entire purpose of this thread and turn it into another thing.

This is an international, public space... just take correction. Though you might be leaving in Nigeria, but you can easily do a little research about this aspect that makes us all human, instead of simply dressing it up as a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Its not difficult to understnd, ever heard of change being inevitable. No one wnts to be with an old device 4 a long time while newer ones re hitting the shelves. Remember, we re in the jet age
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Infoman51: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2013
For me, i just need to be content for whatever i got so as not to overburden myself to always meet up to new updated materials. So far my old material serve my basic needs d new updated material will be under my alternative forgone.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2013
Emrich: Typical of Nigerians to focus on a part of something and forget the whole. Since I have said Nigeria already, can't you forget the world and deal with the place you truely know, Nigeria, the place this thread wants to focus on?

Typical of people like you to ignore valid points and shove their bull heads forward.
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by calabaman(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2013
@op: in that case why aren't you using a nokia 3310 or a nokia 3650 then?
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by 2kurupt(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013

OP you sound like one who has a low self esteem simply because you're a Nigerian
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by bodee(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2013
OCTAVO: OP, don't Nigerialise this issue. It's a general disease. Human beings are insatiable. cheesy
@ Octavo, just a personal question, I would be getting my first android phone today,Pls between gionee p2 and tecno M3, which do you think is better? Thanks
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by OCTAVO: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2013
bodee:
@ Octavo, just a personal question, I would be getting my first android phone today,Pls between gionee p2 and tecno M3, which do you think is better? Thanks
Gionee P2.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Emrich(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2013
mazado: .

This is an international, public space... just take correction. Though you might be leaving in Nigeria, but you can easily do a little research about this aspect that makes us all human, instead of simply dressing it up as a Nigerian.

You're right, I live in Nigeria and that's why I am more interested in Nigeria and not every other countries of the world. So maybe this thread is for Nigerians, unless you're telling me that I have no right to pick a global issue and address it as it affects me and my country.
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Emrich(m): 11:16am On Sep 14, 2013
2kurupt:

OP you sound like one who has a low self esteem simply because you're a Nigerian
I don't think you understood what I wrote, else you'd have known it had nothing to do with that.
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Emrich(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Typical of people like you to ignore valid points and shove their bull heads forward.
I wouldn't ignore your point if you had constructed it in a way to reflect the purpose of this thread. Sorry if you feel slighted.
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by LordReed(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2013
Emrich:
I wouldn't ignore your point if you had constructed it in a way to reflect the purpose of this thread. Sorry if you feel slighted.

I don't feel slighted, I feel disgusted (I generally feel disgust for such things so its not personal). I believe my answer addressed your question while trying to realign your focus. We are all humans and express human drives ( which are not uniquely Nigerian). If you are seeking a solution to why people buy newer models then you cannot focus on Nigeria because we are not in isolation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Okaka27(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
pls help ! help! Anytime i'm browsin on my android phone, if i multi task and returnin to d browser, the browser restarts instead of just resumin clearin even d history.it happens again and again

someone pls help me...wat seems to b d problem?
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by physise(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Okaka27: pls help ! help! Anytime i'm browsin on my android phone, if i multi task and returnin to d browser, the browser restarts instead of just resumin clearin even d history.it happens again and again

someone pls help me...wat seems to b d problem?
low ram
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Youngpo413: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
The same reason you are not with your first girlfriend,lol
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Okaka27(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
512mb ram is too low for multi tasking?
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
cos Every new phone is directly propotional to spending our money on as long as CHANGE REMAIN CONSTANT
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by danchuzzy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
Okaka27: 512mb ram is too low for multi tasking?
Ya... Single core 1.0GHz is low self... Except you have 4.0 OS or higher which is rare!
Re: Why Do We Buy Every New Phone That Is Introduced Into The Market? by Okaka27(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
thankz @danchuzzy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice On Android Phone To Buy / Help Help!!!!!!!!! / What To Do With A Condemned Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.