Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. (19604 Views)

How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp / A Corper's Tennis Shoes In Camp (funny Picture) / A Corper Needs Assistance To Publish His CDS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
''My people perish because of lack of knowledge'' is a popular saying which should not be taking for granted when preparing for NYSC orientation camp. The problem most prospective corp member experience is lack of wise experienced corp member to give good advice on what to expect in camp.
Please corp member and ex-corp member, could you kindly advise prospective corp member on the basic things to take to camp and few things to expect in camp.
Thanks and please dont leave without commenting.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Most of the tins u need can b gotten @ d camp market (maami) buh incase u need 2 get it 4rm home cos prices are usually higher dere. Note the following:
1. @least 3 white round neck tops
2. 3 white shorts
3. a pair of white tennis
4. a waist bag
(Numba 1-3 tho would b given 2 u @ d.
camp buh trust me u may nt lyk it).
5. a tourch light
6. Mosquitoe net and a blanket
7. Cooler, cup and spoon
8. Buckets
9. Underwears and towel
10.Bedsheet(s)

Also note dat u shuld make @least 12 photocopies of the ff documents: statement of result from your institution, call up letter, your school
I.D card. Also take along wit u lyk 12 passport.
U don't rilly need mofti cos u won't b allowed 2 wear it except on sundays ( and dat depends on d camp) u culd just take lyk 2 along sha,Wuld keep u posted if I remenber any oda tin cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 8:38am On Sep 14, 2013
^^ i guess that should be a pair of white tennis shoe?
Anyway is transcript compusory?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Thanks alot...
More comments needed..
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
U don't need ur transcript buh d statement of result 4rm ur sch and ur ID card is compulsory. Of cuz don't also 4get ur call up letter, dat wil b checked 1st @ d gate. Make photocopies of dem o
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ruffneck(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Call off letter??
Havnt heard of that....
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
ruffneck: Call off letter??
Havnt heard of that....

Srry dat was a mistake "call up letter". Lolzz ur a wicked guy hahaha. Thnks anyway
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 9:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
@digitalgeory check my post, it has been modified
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 6:05am On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks alot for your comments,I appreciate.
1 more thing...
Is thr any ATM at the camp or shd I go thr with all that nids to the spend??
And how much will u suggest i go wit?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ruffneck(m): 8:11am On Sep 15, 2013
dayo adegbite:

Srry dat was a mistake "call up letter". Lolzz ur a wicked guy hahaha. Thnks anyway
Haahahaha!
U r not jst cool,humble and easy going....
U r also VERY beautiful!!
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2013
digitalgeorgy: Thanks alot for your comments,I appreciate.
1 more thing...
Is thr any ATM at the camp or shd I go thr with all that nids to the spend??
And how much will u suggest i go wit?

Most camps don't av atm and if u wanna go out of camp so many protocols 2 dat effect e.g writtin letter but if u av ur way wit d soidiers u can. So it's beta u go wit enuf cash lyk 20k shuld b enuf 4 an average guy
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 11:09am On Sep 15, 2013
@ruffneck thanks.. cheesy
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
dayo adegbite:

Most camps don't av atm and if u wanna go out of camp so many protocols 2 dat effect e.g writtin letter but if u av ur way wit d soidiers u can. So it's beta u go wit enuf cash lyk 20k shuld b enuf 4 an average guy
thanks for your help, i truely appreciate. Let me use this opportunity to agree with ruffneck dat if the picture i saw in ur profil is your pix, then u r nt jst cool and cute, you also look like someone who will be fun to be. Thank you 1 small, i'll come back for more tips when i remember them.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by bardklectic: 1:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Truly a traveller's companion. And not only are you a traveller, you are also a sojourner not knowing what to expect at your destination. One thing you can expect when you do leave orientation camp is a high probability of "poor sleeping arrangements" when you arrive at your PPA. This easy to use pneumatic bed can be deflated and inflated when ever you want. Doesn't sag like regular mattresses, is portable and most of all...is affordable. Comes in either the single or double bed varieties and with each you have the option of either an electric or manual pump. An inflatable pillow also comes with the package. Get one today because its comfort, everywhere you go!

If you are interested in this product (of which i'm sure YOU WILL), please call:
TJAY - 08062535345
E-FACE - 08034870267

Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ravensckar(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
20k? on top wetin? nd 2ndly plz,my own skul I.D has expired snce Dec last u'r, wat do I do?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ruffneck(m): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
bardklectic: Truly a traveller's companion. And not only are you a traveller, you are also a sojourner not knowing what to expect at your destination. One thing you can expect when you do leave orientation camp is a high probability of "poor sleeping arrangements" when you arrive at your PPA. This easy to use pneumatic bed can be deflated and inflated when ever you want. Doesn't sag like regular mattresses, is portable and most of all...is affordable. Comes in either the single or double bed varieties and with each you have the option of either an electric or manual pump. An inflatable pillow also comes with the package. Get one today because its comfort, everywhere you go!

If you are interested in this product (of which i'm sure YOU WILL), please call:
TJAY - 08062535345
E-FACE - 08034870267
How much
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
ravensckar: 20k? on top wetin? nd 2ndly plz,my own skul I.D has expired snce Dec last u'r, wat do I do?

It depends on u, if u fit manage 15k sha buh u knw ur even a guy sef, u fit wan spoil some kind babes 4 maami market *winks* some peeps even spent up to 60k thou dat may b extravagant 2 others buh mayb dey av much. Just get sth ur gonna b comfortable wit and according 2 ur capability, mayb 15k to 20k buh anytin less than 15 may nt b gud oo cos lots of tins 2 buy @maami. As regards ur school ID card it doesn't mean, all dey wanna see is dat u were truly a student of dat school.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2013
^^^ you see one thing about ladies, even when they know we are all huzzling, they'll stil be making demands.
Dayo, hope u didnt turn a mugu out of a man in ur camp? And whr did you serve?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2013
grin Haha...it's nt our fault nw some guys are singing: "chop my money, chop my money..I don't care" buh criously as 4 me if a guy don't av I can't xpect him 2 lavish d li2 he has cos av got a bro 2 and I undastand hw it is..
Even @ dat oo, I went 2 camp wit 20k buh I didn't spend more dan 12k and I rilly enjoyed myself, u knw hw d tin dey go nw *winks*
I'm servin in ogun state ''batch C 2012''
Am gud 2 go, passin out tins next month

digitalgeorgy: ^^^ you see one thing about ladies, even when they know we are all huzzling, they'll stil be making demands.
Dayo, hope u didnt turn a mugu out of a man in ur camp? And whr did you serve?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by tojahh(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2013
As for your school ID card, it isn't really important buh don't even think of forgetting your Call up letter, and one important thing, DON'T LAMINATE YOUR STATEMENT OF RESULT yet because it will need to be verified under mercury light to authenticate its genuineness. Buy robber tennis shoe its preferable, take up to 25k if you are not a girl because you must fall mugu if not for Mami, then you must pay for picture*winks*. But there's always a way you can use ATM either make friend with Sodia or those pipo selling food/articles at Mami cos they have access to go in and out of Camp as they pleases. Always be careful and vigilant with your stuff ( even if you like buy marker write ur name and ur papa name sef, even ur LG of Origin and una king name sef) they might still steal it. If i remember more i go fall back buh for now make i go teach, my class na 9am. Ciao

1 Like

Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Lols..nice 1 tojahh buh in my camp skul ID card was compulsory esp when u wanna collect alawee and bycyle alawance so I advise dey go wit their ID card 2 b on d safe side. In my own case I had misplaced my own so I got a letter 4rm my skul "to whom it my concern" cos we were even told dat it's important
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ravensckar(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2013
temmie013: It depends on u, if u fit manage 15k sha buh u knw ur even a guy sef, u fit wan spoil some kind babes 4 maami market *winks* some peeps even spent up to 60k thou dat may b extravagant 2 others buh mayb dey av much. Just get sth ur gonna b comfortable wit and according 2 ur capability, mayb 15k to 20k buh anytin less than 15 may nt b gud oo cos lots of tins 2 buy @maami. As regards ur school ID card it doesn't mean, all dey wanna see is dat u were truly a student of dat school.
Tnks a lot Sistr, U'r da bomb.... wait a min, U said somtin lyk wearing mufti only on Sundays in som camps, is thr any 'yeye' parade or activity on Saturdays? nd also, plz wen does d day's activity stop?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2013
ravensckar: Tnks a lot Sistr, U'r da bomb.... wait a min, U said somtin lyk wearing mufti only on Sundays in som camps, is thr any 'yeye' parade or activity on Saturdays? nd also, plz wen does d day's activity stop?

Yea dere's usually parade on saturdays buh only in d morning (offically) buh I can't tell oo cos those sojas are rilly terrible bringin diff ish lyk " ALL OF U START JUMPIN/RUNNING 2 D PARADE GRND" mayb cos sum1 stole sth or sth terrible @ d camp and dey end up disturbin ur rest when u least expect. All camp activities officially ends by 6, Nigeria goes 2 sleep so dey say *smiles* this is always d most interesting part of campgrin esp @ nite: hanging out @ mami or oda places, organising parties and u knw hw sweet it always feel esp when it's wit sum1 ur feeling or avin a crush on... always kul and fun!
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ravensckar(m): 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
dayo adegbite:

Yea dere's usually parade on saturdays buh only in d morning (offically) buh I can't tell oo cos those sojas are rilly terrible bringin diff ish lyk " ALL OF U START JUMPIN/RUNNING 2 D PARADE GRND" mayb cos sum1 stole sth or sth terrible @ d camp and dey end up disturbin ur rest when u least expect. All camp activities officially ends by 6, Nigeria goes 2 sleep so dey say *smiles* this is always d most interesting part of campgrin esp @ nite: hanging out @ mami or oda places, organising parties and u knw hw sweet it always feel esp when it's wit sum1 ur feeling or avin a crush on... always kul and fun!
Hmmmmnnnnnn! mouth-waterin news I guess. though am nt d party-freak type,bt if thr's somtin ain't gona miss on;it's avin fun while d tym lasts. bt plz, som1 said dt 3wks orientation is d joy of service. how true? does it mean dt d rest lyf in ur PPA no go sweet?
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
ravensckar: Hmmmmnnnnnn! mouth-waterin news I guess. though am nt d party-freak type,bt if thr's somtin ain't gona miss on;it's avin fun while d tym lasts. bt plz, som1 said dt 3wks orientation is d joy of service. how true? does it mean dt d rest lyf in ur PPA no go sweet?

Yea "3weeks of life" most exciting moment of the service year buh d ppa tin depends on whr u are eventually posted 2 e.g if it's a rural area u might just b working all day and no good places 2 socialize and worst if ur gonna corp members aren't d lovely type. In my own case my ppa isn't fun (less developed) but d corpers make it an enjoyable 1. We organise trips outside the state of service (tho against d nysc rule), asin we dey break protocols gan oo, we also hang outs sometimes @nite, organise passing out parties 4 d outgoin batches and also 2 d pool. My peeps are rilly social so I wil say I had a nice time in camp and infact my entire service year tho there were boring moments 2.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by ravensckar(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
dayo adegbite:

Yea "3weeks of life" most exciting moment of the service year buh d ppa tin depends on whr u are eventually posted 2 e.g if it's a rural area u might just b working all day and no good places 2 socialize and worst if ur gonna corp members aren't d lovely type. In my own case my ppa isn't fun (less developed) but d corpers make it an enjoyable 1. We organise trips outside the state of service (tho against d nysc rule), asin we dey break protocols gan oo, we also hang outs sometimes @nite, organise passing out parties 4 d outgoin batches and also 2 d pool. My peeps are rilly social so I wil say I had a nice time in camp and infact my entire service year tho there were boring moments 2.
Tnx a whole lot Sistr! Heavens shal reward u bountifully. Wld av conti quizzin u abt NYSC, bt d moment of reckoning isn't quite far again. wen my name eventually show on 23rd,den am gona need u mor dan ever. until den,lemme conti testing d microfone... bt wait o,ds username of urs is it ur real name? so dt I can add u on facebook.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
ravensckar: Tnx a whole lot Sistr! Heavens shal reward u bountifully. Wld av conti quizzin u abt NYSC, bt d moment of reckoning isn't quite far again. wen my name eventually show on 23rd,den am gona need u mor dan ever. until den,lemme conti testing d microfone... bt wait o,ds username of urs is it ur real name? so dt I can add u on facebook.
No p do av a nice time and lovely service year. It's my real name and I've been tryin 2 change it cos it seems every1 here uses a nickname.
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by digitalgeorgy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
ravensckar: Tnx a whole lot Sistr! Heavens shal reward u bountifully. Wld av conti quizzin u abt NYSC, bt d moment of reckoning isn't quite far again. wen my name eventually show on 23rd,den am gona need u mor dan ever. until den,lemme conti testing d microfone... bt wait o,ds username of urs is it ur real name? so dt I can add u on facebook.
guy!! Calm down ooo, no toast my nairaland babe ooo. I dey vex quick quick... dayo!! Hw is dami?

2 Likes

Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
@Dayoadegbite please what hairstyle is advisable for a lady to plait/fix to camp? Braid, weavon etc? And those soldiers do they complain about ladies painted nails? Lol cheesy please i need to know what is advisable generally for we ladies when going to camp so that we wont be found wanting. Thankssmiley
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
pls dayo..i wl lyk u to write abt d various grps in camp..nd how they functn..u may also suggest a grp to/for a persn dat wldnt lyk doing d parade tin
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
@digitageory shocked do u knw me personally cos dat name u called am rilly surprise bout it..
Re: Basic Things A Prospective Corper Needs In Camp. by temmie013(f): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
WinnieDPooh: @Dayoadegbite please what hairstyle is advisable for a lady to plait/fix to camp? Braid, weavon etc? And those soldiers do they complain about ladies painted nails? Lol cheesy please i need to know what is advisable generally for we ladies when going to camp so that we wont be found wanting. Thankssmiley

U can make any hairstyle dat suites u buh most pple go 4 braids so dey can easily pack it, u knw d sun gets rilly hot these days and standing in dat parade grnd 4 dat long unda d sun can b so frustratin. You can fix nails and any oda tin, no one harrases u 4 dat d only surprising tin is u may nt b allowed 2 wear big earrings cos dey feel when u are on ur kaaki u shuldn't b on much adornment including loud makeup buh all those ones na wash jare and camp differs 2..
in a nutshell just b urself in terms of fashion cos some camps aren't dat strict buh 4 d nails no one can harrass u @ all buh less I 4get if ur gonna b actively participating in some activities lyk volley ball no one wil tell u b4 u remove those nails grin lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys / Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here / NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.