Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

World Bank Team In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Team In Nigeria (2165 Views)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / President Buhari's Media Team In A Group Selfie (photos) / Buhari Welcomes Commonwealth Election Monitoring Team In His Abuja Office.photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Team In Nigeria by bluehorizo(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2008
A three-man team of the World Bank has arrived Nigeria to monitor how the $46.6 million approved for the development of the aviation industry in the country will be utilised.

The leader of the World Bank team, Mr. Pierre Pozzo Di Borgo, disclosed that the approved fund would be shared between the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), the Nigerian Airspace Management Authority (NAMA) and the Aviation College in Zaria.

He said FAAN would receive over $14 million of the funds and will use it to buy fire tenders and safety screening machines for Nigeria airports.

Borgo further disclosed that the money would be used to develop the aviation industry in the country.

Other members of the team include Rafael Treibich, an intern at the World Bank and Regina Nesiawe, a Nigerian.

The team is to spend two days in the country during which they will visit facilities at the airport in Lagos State.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/06/19/world-bank-team-in-nigeria
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2008
What does goverment that runs a place like this needs millions of dollars for?World bank is just part of the fraud,ordinary people are still going to suffer for the payment of this loans with never ending interest that is definitly going to be channelled into the pockets of goverment officials and their cohorts.

http://.com/wpg2?g2_itemid=391

Nigeria is sick.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by superman(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2008
wrong!! nigeria isnt sick !! the rpoblem is its always being manned by aso political monkies fact!!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by bilymuse: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2008
they are wasting their time, 70% of the money will end in private pocket , as usual.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by landis(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2008
redsun:

What does goverment that runs a place like this needs millions of dollars for?World bank is just part of the fraud,ordinary people are still going to suffer for the payment of this loans with never ending interest that is definitly going to be channelled into the pockets of goverment officials and their cohorts.

http://.com/wpg2?g2_itemid=391

Nigeria is sick.

well said. You know someone is not reliable but you keep borrowing money to this person. That's criminal.
grin cheesy grin
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2008
we should be withdrawing some of our reserves for such things rather than incurring more debt with all the associated interests and baggages
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2008
Yet these same would have been up in arms if the World bank had said it would not grant Nigeria the loans requested as Nigeria does qualify for loans from the Bank. Interesting how many Nigerians continue to try to apply a double-Standard when analyzing situations that require logic/reason?? is it the job of the World bank to handle a countries credit responsibilities?? Is the World bank in a plan to decide, what country should get a loan and what country should not, not based on the countries credit worthiness but on how the world bank "assumes" the money would be spent?? If the world bank were to deal this way with Nigeria, how many of you would not scream " WESTERN CONSPIRACY" in a heartbeat?? Baffling!!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by landis(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2008
Yet these same would have been up in arms if the World bank had said it would not grant Nigeria the loans requested as Nigeria does qualify for loans from the Bank.

that's unfounded talk.

Nobody cried when WEST said they wont cancel ALL Nigeria's debt since it has means to pay it back.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2008
What I said was that we should use our own funds that are in reserve. World Bank doesn't give a hoot about Nigeria as long as it can make profits by giving loans to Nigeria and i wont blame World Bank for that. i blame the idiots we call leaders
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2008
dudu-bobo:

What I said was that we should use our own funds that are in reserve. World Bank doesn't give a hoot about Nigeria as long as it can make profits by giving loans to Nigeria and i wont blame World Bank for that. i blame the idiots we call leaders

Is the world bank Nigeria's Nanny?? WHY SHOULD IT GIVE A HOOT Why even make such a statement as the one you made since we know it is not even part of what the World bank is set up for?? Isn't that there a Problem that anyone would even try to think the World Bank should or should not
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Blatant: 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2008
Probelm here is with the Nigerian people and leaders. What exactly are these funds REALLY required for?
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2008
The world bank is a dragon,they will eat you alife if you give them the slightest chance.They are part of the reptilians under ground system,imf and co,they don't give a mess about you but their money,that is their grip on the sleeping world,financial control.Check out the list of the countries tightly in their fangs,down trodden,even british public to some extent is under their spell,it is a world wide web by the illuminaties,not the people.

Money belongs to nobody but to those that spin it,it is nothing but paper,the real money is resources,brain and all the natural endowment.Imagine somebody like Bill Gate,a geek,how he made his money by believing and creating some thing new,from the blue,phenomenon,living example.

Go for it,if you want it,it is all yours.I just can't think of what made a typical black leader.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
The visit won't stop the embezzlement of the fund only, if the people involved are only ready to have a change of attitude this time which I doubt. We have not even finished the celebrations of being freed from foreign debts by the last administration before we are dragged into another. Only God knows when we will be able to pay this back.

As for the World Bank being part of our problems, I think we give them the green light
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
abdurrazaq:

The visit won't stop the embezzlement of the fund only, if the people involved are only ready to have a change of attitude this time which I doubt. We have not even finished the celebrations of being freed from foreign debts by the last administration before we are dragged into another. Only God knows when we will be able to pay this back.

As for the World Bank being part of our problems, I think we give them the green light

World bank is a business. It is not the world bank's fault that we continue to make stupid decisions in Nigeria. That is up to Nigeria and Nigeria alone.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:00am On Jun 22, 2008
Junkie,i bet you an american spy,brainwashed.you can't see any thing bad in this monsters,think about all the carribean world grounded by world bank and imf draconian policies aswell as the blackman syndrome.Nigeria doesn't need eternal money,we've got enough.Trillions of dollars from oil wndfall since the invasion of iraq

Pay attention to the saudi confrence that is about to kick off,talking money made from oil,
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jun 22, 2008
redsun:

Junkie,i bet you an american spy,you can't see any thing bad in this monsters,think about all the carribean world grounded by world bank and imf draconian policies aswell as the blackman syndrome.Nigeria doesn't need eternal money,we've got enough.Trillions of dollars from oil wndfall since the invasion of iraq

Pay attention to the saudi confrence that is about to kick off,talking money made from oil,

What has all this jargon you posted here to do with 1) My posts 2) The topic??
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:08am On Jun 22, 2008
You are just a mere traitor,read your words.Probably one of those people that never thought will be in america.Be yourself.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:12am On Jun 22, 2008
redsun:

You are just a mere traitor,read your words.Probably one of those people that never thought will be in america.Be yourself.

Again,  what has your posts to do with answering the original message, or even responding in any way remotely sane to my own posts??

You can continue to attack my person if that is the way you feed your ego and your self esteem but I am sorry if your ego is so fragile that you have to resort to insulting persons who ask you simple questions, or do not see the world according through filters coated with your particular delusions and ideals. I really am sorry but I can not help you.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:24am On Jun 22, 2008
This is not the first time,you know for sure,judging from glaring legacy that world bank loans due to their draconian policies are always detrimental to countries they are given to,in a case of nigeria,it is like leaving fresh dried fish in care of rats,they know and you know that,why should anybody in his or her right mind think is the right thing to do on either side?
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2008
redsun:

This is not the first time,you know for sure,judging from glaring legacy that world bank loans due to their draconian policies are always detrimental to countries they are given to,in a case of nigeria,it is like leaving fresh dried fish in care of rats,they know and you know that,why should anybody in his or her right mind think is the right thing to do on either side?

You people are full of crap!!! World Bank is a bank, not your watch man or nanny!!. You know from the start of the so-called DRACONIAN policies and yet you continue to sign up for more loans and then come back to BLAME THE BANK when the policies are imposed?? UGH!!! No one is forcing the money down nigeria's throat, not now or ever. Nigeria chooses of it's own to go get the money, even with billions it has in reserves. I don't understand how anyone can blame the world bank for Nigeria wanting to go through the lengthy process of getting a loan from the world bank when it has billions in it's own reserves. These loans take months to go through and if you can not figure that your Nigerian leaders can within that frame of time have realized it may be a bad idea to get the loan anyway, then I am sorry, I can not help you. I really can't. If you want to continue blaming the world bank for the stupidity of your own?? continue and more grease to your elbow.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2008
In as mush as you are factual,you have to be factual on both sides,no,whiteman is always right,some times they make this people offers hhey can't refuse and they instigate it.

As a world bank they should be following the trend of nigerian windfall since the beginning of iraq war,why in the world will they want to give a country that is swimming in money more money if not for their own selfish greed? forgetting that as always, the common man suffers.What in the world happen to human ethics in the name of capitalism?
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 7:04am On Jun 22, 2008
Western goverments including britain are presently in saudi to beg for part of the oil windfall to be invested in west.Saudi is not way too far from us,but  reverse is the case of nigeria,taking from the west.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2008
[url=http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTABOUTUS/0,,contentMDK:20040565~menuPK:1696892~pagePK:51123644~piPK:329829~theSitePK:29708,00.html]At the World Bank we have made the world's challenge—to reduce global poverty—our challenge.[/url]

Our work focuses on achievement of the Millennium Development Goals that call for the elimination of poverty and sustained development. The goals provide us with targets and yardsticks for measuring results.

Our mission is to help developing countries and their people reach the goals by working with our partners to alleviate poverty. To do that we concentrate on building the climate for investment, jobs and sustainable growth, so that economies will grow, and by investing in and empowering poor people to participate in development.

Please try to learn to blame the right people for the right problems, not go about spewing jargons and expecting me to feel bad for your lack of understanding,

The information below is taken from the worldbank website, visit the site sometime to learn what role the World bank is meant to play and what role it is not designed to play for people like you.

At the World Bank we have made the world's challenge—to reduce global poverty—our challenge.

Our work focuses on achievement of the Millennium Development Goals that call for the elimination of poverty and sustained development. The goals provide us with targets and yardsticks for measuring results.

Our mission is to help developing countries and their people reach the goals by working with our partners to alleviate poverty. To do that we concentrate on building the climate for investment, jobs and sustainable growth, so that economies will grow, and by investing in and empowering poor people to participate in development.

redsun:

In as mush as you are factual,you have to be factual on both sides,no,whiteman is always right,some times they make this people offers hhey can't refuse and they instigate it.

As a world bank they should be following the trend of nigerian windfall since the beginning of iraq war,why in the world will they want to give a country that is swimming in money more money if not for their own selfish greed? forgetting that as always, the common man suffers.What in the world happen to human ethics in the name of capitalism?

[size=16pt]BULLCRAP!!![/size] The highlighted statement outlines the sort of stupidity that continues to reign supreme across all of Africa WHINE!! WHINE!!! As world BANK, they should babysit me (Africa) and wipe my BUTT every time I soil myself in my own stupidity. I am nigeria so give me attention, we are too stupid and so we need you to run our country for us while we whine that the whiteman is back to enslave us !!.  Do you even bother to read your own posts?

What business has the world bank to do with the way you choose to run your society?? For all they care, your culture is Corruption?? Who is the world bank to decide to give you money or not when all that matters is that the bank be fair to you, regardless of how you and your people deal with each other??

What kind of miserable twits do we have for people in africa? Since when is it the World banks business if you decide of your own to continue to SWIM IN MISERY for centuries?? What right does the world bank have to tell Nigeria if the culture of corruption practised by young and old is good for loans or not?? IT IS ALL BUSINESS.  STOP MAKING STUPID EXCUSES and looking to blame everyone else.

The World Bank remains the World bank,  You have good credit and want a loan with good reason, it will gladly loan you money, and it is UP TO YOU TO USE YOUR HEAD, and figure out how best to use it. SIMPLE!!! Greed or not,  Your personal issues have nothing to do with the world bank here.  Since when did World Bank become Nigeria's uncle or father in this?? Why is Europe,Ghana and the rest of the world not demanding the same sort of babysitting you are? Does that there not clue you in to how ridiculous your demand on the bank is??

It is goons like you that will demand the world bank intervene and when it actually does, you are usually first to SCREAM the white man is trying to ENSLAVE YOU. Are you people sane For all we know, it is doomed if it does and doomed if it does not. You are  never satisfied cause , ugh!!!
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by superman(m): 10:15am On Jun 22, 2008
agree but yes u are right but world bank inagural blue print doent tell the whole story! so caution, yes people have their reason  but once again you are right! buzness is buzzness

to whom it may concern

stilll me

proudly stupid Nigerian ha
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2008
Junkie,you tend to exonerate yourself from the stupidity of africa just because you live i america,you are part of the sickness and even worse because u tend to know but you don't know shit,uncle sam type,no ill feelings.

Take your time to study and personally define the complex web of world politics and financial control,then you will realize that world bank is just nothing but a white sepulchre,beautiful outside but smelly and wormy inside .They are never there to help any country,especially third world countries rather they put them in perpetual doom.

Under normal finacial policies banks give loans to individual,countries or bodies that they have an inkling will make good use the money,but in the case of nigeria,they know the country is in a period of boom,mismanaging the money and the same time giving them more money.World bank from its nature was main to be more of a developmental and financial advice bank than the shylock and profit oriented monsters that they are today.

Bunch of illuminaties controlling money that never belongs to them in first place.I wonder how much they pay you for you to be so blindly carried away by their magic?You suprise me when you said in one the threads that gambian goverment is right to choose to make laws to execute homosexual or not,for the first time you backed a slowpoke decision from slowpoke goverment,just because it suits your delusional beliefs,you are just entwine in those american fundamental beliefs without cause,not knowing what the true story is.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2008
redsun:

Junkie,you tend to exonerate yourself from the stupidity of africa just because you live i america,you are part of the sickness and even worse because u tend to know but you don't know shit,uncle sam type,no ill feelings.

Take your time to study and personally define the complex web of world politics and financial control,then you will realize that world bank is just nothing but a white sepulchre,beautiful outside but smelly and wormy inside .They are never there to help any country,especially third world countries rather they put them in perpetual doom.

Under normal finacial policies banks give loans to individual,countries or bodies that they have an inkling will make good use the money,but in the case of nigeria,they know the country is in a period of boom,mismanaging the money and the same time giving them more money.World bank from its nature was main to be more of a developmental and financial advice bank than the shylock and profit oriented monsters that they are today.

Bunch of illuminaties controlling money that never belongs to them in first place.I wonder how much they pay you for you to be so blindly carried away by their magic?You suprise me when you said in one the threads that gambian goverment is right to choose to make laws to execute homosexual or not,for the first time you backed a slowpoke decision from slowpoke goverment,just because it suits your delusional beliefs,you are just entwine in those american fundamental beliefs without cause,not knowing what the true story is.

You are not worth it. I wonder why I keep trying but I guess folks like you may never get it. I just hope that many others can be saved from that ENTITLEMENT mentality that so plagues the likes of you. Instead of dealing with your own issues you go around claiming everyone else is a hypocrite for not serving you as you demand they ought to, regardless of what they are really there for and have spelt out in contract after contract to the likes of you. You are just like the stupid leaders we have in africa. Expecting to be respected but never actually trying to take responsibility for your own existence and continuing to hypocritically claim everyone else is the problem. Gosh !!! Spare me this stupidity,  do not bother responding cause I think I am about done with your "US vs THEM" mentality which continues to claim lives ( through starvation, stupid riots etc) upon lives each day in africa but no plausible reason.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2008
Wise up junkie,stop being a caricature.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa092.html
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2008
redsun:

Wise up junkie,stop being a caricature.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa092.html

When I saw your link,I was stunned.Redsun,a leftist loon,quoting the Cato institute. If you bothered to read the article you will see that the views expressed are as far removed from yours.
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by redsun(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2008
4play read the article fully,it is analytical.More to ponder on.

http://www.globalenvision.org/library/23/1524
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2008
Is the world bank Nigeria's Nanny?? WHY SHOULD IT GIVE A HOOT Why even make such a statement as the one you made since we know it is not even part of what the World bank is set up for?? Isn't that there a Problem that anyone would even try to think the World Bank should or should not

It seems you have a problem. . . you just like to attack whoever may have disagreed with you at any point in time even if you have nothing which differs from their position
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2008
dudu-bobo:

It seems you have a problem. . . you just like to attack whoever may have disagreed with you at any point in time even if you have nothing which differs from their position

So asking you straight forward questions means you are being threatened?? Are you sure this is about disagreement or you not understanding what the questions mean??
Re: World Bank Team In Nigeria by dudubobo1: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So asking you straight forward questions means you are being threatened?? Are you sure this is about disagreement or you not understanding what the questions mean??

What question is there to ask from what I wrote and what you wrote?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria / Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last / Calling A Reckless Gej Government To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.