Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

ASUU Aftermath....reason To Rethink - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Aftermath....reason To Rethink (657 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / National ASUU Begins Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Aftermath....reason To Rethink by tobikush1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have never been this useless in my entire life! said Afolabi, not just me, he further affirmed, but also some of my friends in the neighborhood who are also affected with this ASUU Strike, he further explained to me that the joy of every student is to enjoy the necessary basic amenities of life as a student, which ranges from access to fast Internet service, constant electricity, access to good communication channel, access to student loan, stable school calendar and others, but in Nigeria very few of the student population enjoy this amenities. Having said that, in his terribly voice further explained to me that major malady to an average student now in Nigeria is the ASUU Strike where most students are jobless and finds it difficult to invest or involve in something positive, the reason is so simple because of the challenges in the Nigerian state itself whereby graduates already finds it difficult in getting the undesired job talk less of desired ones, even my girlfriend is complaining badly he said, and I regret ever been born in this country called Nigeria. ‘’you cannot choose how you were born but you can choose the kind of life you wanted for yourself whether rich or poor, influential or as a pauper…..was the response I gave, he paused, while I further explained.
It is true that most of us finds it difficult to find something positive doing now, but the truth is this might be the same situation when we graduate from school, as a result of the high level of unemployment in the country, and mind you, now there is still hope that one day ASUU might call of the Strike but after graduation there won’t be any form of resumption where you will be left to decide alone on your next plan for the nearest future……. this I explained to him in accordance to other students affected which could serve as a reminder that there are more challenges to come after graduation, as a result, every student must understand that his own priority to succeed must be above any other thing, this calls for all of us to discover our various talent and try to develop it during this break and beyond, God has never created anyone without a talent, the likes of Kaffy(dancer), 2face(Musician), Omotola(Artiste), Wole Soyinka(writer), Fela Durotoye(Speaker) and many others have utilized their talents with the education they had, and each and everyone’s talent doesn’t disturb the others in attaining his/her greatness, that is why Bishop Idahosa said ‘’birds fly without disturbing one another in the sky, so also you are too talented to envy others talent. I also believe that ‘’the smallest fish can swim better than the biggest bird in the water, so also the smallest bird can fly better than the biggest fish in the sky’’ this simply means whatsoever your talent is you are far better off than someone else in your own way, and the present World hardly celebrates certificate but discoveries, what makes you great is the value you have been able to contribute to the world through your discoveries and ideas.
One of my favourite quote is ‘’ don’t ask what the world needs, but ask what makes you come alive, because what the world needs is those who have come alive’’……we students need to ask ourselves this question on the reason why we are here on earth and try to develop towards it, and mind you your education is to boost whatsoever talent or field you have choosen, it’s high time each and every student affected by this strike to discover what they have passion for and start developing themselves towards it. The nearest future would be worst if we fail to plan for it, hardwork pays when it is been done on the right track, and I have never seen anyone who invested so much with God in his talent and ended up frustrated, whatever worth doing is worth doing well they say. And at this stage I have to drop my pen and continue some other time because we ‘’ the youth’’ finds it difficult in reading long article, and in my final remarks remember that the value you place on yourself determines your worth, just as a plate of ‘’FuFu’’ is sold for 150naira in some restaurant around my hostel in Iworoko, Ekiti State, and still been sold for 5,000naira in other big hotels, the same illustration can be applied to individuals life, the knowledge digested and value placed on yourself determines how the world values you, remember you can be late and still be the latest and It’s not about the age in your life that matters but the life in your age……discover yourself and develop yourself towards the greatness you desire step by step, nobody was born great at a point every great individual you see worked towards it and you too can be one……… this was the same way I told my friend Afolabi, he sighs and puts a smile on his face while we both appreciated the time spent together and both took our time to attend to other things later in the day……..

Tobikush
Re: ASUU Aftermath....reason To Rethink by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
OP you have done well. God bless you. this is what i am saying if ASUU call off strike now and you rush to graduate, there is the likelyhood that you will (1) be halfbaked (2) a little bit unemployable (3) you might stay another 4-5 years at home before you get that dream gainfull employment that pays you millions. so as you can see its all the same situation. ASUU should just continue the strike so that stubborn govt can come to their senses and start fixing the rot in our educational system. meanwhile those students affected by the strike should learn one or two things, start some trade, JAVA, programming, Photoshop, Coreldraw. the govt we have today still behave like the leaders of the slave trade era, were their people are confined into perpetual bondage and suffrage and are constantly denied the basic necessities of life.
Re: ASUU Aftermath....reason To Rethink by tobikush1(m): 12:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Aggrippa: OP you have done well. God bless you. this is what i am saying if ASUU call off strike now and you rush to graduate, there is the likelyhood that you will (1) be halfbaked (2) a little bit unemployable (3) you might stay another 4-5 years at home before you get that dream gainfull employment that pays you millions. so as you can see its all the same situation. ASUU should just continue the strike so that stubborn govt can come to their senses and start fixing the rot in our educational system. meanwhile those students affected by the strike should learn one or two things, start some trade, JAVA, programming, Photoshop, Coreldraw. the govt we have today still behave like the leaders of the slave trade era, were their people are confined into perpetual bondage and suffrage and are constantly denied the basic necessities of life.
thanks much.,i really appreciate your view towards it also

(1) (Reply)

Say No To ASUU Strike / ... / PGD In Information Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.