Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Suggestions Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suggestions Needed (1428 Views)

Best Dog Breed For A Lady Living Alone..your Suggestions.. / What Jobs Can A Nigerian Teenager Living In Nigeria Do? Practical Suggestions Please! / I'm Having A Baby! Any Yoruba Name Suggestions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions Needed by mrskong: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2013
Good afternoon all, please I need an insight into this situation . I am getting married in December and we are planning a small in house wedding with a maximum of 50 guest . we are from different tribes and I understand that matters of such magnitude must be treated with sensitivity. he is isoko ( delta state) and I am Yoruba .My question ,is what traditional attire should we wear? would have bought to separate attires , may be we wear the Yoruba own first and wear the isoko attire later, but we are n a tight budget so we need to settle for one . Please note that he doesn't mind but I just want to ensure that everybody is happy.
Re: Suggestions Needed by nonsoyoungprof: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Kekeekkeke...y disturb ur self on attire to put on...wen u guys can do it naked..u knw wat I mean,.less expensive...jst passing with my camel
Re: Suggestions Needed by Ashabie(f): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2013
I think wedding is for woman! So far he doesn't mind any,why not go for the Yoruba Attire to save cost....because I blve going with his tribe Attire is more costly than the Yorubas....olorun amu ojo ro o,...wish you a successful Marriage in advance.
Re: Suggestions Needed by EfemenaXY: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2013
mrs kong: Good afternoon all, please I need an insight into this situation . I am getting married in December and we are planning a small in house wedding with a maximum of 50 guest . we are from different tribes and I understand that matters of such magnitude must be treated with sensitivity. he is isoko ( delta state) and I am Yoruba .My question ,is what traditional attire should we wear? would have bought to separate attires , may be we wear the Yoruba own first and wear the isoko attire later, but we are n a tight budget so we need to settle for one . Please note that he doesn't mind but I just want to ensure that everybody is happy.

Isoko attire. smiley
Re: Suggestions Needed by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Are you doing it at your place? I think it'all be more appropriate to use your own traditional attire.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions Needed by RoyalRoy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
Give him the honour!!

Wear the Isoko attire.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions Needed by baby124: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Both... Or he wears Yoruba while you wear Isoko. This will signify the coming together and embracing the two cultures wink

1 Like

Re: Suggestions Needed by mrskong: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank you all for all your advice, the really dilemma is I want to be respectful to everyone involved . he really doesn't mind which ever attire . I love the isoko attire with the two wrapper thingy and the blouse .
nonsoyoungprof: Kekeekkeke...y disturb ur self on attire to put on...wen u guys can do it naked..u knw wat I mean,.less expensive...jst passing with my camel
@ nonsoyoungprof we are not in a hurry for that jare looking forward to that for the rest of our lives.
Ashabie: I think wedding is for woman! So far he doesn't mind any,why not go for the Yoruba Attire to save cost....because I blve going with his tribe Attire is more costly than the Yorubas....olorun amu ojo ro o,...wish you a successful Marriage in advance.
@ashabie thank you for your prayers God will meet u at the point of your needs. he really doesn't mind wearing anything .
@efemena_xy representing isoko all the way. isoko wado
@Lord Reed we are doing it at my place
@Royal Boy give him the honour and disrespect my people, just looking for a common ground
@baby_123 just think the pictures might not look to good with the suggestion.

Thinking we might need to look at our budget again and find a way to incorporate it in. thanks again
Re: Suggestions Needed by LordReed(m): 9:09am On Sep 15, 2013
Since its gonna be done in your place as a mark of respect and regard to your family, you guys should stick with the Yoruba attire. In as much as you want to please everyone your finances dictates prudence.
Re: Suggestions Needed by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 16, 2013
Royal Roy: Give him the honour!!

Wear the Isoko attire.

Wear his
Re: Suggestions Needed by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Suggestions Needed by LordReed(m): 7:17am On Sep 16, 2013
chaircover: This is what always amuses me when it comes to weddings/marriage

so much energy/time/resource/thought is spent on the wedding preparations, but when asked to invest that much into the actual marriage it becomes a problem

Youv are so right CC. It is amazing almost as though they never courted. May God help us all!

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Values ( Open Letter To Nigerian Ladies) / Family Friendly Contemporary Nigerian Music ? / My Neighbor Just Lost His Wife This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.