Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) (25158 Views)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Lokoja, Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by ochejoseph(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Last years Flood was devastating especially in ,the confluence city of lokoja , Kogi state.
Some residents lost everything they had ever worked for to the overnight flash Flood,that ravaged Adankolo and other areas close to the banks of the confluence of rivers Niger and Benue .
with this years projected to equal or exceed last years flood ,the State and Federal govt appear prepared this time around ,I took a trip to Abuja road this morning this road was cut off by flood last year separating northern and southern Nigeria for almost 2 months. I was very impressed with the enhanced high level of the Lokoja abuja road with fillings that will keep the flood waters a bay ,with the Flood victims Housing Estate almost completed the story this time most likely will be different.
I leave you with pictures of the advancing flood Waters I took In lokoja this morning

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by ochejoseph(m): 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
this morning sunday sept 15 the water level has risen,approaching the road. Towards the old market end

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by dejijohns(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by mosho2good: 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
I don c am...

Make I go sleep jooooooooo.
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by mattsteve(f): 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
For real? Wat position am I?
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by tolextony(m): 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
Can't see anytin??
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by ojeffo: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
THIS FLOOD SEF.....YABA LEFT THINZ

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by darelar(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
I just pray that the flood won't be like that of last year.
ochejoseph: Last years Flood was devastating especially in ,the confluence city of lokoja , Kogi state.
Some residents lost everything they had ever worked for to the overnight flash Flood,that ravaged Adankolo and other areas close to the banks of the confluence of rivers Niger and Benue .
with this years projected to equal or exceed last years flood ,the State and Federal govt appear prepared this time around ,I took a trip to Abuja road this morning this road was cut off by flood last year separating northern and southern Nigeria for almost 2 months. I was very impressed with the enhanced high level of the Lokoja abuja road with fillings that will keep the flood waters a bay ,with the Flood victims Housing Estate almost completed the story this time most likely will be different.
I leave you with pictures of the advancing flood Waters I took In lokoja this morning
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by mattsteve(f): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
This is scary and risky o
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by cluewebhost(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
Flood this year Again?
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Valstresser: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Its going to be tragic
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Ipheyemmy01(m): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hope what they are doing to prevent it work out well, because everything in this country are FILM TRICK. yawn..... Back to listening to chelsea vs everton radio commentary.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
when we go experience heavy flood for lagos? make he scatter island... especially all that rich people's zone.. banana island, ikoyi, vgc... make e flush their loots , dollars come mainland...
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by olatade(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
oneangle: when we go experience heavy flood for lagos? make he scatter island... especially all that rich people's zone.. banana island, ikoyi, vgc... make e flush their loots , dollars come mainland...

Ode!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Stunner1(f): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
God take control oooo
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
oneangle: when we go experience heavy flood for lagos? make he scatter island... especially all that rich people's zone.. banana island, ikoyi, vgc... make e flush their loots , dollars come mainland...

Bad belle, na them tell you make you no hustle..?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by emmddy: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
I thought you have a picture of advancing flooding, but it seem you are advertising signposts.
common be serious

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Lakayanah: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
The rich can always take care of themselves but you poverty stricken maggot would be flushed to hell.
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by donigspain(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
*Evacuation! Evacuation!! Evacuation!!!
Evacuate all who live along river banks and catchments. Relocate to safer uplands.
*Demolition! Demolition!! Demolition!!!
Demolish all illegal structures along flood plains thereby making way for easier passage of runoff along natural courses.
*Rehabilitation! Rehabilitation!! Rehabilitation!!!
Rehabilitate all affected persons. Empower them with enough material and financial donations not giving them two hundred and sixty-five naira as reported over last year's disaster.
*Monitor! Monitor!! Monitor!!!
Monitor and implement all regulations and warnings as issued by NIMET, NEMA and other environmental consulting agencies to avoid a repetition of these unfortunate and avoidable environmental disasters.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
i cant see anytin oh...Except tractor...
ASUU pls call off the strike....click like if u want ASUU to call off...let thm know we are against the strike........at least some ASUU members are nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by creativemusic: 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by ednut1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
Op u can lie, what preparation are u talking about o, can't see shit
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Deyo2013(f): 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
He who have ear,let him hear what the spirit is telling the churches.
shocked
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Okwombageneral(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
this one na end time lie ooooo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by question(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
Those living along the rivers of the Niger delta should beware. Last year was a disaster.
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by fitzmayowa: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kogi is floating...FG is buying Iphone
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by tony5002x: 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
What about we in bayelsa which upland are we going to run to if it reaches us because bayelsa is same level with water
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by kedukc(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
seems op just crossed niger bridge for the first time
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by carrybreeze: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
olatade:

Ode!!! undecided
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by ochejoseph(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
ednut1: Op u can lie, what preparation are u talking about o, can't see shit
Go to Nataco 10 minutes walk or3 minutes drive or so u will see what kind of Prep I was talking about, if u have been listening to Radio u will also hear the jingles , also visited the flood victims resettlement estate good progress has been made some even completed .
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by HonKontigi: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
@
Re: Pictures Of Advancing Flood Waters In Lokoja (Updated) by Usen9c(m): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
tolextony: Can't see anytin??

gud

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Apologises To Nigerians For Fight During Plenary / Abel Ifemi: From Hotel Waiter To Special Assistant To A Governor / President Buhari To Embark On Medical Leave In April - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.