Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? (633 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone? / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Imagine a child that was duly celebrated during child birth. As he/she grows up to become a full adult and up to 48yrs old in life, yet nothing to show in life financially, academically and perhaps maritally. How do the parents feel having such child as thiers?

Good responses please!
Re: How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by dasparrow: 5:58am On Sep 15, 2013
RedBenson: Imagine a child that was duly celebrated during child birth. As he/she grows up to become a full adult and up to 48yrs old in life, yet nothing to show in life financially, academically and perhaps maritally. How do the parents feel having such child as thiers?

Good responses please!

How do you expect them to feel? how would you feel? Common sense tells me that they would feel disappointed. By the way, many Nigerian parents would fall under this category of parents you speak about considering that there are many Nigerians who have grown up and sadly don't contribute anything meaningful to this world other than to give Nigeria a bad name through scam or make a lot of children they cannot afford to take care of.
Re: How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 15, 2013
Wow! This is a big question.
I don't know, I just can't imagine myself producing failure. I think I would be the sought of parent that would latch on to that little hope that things can change even if there's isn't any sign of improvement. I will invest time, money, energy to change the little things I can, probably helping him in some areas to save him from shame.

I don't know, I really don't know.
Re: How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2013
dasparrow:

How do you expect them to feel? how would you feel? Common sense tells me that they would feel disappointed. By the way, many Nigerian parents would fall under this category of parents you speak about considering that there are many Nigerians who have grown up and sadly don't
contribute anything meaningful to this world other than to give Nigeria a bad name through scam or make a lot of children they cannot afford to take care of.

Naturally i would feel real bad! But then, it all depends on the situation. A man who's a palmwine tapper and did practically nothing to the socio-economic wellbeing of his son shldnt expect that his son to become the next state governor or presidency overnight. One thing i understand about parental guidance is that, what you sow on your child is what he/you shall reap out of it unless otherwise.

However, i've seen those whom the parents have invested so much in thier socio-economic well-being and they still fail in life. Reasons is either unknown or only known to the failure in persons and thier God.

I'd really feel bad if (God forbid) my child fails in life.
Re: How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2013
Wu Zetian: Wow! This is a big question.I don't know, I just can't imagine myself producing failure. I think I would be the sought of parent that would latch on to that little hope
that things can change even if there's isn't any sign of improvement. I will invest time, money, energy to change the little things I can, probably helping him in some areas to save him from shame.

I don't know, I really don't know.

Yeah! Everyone would feel real bad. It's not what anyone shld pray for.
Re: How Do Parents Feel When They See Thier Child(ren) Failed In Life? by Kanwulia: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Erm. . .only parents who have these kinds of 'children' can share their experiences o!

I nefa reach that stage, , , BUT SHOULD IN CASE OF INCASABILITY. . . . I will love him or her NO LESS. . . nor be my pikin?
His or her failures are MY FAILURES and vice versa. . . we shall be in it TOGETHER. . .SIDE BY SIDE. . .till the very end!!! kiss

MONKEY NOR FINE. . .BUT IM MAMA LIKE AM LIKE DAT. . .Simple!!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage / 8 Tips For Parenting Lastborn Children / A Widow's Agony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.