Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour (35247 Views)

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town / Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by edwonderz(m): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
TONYE001: Hello friends...

Greetings... smiley

I'm so sorry for being scarce...

I'm having a very busy time..

I hope to continue this evening..

Thanks for understanding... smiley
Hurray!! Monsieur Tonye so today is you birthday and you are keeping quiet? Abeg where is the party jare? and I hope say you no go serve us with raw garri & soup o.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ecolime(m): 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Happy bday Tonye! Much blessed and fruitful years to come in Jesus name.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by JewelBukky(f): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Happy birthday to u sir Tonye! Wish u many happy returns of d day, long life nd properity. V a blast!
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by BMZK: 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
TONYE001:

D'accord is used to express agreement, mostly.

No, it isn't called [i]Harish potatoes[/i]. It was a mistake and I've made the necessary corrections.

Thanks... smiley
It is widely called pomme de terre in west francophone countries.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
TONYE001: Hello friends...

Greetings... smiley

I'm so sorry for being scarce...

I'm having a very busy time..

I hope to continue this evening..

Thanks for understanding... smiley
monsieur tonye, happy birthday to you. more greese to your fingers, and more ink to your pen. may the lord move your writing ministry to it parmanet site, in jesus name. amem. amem amem.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by adediamond07(m): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Monsieur
joyeux anniversaire, longue durée de vie dans la prospérité et de nombreux retours joyeuses
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 12:20am On Oct 16, 2013
adediamond07: Monsieur
joyeux anniversaire, longue durée de vie dans la prospérité et de nombreux retours joyeuses
o'boy na wa o.. help us wey never sabi "ske-ske-se" well well. if you write for french, help to translate some for englier...lolzzz. e.g la petit petit.... meaning 'na small small' lolzzz. umunna.., i no try ?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by rennylaw(m): 12:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Happy birthday in french is......bon anniversarie? am i correct? all join grin. Happy birthday Mr Tonye many happy returns.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
henrimoto: o'boy na wa o.. help us wey never sabi "ske-ske-se" well well. if you write for french, help to translate some for englier...lolzzz. e.g la petit petit.... meaning 'na small small' lolzzz. umunna.., i no try ?
lols u try. What he wrote means- Mr Tonye happy birthday i wish you long life and prosperity, many more happy years to come.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2013
Cutejay: lols u try. What he wrote means- Mr Tonye happy birthday i wish you long life and prosperity, many more happy years to come.
Nne, thanks a bunch! how about you being my french lectural...? lolzzz.. seriouly.. na you i want! lolzzzz
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ChiSun27(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2013
Happy birthday man...you are envied.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by adediamond07(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
henrimoto: Nne, thanks a bunch! how about you being my french lectural...? lolzzz.. seriouly.. na you i want! lolzzzz
................ should have seen it coming.
Anyway cutejay, être prudent avec votre étudiant
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Numerouuuno: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
Where has the been?
This thread need some 'awakening',OP do the right thing joor
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by rennylaw(m): 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
Tonye where are you. please come and continue your story o
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
adediamond07:
Anyway cutejay, être prudent avec votre étudiant
lols
Je le être prudent avec mon étudiant-merci beaucoup pour le conseil.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by s3nn2x(m): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
#unfollows

Can't wait no more
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=adediamond07]
Anyway cutejay, être prudent avec votre étudiant [/quote ] monsieur, pls,what is coming ? You didn't translate your french....hope my application is granted..? Lolzzz
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cutejay: lols
nne, happy sunday....bikoo! What is monsieur adedaimond saying ? Hope i am save sha ? Make e no be say the guy don sell me with french... Put the change for pocket. Lollzzzzzzz...
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by henrimoto(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Cutejay: lols
nne, is like you are saying something like this 'thank-you for your concern' abi ? Na the other i no catch well.. Umunna leii. I am going to be a good student... Lolzzzzz.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by TONYE001(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2013
Hello friends, greetings.

I'm so sorry for my inability to continue this story, I've been very very busy over here..

I thank you for your patience and understanding...

I hope to upload some pictures from Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Ghana this evening after which the thread would be officially closed.

Thanks for your wishes on my birthday, thanks for helping me grow in my writing skills, thanks for your love, and thanks for reading my piece.

I wish you all success in your endeavours.

Peace to all... smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by SugaryBelle(f): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by SugaryBelle(f): 8:37am On Oct 30, 2013
Tonye so no gist only pinshures? *frowns*
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by kid7soccer(m): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Ok bro, waiting for u
TONYE001: Hello friends, greetings.

I'm so sorry for my inability to continue this story, I've been very very busy over here..

I thank you for your patience and understanding...

I hope to upload some pictures from Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Ghana this evening after which the thread would be officially closed.

Thanks for your wishes on my birthday, thanks for helping me grow in my writing skills, thanks for your love, and thanks for reading my piece.

I wish you all success in your endeavours.

Peace to all... smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ritababe(f): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
hmmmm,
na now u wan close the thread wey e be say i just dey balance for front seat....

E no good oh..
****crying****
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by ocelot2006(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2013
TONYE001: I explained to Monsieur le Cow-boy Idi that I would love to go to the bank as I had almost nothing with me. He disclosed that Ecobank has a branch not far from the hotel. He ordered the driver to drive towards the location.

Dakar is a very busy city. The impression of Dakar I had on Sunday was a big city with terrible roads and lots of ‘unused space’. My Monday journey presented a different city. There was barely a route to turn to that was void of traffic jam. Not even the black pedestrians were free from this as there was barely enough space to walk and swing your arms without hitting the person just next to you. It seemed to me that only old, shabby cars were allowed to be used as taxis as almost all the taxis (and buses) marked yellow and black were just few steps away from complete breakdown.

We soon arrived at the branch of Ecobank. There was no space to park. The driver made a swift stop as I and Idi jumped out. He drove off.

We crossed the busy road as I walked up to the Gauchet Automatique (ATM machine). I joined the cue.

In my wait, I observed the people of Dakar from my angle. My eyes reported a happy people walking briskly towards the directions of their affairs. Some with hand bags, others with back packs. Some in groups, others sole. There were hawkers, road side traders, newspaper vendors, beggars, and police officers on foot patrol.

As I observed, I noticed that every security agent had a holstered pistol (mostly revolvers with brown handles but I noticed a few glocks). Those with longer rifles still had their pistols holstered. I found this interesting. This also includes the private security agents (I saw a couple of them at the bank) and the whistle-blowing traffic wardens (officers)! No wonder Dakar is a relatively safe place.

I also noticed the incredible population of whites. Few driving in cars while others walked in their T-shirts, shorts, canvasses (or boots), caps, and sun glasses (it was a sunny day). Perhaps, in West Africa, Nigeria has the lowest population of westerners (just saying).

It got to my turn as I walked into the ATM room.

I slotted in my card. The machine asked me if I wanted to operate it in English or in French. I selected English (I no ready to learn French with my money I beg before I go click CLEAR MY ACCOUNT come trek dey come house..[/i]lolz). I was out in about 5 minutes.

I walked up to Idi (he was busy buying a T-shirt from a roadside seller). In no time we were back to the road, heading eastwards (I think).

“[i]Monsieur
, where is the driver?” I asked as we marched.

“I asked him to look for a safe place to pack” he said.

“Ok.”

The traffic was very heavy that day. It seemed static to me.

“There is a traveling agency about 20 minutes from here” Idi said.

“Ok. That’s great. Let’s go there please” I said.

“I advise we walk down as we may not get there quickly if we use the car because of the traffic.” Idi suggested as we walked under the harsh Senegalese sun.

“That’s great monsieur. I agree with you.” I said.

Cow-boy Idi called the driver and asked him to return to the street he had dropped us and drive straight, due east. He gave him a location where he would park and wait for us.

Idi’s short legs (no insult intended) carried him in an incredible pace. I found it difficult catching up with him. We maneuvered our way through the highly dense population of pedestrians as I made sure he didn’t leave my sight.

“Wow! What’s that?” I asked pointing to a two-coached blue and yellow bus.

“We call it Dakar Deme DikK. It’s used for public transport.” He said.

I rushed for my Nikon digital camera in my bag as I tried to take a picture.

Huh....you do know your firearms and a quite observant. Are you sure you won't join the "foreign service"
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Captain001(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2013
My patience waiting for the continuation of the tale is gradually wearing out... Tonye where art thou
[img][/img]
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by TONYE001(m): 6:22am On Nov 04, 2013
Captain001: My patience waiting for the continuation of the tale is gradually wearing out... Tonye where art thou
[img][/img]

hello Captain, good morning.

How are you doing today?

I beg no vex o, I got real busy lately; presently I'm heading to Benue State...na where NYSC say make I go..

I'm so sorry for not completing this piece...

Have a nice, peaceful day Captain..
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by janykute: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=TONYE001]

How are you doing today?

I beg no vex o, I got real busy lately; presently I'm heading to Benue State...na where NYSC say make I go..

I'm so sorry for
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by janykute: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2013
TONYE001:

How are you doing today?

Why not start another tale on your trip to Benue State if you have your camera with you,Must the take only be for your tour to west African countries?

Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by janykute: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by janykute: 11:02am On Nov 04, 2013
TONYE001:

How are you doing today?

Then start another tale on your trip to Benue state,am sure you have your camera with you.
Re: A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour by Howmanage: 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
Is this it Tonye?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna Crashes Into A Bush In Delta, Many Injured (Graphic Photos) / Omo Elu Iju Akure-North / How I Was Saved From An Accident Yesterday!...my Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.