Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

JESUS SAVED MY Life(the Matthew Needham Story) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JESUS SAVED MY Life(the Matthew Needham Story) (1519 Views)

Matthew 23, The Message. Let's Discuss. / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JESUS SAVED MY Life(the Matthew Needham Story) by igoro10: 6:07am On Sep 15, 2013
From a young age I was serious to find the true meaning of life. It took some time before I got a real breakthrough, but this turning point took place when I was sixteen years old at a Christian youth camp. Just before this time I had gone through some problems in my life. I had so many problems that I was feeling miserable and I didn’t think that I had a real purpose to live. I believed in God and I wanted to be close to God, but something was still missing. Because of my problems I thought that it would be better to die and go to Heaven than to live on this earth. The devil used this to make me think that my life was worthless. Then it was like a spirit of death was always calling me to die. I had allowed this stronghold to be built up in my mind, that whenever something went wrong, I thought that it would be better to die.

My father had a gun in the cupboard of his room, so without anyone knowing I took the gun, climbed out of the window, and found a place where nobody could see me. I put a bullet into the gun, put the barrel of the gun in the middle of my forehead, said a prayer, and then pulled the trigger to blow my brains out. I pulled the trigger but nothing happened. What saved me from committing suicide at that moment was the fact that this gun had a safety lock and the gun did not fire. I was in tears and I was afraid because I thought that it was the end. Really I didn’t want to die, so I was crying out to God because I wanted a purpose to live. No matter who you are, God has created you for a special purpose and you need to find the special calling that God has for you.

When I went to this Christian camp, a man was preaching about how God saved his life. I felt the presence of God and a strong pressure come upon my chest that made me feel that I had to go forward for prayer. The feeling became stronger and stronger, until the preacher asked for those who needed prayer to come to the front. I went straight up and found myself crying and crying; the most I had ever cried in my whole life. Something amazing was happening. My eyelashes were blinking incredibly fast and when I closed my eyes it looked as if I was seeing a bright light. Whenever I closed my eyes I could see this shining light. When the preacher came and prayed for me, he made a funny ‘whoossshhh’ sound and some power went through my whole body. Something like an electric shock of power and warmth went right through my body like a wave. It was powerful, but also gentle. It was like an electric warmth. It was the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. When I looked around most of the people who had been prayed for had fallen to the ground. I didn’t know what had really happened. I just kept crying. That was the first time that I literally experienced God’s power and my life was totally changed.

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12). Being touched by God’s power opened my eyes. I saw the light and from the day God’s power went through me something was different. My priorities in life had changed. I really wanted to know God and it gave me a great hunger to pray and study the Bible. I heard about the Holy Spirit, that when Jesus went to Heaven He sent the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins and to give us power to be a witnesses for Christ (John 16:8; Acts 1:cool.

I knew that I had received that power to preach the gospel. I began to talk to my friends about Jesus. I also heard that the Holy Spirit gives the gift of speaking in tongues, so I prayed and asked God to give me this supernatural gift of speaking in other tongues (Acts 2:4). As I finished praying I could see words written up in my mind, but I couldn’t understand what these words meant because they were from another language. These words were written in front of me. I could see them in my mind. I started to speak them out and that’s how I began to speak in tongues, which is one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is with us today (1 Corinthians 12:10).

Another strange thing happened after God touched my life. I saw the devil’s power like never before. A person fell to the ground when he was being prayed for and somehow something took over him. Suddenly his hands twitched up in a distorted way. He went a funny red color and an evil voice began to speak through him in a foul language. It was talking so fast that the possessed person was foaming at the mouth. The voice speaking through him was an evil spirit and his body twisted as the demon was fighting inside of him. There was an evil presence and the Christians were praying, “In the name of Jesus I command you to come out.”

It looks very horrible when you see the demons refusing to let go of a truly demon possessed person. The demon didn’t want to come out, but he had no choice because his power is broken. Peace was restored and the person was set free. There is an evil spirit called Satan and he is the leader of the demons who work to destroy people’s lives. The devil is the total opposite of God. God is pure, true love, holy and righteous, but the devil is filled with hatred, wickedness and complete evil. He is a liar and a thief, and he’s trying to stop people from following the one true God.
Source:www.calebmoney..com

(1) (Reply)

Mandela In Hell??? / Its Official!!! Holy Ghost In Lagos! With Dr. Sign Fireman And Mike Francen / Breaking!!! The Mark Of The Beast Is Finally REVEALED!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.