Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

"Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" (2238 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2013
Why would a good and loving God allow us to go through such things as the death of a child, disease and injury to ourselves and our loved ones, financial hardships, worry and fear? Surely, if He loved us, He would take all these things away from us.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Tolexander: 7:09am On Sep 15, 2013
James1: 2 My brethren, Count it all joy when you fall into various trials 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
no matter what on earth, there will always be a test of ones faith just like every student will undergo a test/exam to know if he understands what he is learning.

You can never tell if a plant planted by the riverside can survive a very long drought unless if planted in a desert.

Some things happen maybe to be a collateral to future occurrence or to be a lesson. I can remember a friend of mine, he had an accident while driving his car and had a mild bruise, later he heard an accident just occured a few miles away from him by a tanker which caught fire and spread to many cars near and little far away which he could have been part of by every calculation. None of the victims survived. If he didn't have that accident, definitetly, he would be part of the accident that claimed lives. His car and little bruise served as a collateral to the future occurrence that would claim his life.

A lesson in the sense that a man may be naive of many things around him, and has to undergo a slight teaching.
A very big man in my area once told me when he had his mum alive before her death in 1960, he believed mother is the genesis and revelation or better put, the summary of life and nothing could happen or be done outside mother's care. When his mother died, he became devastated and all he could do is to bear his cross himself cos his father was a polygamist that had completely enthrown the care of the children to the mothers. The man is now a very big man though the hustle and bustle of life which he confessed will never have come bye if he still had that maternal care.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 7:10am On Sep 15, 2013
**following**
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2013
Tolexander: James: 1 My brethren, Count it all joy
when you fall into various trials 2 knowing
that the testing of your faith produces
patience.

it could be difficult at times. Why can't he test our faith in other ways,
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 15, 2013
Someone would say the ways of God are not the ways of men but in don't get when someone says God is testing my fate by the loss of a loved one. Why would a loved one die for my faith to be tested, what evil did the love one commit.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 7:15am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo: Someone would say the ways of God are not the ways of men but in don't get when someone says God is testing my fate by the loss of a loved one. Why would a loved one die for my faith to be tested, what evil did the love one commit.
"collateral damage"

that is exactly what happened to Job.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by stevecantrell: 7:17am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo:

You mean like God giving you 30 million dollars to see if you'd spend it on hookers, whores, bling, buggati, hummer, houses, holidays...etc ?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Frontpage material *booked*

He does it to test your faith.

I'm sure you can't compare your own testing to that of Job in the bible

Happy sunday
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2013

Because he knows the road
on which I travel, when he
had tested me, I'll come out
like gold. Job 23:10 ISV
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2013
steve_cantrell:

You mean like God giving you 30 million dollars to see if you'd spend it on hookers, whores, bling, buggati, hummer, houses, holidays...etc ?

that's your thought but why use the life of another creatute to test another.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Because he knows the road
on which I travel, when he
had tested me, I'll come out
like gold. Job 23:10 ISV

So Jobs first children were opportunity cost
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by texanomaly(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2013
I don't believe he does...
Hmmm-actually he does...

The answer is simple: Because he loves us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1328270/god-does-not-allow-things
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo:

So Jobs first children were opportunity cost
lol... Nothing of that nature. I'm just showing you the principle. Someone already quoted from James that shows the same principle.
Very important like i would say, God did not cause the trials. He permitted it. God "caused" and God "permits" are two different things.
And from both scriptures, He permits it to build us, to refine our character, to help us grow in our trust in Him etc.
Trials often benefits us on the long run.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Adufaye(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2013
He allow us 2 go through pains and trials to see if we can curse him........just like that of job story,his friends and family and wife,tell him to curse Yahweh,but he refuse,saying I came to dis world with empty hand,and I will go with empty hand,I came naked and will go back naked,((((Vanity)))) Yahweh gives and he takes,when he gives we were happy and now that he takes,why should I curse him?,he prayed and he believe,trust in Yahweh,sayin my redeemer lives!!!!!

If any man/woman of dis time serve what Job did,they will b running for one church 2 the other to seek quick miracles and deliverance!

All u gat do is to believe and trust in Yahweh,and eschewed evil.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2013
Jesus speaking said if they did it to him they will do it to you.Do not forget that satan seek for permission in heaven before he could hurt job and his family.God even had to boast to satan about the righteousness of Job,we know what happened at the end.Job came out twice as much as he had before.The lord blessed the latter part of job's life more the first.

The reason why God allows satan to persecute and harass the saints is because that will give God a legal right to punish satan.

2 Thessalonians 1:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Why do goldsmiths pass gold thru fire?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Popowaa: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2013
1Peter 1:6-7
Be glad about this,even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while becos of the many kinds of trials you suffer.
7.Their purpose is to prove your faith is genuine.Even gold,which can be destroyed,is tested by fire;and so your faith,which is much more precious than gold,must also be tested,so that it may endure.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Popowaa: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Christ did not have it easy,even Him who was perfect and could have stopped all the trials and tribulations He went through didnt.If he had not gone through would we have been saved?
Sometimes the trials we go through is to strenghten our faith and prepare us for better things.The bible states in all things we should give thanks so as christians we should learn to pray and give thanks in all things instead of questioning God.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 8:25am On Sep 15, 2013
Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is
greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they
will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching,
they will obey yours also. John 15:20

Is like asking "why do our teachers want us to go through exams?"

grin only d test of fire make fine steel bro, trials n tribulation are part of the package in Christianity

James 1v2-8 ESV
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your
faith produces steadfastness.
And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. ...

1Corinth 10v13 ESV
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Romans 5v3
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,

And many more sef
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 15, 2013
idnoble135:
lol... Nothing of that nature. I'm just showing you the principle. Someone already quoted from James that shows the same principle.
Very important like i would say, God did not cause the trials. He permitted it. God "caused" and God "permits" are two different things.
And from both scriptures, He permits it to build us, to refine our character, to help us grow in our trust in Him etc.
Trials often benefits us on the long run.

This is just utter bullshit, a play on words just to avoid the obvious.

A simple analogy:
If your security guard leaves the gate opens at night, and you get robbed, would you hold the security guard accountable?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Tolexander: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo:

am sorry. I have modified the post. Please go back to read it.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
"collateral damage"

that is exactly what happened to Job.

Nah, Job spoke pervesred words in contrary to what God has done for him. Even d devil bore testimony on what God did for him

See what d devil said about Job
Job 1v10
10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his
household and everything he has? You have blessed the
work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are
spread throughout the land.

See what Job now said, he didn't see what God did for him, he spoke wrongly n broke d hedge

Job 3v25
What I feared has come upon me; 25 what I dreaded has happened to me. I have no peace, no quietness; 26
I have no rest, but only turmoil.

Dats why we should be careful on what we say
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

This is just utter bullshit, a play on words just to avoid the obvious.

A simple analogy:
If your security guard leaves the gate opens at night, and you get robbed, would you hold the security guard accountable?

Thats security. God protects his Kids.
What about this example. If i have a child. And i ask you to teach my child and ensures he learn. In the process of doing so, if you spank him to get him serious to learn, i had already permitted it since i said you ensure he learns but that did not mean i spanked him myself.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs:

Nah, Job spoke pervesred words in contrary to what God has done for him. Even d devil bore testimony on what God did for him

See what d devil said about Job
Job 1v10
10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his
household and everything he has? You have blessed the
work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are
spread throughout the land.

See what Job now said, he didn't see what God did for him, he spoke wrongly n broke d hedge

Job 3v25
What I feared has come upon me; 25 what I dreaded has happened to me. I have no peace, no quietness; 26
I have no rest, but only turmoil.

Dats why we should be careful on what we say
Did you read your Bible at all? Did God say that was the reason he was being tested? Did the Devil mention that when he went the God?

Remember that he is the "accuser" and if what Job did was a sin don't you think he old mention it?

But aside from that, the OP's question is that what offence did the children commit? What did they do that they had to die and then in the end, Job had more kids as though the ones he had before were immaterial like livestock which could be replaced
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2013
idnoble135:
Thats security. God protects his Kids.
Lol, nice move there. My question remains unanswered.

idnoble135:
What about this example. If i have a child. And i ask you to teach my child and ensures he learn. In the process of doing so, if you spank him to get him serious to learn, i had already permitted it since i said you ensure he learns but that did not mean i spanked him myself
Oh, you did indirectly. You are responsible for that spanking. Unless you're also ready to admit that if the kid grows up be a good kid due to 'my' spanking, the I should take the kudos not you.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Did you read your Bible at all? Did God say that was the reason he was being tested? Did the Devil mention that when he went the God?

Remember that he is the "accuser" and if what Job did was a sin don't you think he old mention it?

But aside from that, the OP's question is that what offence did the children commit? What did they do that they had to die and then in the end, Job had more kids as though the ones he had before were immaterial like livestock which could be replaced

grin
D devil sought permission to attack Job, God boasting with Job said he should but not to touch his life, d devil now afflicted Job, and Job unlike Abraham changed his confession in line with what God has done. He was weak in faith, he allowed fear n circumstances around him change his confession, the children n all Job had was dear to him of course, d devil will attack that which you cherish, just to test your faith, dats wot he did...you would have asked me whether the suffering he went tru was immaterial considering the end of his story.

Abeg I dey church, cnt evn concentrate here sef
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol, nice move there. My question remains unanswered.

Oh, you did indirectly. You are responsible for that spanking. Unless you're also ready to admit that if the kid grows up be a good kid due to 'my' spanking, the I should take the kudos not you.
lol... You are trying to stoke some flames eh?
Glad you got the example. I literally was not the one that spanked him. I permitted such for the kid for his own good- that he would learn.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2013
Abeeeg atheists, I dey church...its not fair o...

Make una chill till 12 pm na

grin

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs: Abeeeg atheists, I dey church...its not fair o...

grin
lol... They sure should. My attention is not fully here sef.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by texanomaly(f): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs: Abeeeg atheists, I dey church...its not fair o...

grin
Hahahahahahahaha

smh
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs:

grin
D devil sought permission to attack Job, God boasting with Job said he should but not to touch his life, d devil now afflicted Job, and Job unlike Abraham changed his confession in line with what God has done. He was weak in faith, he allowed fear n circumstances around him change his confession, the children n all Job had was dear to him of course, d devil will attack that which you cherish, just to test your faith, dats wot he did...you would have asked me whether the suffering he went tru was immaterial considering the end of his story.

Abeg I dey church, cnt evn concentrate here sef
So the children were punished to test the faith of their father right? I don't get how you see this as a good thing, we are talking of innocent kids who did not have anything to do with the situation here.

Why can't Job be tested like that? Why kill others to test someone else and in the end you bring new ones like they were pieces in some game. Like they are disposable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Message To All Nigerian Pagan Youth / Ghanaian Pastor Claims TB Joshua Uses Human Blood To Please His “gods”(must See) / Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.