Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (32431 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Lilimax(f): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Just know that ...
-I believe in one God
-I believe in the Father, The Son and the Holyspirit- (The three are one).
-I believe in Hell - prepared for the sinners
-I believe in Heaven- Prepared for the righteous.
...I'm running my Christian race to meet my Saviour Jesus Christ on the last day.

ESCHATOLOGY Theology and its teaching will be a story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Austeenxx: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
When you die, your body decomposes, and forms part of the never ending natural cycle of life. You are not important as you would like to appear. No one cares about you. There's no heaven. There's no hell. God or gods doesn't exist either.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by creativemusic: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
interesting topic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by GhaliNaaba(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
But come to think of it. Are we saying trillions of people will ressurect to occupy the heart again? Wahala wa o.....
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
GhaliNaaba: But come to think of it. Are we saying trillions of people will ressurect to occupy the heart again? Wahala wa o.....

Yes, as silly as religion is, that is what it would have you believe. But sadly, your death is the end of your life cycle. If you are religious, this should be a legitimate reason for you to abandon it. It lacks reason. Would you be able to?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by olat4cash(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
[/color][b][/b][color=#000099]

Wow, so many pple with diff opinion and even with biblican verses backing dem up as U av stated here,which of dem sud we believe now
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
I Made FrontPage cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Read Ur Bible and ask the holyspirit 2 guide U.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
MEILYN: I Made FrontPage cheesy cheesy cheesy
lolz U made BackPage
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by MEILYN(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bossforeva: lolz U made BackPage
Oh, cant u see am the Op? tongue

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Austeenxx: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Well my religious doctrine says that anybody that kicks the bucket, on death, will be thrown into an icy well of eternal wäñkïñg. The entirety of the person's body will be rubbed with vaseline again and again and again and again.

Eternal wäñkïñg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by nora544: 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
They way many nigerian christian live no one will go tho heaven, because a christian life is more than run to church, fast and pray, give all you tithing to this most fake pastors.

When you live a christian life here on earth that is what god want from us, to show that we are christians, that we look at the poor, the children with no hope, the neighbor who need your help and that is not always money, the husband who didnot know how he can bring the money home in an country where he cannot work, but the wife she make her Phd there, she can work parttime but she has a heart of stone because she don't want to work, the woman who suffer at home because her husband beat her but the pastor will tell her please pray and fast and go down on your knees, and your husband will change.

A society where most of the christian have to faces is no christian country.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pesty100(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
I believe nobody knows what happens when we die because nobody has ever died and come back before
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by tayooluwole: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
chai...i don dieeee....see ao people they break analysis wth biblical underpinnin...me come they here no sabi one quotatn frm d bible...nd na d same heaven we they pursue ooooo.... God hv mearcy on me, i they envy dis people seriously....

2 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nobody goes to heaven until after the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. So all the pastors and prophet that her dead, they are not in heaven at all. The journey to heaven is just one trip with one driver. The driver is Jesus waiting for me and you.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by tayooluwole: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
chai...i don dieeee....see ao people they break analysis wth biblical underpinnin...me come they here no sabi one quotatn frm d bible...nd na d same heaven we they pursue ooooo.... God hv mercy on me, i they envy dis people seriously....
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by sylve11: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
nora544: They way many nigerian christian live no one will go tho heaven, because a christian life is more than run to church, fast and pray, give all you tithing to this most fake pastors.

When you live a christian life here on earth that is what god want from us, to show that we are christians, that we look at the poor, the children with no hope, the neighbor who need your help and that is not always money, the husband who didnot know how he can bring the money home in an country where he cannot work, but the wife she make her Phd there, she can work parttime but she has a heart of stone because she don't want to work, the woman who suffer at home because her husband beat her but the pastor will tell her please pray and fast and go down on your knees, and your husband will change.

A society where most of the christian have to faces is no christian country.

guy i for dash u 20k if to say i knw u face to face. cool
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by azibit: 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
1. After burial, the grave tightens up and presses the dead.

2. It presses the Muslim like a mother holds a child. It presses the Kaafir (infidel) to the extent of crushing them, like the left side bones end up on the right side.

3. When the people leave after burial, the dead hears the footsteps.

4. At that time, two Angels called Munkar and Nakeer come ripping through the earth. Their faces look very fearful and scary. Their bodies are black in colour. They have green and black eyes, which are very large in size popping out, like the Jinn's eyes and they are made of fire. Their hair is very scary and long from head to toe. Their teeth are very long with which they rip through the earth. They wake up the dead shaking and rattling them.

5. With great strength with a deep voice, they ask these three questions:

a. "MAN RABBUKA" meaning "Who is your Lord?"

b. "MAA DEENUKA" meaning "What is your religion?"

c. "MAA KUNTA TAQUL FEE HAJAR RAJL" meaning "What did you use to say about this person?"

If the dead person is a Muslim, he will reply as follows:

a. "RABBALLAH" – "My Lord is Allah."

b. "DEENIL ISLAM" – "My Religion is Islam."

c. "HUWA RASOOLULLAHE SALLALHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM" – "This is Allah's Messenger, He has been embraced with Allah Ta'ala's Mercy, greetings to him."

6. Now, a Voice from the skies will be heard saying: "My servant has said the truth. Lay the tablecloth of Paradise for him. Give him clothes from Paradise to wear and open the doors of Paradise (Jannat) for him." The cool air and the sweet fragrance of Jannat will continue to come and wherever the eyesight can reach, the grave will be made wide and large. Angels will say: "Sleep like a groom sleeps". All this will be for the good pious Muslims.

7. For the sinful, there will be punishment according to their sins.

8. This punishment will continue for a time. Then from the prayers of the pious or from "Esaale Sawaab" (good acts performed by people for the dead's forgiveness) or from prayers for their forgiveness or simply from the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala, this punishment will stop. Then, there will be relaxation.

9. If the dead is a Kaafir, then he will not be able to answer the questions and will say "HAA HAA LADRI" meaning "Shame for I know nothing'". Now a caller will shout: "He is a liar, lay the table-cloth of fire for him, and give him clothes of fire to wear and open the doors of Hell (Dozakh) for him, from which the heat of Hell will reach him." There will be two Angels allocated to him to give him punishment and will hit him with great big hammers. Big scorpions and snakes will also bite him. All different kinds of punishment will continue until the Day of Resurrection.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by tucee31: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
After death, you don't get to heven till afta d 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.
The dead in Christ will rise up 1st and be caught up in the air with Him. And those that are still alive will be caught up with Him too.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Osama10(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
First of all what are you people going to do in heaven?

Secondly since you believe that when you die now you would be in heaven, would it not be better if you pray for death to come now so that you would go to the heaven quick and leave this wicked world?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by extremelygolden: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
Maybe those who claimed to have died and resurrected will be in a better position to throw more light on this question. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by lekkie073(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Na wa for all these tales by moonlight sef angry
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by 25Calibre(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
As a Christian myself, I'm at a point where I'm beginning to question the relevance of religion, the reality of God, Heaven or hell.

But I must say according to the bible, after death, a soul either goes to HEAVEN or HELL, then during the rapture, the souls dead in Christ shall rise first, meaning their mortal bodies transformed into immortal celestial bodies, shall rise to be reunited with their souls in heaven.

Then the sinners who missed the rapture will face the great tribulation for 7 years ( especially the 2nd 3.5 years )after which Jesus and his saints shall return to this world for the millennial reign, then only shall satan be bound hands and legs and thrown into the bottomless pit.

After the millennial reign, then comes the GREAT WHITE THROWN JUDGEMENT where every man shall stand ( even the occupants of hell brought out ) and give account if his life, the goats Separated from the sheeps, the saints admitted into heaven for eternal bliss, the sinners thrown into THE LAKE OF HELL for eternal damnation

This actually known as the study of eschatology.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Having read all ur opinion first I would say death is not a route to heaven, just as the story of lazarus and the rich man they were in the same region buh were divided by a gulf, and hell is not flamly or fire rather a place of thirst, the unbeliver goes to the lower region while the beliver is at the upper region, which is abrahams bossom to wait for the second coming of christ, every one that fire burnt on earth the fire will vomit him back everyone that the sea swallowed the sea will vomit him back Why?because ur body is a material for ressurection and transfiguration, that's why death is a shadow,nobody dies and go to heaven prove in both enoch and elijah ,so my dear friend Jesus himself proved it when he said I am the resurrection and the life, enoch moses and elijah plus adam to the people Jesus raised when he was going to heaven all in heaven ,matt 27 vs 51 -53 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many., he freed them from the chains of hell yet they need there body for the final exit, that's why ur body is also a holy material which must not be termpared or tatooed,u are not just dust buh that is a material of your creation which must also be used for transfiguration. So our prayer should be we partake of the first resurrection and not all we sleep many of us on earth we see jesus come back that what he meant by in matt 16 vs 28 .Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.he was speaking into the future
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by zivility: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
here it is - Judgement is not a point in time it is a 'be-ing'. at every hr, min or sec u are judged! thats y wen u offend somebody u feel disturbed inside; likewise when u show kindness u feel uplifted. At physical death the state of your judgement determines whether u are put on the path to paradise or the drift to hell. the difference between life after physical death and now is the physical body. it is the factor that lets good and evil stay side by side - the material weight. beyond this material world The Power of creation is more distinct; pulling all that is good nearer and pushing all evil towards iminent destruction (hell). sorry you wont find this in the Bible. but like Jesus said: do not be like babes that take only milk! seek and you shall find.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
azibit: 1. After burial, the grave tightens up and presses the dead.

2. It presses the Muslim like a mother holds a child. It presses the Kaafir (infidel) to the extent of crushing them, like the left side bones end up on the right side.

3. When the people leave after burial, the dead hears the footsteps.

4. At that time, two Angels called Munkar and Nakeer come ripping through the earth. Their faces look very fearful and scary. Their bodies are black in colour. They have green and black eyes, which are very large in size popping out, like the Jinn's eyes and they are made of fire. Their hair is very scary and long from head to toe. Their teeth are very long with which they rip through the earth. They wake up the dead shaking and rattling them.

5. With great strength with a deep voice, they ask these three questions:

a. "MAN RABBUKA" meaning "Who is your Lord?"

b. "MAA DEENUKA" meaning "What is your religion?"

c. "MAA KUNTA TAQUL FEE HAJAR RAJL" meaning "What did you use to say about this person?"

If the dead person is a Muslim, he will reply as follows:

a. "RABBALLAH" – "My Lord is Allah."

b. "DEENIL ISLAM" – "My Religion is Islam."

c. "HUWA RASOOLULLAHE SALLALHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM" – "This is Allah's Messenger, He has been embraced with Allah Ta'ala's Mercy, greetings to him."

6. Now, a Voice from the skies will be heard saying: "My servant has said the truth. Lay the tablecloth of Paradise for him. Give him clothes from Paradise to wear and open the doors of Paradise (Jannat) for him." The cool air and the sweet fragrance of Jannat will continue to come and wherever the eyesight can reach, the grave will be made wide and large. Angels will say: "Sleep like a groom sleeps". All this will be for the good pious Muslims.

7. For the sinful, there will be punishment according to their sins.

8. This punishment will continue for a time. Then from the prayers of the pious or from "Esaale Sawaab" (good acts performed by people for the dead's forgiveness) or from prayers for their forgiveness or simply from the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala, this punishment will stop. Then, there will be relaxation.

9. If the dead is a Kaafir, then he will not be able to answer the questions and will say "HAA HAA LADRI" meaning "Shame for I know nothing'". Now a caller will shout: "He is a liar, lay the table-cloth of fire for him, and give him clothes of fire to wear and open the doors of Hell (Dozakh) for him, from which the heat of Hell will reach him." There will be two Angels allocated to him to give him punishment and will hit him with great big hammers. Big scorpions and snakes will also bite him. All different kinds of punishment will continue until the Day of Resurrection.

Sounds like a chapter of a fantasy novel. Except, you're delusional. You must have an IQ of 30 to believe in such nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Classicalman(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
obadiah777: i believe this verse would solve all the confusion sire

ecclesiastes 12 vs 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

nobody goes to heaven till after the second coming
The bible quotation is right. But let me add that man is made up of BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT. When we die, our spirit goes back to God from whence it came, the body goes back to the dust and the Soul goes to either Heaven or Hell.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Classicalman: The bible quotation is right. But let me add that man is made up of BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT. When we die, our spirit goes back to God from whence it came, the body goes back to the dust and the Soul goes to either Heaven or Hell.

You are a liar and ignorant. Your body decomposes when you die, and that it for your life cycle. Can you provide evidence to support that heaven & hell exist? Or your body is made up of the three nonsense you mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.