Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (31665 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Classicalman(m): 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
azibit: 1. After burial, the grave tightens up and presses the dead.

2. It presses the Muslim like a mother holds a child. It presses the Kaafir (infidel) to the extent of crushing them, like the left side bones end up on the right side.

3. When the people leave after burial, the dead hears the footsteps.

4. At that time, two Angels called Munkar and Nakeer come ripping through the earth. Their faces look very fearful and scary. Their bodies are black in colour. They have green and black eyes, which are very large in size popping out, like the Jinn's eyes and they are made of fire. Their hair is very scary and long from head to toe. Their teeth are very long with which they rip through the earth. They wake up the dead shaking and rattling them.

5. With great strength with a deep voice, they ask these three questions:

a. "MAN RABBUKA" meaning "Who is your Lord?"

b. "MAA DEENUKA" meaning "What is your religion?"

c. "MAA KUNTA TAQUL FEE HAJAR RAJL" meaning "What did you use to say about this person?"

If the dead person is a Muslim, he will reply as follows:

a. "RABBALLAH" – "My Lord is Allah."

b. "DEENIL ISLAM" – "My Religion is Islam."

c. "HUWA RASOOLULLAHE SALLALHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM" – "This is Allah's Messenger, He has been embraced with Allah Ta'ala's Mercy, greetings to him."

6. Now, a Voice from the skies will be heard saying: "My servant has said the truth. Lay the tablecloth of Paradise for him. Give him clothes from Paradise to wear and open the doors of Paradise (Jannat) for him." The cool air and the sweet fragrance of Jannat will continue to come and wherever the eyesight can reach, the grave will be made wide and large. Angels will say: "Sleep like a groom sleeps". All this will be for the good pious Muslims.

7. For the sinful, there will be punishment according to their sins.

8. This punishment will continue for a time. Then from the prayers of the pious or from "Esaale Sawaab" (good acts performed by people for the dead's forgiveness) or from prayers for their forgiveness or simply from the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala, this punishment will stop. Then, there will be relaxation.

9. If the dead is a Kaafir, then he will not be able to answer the questions and will say "HAA HAA LADRI" meaning "Shame for I know nothing'". Now a caller will shout: "He is a liar, lay the table-cloth of fire for him, and give him clothes of fire to wear and open the doors of Hell (Dozakh) for him, from which the heat of Hell will reach him." There will be two Angels allocated to him to give him punishment and will hit him with great big hammers. Big scorpions and snakes will also bite him. All different kinds of punishment will continue until the Day of Resurrection.
So you are saying that once you are a muslim you will eventually go to heaven despite your actions on earth? I guess also that the perpetrators of the september 11 attacks which killed over 3000 people will just be given a slap in d wrist by your god and then released to al janah/paradise thereafter? Na wah o! Some people can really believe anything.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013

2. It presses the Muslim like a mother holds a child. It presses the Kaafir (infidel) to the extent of crushing them, like the left side bones end up on the right side.

4. At that time, two Angels called Munkar and Nakeer come ripping through the earth. Their faces look very fearful and scary. Their bodies are black in colour. They have green and black eyes, which are very large in size popping out, like the Jinn's eyes and they are made of fire. Their hair is very scary and long from head to toe. Their teeth are very long with which they rip through the earth. They wake up the dead shaking and rattling them.

c. "MAA KUNTA TAQUL FEE HAJAR RAJL" meaning "What did you use to say about this person?"

c. "HUWA RASOOLULLAHE SALLALHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM" – "This is Allah's Messenger, He has been embraced with Allah Ta'ala's Mercy, greetings to him."

6. Now, a Voice from the skies will be heard saying: "My servant has said the truth. Lay the tablecloth of Paradise for him. Give him clothes from Paradise to wear and open the doors of Paradise (Jannat) for him." The cool air and the sweet fragrance of Jannat will continue to come and wherever the eyesight can reach, the grave will be made wide and large. Angels will say: "Sleep like a groom sleeps". All this will be for the good pious Muslims.

8. This punishment will continue for a time. Then from the prayers of the pious or from "Esaale Sawaab" (good acts performed by people for the dead's forgiveness) or from prayers for their forgiveness or simply from the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala, this punishment will stop. Then, there will be relaxation.

9. If the dead is a Kaafir, then he will not be able to answer the questions and will say "HAA HAA LADRI" meaning "Shame for I know nothing'". Now a caller will shout: "He is a liar, lay the table-cloth of fire for him, and give him clothes of fire to wear and open the doors of Hell (Dozakh) for him, from which the heat of Hell will reach him." There will be two Angels allocated to him to give him punishment and will hit him with great big hammers. Big scorpions and snakes will also bite him. All different kinds of punishment will continue until the Day of Resurrection.

God bless U. I am a muslim and this account of the grave scares me like hell. May Allah in His infinite mercies forgive us all but astagafirlah,on the other hand,is there truly hellfire. I understand dont and wouldn't compromise His standards but don't U think the concept of hellfire overrules that of destiny. If everything in life was written or say destined by God,then whats the logic behind hellfire and heaven,whats the justification?

For example; Adolf Hitler right from the moment he was conceived in his mother's womb, God's destined him to be evil anf commit all sorts of crime against humanity. Why would God deliberately now want to punish Adolf for acting scripts He directed,for living a life he was destined to live?

Then,it baffles me why some people are chosen and some are cursed.. what exactly is the motive behind life? What is the driving force?

It doesnt matter your religion,I need someone to help ne out here

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Least did I say , God know his sheep, not one will he loose, before creation God has known the exact number he has , he is a God who knws the end from the beginning, john 10 25 -27 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. So pray to be one of his sheep that the must important and pray for his kingdom to come.

Concerning rapture no sinner will be alive the Glory of jesus wish kill or perish them that have not eaten the hidden manna, the word , all unbeliever will die at the touch of the glory, only believers will be transfigured by the touch of that glory, to rule a 1000yrs which is a day to God,
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by phayvoursky(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
iv not died before, so I dont know...
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by 25Calibre(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2013

Lols this is one of the funniest stories I've read this year, what about the 72 virgins Allah promised to all jihadist, aren't they included in the package?

2 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Uclloyd28(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
What will one have 2 do to make heaven please? Going by what I've been told, majority of people won't make heaven and if that's the case, why did Christ shed his blood for our sins then. I really need answers please
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Classicalman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
pof600:

You are a liar and ignorant. Your body decomposes when you die, and that it for your life cycle. Can you provide evidence to support that heaven & hell exist? Or your body is made up of the three nonsense you mentioned?
Mr boy, i said the individual is made up of these 3 entities and not that they are part of the body. I'm not saying it for atheists like you to begin arguing with or not because your minds have already been sold to the devil. My prayer is that God one day reveals his light of truth to you before it is late.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by infiniteloop(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2013

Really?! Interesting.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
MEILYN: I heard conflicting opinions. Someone said that the spirit will be absent from the body and be present with the Lord, yet others say that you "sleep" in the grave until the resurrection. Others say the spirit will goto the spirit prison until judgment day, while some say after death is judgment, ur spirit goes to heaven or hell.

What your take?

My Guy!! Just goes to show you how complicated and twisted the Bible is

Here is one interesting story in the bible; That is the story of Lazarus.. Luke 16:19-31. Here are some extracts from that passage;

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.

Notice here that Lazarus was instantly taken up to heaven as soon as he passed..

Now here is another passage from the book of 1st Thesselonians 4:16

King James Bible
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

And the dead in Christ shall rise first... Now this passage points to ressurection happening only when the Trumpet sounds a.k.a the second Coming of Jesus..

Meanwhile in the book of Luke 23:43.. Heres what Jesus told the other criminal on the cross;

Luke 23:43
New International Version (NIV)

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Meaning that the criminal went straight to heaven on that fateful day now known as Easter...

But John 5: 28.29 says

John 5:28,29 “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”

Meaning that the time for Heaven and Hell is yet to come...

Meanwhile... Heres what Ecclesiatics 9:5 - 6 has to say about death;

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
King James Version (KJV)

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Now if this is saying that the dead know not anything, doesnt that contracdict the whole point of the afterlife|heaven|& hell?! It even says that they have no more portion in anything this is done under the sun..

Infact, heres what verse 10 of the same chapter of Ecclesiastes says;

Ecclesiastes 9:10
King James Version (KJV)

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

No knowledge, No wisdom in the grave! Hmmm... So if I will have no knowledge in the grave, whats the point of scaring me with hell that I wouldnt even know of?!

[b]SUMMARY::This question has no answers as far as the bible is concerned.. Some parts of the bible says 'It is appointed unto a man once to odie, and after that judgement'. But we have people who claim to have died and resurected from the grave after some days.. Infact, Jesus raised several people from the dead in the bible.. Now the question is, where those people he raised from the dead already in Heaven or Hell when he respawned them?! MEANWHILE:: Other parts of the same bible says that until after the Second coming, Rapture, The Great Tribulation & Judgement day, everybody will remain locked 6-feet beneath the surface.. Even Jesus didnt go to heaven after crusifixion until the 3rd day when he rose up and floted into heaven.. Then What about Prophet ELijah that went straight to heaven in a flaming chariot?! What about the Todays Christians who keep claiming to have died and gone to heaven and even seen people that they recognized.. How does this tally with the scriptures according to Ecclesisates?!

The Bible is just a twisted book, for twisted people with twisted minds.. grin[/b]
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Uclloyd28: What will one have 2 do to make heaven please? Going by what I've been told, majority of people won't make heaven and if that's the case, why did Christ shed his blood for our sins then. I really need answers please

I'm sorry to inform you heaven doesn't exist. That is the true reality. Anything else is not true. You stand better chance of living a very happy life than a miserable deluded person if you manage to reject religion. Heaven & hell doesn't exist.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by phayvoursky(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2013

ABEG. WHERE DID U HEAR THIS KIND STORY... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.hohohohohohho hehehehehehehehehehe kikikikikikikikikikiik
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
sanniemoe:

God bless U. I am a muslim and this account of the grave scares me like hell. May Allah in His infinite mercies forgive us all but astagafirlah,on the other hand,is there truly hellfire. I understand dont and wouldn't compromise His standards but don't U think the concept of hellfire overrules that of destiny. If everything in life was written or say destined by God,then whats the logic behind hellfire and heaven,whats the justification?

For example; Adolf Hitler right from the moment he was conceived in his mother's womb, God's destined him to be evil anf commit all sorts of crime against humanity. Why would God deliberately now want to punish Adolf for acting scripts He directed,for living a life he was destined to live?

Then,it baffles me why some people are chosen and some are cursed.. what exactly is the motive behind life? What is the driving force?

It doesnt matter your religion,I need someone to help ne out here

To answer you my brother first there are the children of the kingdom and the children of darkeness, the children of the kingdom are desendants while those of darkness are acsendants from the pit of hell a will desend back there while the children of the kingdom will acsend back to where they desended from, now aldof was not a desendant but an acsendant, Jesus is the only way the truth and the life, he knows his sheep, for example u are a farmer and u planted corn buh only to find out that there are weeds also buh did u plant them ? No buh u just discovered they grew along with your corn then at the end of the day u hrvest ut corn and burnt the weeds, that's how it is for the children of God and the children of darkness u can read matt 13 vs 24 -30 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Katier00(f): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pleasant stream: Just as he has said Ecclesiastes 12:7 shed light on this matter.
Believers read and interpret their bible upside down.
When a man dies his thoughts ends his spirit returns to God who gave it. In your spirit is the storage of all your life activities in life which God will use to judge us. Then your real self your soul will go to sleep a situation of unconsciousness not hell or heaven rather you are sleeping. I think in the first book of Acts Peter was telling the people that David is in the grave waiting for resurrection . Then your body will decay and return to dust.
Then at the return of Christ every bit of your will recompose back and the spirit of God will reenter you and you will wake up and our body will change and put on exactly the same body that Christ had when he resurrected .That is immortal body.
There is no place in the bible it says we r going to heaven.
We are staying here this where Christ will rule on earth not heaven. He will return and we shall reign with him on earth for 1,000 years .
see process o
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by SwTonia(f): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Talking abt death i lost ma sister yastaday
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pleasant stream: Just as he has said Ecclesiastes 12:7 shed light on this matter.
Believers read and interpret their bible upside down.
When a man dies his thoughts ends his spirit returns to God who gave it. In your spirit is the storage of all your life activities in life which God will use to judge us. Then your real self your soul will go to sleep a situation of unconsciousness not hell or heaven rather you are sleeping. I think in the first book of Acts Peter was telling the people that David is in the grave waiting for resurrection . Then your body will decay and return to dust.
Then at the return of Christ every bit of your will recompose back and the spirit of God will reenter you and you will wake up and our body will change and put on exactly the same body that Christ had when he resurrected .That is immortal body.
There is no place in the bible it says we r going to heaven.
We are staying here this where Christ will rule on earth not heaven. He will return and we shall reign with him on earth for 1,000 years .

You are right about the fact that the majority of mankind will stay here right on earth. But that Christ will rule here on earth and not in heaven is a very big error. Christ's throne will be firmly established in heaven and in the company of the 144,000 (people who have been chosen from the human race), Christ will rule over mankind on earth. It is at this period that mankind shall be returned to the state of perfection. This rule will last for a thousand years.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by sureway1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Azibit Azibit Azibit...
how many times did l called you?
stop taking alomo and lgbo at a go under hot sun...it dangerous and affect human reasoning..
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
leorayvon:

To answer you my brother first there are the children of the kingdom and the children of darkeness, the children of the kingdom are desendants while those of darkness are acsendants from the pit of hell a will desend back there while the children of the kingdom will acsend back to where they desended from, now aldof was not a desendant but an acsendant, Jesus is the only way the truth and the life, he knows his sheep, for example u are a farmer and u planted corn buh only to find out that there are weeds also buh did u plant them ? No buh u just discovered they grew along with your corn then at the end of the day u hrvest ut corn and burnt the weeds, that's how it is for the children of God and the children of darkness u can read matt 13 vs 24 -30 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Who are the children of darkness and who made that their destiny? Who are the children of light and who made that their destiny? You paint the scenario as if some are born destined to be children of darkness. I think that is very wrong.

As for the verses that you quoted, I can guarantee that you do not even understand the meaning of the verses themselves. If you did you would realize that you have just misapplied it.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by BobUg1: 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Heaven is real and hell fire is real too....beware u atheist!!!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Osoldier: 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
belabela:

There is nothing symbolic about what Jesus said there just a truth. Consider carefully the sentence " there is a certain man named Lazarus" is just like saying "there is a certain man named Seun Osewa smiley". When Jesus gave illustration you hear sentences such as "there is a certain King who had two servants" Jesus even went on to talk about Abraham.... he was narrating was happened.

You also seem to confuse Hades ( where you have hell and paradise) with heaven (where God dwells). I have consistently mention on nairaland that there are only three men (Enoch, Elijah and Jesus) said to have ascended to heaven and arguably four (Enoch, Elijah, Moses and Jesus). Even at that other theologians argued that only Jesus has ever been to heaven. They claim that transfiguration is a vision of a future occurrence and that Enoch must have died since Hebrews 11;13 says "These all died in faith, not having received the promises,". Historical records are also used to prove that Elijah was only transported to another location just like Philip. Whatever is the case, heaven is the throne of God and the souls of the dead do not go there.

please, can you xeplain the part that say in my father house dere are many mansion, have where i leave dere u will leave

Heaven is where God dwells, from whence Jesus came and returned. Jesus himself did not return to heaven until 40 days after his resurrection. Do not confuse paradise with heaven. The bible never promised us that we will go to heaven where God dwells rather it says consistently that we will resurrect to live on earth and Christ will descend from heaven to live with us and reign over us as King. Even the new Jerusalem will descend as recorded in the book of revelation 21. This is the teaching of all Christians from the time of Christ..hence you hear Maranatha...Christ is coming soon. The heresy of rapture ( disappearance did not start to be taught in the christian church until some few decades ago). It has no basis in scripture yet it sounds good just as what you are propagating about souls being unconscious.

Did you read Revealtions 6: 9-11 at all?. Did you not read what the dead souls were saying? did you not read they were told to rest? And you think the unconscious soul does talk? Do you think the soul of Jesus was unconscious for three days when he died? The body is unconscious cos it is dead but the soul is alive.

Do you know what the bible call speaking to the dead? You think the dead is unconscious but they can speak? Even the bible admits that it is possible to do so. This is no fiction. Saul spoke to Samuel after his death. God will say I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... you think He is the God of some unconscious souls?... my brother think again.

If you speak to ex-occult members or even current occult members, depending on their rank in Satanism..they will tell you plainly that humans even engage in soul travel..and the soul that travel is very conscious in that realm.

When a man dies, his spirit returns to the Lord, yet he has a soul which is him...which doesn't die as you have seen in scriptures....which Jesus described but you decide to dismiss as symbolic. And when Jesus talks about the fire of hell...you think he was being symbolic?....when he says the rich man went straight to hell ...you think he was being symbolic? When he himself said he was going to paradise....you think he was being symbolic? when he promised a thief that they will meet on thesame day in paradise....you think Jesus was being symbolic? When Jesus showed John what happens to the souls of faithful saints being martyred...and he saw them crying out to God....you think that is being symbolic too?

if you decide to read some non-canonical books such as the book of Enoch...you will see thesame record of all the spirits of the dead (also called souls) crying out to the Lord.

Don't be deceived by new age teachers who specialise in misinterpreting the gospel by presenting a different God and Jesus unto men. Men who think God is wicked and unjust....who in their folly think God cannot destroy men with fire...men who have considered themselves more compassionate than God....who have often accuse God of wickedness....and in their frustration dismiss His entire existence. Hell is real, paradise is real...Heaven is real, God is real and God is not a man. He does destroy and he will destroy....he had destroyed the first world with water.....He will yet destroy the world for the second time with fire. He is compassionate, slow to anger ( not that he doesn't get angry..oh he does!). He hates sin and every sinner....yet he reaches out to sinners in order to save them...but if they refuse to repent or die in their sin. God will destroy them and He will always be right! He who has an ear let him ear!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by akpos4uall(m): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
This link has more light on this question as well as several quotes stated already www.roadtobetterliving.com/HTML/StateOfDead.html
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by salt1: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
SwTonia: Talking abt death i lost ma sister yastaday

Just yesterday? So sorry about your loss, my dear! May God console you and your family.
I just whispered a prayer on your behalf
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by dionflex: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
VISIT HTTP://NAIJAGUYZBASE.ML FOR LATEST STUFFS ON FREE BROWSING. INCLUDING THE LATEST AIRTEL 1.6GB WIT 100NAIRA JST CLICK THE LINK TO GET THESE FOR FREE
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by HUGES: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
There is no time in the spirit realm (so like the bible will say, a 1000yrs in our world wld b lik jst a day in God's eyes). So I think my ppl who have died many yrs ago will think they jst blinked their eyes in a sleep wen God's judgement day comes, jst lik u sleep for abt 5 - 7hrs and wen u wake it looks like u jst close ur eyes and opend it. Dat's cos u loosed consiousness wen u sleep. So I dont think one can ever fully fathom spiritual things using human understanding. Even apostle Paul said "we know in part" and those things we know are the things that please God to reveal in us mostly thru scriptures but also thru revelations.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by salt1: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
pof600:

I'm sorry to inform you heaven doesn't exist. That is the true reality. Anything else is not true. You stand better chance of living a very happy life than a miserable deluded person if you manage to reject religion. Heaven & hell doesn't exist.

You are wrong dear. Even your conscience tells you that man is more than a physical being.

And who told you that my faith makes me miserable? Go and read as much as you can on research. Those who have faith in God have been found to be happier, more focused people with better quality relationships and support networks. They also cope better with life's frustrations and are not prone to suicide.

And to add to this is the hope of a paradise to go after here! Talk of bumper return on investment! Can't think of anything better!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Sagamite(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
It appears you will be sitting at the gates of heaven for another billion years waiting for the world to end and judgement day.

That heaven must be worth the long wait. grin
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by salt1: 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Uclloyd28: What will one have 2 do to make heaven please? Going by what I've been told, majority of people won't make heaven and if that's the case, why did Christ shed his blood for our sins then. I really need answers please

You're right. Many people will not accept God's offer but don't be discouraged for Jesus said there are many mansions. The steps as outlined in the Bible are very simple
1. accept you are a sinner
2. Confess those sins to God with a determination not to go back to them again. That means you promise God on your knees that you will not do those evil deeds again
3. Receive God's offer of mercy offered in jesus name. Don't think your sins are so many or so hideous that God cannot forgive you
4. As you pray with a broken and repentant heart, God will lift the condemnation you feel and replace it with peace and joy. You will know that you have been forgiven because you will literally hate to do anything that will hurt God. If you were a chain smoker, the smell of cigarette will be nauseous to you.
Try it! You can kneel by your bedside this night and pray the prayer of the publican: God be merciful to me, a sinner! God will forgive you and you will know it
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by salt1: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sagamite: It appears you will be sitting at the gates of heaven for another billion years waiting for the world to end and judgement day.

That heaven must be worth the long wait. grin

The heaven described in the Bible is cheap at any price! Even if I have to wait for a billion years to get in there, it will be more than worth the wait
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by johnnyblakes(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Fili_Dei: @ OP,

The Catholic Church teaches that those with mortal sins go to eternal damnation; those without any unforgiven sin or unsatisfied temporal punishment go to heaven; those with venial sins (not mortal) and unsatisfied temporal punishment go to purgatory to be purged for their final entrance into heaven.

If you'll listen...
i hate catholic teachings
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by irokobest(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
MEILYN: this is blasphemy. Prove it 4rm the Bible?

The dead will remain silent and unconscious in the grave until the time of resurrection, which is the act of
God Almighty in bringing the dead back to life. It is for the purpose of securing for man the privilege of
resurrection that Christ came, died and rose again. Resurrection is the basis of the Christian faith. (1
Corinthians 15: 12-22)
Thousands of years ago, Job, a prophet of God declared: "O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that
thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and
remember me!" (Job 14:13) He then posed the question: "IF A MAN DIE, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN?" He
followed up with the answer. "ALL THE DAYS OF MY APPOINTED TIME WILL I WAIT, TILL MY CHANGE
COME." (Job 14:14, 15) The "change" spoken of by Job is the resurrection. The period Job must wait
"until his change comes" is the period of death. In other words the dead must wait in the grave until the
resurrection. (Job 17:13-16). This contrasts with reincarnation, transmigration and similar teachings
which imply a continuous life which never really ceases.www.mountaingks.org
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
princefunmi:

Who are the children of darkness and who made that their destiny? Who are the children of light and who made that their destiny? You paint the scenario as if some are born destined to be children of darkness. I think that is very wrong.

As for the verses that you quoted, I can guarantee that you do not even understand the meaning of the verses themselves. If you did you would realize that you have just misapplied it.

If ur understand jer 1 vs 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations., see before the creation of the world God already saw how the end of time will be,he knew the number of his children matt 10 vs 29 excatly what God told Adam, matt 10 :29 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. And luke 21 : 18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish., if u don't see were am coming from then u will think I missinterpert, God who for knew you he predestines, satans plan is to take a large part of God children to lake of fire with him , God who is all knowing then allow tares to grow also to deceive the devil so the devil will think its Gods people he is deceving, if u know GOD eheen , you will know that nothing takes him un awares just as jesus said to some people in john 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:44-45
King James Version (KJV)
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
You will also ask y did jesus say they are from beneth and who destined them!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by CAPTIVATOR: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Osama10: First of all what are you people going to do in heaven?

Secondly since you believe that when you die now you would be in heaven, would it not be better if you pray for death to come now so that you would go to the heaven quick and leave this wicked world?
....MY BRO....DATS D FAKE LIE DAT PASTORS NWADAYS GIVE TO PEOPLE WHEN INDEED D BIBLE SHOWS DAT ONLY 144,000 are going to Heaven nd dey are to Rule as kings with Jesus Christ(Rev 5:9,10; 20:4)...While d remanin Earth Population dat are QUALIFIED to be ressurected will b on earth(Psalm 72:7,8 ;Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 9:6,7; Matthew 5:5) In Gods new Paradise On Earth (Matthew 6:9,10; Revelation 21:3-5)
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by salt1: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
pof600: Sadly, there's no hell & heaven. Your little god in the sky doesn't exist either. People with low IQ are more likely to be religious than people with high IQ. Now this is not a coincidence is it?

People with far higher IQ than you believed what you now believe but experience has taught them better and they have eaten their words

I will be waiting as this unique experience happens to you too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Ghanaian Police Commander Orders SCOAN To Host Activities In Bigger Venues / TB Joshua: "The Prayers Of Americans Reversed My Prophesy On US Election"(Video) / Christ Embassy Music Director In Court For Kidnapping Female Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.