Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,904 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (32439 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by victorv12(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Truth is an extremely heavy word. Truth then and truth now are completely different things. There are atleast two different types of truth.

Personal truth: What someone personally believes/feels is right.

Scientific truth: A fact that can be proven through the most up to date scientific recordings.

Thousands of years ago, scientific truth was not a factor, in this manner, it makes personal truth the only type of truth that exists. Somewhere along the line, one man, instead of lying, actually believed that heaven was in the clouds, and hell beneath earth's surface, waiting to torment those who are evil. These are the personal beliefs based on concrete landmarks, passed down to bring the story of heaven and hell, into reality.

Going to heaven and hell or death is a misconception that only exists in the mind of the uninformed. When the body dies, he's really dead, his soul dies with it. There's no God, heaven or hell!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by johnnyblakes(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
princefunmi:

You are right about the fact that the majority of mankind will stay here right on earth. But that Christ will rule here on earth and not in heaven is a very big error. Christ's throne will be firmly established in heaven and in the company of the 144,000 (people who have been chosen from the human race), Christ will rule over mankind on earth. It is at this period that mankind shall be returned to the state of perfection. This rule will last for a thousand years.

jehova withness tins

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
salt 1:
The heaven described in the Bible is cheap at any price! Even if I have to wait for a billion years to get in there, it will be more than worth the wait

Why do you think it would be worth it?

What is there?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
25Calibre: As a Christian myself, I'm at a point where I'm beginning to question the relevance of religion, the reality of God, Heaven or hell.

But I must say according to the bible, after death, a soul either goes to HEAVEN or HELL, then during the rapture, the souls dead in Christ shall rise first, meaning their mortal bodies transformed into immortal celestial bodies, shall rise to be reunited with their souls in heaven.

Then the sinners who missed the rapture will face the great tribulation for 7 years ( especially the 2nd 3.5 years )after which Jesus and his saints shall return to this world for the millennial reign, then only shall satan be bound hands and legs and thrown into the bottomless pit.

After the millennial reign, then comes the GREAT WHITE THROWN JUDGEMENT where every man shall stand ( even the occupants of hell brought out ) and give account if his life, the goats Separated from the sheeps, the saints admitted into heaven for eternal bliss, the sinners thrown into THE LAKE OF HELL for eternal damnation

This actually known as the study of eschatology.

So the new earth is irrelevant?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by CAPTIVATOR: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=sanniemoe]

God bless U. I am a muslim and this account of the grave scares me like hell. May Allah in His infinite mercies forgive us all but astagafirlah,on the other hand,is there truly hellfire. I understand dont and wouldn't compromise His standards but don't U think the concept of hellfire overrules that of destiny. If everything in life was written or say destined by God,then whats the logic behind hellfire and heaven,whats the justification?

For example; Adolf Hitler right from .......My Gud Bro, am a christian nd d Bible Teaches dat "God is Love" nd moreover we are not destined by God coz we are Neva made Like Robot dat as being Programmed...But He Gave Us freewill to chose between doin rite nd wrong(John 3:16, Philipians 2:12) for practical: From d way the Almighty God made us...ok U can decide to read dis post or ignore nd infact U can decide to do wrong or right. "GOD IS LOVE" HE NEVA PROGRAMMED SOME PEOPLE TO DO GUD ND SOME WRONG...NEVA COZ HE IS NOT WICKED(JOB 34:10)
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
GhaliNaaba: But come to think of it. Are we saying trillions of people will ressurect to occupy the Earth again? Wahala wa o.....

I wonder.

Maybe God has created extra space on Mars for them to sit or some people would have to be sea dwellers. grin

It would be one cramped environment while waiting before God finally evacuates his "sinless" and "righteous" ones. grin
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by HUGES: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
Uclloyd28: What will one have 2 do to make heaven please? Going by what I've been told, majority of people won't make heaven and if that's the case, why did Christ shed his blood for our sins then. I really need answers please
Lolzzz. Bros no be Jesus fault oh, na d way he see d grip of sin on man make am come shed Him blood. But I am afraid that in our generation it's no longer d grip od sin on humanity I think it's now d other way round -d man of dis generation has boldly decieded to hug sin tight and ignore d consequuences. But to answer ur question, dnt let anybody tell u who will or who will not enter heaven. Jst walk with the Holy Spirit of God on a daily basics. Follow His instructions like a tourist in a zoo will lean on d guide of the zoo keeper to remain safe. If u believe in God and d Holy Spirit, then u already knw u are in a faith walk, so talk with Him daily in prayer (actually like u are talking wit ur closest friend and read d scriptures too cos some times He might want to communicate to u frm sometin already in d bible. Always put Him in d picture when u are confused. Be consistent with Him and u will enjoy d rshp. He is d only one that can convict u when u are derailing and u will knw wen He those. In d same vain He's d only one who can assure u that u are heaven bound. Take it from me God is real, not cos one pastor says so, cos I have experiences that are proofs.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
SwTonia: Talking abt death i lost ma sister yastaday

Sorry dear
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by HUGES: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
SwTonia: Talking abt death i lost ma sister yastaday
If it's any consolation dear, I share in ur grief. Dont mean to embarass u if u dont believe in God, but as someone who does, I see d death of a loved one as an opportunity given to us by d grace of God to reflect and understand that ours is a continuosly falling world that is heading for a crash, and that a new life and realm that doesn't make use of d coat of flesh has been prepare for those who love God and walk according to His purpose.
Once again vry sorry 4 d loss.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
CAPTIVATOR: TO UNDERSTAND THIS PART....LETS LOOK AT WHAT THE BIBLE TEACH:
Its Heartwarming that the Bible tells us abt the Condition of the dead in Ecclesistiess 9:5 which says "But as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all" WHICH SHOWS D DEAD KNOWS NOTHING....Just as Lazarus is NEVA written to go to anywhere when he die during his Unconscious period in the Tomb..Infact He himself Neva Gave a picture of Heaven after he was resurrected.
But at this point somone may say Wat abt d SPIRIT? The word translated "Spirit" in d Bible also
[b]
E.O.D

u v said it just the way it is in the bible.
i recommend these scriptures as well to every designing mind to read with an open mind.
ECCLESIASTES 9:5,6 - tells us about the condition of the dead.
JOHN 11:23-25 - martha told jesus that she knows that her dead brother lazarus will rise on the resurrection day and not that he has gone somewhere else (hell nor heaven).

Christ called out to lazarus in a loud voice and he came back to life and the bible did not say he called him back from heaven nor hell and why do the dead need resurrection since the good ones according to some interpretations goes to heaven when they die and the bad guys goes to hell at death then the idea of resurrection becomes unnecessary since they go to either heaven or hell at death.
JOHN 5:25.

REV 20:13- and the sea gave up those dead in it and death and hades gave up those dead in them and they were judged individually according to their deeds. (this bible verse is very interesting as well).

the breath of life is the force that makes us living souls and that force stops at death and it is found in all living things i.e, when we kill a fowl, fish , goat or cow- u notice that they struggle for a while before they eventually stop moving- that is the force of life that is seizing at that point in time which most interpretations likens to spirits that goes out which means animals too do have them and were do their own spirit go to at death? heaven i guess abi? lol.

if u cut off the tail of a lizard, u notice that it will dangle for a while before it stops- its the force of life in it that creates such situation and it is found in all living things and when that forces seizes then one becomes a dead soul and thus becomes conscious of nothing and all thoughts parishes.[/b]
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by denitro(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
The righteous and the wicked are separated as they depart this life:
“the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of
happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace,
where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow

Christ went to paradise during his death
Hence,
the statement to Mary,
John 20: 17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:
but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your
Father; and to my God, and your God.

Christ had not yet ascended to heaven.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-hJGOjd9sPY8/UVeJI-UqCEI/AAAAAAAABwA/YeNLoespPw4/s400/jesus-resurrection-92.jpg[/img]

that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor
portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good;
therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—
and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and
gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of
the devil. Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state
of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they
remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
when we die we return to the dust and remain there until the resurrection and subsequent judgement.

No one goes to heaven or a bogus hell, this is the stuff of Greek mythology.

Man is dust and we retrurn to dust. If Jesus had not resurrected then no one would have had any hope of life, but we thank God that Jesus has defeated death and even though we may die, if we belief in him, we shall live.

"........ until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."" - Genesis 3:19

and

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting "contempt." - Daniel 12:2
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by timilehin007(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
My own is since God is the alfa nd omega He knows everything before it happens He already knows doz who will make heaven nd hell so live ur life...if u are destine to make heaven no matter ow much u have sinned even God can deliver u at ur last breath of life..
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Ekans: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Brethren,we spend so much time discussing what is beyond human comprehension.At least we all know what is good and what is bad.Lets all endeavour to do good and therein lies true happiness.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Perfecter4real(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Fili_Dei: @ OP,

The Catholic Church teaches that those with mortal sins go to eternal damnation; those without any unforgiven sin or unsatisfied temporal punishment go to heaven; those with venial sins (not mortal) and unsatisfied temporal punishment go to purgatory to be purged for their final entrance into heaven.

If you'll listen...
all what u just said can u point one chapter of the bible and link it wit ur comment? I dont think so ur fact are base on catholic doctrins bro i think is hight time wit do away wit all this church doctrins and lay our standard according to God standard that is the world of God the bible...because on the last day mehn za mu gani abun mamaki(many people would be disappointed) i pray God give us understanding.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
frosbel: when we die we return to the dust and remain there until the resurrection and subsequent judgement.

No one goes to heaven or a bogus hell, this is the stuff of Greek mythology.

Man is dust and we retrurn to dust. If Jesus had not resurrected then no one would have had any hope of life, but we thank God that Jesus has defeated death and even though we may die, if we belief in him, we shall live.

"........ until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."" - Genesis 3:19

and

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting "contempt." - Daniel 12:2

Bro nawa Oº°˚˚°ºh, this explanation ehn
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by eminex(m): 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please hear from Jesus Christ himself. Its perfectly made clear in John 5:28 & 29.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Like brother ben said in is thread. This no they important for Salvation. Make una leave am and leave a Godly life.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by tucee31: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
CAPTIVATOR: ....MY BRO....DATS D FAKE LIE DAT PASTORS NWADAYS GIVE TO PEOPLE WHEN INDEED D BIBLE SHOWS DAT ONLY 144,000 are going to Heaven nd dey are to Rule as kings with Jesus Christ(Rev 5:9,10; 20:4)...While d remanin Earth Population dat are QUALIFIED to be ressurected will b on earth(Psalm 72:7,8 ;Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 9:6,7; Matthew 5:5) In Gods new Paradise On Earth (Matthew 6:9,10; Revelation 21:3-5)

So who are the 144,000 ppl? angry
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by pof600: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
I cannot believe the amount of ignorance that is displayed on this site on daily basis regarding religion. Once again, your god doesn't exist (provide evidence to proof the contrary). It's ridiculous adults still believes in heaven & hell. You need a proper education.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by KayB: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
if only you know true picture of what you will encounter in the grave, not to talk of after the grave you would have yielded to the only Creator
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
pof600: I cannot believe the amount of ignorance that is displayed on this site on daily basis regarding religion. Once again, your god doesn't exist (provide evidence to proof the contrary). It's ridiculous adults still believes in heaven & hell. You need a proper education.

You should be at science section not here

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by KayB: 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
if only you knew and listened to the right sermon about true picture of what you will encounter in the grave, not to talk of after the grave you would have yielded to the only Creator
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
tucee31:

So who are the 144,000 ppl? angry
the 144000 are in Babylon and in the daughter of Babylon
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
haibe: To be sincered with you op i have found the eschatological events a bit confusing, i know there is a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, so i don't understand the idea of going to heaven, anyone can enlighten me please, also i know the bible talks about the lake of fire and hell as a place of suffering but i have not perfectly established the difference and who would be in hell and lake of fire, someone who has the undertanding can enlighten me.

Personally i don't border thinking of hell again, i just make sure i follow the leading of the Holy spirit and so the right thing always, by this i care less of hell. Whenever i preach the gospel i preach about the love of God and the need for christ, i don't preach hell, that is left for the Holy Spirit to teach the convert.

So that's me, i care less about hell, the relationship i have with God and love i have for Him casts out the fear of hell.
hell is sheol but lake of fire will be at Negev
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
sanniemoe:

God bless U. I am a muslim and this account of the grave scares me like hell. May Allah in His infinite mercies forgive us all but astagafirlah,on the other hand,is there truly hellfire. I understand dont and wouldn't compromise His standards but don't U think the concept of hellfire overrules that of destiny. If everything in life was written or say destined by God,then whats the logic behind hellfire and heaven,whats the justification?

For example; Adolf Hitler right from the moment he was conceived in his mother's womb, God's destined him to be evil anf commit all sorts of crime against humanity. Why would God deliberately now want to punish Adolf for acting scripts He directed,for living a life he was destined to live?

Then,it baffles me why some people are chosen and some are cursed.. what exactly is the motive behind life? What is the driving force?

It doesnt matter your religion,I need someone to help ne out here
Gods create good and evil people, so He does whatever He pleases and aint nothing nobody can do about it
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
trolling: hell is sheol but lake of fire will be at Negev

Hmmm, good, i will talk about this later.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=25Calibre]As a Christian myself, I'm at a point where I'm beginning to question the relevance of religion, the reality of God, Heaven or hell.

But I must say according to the bible, after death, a soul either goes to HEAVEN or HELL, then during the rapture, the souls dead in Christ shall rise first, meaning their mortal bodies transformed into immortal celestial bodies, shall rise to be reunited with their souls in heaven.

Then the sinners who missed the rapture will face the great tribulation for 7 years ( especially the 2nd 3.5 years )after which Jesus and his saints shall return to this world for the millennial reign, then only shall satan be bound hands and legs and thrown into the bottomless pit.

After the millennial reign, then comes the GREAT WHITE THROWN JUDGEMENT where every man shall stand ( even the occupants of hell brought out ) and give account if his life, the goats Separated from the sheeps, the saints admitted into heaven for eternal bliss, the sinners thrown into THE LAKE OF HELL for eternal damnation ...
you do err....the great tribulation starts after the House of Judah completes their tribulation....tribulation and anguish to Jews first then to the world,and aint no such junk as rapture
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
25Calibre: As a Christian myself, I'm at a point where I'm beginning to question the relevance of religion, the reality of God, Heaven or hell.

After the millennial reign, then comes the GREAT WHITE THROWN JUDGEMENT where every man shall stand ( even the occupants of hell brought out ) and give account if his life, the goats Separated from the sheeps, the saints admitted into heaven for eternal bliss, the sinners thrown into THE LAKE OF HELL for eternal damnation
you do err....the great tribulation starts after the House of Judah completes their tribulation....tribulation and anguish to Jews first then to the world,and aint no such junk as rapture

This actually known as the study of eschatology.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by trolling(m): 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
haibe:

That doesn't increase my understanding either, expantiate on it pls.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire this is the second death.Revelation 20:14....now let me give you some understanding...when people die they are buried in the grave which is synonymous with Sheol and Hades, now at the first and second resurrection they are risen from hell/Shades/Sheol either to life or to the second death, at the second death, Negev which is in Jerusalem would have been kindled where the Beast and the litte horn would be burning eternally as documented in the Prophets,so at the second resurrection,they are awaken by a trumpet to face their judgement then thrown into the lake of fire which is at Negev in Jerusalem,Negev is the south of Jerusalem where Esau dwells
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by repent4christ: 4:28am On Sep 18, 2013
@belabela i agree with you completely only in the area of "rapture" who told u is an heresy? In 1corinthians 15:51-53 and 1Thessalonians 4:16-18 says ' we shall be caught up' to meet the lord in the air. Pls read this with prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Christainity Is The Largest Religion In Nigeria- 2014 Statistics / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.