Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Matthew 5:3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 5:3 (917 Views)

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / BIBLE STUDY: Be Glad When People Mock You Because You Are Serving God (matthew 5 / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matthew 5:3 by ayando(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello guys.
I was reading Matthew 5:1-13 and verse 3 caught my attention when I was studying it over again. What does Christ mean by those poor in spirit, theirs is the kingdom of God.
How does it relate to our present world.
thanks.
Re: Matthew 5:3 by okeyxyz(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
To start with, Spirit means character or mindset or value system; So to be poor in spirit is to be separate from the character/mindset/value systems of the world. Ie: not judging by popular opinion/culture but judging by true, spiritual meanings. The christianity we have today is not real christianity because they are based on traditions of men and this is why churches today are overflowing with numbers, because their doctrines are popular. God has been made in the image of man instead of man in the image of God, God has been democratized and secularized and man's/societal values are used to validate God. So being poor in spirit means separating yourself from these behaviours.
Re: Matthew 5:3 by ayando(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
thanks for your reply. From your explanation, it can be deduced that majority of nowadays Christians may/will not enter the kingdom if God. Am I right?
Re: Matthew 5:3 by okeyxyz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
ayando: thanks for your reply. From your explanation, it can be deduced that majority of nowadays Christians may/will not enter the kingdom if God. Am I right?

True!! When churches begin to boast with the population of their memberships, it means their doctrines are pleasing to man rather than to God. All churches strategies are aimed at capturing millions of people. We know them: RCCG, Benny Hynn, Joyce Mayer, Christ Embassy, winners, Mountain of fire, The catholic church, Anglican, etc etc. They honestly think they are christian, but I know they are not, because their doctrines are based on the Law of Moses, hence their popularity

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)
Re: Matthew 5:3 by okeyxyz(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
So what is the kingdom of Heaven? Firstly: It is a physical existence, a state of physical immortality to be accomplished soon. It is not an invisible heaven. But it starts with a exercising mindset of righteousness, separate/apart(not according to) from the laws of Moses in order to be accounted worthy of that kingdom.
Re: Matthew 5:3 by ayando(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Your explanations are quite insightful. I asked someone and this is what he said: Being poor in spirit means having the earnest desire for things of the spirit. He emphasized the 'poor' as being in need. Worthy of note the live Christ lived while on earth is centered on Love. This can be seen with the parable of the Good Samaritan and when Jesus preached to the Samaritan woman by the well.
Re: Matthew 5:3 by Rexyl(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
why should you be confused about the words used idiomatically. That means lowliness of heart which makes an invitation to Holy Spirit which work is to transform life from doing wickedly to pursuing a clean way of life and doing the will of God.
Re: Matthew 5:3 by CAPTIVATOR: 5:33am On Sep 16, 2013
MATTHEW 5:3... MEANS PEOPLE DAT ARE CONSCIOUS OF THEIR SPIRITUAL NEEDS OR HUNGRY FOR GODS WORD
Re: Matthew 5:3 by CAPTIVATOR: 5:37am On Sep 16, 2013
okeyxyz: So what is the kingdom of Heaven? Firstly: It is a physical existence, a state of physical immortality to be accomplished soon. It is not an invisible heaven. But it starts with a exercising mindset of righteousness, separate/apart(not according to) from the laws of Moses in order to be accounted worthy of that kingdom.
. Bro....GODS KINGDOM IS A REAL GOVERNMENT BASED IN HEAVEN ND WILL RULE OVER MANKIND VERY SOON(DANIEL 2:44). SO dont be suprised when JESUS SAI IN our Lords Prayer Dat "LET UR KINGDOM COME"(Matthew 6:10)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Women Always Respect Their Pastors/clerics More Than Their Husbands? / The Cult Of The Pastor-god / Did We All Come From Adam And Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.