Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Which Car Do I Buy Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Do I Buy Please (1738 Views)

Which Part Of A Car Do You Admire The Most? / What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Do I Buy Please by springtech(m): 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good day every one in this forum. I sincerely need your honest opinion as regards my choice of car.
I intend picking up a ride but i am stuck between 5 brands.
1. KIA SORENTO
2. FORD ESCAPE
3. TOYOTA RAV 4
4. HYNDAI SANTA FE
5. FREENLANDER LAND ROVER
My budget is N2M. Kindly base your suggestion on fuel economy, ease of maintenance / availability of parts.
Experienced car users in the house, your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by springtech(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oga Siena, Ikenna, Femmmmy, Femmy 2010 and the rest of the gurus in the house, am waiting for you suggestions please.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
flee I repeat flee all forms of freelander landrover! embarassed
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by earthrealm(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
rav4, Hyundai santé fe, and kia certoa...

those are the cars..with rav4 being the first choice.

the other 2 cars ...its not advisable to buy them Nigerian used or even fresh toks.............most fresh toks are us spec are whan any problem comes up the kia/Hyundai place will refuse to repair the car...or say they don't hv parts...........such cars are best to buy brand new...the rav4 is good and strong........but if u are buying automatic..don't buy 01 to 03 models

run far far away from free lander
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
on fuel economy hyundai rides are quite good, a 100% smiley
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
The only cars I would pick from that bunch would be the Toyota RAV4 or the Ford Escape. Dig deeper, looking at reliability, gas mileage, parts avalibility and ease of repairs, the Toyota would be the obvious choice.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by honharr(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
dude i strongly recommend u go for the ford escape.the rest of the cars u mentioned r toys as far m concerned.
wit ur ford escape..u get not jus a ride buh a gas saver, a good american brand and parts r readily available in ojuelegba, nigeria.And make sure you do ur servicing and maintanence as at when due and I bet you five yrs running.,u machine wud still be active.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Siena: The only cars I would pick from that bunch would be the Toyota RAV4 or the Ford Escape. Dig deeper, looking at reliability, gas mileage, parts avalibility and ease of repairs, the Toyota would be the obvious choice.
In addition to what siena has said..i'll also suggest Mazda Tribute..Ford Motor Company made it an identical twin for the japanese market.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by springtech(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks all for your suggestions.
@honharr & sienna,its seems you are a fan of the ford product. is the ford escape really a fuel saver as mentioned by honharr. How about realiability. some folks in this forum have termed it as: Found On the Road Dead or Fix me On the Road Daily. How TRUE is this assertion. Can someone with first hand experience contribute please. Thanks all once again.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by springtech(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2013
Please note that I am also open to new options. Dont limit your suggestions to just the 5 options (kia sorento,hyndai santa fe, freelander land rover, ford escape, rav 4) I mentioned. like I said my budget is N2M. Cotonou agents here your responses will b appreciated.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by honharr(m): 11:31am On Sep 16, 2013
springtech: Please note that I am also open to new options. Dont limit your suggestions to just the 5 options (kia sorento,hyndai santa fe, freelander land rover, ford escape, rav 4) I mentioned. like I said my budget is N2M. Cotonou agents here your responses will b appreciated.
You would make d best choice with a ford escape.it has options for d drivetrain.2.3l 4cylinder and 3.Ol 6cylinder.this makes it a gas saver.hv been driving a ford buh not escape..so forget about all those toys u mentioned above.go ford.and make sure u buy a clean title.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by baaliyah(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena has spoken, Ikenna will not recommend any brand that is not ' Lion'.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by baaliyah(m): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena and earthrealm have spoken.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by springtech(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
@honharr,response noted. You dont really know much of help you have been to a confused mind. Thanks bro.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
I don't how much Ford cars consumes fuel but since the japanese model is often percieved with the notion of being fuel efficient..i'll say go for Mazda tribute..if u ain't Ok with Rav4.
Re: Which Car Do I Buy Please by Ikenna351(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
ba_aliyah: Siena has spoken, Ikenna will not recommend any brand that is not ' Lion'.

Am not sure about that. I have recommended a lot of people Toyota cars, depending on what they want out of a car. I get calls and PMs a lot on that.

Ikenna.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Camry Big For Nothing / Can it get any worse? 1L/Mile / I Want To Buy Tyre-pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.