Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why Nollywood Marriages Breakdown –iyabo Ojo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Nollywood Marriages Breakdown –iyabo Ojo (830 Views)

Iyabo Ojo At The Beach In Florida (pics) / Iyabo Ojo’s PA Gets Toyota Corolla From The Actress, Collapses / Emeka Ike Reveals Why Nollywood Cannot Donate N3.5million For Actor Bruno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nollywood Marriages Breakdown –iyabo Ojo by BrAkingNews: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
[img]http://img.naij.com/business/entertainment/10/a/iyabo_ojo.aspx[/img]

Iyabo Ojo, Nollywood actress, is a household name and a front-liner in the Yoruba movie circle even as she maintains a crossover appeal with the English counterpart.
Noted more for her girl-about-town roles, Ojo is also a film producer of class, having churned out award-wining flicks like Omo Gomina and Arinzo currently making waves, and Tembelu just waiting to be released.
In a recent interview, she talks about a lot of industry issues, including her latest
works and the susceptibility of Nollywood marriages.

YOU are one actress who’s got a peculiar swagger to your personality, especially when acting the girl-about-town roles; where did all that come from?

Well I guess that might suggest that I kind of grew up in the streets. But not at all; I’m actually a very homely girl. My grandmother is Ibo and in Ibo tradition, after school, the next thing for the woman is the kitchen. So I’m a relatively homely girl. But where did I get all the swag and charisma from? First, I’d say from God. When I started acting, I started going out a lot, to events, to nightclubs; and when I’m out there, I try to study people a lot. I see how the town girls behave, how they talk; more especially those with unusual characters.

Have you at any time suffered stigmatisation by people based on certain roles you have played?
Yeah, a lot of that happens. I know I regularly play town-girl, bad babe, armed robber, criminal; and some people unfortunately tend to see me in that light, probably because of my look or because I play it well and maybe because I also have tattoos on me. I know people tend to regard those of us wearing tattoos like, ‘Oh, she has tattoos, so she must be a very baaaaad girl.’ However, when they have the opportunity of getting close to me, the equation usually changes and the next thing is ‘Iyabo, are you always this quiet?’

Your latest film, Arinzo, has all the trappings of a blockbuster, what has been the response in the market?
It’s been wonderful. Even up till this CONTINUE READING AT http://newsinigeria..com/2013/09/why-nollywood-marriages-breakdown-iyabo.html#more

CLICK HERE FOR MORE CELEBRITY SCANDAL GISTS

RICK ROSS TO 50CENT " I WILL DESTROY YOU AND YOUR PROPAGANGANDA" READ THE FULL STORY HERE

(1) (Reply)

Kerry Washington Emerges As World's Best Dressed Woman. / PHOTO: Ex-president, Obasanjo Spotted With His Hand Wrapped Around Actress Waist / #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.