Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? (5118 Views)

Where There's Will, There's Is A Way(photo)...Lol / Ongoing Female Onslaught Everywhere... Hian Old Women! / Husband Okays Wife, Son’s intimate Act In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
The whole truth be sey me I don tire! My grand ma came to stay with us for some time and maybe for her medical check up. But since her arrival, she has being a torn on the flesh. She talk too much! Disturb with her incessant nagging and complains on irrelevant things! ask too many questions that has nothing to do with the situation at hand. She has apparently turned my bed room into my sitting room as I stay inside my room 24/7. Am the type of person that hates noise and hate to be disturbed.
I don't knw if this is the same with your own grand mummies....just share your views and opinions
thank you!
JAY
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Kanwulia: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am sooooo not looking to my mom's old age!!!!!! cry

Or mine!!!!!! grin

One word!!!! METROPAUSE!!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
You would also get to that stage and have a feel of what it feels like to be old and do things the old does.....remember you was once a little child who makes noise around but from your complaint you stated you now hate noise just cus you now matured so wait till you anticipate ur days of grey hair.
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Well, i knw someone who knws someone who helps anybody to kill annoying people undecided

Are u interested?

Contact seun of dollarland!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Rnt u happy urs can only talk?
Some will shyte in their room( whether old mama or papa) and still the children will sweatly clean them up. Some have lost their mind per se and say meaningless things and r still lvd.
Instead of whinning, make better use of the situation by asking her how growing up, getting married,first date and life generally was during her time.
I tell ya, u will have a book to write and at d same time making her happy.
God bless our grannies!
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by baby124: 3:20am On Sep 16, 2013
Enjoy your granny. She is trying to spend quality time with you. Not a lot of people get that opportunity. There is a lot to be learnt from her about who you are. You will look back in the future and be ashamed of your attitude towards her when she is gone. I miss my grandma. Though she kept all her DIL at arms length she spoiled her grand kids silly.
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2013
I am not saying that I hate my grand ma....I can never do such a thing. Am I mad? The only thing that I am annoyed is the fact that she is garrullous. Talking and disturbing with irrelevant things that has nothing in connection with what is happening at the present.
She is such a wonderful person though.
I miss her husband who is dead. He told me stories of his ordeal during the biafran war, that was when I was I kid. And now I yearn for more of those stories because I want to turn them into a novel.
R.I.P papa! cry
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by blank(f): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2013
chaircover:

I learnt a new word today. Thank you Nairaland grin

The correct spelling is garrulous.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2013
chaircover:

I learnt a new word today. Thank you Nairaland grin
hahahahhahahahahha..
I swear, nairaland is the best website I have ever crossed path with.
learning new things daily.

sorry for the bad spelling itz was caused by the slip of my phalanges
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by chiteny(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
They've seen a lot in life and probably talking to you so you be cautious and not make the same mistakes as they did. But of course, they are bugging you with too much talk abi? angry
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
You go out regularly to school or work, Have phone to call or text people, have a laptop, chat on whatsapp, facebook etc.

If you are cut off from all these means of communication and all you see daily is the 4 walls of your house and the few people in it

You would realize how much of a talkative and annoying you also are.

I remember my grandmom we used to talk a lot and I miss her and how she doesnt miss the 2pm new on Radio Nigeria Oba Adebimpe and how much we would gist and talk when I take her for her monthly Checkup.

I still remember her last words before she passed away in May 2000.

Dayo Oko mi, Ti o ba lo si ilu eebo, Ma fe Eebo ooo (Eebo = Oyinbo)

I miss her

1 Like

Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
dayokanu:

I miss her
wat is the meaning in English?
dayokanu:

I miss her
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
chaircover:

Thanks for pointing it out. I just put the word in google and it came back with the meaning. We learn new things everyday.
can I pm u? I want to ask u something tangible
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by dayokanu(m): 1:59am On Sep 17, 2013
mega jay:

Dayo my husband if you go abroad, dont marry a white lady
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 6:37am On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Dayo my husband if you go abroad, dont marry a white lady
lol....she must have seen the dreams in your heart. Even before u started planning dem!
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by andyanders: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2013
mega jay: The whole truth be sey me I don tire! My grand ma came to stay with us for some time and maybe for her medical check up. But since her arrival, she has being a torn on the flesh. She talk too much! Disturb with her incessant nagging and complains on irrelevant things! ask too many questions that has nothing to do with the situation at hand. She has apparently turned my bed room into my sitting room as I stay inside my room 24/7. Am the type of person that hates noise and hate to be disturbed.
I don't knw if this is the same with your own grand mummies....just share your views and opinions
thank you!
JAY

Since you stay 24/7 in your room, that translates that you are jobless and has nothing doing, therefore, nothing to advise on this.Why wont the woman keep saying something to you?I believe you are an adult coming here to speak.
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
I thought i was the only one who noticed the 24/7 room part?

What is wrong with nlers?
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
andyanders:

Since you stay 24/7 in your room, that translates that you are jobless and has nothing doing, therefore, nothing to advise on this.Why wont the woman keep saying something to you?I believe you are an adult coming here to speak.
omg, does
24/7 mean I have nothing doing?
hey man I Hv things doing just dat the strike affected me a lot!
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
mega jay: The whole truth be sey me I don tire! My grand ma came to stay with us for some time and maybe for her medical check up. But since her arrival, she has being a torn on the flesh. She talk too much! Disturb with her incessant nagging and complains on irrelevant things! ask too many questions that has nothing to do with the situation at hand. She has apparently turned my bed room into my sitting room as I stay inside my room 24/7. Am the type of person that hates noise and hate to be disturbed.
thank you!
JAY

Funny enough my little boy says the same about my parents
Hahahaha
That is what grandparents do dearie
At that stage of life,career is over, children are grown and their grand kids are their pride and joy
Pray you get to that age with all your mental faculty intact
My father told us he won't exit earth till my last born graduates high school
So you see
Their grandchildren are very precious to them
Stop complaining and get out of your room and help clean up the house
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by homesteady(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
My grandparents have never stayed with me, so I've never experienced such stories! But most of my friends complain of their grandparents, especially grandmothers!
One of my classmate in secondary school said he is praying for his grandmother to die sef! grin grin
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by megajay1(m): 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
homesteady: My grandparents have never stayed with me, so I've never experienced such stories! But most of my friends complain of their grandparents, especially grandmothers!
One of my classmate in secondary school said he is praying for his grandmother to die sef! grin grin
jezzzzz!!!!
homesteady: My grandparents have never stayed with me, so I've never experienced such stories! But most of my friends complain of their grandparents, especially grandmothers!
jezzzzz!!!!
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by AbuMikey(m): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mi o raye shiit mehn angry
Re: Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? by Poohee6: 4:43am On Mar 01, 2016
I had to move states just to help my mother. I moved from the northwest to Texas. At first, I thought I was doing a good thing. I moved my mother away from an abusive boyfriend and made sure he couldn't track her. I had to move fast because we didn't want him to come back and get mad. We took what was necessary of her things.
After the move, I was repeatedly called names and was called lazy. She feels this way because I didn't take my time to get all of her stuff out of there. FYI this place was completely destroyed by him and her. Now, I'm stuck in a living arrangement with a person that doesn't respect me, but demands respect, and never knows when to shut her mouth. I helped this woman get out of a bad situation and now she is my bad situation. She is healthy now, but decides not to find a place of her own. I literally got married last year with no honeymoon because of this. She won't stop talking. She talks about the past, all the time. If she's not talking about that, she's telling me what I should do with my life. Btw: my career is doing great, it's my home life that suffers. What can I do?

(1) (Reply)

Raising Kids Is Not Easy (pic) / Photos: When You Leave Baby Alone With Dad / My Mother In Law Made Me CRY Like A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.