Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? (5000 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Douglasin: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Hi, Doctors in the house.
My Dad was asked to go for an MRI scan but unfortunately for us, most hospitals we've been to do not have the machine.

After all the search, we only saw two hospitals who claimed to have it, but said, it was under repair. L.

I using this medium to reach out to doctors here who might be aware or even work in Hospitals who may be in possession of the machine. Your help is really needed.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by AreaFada2: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2017
Douglasin:
My Dad was asked to go for an MRI scan but unfortunately for us, most hospitals we've been to do not have the machine.

After all the search, we only saw two hospitals who claimed to have it, but said, it was under repair. L.

I using this medium to reach out to doctors here who might be aware or even work in Hospitals who may be in possession of the machine. Your help is really needed.
Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim

Have you tried Clinix Healthcare in Lagos? I learnt last time that they have. They are around Festac (I think number 6 or 8 Ago Palace way, By Apple Junction, Amuwo Odofin). I heard they have another at Ilepeju area. Anthony side of it. I didn't bother to take much note. I do not know if the person it was recommended to actually went or what happened there.

The numbers I noted down and gave out were : 07053308332, 08066317944 & 01-2911164. I never called these numbers, so do not be disappointed if they don't go through.

I have no doubt that our home-based friends: medics, nurses, physios, scientists and more will know more places that offer MRI. Good luck sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Douglasin: 10:35am On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

Have you tried Clinix Healthcare in Lagos? I learnt last time that they have. They are around Festac (I think number 6 or 8 Ago Palace way, By Apple Junction, Amuwo Odofin). I heard they have another at Ilepeju area. Anthony side of it. I didn't bother to take much note. I do not know if the person it was recommended to actually went or what happened there.

The numbers I noted down and gave out were : 07053308332, 08066317944 & 01-2911164. I never called these numbers, so do not be disappointed if they don't go through.

I have no doubt that our home-based friends: medics, nurses, physios, scientists and more will know more places that offer MRI. Good luck sir.
Thanks a lot, Sir.
You've been really helpful.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2017
Douglasin:

Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim
Try also MeCure health care limited. I am 100% sure they have a MRI machine. They have a branch in Lekki and Oshodi and both branches has the machine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by babythug(f): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2017
Try mecure at Oshodi they should have an Mri facility.

1 Like

Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2017
@Douglasin, i hope the few options given are helpful. My work niche is away from Lagos.
If you're requesting for Abuja and environs then I could come in handy.
Goodluck.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by SirVintageCock: 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:
@Douglasin, i hope the few options given are helpful. My work niche is away from Lagos.
If you're requesting for Abuja and environs then I could come in handy.
Goodluck.
Good day,
Is your hospital recruiting or do you have any idea of any hospital within Abuja axis that is recruiting?
Gotta find something for a female cousin of mine.
Waiting for a favorable response. Thanks
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Good day,
Is your hospital recruiting or do you have any idea of any hospital within Abuja axis that is recruiting?
Gotta find something for a female cousin of mine.
Waiting for a favorable response. Thanks
We actually recruited last week
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by SirVintageCock: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:

We actually recruited last week.
Niger state government's health management board.
wow.
OK thanks.
Keep your eyes open for me abeg.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by AreaFada2: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:

We actually recruited last week.
Niger state government's health management board.

Sir any idea where a newly qualified pharmacist can do internship in Nigeria?

I have a young relative seeking one.

Thanks.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

Sir any idea where a newly qualified pharmacist can do internship in Nigeria?

I have a young relative seeking one.

Thanks.
PCN has a list of accredited health institutions that run the internship programme.
Generally tertiary health centres and some secondary centres offer internship.
Usually they would advertise for it because different centres have different schedules.
I don't know if I have helped to answer your question in a way , or did I miss something? .
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by AreaFada2: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:

PCN has a list of accredited health institutions that run the internship programme.
Generally tertiary health centres and some secondary centres offer internship.
Usually they would advertise for it because different centres have different schedules.
I don't know if I have helped to answer your question in a way , or did I miss something? .

Thanks boss. You tried. But you know 9ja thing is not straightforward.

Apparently, legions of pharmacists are without internship place years after graduation. Not for want of trying. But the opaque nature of 9ja things.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

Thanks boss. You tried. But you know 9ja thing is not straightforward.

Apparently, legions of pharmacists are without internship place years after graduation. Not for want of trying. But the opaque nature of 9ja things.
Now I get the picture clearer. Sadly it cuts across most arms of the health team.

The only thing I can to him is : Keep trying, 'twil come good soon.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by AreaFada2: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:

Now I get the picture clearer. Sadly it cuts across most arms of the health team.

The only thing I can to him is : Keep trying, 'twil come good soon.

Thanks for the encouragement sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
Douglasin:

Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim
hospital dont have MRIs you can get an MRI done in radiology centres like foremost, broadway, broad places, the 3 are located at ogunlana drive in surulere, mecure has MRI Too in oshodi, i dont know the adress but u can google it. Best of luck
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
funmisticqueen:

hospital dont have MRIs you can get an MRI done in radiology centres like foremost, broadway, broad places, the 3 are located at ogunlana drive in surulere, mecure has MRI Too in oshodi, i dont know the adress but u can google it. Best of luck
I don't know where you got the bolded from, but that isn't entirely true.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by DonX001: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
@Douglasin, just seeing your mention.
The posters above me have done justice to your question.

The 5 most likely places I know-

Mecure, Oshodi.
Foremost Radiology, No 51 Ogunlaja drive, Surulere.
Broad Places Radiology, Surulere.
Clinix.... I think its in Festac.
Union Diagnostics, Lagos

If you Google any of these places, you can get their contact number and call them to confirm its functional and possibly schedule an appointment before moving from home.

I'm only fully sure of the first one (Mecure). For the others, I knew that sometime ago they had plans of installing an MRI machine, but not sure whether they've installed it by now.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
frenchwine:

I don't know where you got the bolded from, but that isn't entirely true.
pls which hospital has, especially one that is working and dont talk about all those high end hospitals on the island that middle class people cant afford to go to
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:

pls which hospital has, especially one that is working and dont talk about all those high end hospitals on the island that middle class people cant afford to go to
I thought we were talking about hospitals and not 'a class of hospitals'.
That aside, ur initial submission(ditto the op) was an open ended statement, not localised to a state or region. The confidence behind my statement is that though i have spent virtually all my life in Lagos, I'm widely travelled and have worked in all regions of the country but one. Thus I know the regional referral centres for high-end investigations, as I still keep tabs with collegues.
No dey shift goal post like my Prof who dislikes being demystified grin grin
Have a good morning dear. kiss
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 02, 2017
frenchwine:

That aside, ur initial submission was an open ended statement, not localised to a state or region. The confidence behind my statement is that though i have spent virtually all my life in Lagos, I'm widely travelled and have worked in all regions of the country but one. Thus I know the regional referral centres for high-end investigations, as I still keep tabs with collegues.
but you have still not answered my question, i only narrowed my focus to help your search. Good morning too
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2017
frenchwine:

That aside, ur initial submission(ditto the op) was an open ended statement, not localised to a state or region. The confidence behind my statement is that though i have spent virtually all my life in Lagos, I'm widely travelled and have worked in all regions of the country but one. Thus I know the regional referral centres for high-end investigations, as I still keep tabs with collegues.
you haven't still answered my question. I only narrowed my focus to help your search. Good morning too:*
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 02, 2017
Douglasin:

Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim

Come to Uch. its available 24/7 .
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
If you live in Calabar, I'll suggest the Asi Ukpo Medical Diagnostic Centre, Mary Slessor Road, Calabar, Cross River State.

Your Dad's gonna be fine.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by Douglasin: 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
I want to say a big thank you to Everyone here who contributed. It's really nice to know that when I have a problem, I can get answers here.
God bless you all.
Re: Where Can My Dad Have An MRI Scan? by worlexy(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2017
Douglasin:

Thanks in anticipation.
Cc Frenchwine
worlexy
DoctorAbu
Areafada2
sainty2k3
DonX001
Pennywise
Enuguboy4nsk
funmisticqueen
drmuri
SonofHim
I'm sorry, I'm just seeing your post. I'm so sorry. it depends on your location, if you're very close to Kwara State, you can get it done in Olaolu Hosp Ilorin and Harmony Advanced Diagnostic center

(1) (Reply)

I Ave Cut Ties With My Family / I Have Disgraced My Manhood / How Would You Regard Your Husband If He Told You 2 Abort A Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.