Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? (723 Views)

Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? / What Is Nigerian Law On Euthanasia? / Do You Support Euthanasia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Without much ado,'euthanasia' simply means the painless killing of someone suffering from an incurable disease or a very deadly disease using drugs,injections etc without the patient's knowledge but sometimes with the consent of the patient's relatives.

This is majorly practice in european countries and many countries outside Africa where it is legalise but this is still practice secretly in Africa and in our own Nigeria. Now the question is; from your own point of view do you think this practice is right?
Re: Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
If they r gonna die anyway then y prolong their suffering? That's one school of thought

Another school of thought says no killing under any circumstance.even if it's mercy killing

I see reasons with both sides.but right now theoretically,I'd go with euthanaisa. Y cos it beats logic to leave a loved one suffer endlessly without relief and definitely no hope of survival

But practically,I don't know if I can go thru with it.can I sign the papers and say kill him/her to stop their suffering?I really don't think I could.cos there's always that lingering hope despite what the experts say.there's always the faith in a miracle or a new cure/remedy
Most of all there's the love that even though it kills you to see your loved one in pain,you'd rather not let go so soon.

In reality,I pray never to be in a position to make such a decision.

IJN amen
Re: Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
This would make a very nice debate.
Moderator front page pls smiley
Re: Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
My principle is..uzuazokaro(when there is life,there is hope)..I simply think there is no excuse for dis to b practice...

Difrnt are we all..xo are our views..--AM AGAINST!!!
Re: Practice Of Euthanasia;for Or Against??? by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 16, 2013
I am for it.

(1) (Reply)

Graves Disease: Definition, Causes, Signs And Symptoms / 15 Health Benefits Of The Cashew Nut / Help/remedies For Those Suffering From Hyperhidrosis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.