Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Un-ambitious Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Un-ambitious Men (639 Views)

Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Dropped Biafra Ambitious For United Nigeria / Top 10 Most Ambitious Nigerian Women In Politics Today / Ambitious Plan To Jail Petroleum Minister By Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Un-ambitious Men by fyneIjay(f): 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
MOTORCYCLE owners in Osogbo, Osun State are heaving sighs of relief with the arrest of some suspects said to be the brain behind the disappearance of several motorcycles that got missing from where they were parked. The six suspects arrested by the police in connection with the case were Ganiyu Moshood, (19), Ahmed Jelili (25), Aluko Bola (26), Abiodun Ibrahim (20), Adebisi Matthew(20). Afeez Oladepo (28) who was arrested at his residence at Ojesayomu Street, Adeoyo area of Ibadan. Oladepo was reported to be one of the receivers of the stolen motorcycles. Crime Reports learnt that Moshood was arrested based on information and when he was interrogated, he confessed to have committed the crime, mentioning those he worked with. It was in the process that he mentioned Aluko’s name as one of his gang members. Information gathered revealed that Aluko, who had been guest of the police in the past, was on their wanted list as they learnt that he had not yet desisted from his criminal way of life. On September 9, Aluko was said to have been sighted by detectives from Oja-Oba police station when he came to the Child Welfare section of the police station to report a case, and was promptly arrested. In an interview with Crime Reports, Aluko, who said he was from Ilesa and married with one kid stated that though it was true that he used to steal motorcycles, he had repented from his bad ways and had left the crime about three months ago. Disclosing that it was Moshood who mentioned his name to the police, he stated further that no exhibit was found with him when he was arrested. “It is true that I was once into stealing of motorcycles but I have repented. I decided about three months ago to stop stealing. Before I started stealing, I was a motor boy following commercial bus to Ibadan. I started stealing when I joined bad friends. I met them at joints where we smoke and drink alcohol. I usually envied them the way they used to spend money at joints. “I asked them how they were getting the money and they opened up to me that they were stealing okada where they were parked. I started about two years ago. I was once caught about seven months ago and I was charged to court by the police. I agreed to buy another motorcycle for the owner and we settled it out of court. “Unfortunately, I could not resist stealing again and I stole twice after that. I went to steal one motorcycle which I sold for N60,000. I was caught after stealing a second one and it was returned to the owner. After that, I stopped. This time around, I was not caught with any stolen motorcycle but a suspect who was arrested by the police mentioned my name. “What happened was that we were doing the ‘business’ together before I decided to stop about three months ago. I worked with him twice and he was the one who helped me to take the motorcycles to our receiver in Ibadan at Iwo Road area. He was arrested when he went to operate alone and he mentioned my name.” When contacted, the police imagemaker, DSP Folasade Odoro said that the police commissioner had ordered that the suspected be charged to court after investigations. Crime Reports learnt that the suspects had been charged to court and remanded in Ilesa prisons. The case was adjourned till September 23.
Source:
www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/21604-‘it’s-true-i-was-into-okada-theft,-but-i’ve-repented’.html
Re: Un-ambitious Men by fyneIjay(f): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Before you cast the first stone, pause and think.

www.nairaland.com/1439941/another-indusrious-son-land-rising

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Should Hide Himself In Shame – Aviation Minister / 768 Civilian-JTF Complete Training On Policing And Entrepreneurial Reorientation / Workers Panic As FG Freezes Imo L.G. Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.