Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489795 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2014
Pls,how do dey set masters exams. Tma or written or what.plssss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Anyone doing MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION in the house plsssss

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2014
ayxmania: Hello good evening. I have been reading this thread this thread from the first page, and I'm currently at the 88Þh page now. I am a graduate of Archaeology from UI, and I applied to study Law (DE). I got the pin today, went online, then went back to the school (abeokuta centre) to finish up. Fortunately for me, I was able to get my matric number. On getting to my portal, it stated that I should pay #36,000 as compulsory fee (30,000 as compulsory fee, 6000 as jamb regularization fee). Since I've been reading the thread, I never came about 36,000. I only saw 22, 500. Do u guys think it's an error, which is worth complaining? Or is that the amount now? Also, because I haven't paid any money, I couldn't check my course.. Does anybody have an idea of the number of courses I'll take this session (200level DE)? So I can noe how much I'm gna pay..I'll like to pay the whole fee (1st semester n 2nd semester) at once. Also, if I pay d 36k or 22,500 now, (I intend to start in January because I'm busy now) would I still re-pay the money in january when I'm ready to start the study?

I met the academic counsellor today, and I asked him about NYSC and LAW SCHOOL. I asked not because I wanna serve after graduating (I am already serving, I'm a batch b corps member), but rather, I asked so I could get the authentic information. And the following are my findings:
1) Graduates do not go for NYSC for now. Upon graduation, noun 'll issue you with an EXCLUSION letter if u are below 30, and an EXEMPTION letter if u are above 30. I was in iseyin camp during the last camp, and I didn't see any NOUN graduate. So that settles that.
2) For now, Law graduates do no go to LAW SCHOOL, but after the next phase of accreditation, they could go. The school is meeting the conditions set by NUC, and the course could be given a full accreditation anytime after this semester.

The school is actually cool, and it'll be fun to experience academic activity both in an open university, and in a conventional university. Thanks

The fees have been increased. That's what freshers now pay.

To check the courses for law, go to www.nou.edu.ng click on registrable courses for 2013/2014 academic session then click on school of law

note that if you are paying for both 1st and 2nd semmester at once, you will still need to pay compulsory fee when new semester (your own 2nd semester) begin to activate your portal for registration.

I will advise you dont pay any money now. Wait till january.

Welcome to NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2014
damiliano: Pls,how do dey set masters exams. Tma or written or what.plssss

Gst courses are cbt (computer based) while the rest are POP (Pen-on-paper i.e written) I think. Wait, when the masters people come, they will clarify
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2014
ayxmania: Hello good evening. I have been reading this thread this thread from the first page, and I'm currently at the 88Þh page now. I am a graduate of Archaeology from UI, and I applied to study Law (DE). I got the pin today, went online, then went back to the school (abeokuta centre) to finish up. Fortunately for me, I was able to get my matric number. On getting to my portal, it stated that I should pay #36,000 as compulsory fee (30,000 as compulsory fee, 6000 as jamb regularization fee). Since I've been reading the thread, I never came about 36,000. I only saw 22, 500. Do u guys think it's an error, which is worth complaining? Or is that the amount now? Also, because I haven't paid any money, I couldn't check my course.. Does anybody have an idea of the number of courses I'll take this session (200level DE)? So I can noe how much I'm gna pay..I'd like to pay the whole fee (1st semester n 2nd semester) at once. Also, if I pay d 36k or 22,500 now, (I intend to start in January because I'm busy now) would I still re-pay the money in january when I'm ready to start the study?

I met the academic counsellor today, and I asked him about NYSC and LAW SCHOOL. I asked not because I wanna serve after graduating (I am already serving, I'm a batch b corps member), but rather, I asked so I could get the authentic information. And the following are my findings:
1) Graduates do not go for NYSC for now. Upon graduation, noun 'll issue you with an EXCLUSION letter if u are below 30, and an EXEMPTION letter if u are above 30. I was in iseyin camp during the last camp, and I didn't see any NOUN graduate. So that settles that.
2) For now, Law graduates do no go to LAW SCHOOL, but after the next phase of accreditation, they could go. The school is meeting the conditions set by NUC, and the course could be given a full accreditation anytime after this semester.

The school is actually cool, and it'll be fun to experience academic activity both in an open university, and in a conventional university. Thanks
The response on NYSC may be obsolete....they have been included on the NYSC website....check that for yourself. I know u don't intend to serve twice...I don't even see any need to serve once. Unless being on that list among other schools doesn't actually connote its status wrt service...they are in that shiirrt. Law school would follow with time.

N36K stands for the new compulsory fee! Wait till January...don't pay now.

I'd like to welcome you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Markrulz: i dont talk much, pls only for NOUN students... for any course in NOUN, get 40/40 score for all kinds of tma course.. if interested call 08183680847
40/40 kai...outsiders?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2014
SONKOko:

The fees have been increased. That's what freshers now pay.

To check the courses for law, go to www.nou.edu.ng click on registrable courses for 2014/2014 academic session then click on school of law

note that if you are paying for both 1st and 2nd semmester at once, you will still need to pay compulsory fee when new semester (your own 2nd semester) begin to activate your portal for registration.

I will advise you dont pay any money now. Wait till january.

Welcome to NOUN.
My Oga, u did well oh. Which one be 2014/2014 session?LOL.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2014
Orientation needed @ d SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2014
Eureka!my project topic got approved today @ exactly a year I applied for it...I was told to come back for a letter next week...is anyone knows the content of the letter and the purpose it serves..maybe letter of intro smh! grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 04, 2014
baba11: Eureka!my project topic got approved today @ exactly a year I applied for it...I was told to come back for a letter next week...is anyone knows the content of the letter and the purpose it serves..maybe letter of intro smh! grin
I'm happy for u...lemme ring my counselor.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2014
SONKOko:

Gst courses are cbt (computer based) while the rest are POP (Pen-on-paper i.e written) I think. Wait, when the masters people come, they will clarify
It appears only GST807 is involved... the rest courses should be POPs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2014
SONKOko: Ikeja study centre peeps, have they started stamping exam slip?

I need a reply please. I dont want to waste my time and energy. Thanks
Apapa has...Ikeja must have...as they are apparently the biggest SC. No time for them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 04, 2014
h3ro: since exams would be starting soon, I've been advised not to pay any fee yet. every other thing would be on, i could go on and study and equally join class discussions etc. till December
OK... good for you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
SONKOko:

Kk.thanks.do u know any1 doing MBA Business Administration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ifeoluwapelumi: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
I am a masters student at National open university.NOUN I am seriously in need of past questions...in M.Ed Educational planing and Administration.. pls if any one has the first seamester past questions kindly send it to me true ifeoluwapelumi29@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation .exam starts soon..and if it requires my paying a little amount for the scanning send me your acct no too after sending it..pls I need it urgently
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
damiliano:

Kk.thanks.do u know any1 doing MBA Business Administration?

GST 807 is Computer base exams others are pen on paper - written exams. U are to do 22 courses plus seminar and project. 7 Courses first semester, 7 courses second semester, 6 courses third semester and 2 courses plus seminar and project fourth semester. This is my third semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
ferdimako:
The response on NYSC may be obsolete....they have been included on the NYSC website....check that for yourself. I know u don't intend to serve twice...I don't even see any need to serve once. Unless being on that list among other schools doesn't actually connote its status wrt service...they are in that shiirrt. Law school would follow with time.

N36K stands for the new compulsory fee! Wait till January...don't pay now.

I'd like to welcome you!

Thanks a lot, I am not going to pay now, I'll wait till january. I have seen the registrable courses too, and it was according to levels I.e. 100-500. Then another box said that DE students would register for some 100level courses too..this is where I got confused. I am currently in the school now to make enquiries about that. Also, please how much is a 4 unit course? Cos it seems I'll take some 4 unit courses too...thank u all for welcoming me to NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
ayxmania:

Thanks a lot, I am not going to pay now, I'll wait till january. I have seen the registrable courses too, and it was according to levels I.e. 100-500. Then another box said that DE students would register for some 100level courses too..this is where I got confused. I am currently in the school now to make enquiries about that. Also, please how much is a 4 unit course? Cos it seems I'll take some 4 unit courses too...thank u all for welcoming me to NOUN
Ask them there abt d 4 unit cost... yea DE folks do all the GSTs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oladaeyo: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2014

written
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ifeoluwapelumi: I am a masters student at National open university.NOUN I am seriously in need of past questions...in M.Ed Educational planing and Administration.. pls if any one has the first seamester past questions kindly send it to me true ifeoluwapelumi29@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation .exam starts soon..and if it requires my paying a little amount for the scanning send me your acct no too after sending it..pls I need it urgently
Write to library@noun.edu.ng or follow NOUNlibrary at Twitter.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oladaeyo: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
baba11: Eureka!my project topic got approved today @ exactly a year I applied for it...I was told to come back for a letter next week...is anyone knows the content of the letter and the purpose it serves..maybe letter of intro smh! grin

congrat bro...hw did u get the info..did u go check the board at the sc..or mail/sms or ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oladaeyo: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
I am seeing DAM207 questions on my CIT854 tma4.. na wa ooooo....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
oladaeyo: I am seeing DAM207 questions on my CIT854 tma4.. na wa ooooo....
I thought u have submitted all when u were garanteeing 27 and above. I got 26 on that course as some questions came from nowhere.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
godstino2002:

GST 807 is Computer base exams others are pen on paper - written exams. U are to do 22 courses plus seminar and project. 7 Courses first semester, 7 courses second semester, 6 courses third semester and 2 courses plus seminar and project fourth semester. This is my third semester.

Thank you very much.pls,which program are you doing there?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oladaeyo: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
ferdimako:
I thought u have submitted all when u were garanteeing 27 and above. I got 26 on that course as some questions came from nowhere.

ya i did all but dis 1 as I dey see strange questions...Thank God for google,,,I saw noun course material...DASM207...I got 26 too////
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
oladaeyo:

congrat bro...hw did u get the info..did u go check the board at the sc..or mail/sms or ?
...physical presence noni!!!! angry grin grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oladaeyo: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
baba11: ...physical presence noni!!!! angry grin grin

na wa ooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dovemart(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Plz, is there any body here that at the Port Harcourt Study Centre? I have an important question to ask. Just call 07035526999
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
damiliano:

Thank you very much.pls,which program are you doing there?

Master in Business administration (MBA). At ur third semester, u pick ur option from:
1) Banking and Finance
2) Marketing
3) Human resources Management and
4) Information Technology.

My option is MBA in Marketing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by phemmie06(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
@all I am an nce holder, with d7 in my o level result but credit in gse, can still get admission into the school de program, if yes what are the criteria and procedures?
Also how relevant or acceptable is the school result?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
godstino2002:

Master in Business administration (MBA). At ur third semester, u pick ur option from:
1) Banking and Finance
2) Marketing
3) Human resources Management and
4) Information Technology.

My option is MBA in Marketing

Kk.do u mind emailing me your contact plsss
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
phemmie06: @all I am an nce holder, with d7 in my o level result but credit in gse, can still get admission into the school de program, if yes what are the criteria and procedures?
Also how relevant or acceptable is the school result?
chai.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.