Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478859 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

Good morning

Firstly, Solving a course tma has no effect if one did not sit for exam. You can take the exam next semester but you will need to redo tma.

Secondly, you wont pay for course registration when you are ready to take the exam but you may have to pay for exam fee as in my own case this semester. Before now, one dont pay for both course and exam reg again in such situation.

No cause for alarm. It's one of the reasons that make the school flexible. Your case is normal.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. But do I have to go to my SC to notify them? And also, next semester, will I just pay d compulsory fee and also d exam fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2015
ayxmania:

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. But do I have to go to my SC to notify them? And also, next semester, will I just pay d compulsory fee and also d exam fee?

No, you dont have to notify anybody. Pay compulsory fee, check if the courses are under "list of previously registered courses for examination". If yes. No need to pay for exam again. Else, you pay for exam.

But note: you will redo all the tmas
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uchebike(m): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

same ... do u offer mth381 ?
I did it last semester, wz somehw tuff, so I got heip from other gurus in my study centre., presently I'm offering MTH312, MTH341, MTH382, MTH301 and 4 CIT courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2015
uchebike:
I did it last semester, wz somehw tuff, so I got heip from other gurus in my study centre., presently I'm offering MTH312, MTH341, MTH382, MTH301 and 4 CIT courses.

okay bro .. mine is mth301 , mth381 , mth311
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uchebike(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

okay bro .. mine is mth301 , mth381 , mth311
K, if m done with mth301 I'll bring it 2 ur notice, are'nt u in mth/comp sc dept?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 11:36am On Mar 07, 2015
uchebike:
K, if m done with mth301 I'll bring it 2 ur notice, are'nt u in mth/comp sc dept?

I am.. wah bouh you ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uchebike(m): 12:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

I am.. wah bouh you ?
Yeah I'm in mth/comp sc. dept as well. Asaba study centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
I need NOUN friends to chat with on watsapp. add me 08067074626 Abeokuta and Awa center only
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
uchebike:
Yeah I'm in mth/comp sc. dept as well. Asaba study centre.
jorhney:

I am.. wah bouh you ?

I'm also in Math/Comp Sc, Enugu SC and will like to have ur contacts. I'll b offering POP next semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

No, you dont have to notify anybody. Pay compulsory fee, check if the courses are under "list of previously registered courses for examination". If yes. No need to pay for exam again. Else, you pay for exam.

But note: you will redo all the tmas
Thanks a lot
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
@SONKOko, @ayxmania

Just augmenting what's been said...
Unless the procedure's been changed, as far as I recall, you don't need to pay for exam fees twice for an exam you never sat for. If you miss it this semester, redo the TMAs next semester and sit for the exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please am a fresher,
How does the exam for 100 & 200 level looks like? Is it like the TMA or its takes another dimension, and hw many questions are usually in the exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
ayxmania:
Hello good morning. I registered 9 courses and I paid for their exams hoping to take the exams this semester only for something to come up at work. Now I won't be chanced to take the exams.. What can I do?? I have solved all the tmas. Is there a way I can take the exams next semester without having to pay for the courses?

Having gone through the various comments on your situation, I want to add that you should visit your study centre with your exam registration slip to drop the exam registration.

This will return the registration fee previously charged to your e-wallet and give you a chance to register those courses next semester.

It is very good to be on the safe side.. Leaving the courses registered without writing the exams is risky..

Drop the exam registrations at your centre.. NOUN gives "F" for registered and unwritten courses now.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
NixowL:

Just augmenting what's been said...
Unless the procedure's been changed, as far as I recall, you don't need to pay for exam fees twice for an exam you never sat for. If you miss it this semester, redo the TMAs next semester and sit for the exam.

It has probably been changed.

I am talking from personal experience bro. I know one dont need to pay for course and exam fees twice for a course he/she didnt sit for or having missing result in.

Before wednesday this week, 2 courses I didnt sit for last semester and another two which I'm having missing results were all under registered courses for examination. But when I checked my portal on wednesday evening, all the 4 courses were as at that time under available courses for exam registration. I had to pay yesterday to re-register them.

Also, the reply Ikeja study centre director gave to someone in similar situation was that he's not supposed to pay for course registration again but may have to pay for exam.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
alakaloko:

Having gone through the various comments on your situation, I want to add that you should visit your study centre with your exam registration slip to drop the exam registration.

This will return the registration fee previously charged to your e-wallet and give you a chance to register those courses next semester.

It is very good to be on the safe side.. Leaving the courses registered without writing the exams is risky..

Drop the exam registrations at your centre.. NOUN gives "F" for registered and unwritten courses now.

I go with you. That's the best thing to do.

I wanted to drop the courses I talked about above but one of the guys at my SC IT office said no need, it's automated, I wont have to pay again. Only for me to check my portal the same day to see that they have been removed from list of registered courses for exam to courses available for registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pimiento:
Please am a fresher,
How does the exam for 100 & 200 level looks like? Is it like the TMA or its takes another dimension, and hw many questions are usually in the exam?

Unlike the TMA, one question with options to choose from will be displayed. You need to click on next button to see other questions. Some questions will require you to fill in the gap.

80 questions for most courses. 35 questions for MTH courses. While few have 120 questions. (I hope am right because it has been long I did e-exam).
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

Unlike the TMA, one question with options to choose from will be displayed. You need to click on next button to see other questions. Some questions will require you to fill in the gap.

80 questions for most courses. 35 questions for MTH courses. While few have 120 questions. (I hope am right because it has been long I did e-exam).

what of POP exam cause this will be my first time to write it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

what of POP exam cause this will be my first time to write it

POP means pen on paper. It's like WAEC exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

POP means pen on paper. It's like WAEC exam.

aiit... do u use past questions??

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samueldo(m): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please is the registration still on?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

Aiit tnx a lot.
Bt dis tin is getting me scared oo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zoborodo: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please is anyone studying M(Ed) edu admin and planning? Ikeja study centre to be precise
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

aiit... do u use past questions??

No PQs. At times, some questions set for TMAs are repeated in exams
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
@SONKOko - Oh, I see.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
SONKOko:

No PQs. At times, some questions set for TMAs are repeated in exams

I was told that past questions do come out in d exam..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

Sorry, I thought you were the one that asked about e-exam.

Yes, Past questions do come out in exam just like in other schools. You dont want to base your preparation for exam only on PQs in other not to be dissapointed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=SONKOko post=31396735]

I go with you. That's the best thing to do.

I wanted to drop the courses I talked about above but one of the guys at my SC IT office said no need, it's automated, I wont have to pay again. Only for me to check my portal the same day to see that they have been removed from list of registered courses for exam to courses available for registration.
The registration fee must have been returned to your wallet.. That's perfect.. Register them next semester if you are available.. Best wisHes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=alakaloko post=31402126][/quote]

No refund because I didnt drop them. I only discussed droping them with one the IT guys but was told no need to drop them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
jorhney:

Oga no pq for e exam. Study your tma and materials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 12:04am On Mar 08, 2015
Kazrem:

Oga no pq for e exam. Study your tma and materials.

not talking bout e-exam ... its POP exam m talking bout bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by classic01(f): 2:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Pls ur assitance needed av registerd my courses and yet I can't find my tma even wen I tried adding them manually I now saw my last semester tma there pls wat can I do I need to start solving the tma's

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.