Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3488666 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 4:45am On Apr 04, 2017
sirmmykay:
pls need your help, my money just reflected on my portal, i've been running a pgd prog since 2014, i saw a column which says "semester count" pls what am i to do. how many semester am i to type there. plssss

it seems the essence of the semester count is to know the amount to deduct for compulsory fee for the semester. As a new student, One (1) would be their semst count and 40k Wu b deducted. but as for ur own case, as a returning student, 18k Wu be deducted so I think u shu write 3 as ur semester count.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ayomeedey: 7:56am On Apr 04, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Nouedu.net
please Is the registration still on
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by beegurl(f): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2017
ananne:
Pls I need to talk to a Pgd student of criminology and security studies. I need some information asap. It's gonna determine if I will do the course in noun.

Pls help.

Have u gotten any info, I need it too pls let me know
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2017
Ayomeedey:
please Is the registration still on
REGISTRATION IS STILL ON!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sirmmykay(m): 11:11am On Apr 04, 2017
Phiheywhy1:

it seems the essence of the semester count is to know the amount to deduct for compulsory fee for the semester. As a new student, One (1) would be their semst count and 40k Wu b deducted. but as for ur own case, as a returning student, 18k Wu be deducted so I think u shu write 3 as ur semester count.

Thank you so much but don't forget i said since 2014
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by beegurl(f): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2017
SOS: I need help from those that registered/studying/studied criminology and security studies (pgd). I v so many questions to ask . Pls contact me, even if it's sms I will call bk, 09074597403. Thank u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thetherapist: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Please I need help o. I applied for admission. After paying the 7500 application fee, I couldn't continue with the application. When I tried checking my RRR, it showed transaction not successful. I have my payment receipt with me.
How do I solve this?
Anybody once in a situation like this, how did you rectify it? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Thetherapist:
Please I need help o. I applied for admission. After paying the 7500 application fee, I couldn't continue with the application. When I tried checking my RRR, it showed transaction not successful. I have my payment receipt with me.
How do I solve this?
Anybody once in a situation like this, how did you rectify it? Thanks

Remove the -(dash) in between the RRR numbers and try and check your RRR payment status
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adeskillz: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Phiheywhy1:

wat u jes posted jes scare me i put in 1as my semester count na 18k dem deducted nt 40k nd am done wit exam nd course reg jes wanna start ma tma am a new student
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
hi people,
i hav bin tryin 2 answer my tma bt afta clickin on submit it wil go 2 anoda page dat says service unavailable
pls wats d next step to correct dis issue?
urgent responses pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sirmmykay(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
Profandie:
hi people,
i hav bin tryin 2 answer my tma bt afta clickin on submit it wil go 2 anoda page dat says service unavailable
pls wats d next step to correct dis issue?
urgent responses pls

network. just keep trying
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
beegurl:
SOS: I need help from those that registered/studying/studied criminology and security studies (pgd). I v so many questions to ask . Pls contact me, even if it's sms I will call bk, 09074597403. Thank u

Are you in whatsapp? Pls give me your number on whatsapp. Let's see how we can collaborate to get the info we want. Want to start the next semester with them
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
beegurl:
I advise you to ask whatever question you have here. Don't be shy. More so, don't engage in any private message yet since you are a new student (or about to be a student.) Ask here and you will see someone to answer you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
sirmmykay:
pls need your help, my money just reflected on my portal, i've been running a pgd prog since 2014, i saw a column which says "semester count" pls what am i to do. how many semester am i to type there. plssss
This is how semester count works: just count the number of semesters you had done prior to this year and then add 1 to it. In your own case, PGD is usually 3 semesters. How many semesters have you done before? If just one, then your semester count (if you are registering for this semester) will be 2. Clear enough ma?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ribasandez:
Two courses (5 TMAs) on my TMA course-list are not opening. Is anyone having the same challenge? And what can be done to resolve the problem?
You are not the only one. Just chill. It would be uploaded
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adeskillz:

wat u jes posted jes scare me i put in 1as my semester count na 18k dem deducted nt 40k nd am done wit exam nd course reg jes wanna start ma tma am a new student

Course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
sirmmykay:

network. just keep trying
tanks so much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
Kazrem:

You are not the only one. Just chill. It would be uploaded

Thanks a lot. That is relieving. I visited the ICT department at Victoria Island study centre, and that was exactly what they said.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zinnykalu: 12:01am On Apr 05, 2017
plz i have been trying to register my courses i havnt be able to do that msc in edu techn plz i need help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by achemomi: 12:27am On Apr 05, 2017
What can I do about this please. I had 14k in my formal noun portal. I want to add some amount to it to enable me register for this semester but my wallet is showing zero naira. Please, how can I get this money back on my wallet?
Thanks in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thetherapist: 5:30am On Apr 05, 2017
Kazrem:

This is how semester count works: just count the number of semesters you had done prior to this year and then add 1 to it. In your own case, PGD is usually 3 semesters. How many semesters have you done before? If just one, then your semester count (if you are registering for this semester) will be 2. Clear enough ma?

Is PGD 3 semesters or 2? Was thinking its just a year. Kindly help clarify this

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thetherapist: 5:31am On Apr 05, 2017
zyead:

Remove the -(dash) in between the RRR numbers and try and check your RRR payment status

Still same issue when I typed RRR without the hyphen
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:33am On Apr 05, 2017
Thetherapist:

Is PGD 3 semesters or 2? Was thinking its just a year. Kindly help clarify this
3 semesters. A year and half
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 6:40am On Apr 05, 2017
oyegbe:
No. I also register that course this semester.
that is not the case here, After the trip we are ask to write report that will be access and send to Headquarter. I dont know maybe the report will served as exam or we will still write the exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:01am On Apr 05, 2017
zinnykalu:
plz i have been trying to register my courses i havnt be able to do that msc in edu techn plz i need help
Which browser did you use? Which site are you using? Use chrome. The right link is nouonline.net
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2017
Are you the busy type? Are you having issues with your Tma? Let capable hand handle your Tma and be assured of 30/30. Contact/WhatsApp us today on 07030340696
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Thetherapist: 7:37am On Apr 05, 2017
Oluwasolayimika:
Hi people, Please how long does it take for Project Topics to get approved cause its been over 8months( August 2016)since myself and my colleagues(PGD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, Ikeja SC but now in VI) submitted our project topics and it's still yet to be approved. Each time we visit the SC we are being told they are still expecting the list too
Good day, please what is the duration of the PGD? Someone just said 3 semesters and I was thinking its just a 2 semester course. Can you please clarify this as you are also doing PGD. Any other person can help expantiate on this too. Thanks and hope to hearing back from you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2017
pls oo ,I just check my results now bt is showing no data at all of which I still saw the results last week. Do any one observe this
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:49am On Apr 05, 2017
HOW TO CHECK YOUR RESULT ON THE NEW NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA PORTAL – Nouonline.Net

The result was finally released about two weeks ago and many students are complaining that they don’t know how to check their result. So today we are going to learn how to check our results on the new NOUN Portal, am also going to explain the result page so that you will know what all the features that are provided in the result page mean.

Let’s get started.

Step 1

You have to visit the NOUN website i.e. nouonline.net. You can do this using your smart phone or laptop. I would recommend you us Google chrome internet browser and a very fast internet connection.

After the website opens up you should click on “Student Login” button.

Step 2

After the student login page opens, you have to enter your Matric Number and Password so that you will be logged in to you personal portal. If you don’t have the password yet please visit the ICT Department of your Study Centre so that they can create one for you.

Step3

After a successful login click on the “Courses” button at the top of the page and a drop down menu list will come up.

Select “Result” from the menu list so that you will be taken to your personal result page

UNDERSTANDING THE RESULT PAGE

*At the left hand corner you will see your CGPA, it has been calculated for you so you don’t need to do the calculation yourself.
*Moving down a little bit you will see your Grade Statistics, it shows you how many A’s, B’s, C’s, D’s, E’s and F’s you have gotten throughout your studies in the school.
*At the right hand corner you will see your “Academic Performance Report” which is divided into two.

1. STATEMENT OF RESULT – it shows you the entire course you have ever taken in NOUN and your grades on them, the courses are arranged alphabetically.

2.PERFORMANCE TIMELINE – here you will find all the courses you have ever taken in NOUN but this time they are divided into semesters, which means it shows you academic performance from your first semester exam till the last semester exam you took.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.