Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503223 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2017
Good morning I wrote 7 but am seeing just 5 o Med in Educational Technology
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2017
Mikeshine:
Actually my credit unit is over complete, but there is a course which I registered in 300"level which I did not do then due to the reason that my elective for that semester was completed but before the migrating of old portal to new, the course kept coming up over and over. So in 400 level I re-registered for the course but the result didn't come out till now. I've written through study center for missing result hoping it will reflect in the new uploaded result. My question is, will it be waved since it's an elective course and I have completed my major core courses with all elective course?

Please I need answer..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
pls is it a must I register my project nd TP for exams after registering them as courses Becks i won't b examind on both, cos I just checked my result nd didn't find any dere?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ohcanada(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
sallee:
yes I did, paid 40k January 2016 and submitted the project last year august. Later found out that the study centre didn't send the project to abuja till this year march after I insisted on seeing their records. NB: I only had missing result in first semester and cleared it in second semester.

Alright!!! Thank you so much and congrats. See you in ABUJA
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
to9ice:
pls is it a must I register my project nd TP for exams after registering them as courses Becks i won't b examind on both, cos I just checked my result nd didn't find any dere?

It's a must.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NokiaN8(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
When registering last semester must one register for course, and for exams, when it a carry over course or u just to register for the exam only, I mean for carry over.. Becos couldn't find the result.. Or what shud i do
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by missyojo(f): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Profandie:
Good morning
I wrote 7 but am seeing just 5 o
Med in Educational Technology
That's how they do, will release some and won't release the others. Best thing is to re-register it again even if you write letter of missing results they won't answer you from now till tomorrow. The other two is a missing result already.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
missyojo:

That's how they do, will release some and won't release the others. Best thing is to re-register it again even if you write letter of missing results they won't answer you from now till tomorrow. The other two is a missing result already.
Nawa o..
thanks for the info.
I really appreciate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Who else is not seeing MBA 806 Human Resource Management?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pimiento(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pimiento:
Am having 4 courses with their result not showing. ACC405, ACC419, ACC426 and BUS406. Including my Project and SIWES. PLS IS ANYONE EXPERIENCING SAME
Pls, I need answers!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fabour8312: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pls one of my courses was not released; do they normally release such later in NOU.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sallee(f): 5:31am On Nov 05, 2017
fabour8312:
Pls one of my courses was not released; do they normally release such later in NOU.

Thank you
. They hardly/rarely release such result, register them again to save yourself from much delay.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2017
sallee:
. They hardly/rarely release such result, register them again to save yourself from much delay.
They will release it.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2017
Elective courses can be waved, as long as you have attained the required credit unit to graduate. Only Core course can stop u from graduating

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2017
Siwes result has anyone she it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2017
can't see my result here , keep gettin error
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mogenerous(f): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Hi everyone, please I need answers to some question and I am asking on behalf of a friend.

He finished with his required courses last year but was surprised he name wasn't on the convocation list. After so much troubles going to find out what really could have happened at his study center, he was told to go to VI to find out.

On getting there, the man there told him he has 3 courses to write, 2 of them are 200l courses that were introduced when he was in 400l, both GST courses and the last one is a core course which he wrote in 400l but he never saw the result. If only he knew this before the last semester exam was done, he would have done all the courses.

He requested for statement of result sometimes in June, on getting to his study center last month, his request was granted and he was given a letter that contains approval of his request and the other two sheets contains his result.

Now his concern is is it possible to be given statement of result if he hasn't been cleared yet?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2017
@MIKESHINE pls wat do I do now cos it was last semester I registered both d project nd
TP as courses but not for exam. So pls wat do I do now?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
to9ice:
@MIKESHINE pls wat do I do now cos it was last semester I registered both d project nd
TP as courses but not for exam. So pls wat do I do now?

You have to re-register it. It happened to me as I didn't register my IT as exam so I had to register it for exam as course and for exam, and it was released even before the result came out.
Note:
Write a letter of missing result after or before doing the registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mogenerous:
Hi everyone, please I need answers to some question and I am asking on behalf of a friend.

He finished with his required courses last year but was surprised he name wasn't on the convocation list. After so much troubles going to find out what really could have happened at his study center, he was told to go to VI to find out.

On getting there, the man there told him he has 3 courses to write, 2 of them are 200l courses that were introduced when he was in 400l, both GST courses and the last one is a core course which he wrote in 400l but he never saw the result. If only he knew this before the last semester exam was done, he would have done all the courses.

He requested for statement of result sometimes in June, on getting to his study center last month, his request was granted and he was given a letter that contains approval of his request and the other two sheets contains his result.

Now his concern is is it possible to be given statement of result if he hasn't been cleared yet?

If he didn't rewrite the exam that means he has been cleared or let me say waved. Statement of result can't be granted unless he's finished *my guess
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
faisalcan:
Elective courses can be waved, as long as you have attained the required credit unit to graduate. Only Core course can stop u from graduating

Thanks for responding. I'm relieved. Happy Sunday
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mogenerous(f): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mikeshine:

If he didn't rewrite the exam that means he has been cleared or let me say waved. Statement of result can't be granted unless he's finished *my guess

We thought so too.. Thanks for the reply. I guess he has to wait for the list to confirm
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
SEMINAR IN THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION, LAGOS STUDY CENTRE VI

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
SCHEDULE FOR ORAL DEFENCE OF IT/SIWES, LAGOS STUDY CENTRE VI

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
IMPORTANT NOTICE

On semester basis since Prof Adamu became VC there has been traditions of portal error of different types, so I advice you do these check ups on a regular basis if possible daily:

Check your portal to see you can login

Check your registered courses and exams

Check your wallet balance

Check the course you are doing

Check if there are changes in your course codes

Pls all these will be done in your portal so learn how to navigate your portal

You can contact me if you notice any issue for rectification

Warm regards
Mcharthony (08185025045)

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
My siwes result wasn't released. Am I suppose to register it for exam? This is my last semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
shezy:
My siwes result wasn't released. Am I suppose to register it for exam? This is my last semester

Yes you have to.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mikeshine:

Yes you have to.
Hello,
Sincerely I don't know if this issue of siwes and project exam registration is official, but I registered my siwes last year and defend in Jan. without any exam registration and I have my result even before the release of general result. I think this issue of registering the exams or not should be officially addressed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lekz: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please I will like to know the process for obtaining academic transcript at NOUN. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elobyobi: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Hello, please is there anyone here doing PGD Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution? I would like to have a discussion partner.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
zyead:

Hello,
Sincerely I don't know if this issue of siwes and project exam registration is official, but I registered my siwes last year and defend in Jan. without any exam registration and I have my result even before the release of general result. I think this issue of registering the exams or not should be officially addressed

Well, my own IT result wasn't released until I registered it as an exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (1582) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.