Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,721 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting (29465 Views)

Amaechi, Akpabio, Melaye, Ben Murray-Bruce Hangout At Event (Photos) / Nigerian Hacking Governors Forum: Amaechi, Akpabio, Uduaghan Hacked Phones Too / 21 PDP Governors Boycott Reconciliation Meeting In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by sammy329(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
The Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi and his Akwa Ibom State counterpart, Godswill Akpabio again clashed at the Sunday night’s peace meeting, held at the Presidential Villa between President Goodluck Jonathan and the governors of the “New” Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.”

Mr Amaechi, who is the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF, and Mr Akpabio, the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, were reportedly engaged in a shouting match, pouring invectives on each other.

They were said to have used unprintable words to describe each other at the parley held at the First Lady’s wing of the Presidential Villa, to seek ways of reconciling the New PDP and the Bamanga Tukur-led PDP.

Sources at the Sunday meeting said Messrs Amaechi and Akpabio clashed while the meeting was in progress.

A source told PREMIUM TIMES that during the discussion, the Rivers State governor, apparently angry, accused his Akwa Ibom State counterpart of corruption.

‘You’re a terribly corrupt man,” Mr Amaechi reportedly yelled at Mr Akpabio, in anger.

The governor of Akwa Ibom State was said to have responded by saying “What did I steal, how am I corrupt? You’re the one that is corrupt.”

However, calm soon returned to the meeting when Mr Jonathan prevailed on Mr Amaechi not to describe the Akwa Ibom governor with such words.

The truce induced by the president’s intervention was short-lived, as the South-South governors soon resumed their quarrel.

During the second phase of the clash, Mr Akpabio was said to have complained that members of his family were no longer safe in the country.

PREMIUM TIMES sources said the Akwa Ibom Governor specifically lamented that his daughter in one of the higher institutions in the north was being “bullied.”

In his response, Mr Amaechi was said to have told the Akwa Ibom Governor that his daughter was suffering that fate because the money he donated to the school, was stolen.

“They are bullying your daughter because the money you went there to donate is not yours, it was stolen money,” the Rivers State Governor reportedly told the Akwa Ibom state governor.

PREMIUM TIMES further gathered that during the altercation, apparently in response to a threat that officials of the Economic and Finance Commission, EFCC, would investigate him, the Rivers State governor was quoted as saying that he was not afraid of the Commission.

Mr Amaechi reportedly said that if the Commission’s officials were dispatched to Rivers State to investigate his administration, they would find nothing incriminating and that he would ask them to go to Akwa Ibom State where, according to him, the public treasury was being looted.

Both governors had last month clashed during a meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo to resolve the crisis that trailed the May 24 NGF’s election.

At the meeting with the former president, Mr Amaechi was said to have accused Mr Akpabio and some other governors of going behind their colleagues to tell Mr Jonathan different stories after any meeting, to show that they were not part of the discussion.

The meeting where both governors met were convened to reconcile the two factions of the PDP.

The ruling party split into two when, on August 31, seven governors elected on its platform, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and its other chieftains, announced the birth of the “New PDP”.

The seven governors are Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Musa Kwankwaso (Kano), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Ailyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Babangida Aliyu (Niger) and Mr Amaechi.

The splinter group also named Kawu Baraje, a former acting National Chairman of the PDP and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, a former National Secretary of the party, as its national chairman and national secretary, respectively.

Source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144768-exclusive-amaechi-akpabio-clash-reconciliation-meeting.html
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by cescadove: 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
THEY WILL ALWAYS CLASH .
ONE WANTS TO REMAIN A LEADER, THE OTHER IS SAFER BEING A FOLLOWER !

17 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Forester45(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
I know Mr President was happy whn they were quarelling. Nigeria needs Gods intervention. We have dedicated idiots as leaders.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by onomeasike: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
O pari tongue

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Sijo01(f): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Good for them

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Between Amaechi and Akpabio who's better interms of definable development(s)?

Once I used to watch on the TV the un- realisable rail project embarked upon by Amaechi, aside that, I've not heard of what he's done in recent times.

Apart from Fight! Fight!! Fight!!!

36 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
Signed.No tresspassing pls,brb.am back,we need a carricature of the way they behaved @ each other,ASAP.Besides,na only bully dem dey bully ur daughter,u no even thank God say dem no kidnap am ni,mtcheeeeew.
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by dekoko87: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
What is their problem? That is their pot of soup

Get latest tips here http://naijatips.com
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Davo93(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
I have an issue with Premium News with the way they report their news. They show their political interest in a group and in Amaechi. Why would they report Amaechi as the chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum when we are all aware there is an issue going on there, betterstill why not Amaechi led faction of the Governors forum??

I have no problem with Amaechi or Jang rather with the way Journalism is been portrayed by Premium News. This is the second time i am noticing this with them.

33 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by rooftech: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
i am happy akpabio has been told he is a fraud

21 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by WHIZBRO(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nnkan nbe

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by donted(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
Forester45: I know Mr President was happy whn they were quarelling. Nigeria needs Gods intervention. We have dedicated idiots as leaders.
Hw do u knw mr president was happy? I guess u r in d meeting with them.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by theripper3: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Too bad, nobody was maced.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Mubby4luv(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Amaechi dis Amaechi tht, I done tire o

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Lilaex: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Amachi.. Is an Id!ot way no get respect 4 I'm elders.. And so is any body way support am.. Dat kind of person and ppl way day support am go fit F*CK their mother... 4 all ah ker.. Rubbish... Mak I'm no wori I'm eye go open 2015.. Cum day day talk SH*T im no get eye? to see watn Godswill don do comper 2 him...(SIC)

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by jmoore(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Where are the punches?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by alcuin(m): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Wahala in the country......

Let these guyz be sensible and give peace a chance. We need real development and not politricking.

In truth, Nigeria has no ruling class. Just a bunch of hoodlums
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Na who we go ask....." A source" a source that will never hv a name. Prenium times keep mixing facts and fiction...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by 80million1: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
looks like two-fighting among primary school kids
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by damibravo(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
Honestly, am liking dis amechi dude.....
Honourables are better politician than the so called governors and presidents!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by 80million1: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
yemibayo: .
See ur life, u didn't even come 1st. It's not by power, it's not by might. It's by Grace!
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by basmong: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
Pls which of d daughters? because all are under age. Unless the ones gotten ''outside'': i no know oooo.
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by poj(m): 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
i am loving these misunderstandings. I pray it goes on till next year. We need a change of leadership in Nigeria, my problem is that there is little or no difference between the ruling party and the so called opposition. Nigeria and its political drama

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by 80million1: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lilaex:
You see ur life, Upon all, u no even get 1st.
It's not by power, it's not by might!
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Chiscomax(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
[size=18pt]will this stop those aboki people from calling my line and speaking hausa to me??

what is really wrong with them? always calling wrong numbers!angry
[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by ATMCARD2(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Oswenemete(f): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
As usual i thought akpabio should have been lloyd or was there asp aid to kickbox. Aturu them.
Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by Gayigaskia(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Chiscomax: [size=18pt]will this stop those aboki people from calling my line and speaking hausa to me??

what is really wrong with them? angry
[/size]

No WTF is wrong with you?
Did you just scape from the zoo ?

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by skot3: 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Even if dis crisis is resolved, their is still going 2 be a continuous cold war. I wonder who will be d scapegoat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’ve No Information To Provide On Aisha Buhari Being Wanted In US –US / Akpo Bomba Yeeh Decamps To PDP, Dumps APC / Ekiti Court Remands Moyinoluwa Olowoyo For EndSARS Protest. Sowore Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.