Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators (1988 Views)

Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / Interested In Moderating This Section? / Interested In Moderating This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2013
I would like to chip in this.......
We should learn to criticise positively rather than resorting in2 using vague words against each other.
Mods should endeavour 2 hide post that are contrary to the discussion in a thread.
Apply a strict disciplinary action upon anybody who's fond of using foul sentences (Its either the the post is hidden and if he/she persit in such indecent attitude, should get an outright ban.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2013
I've gotten a reply from the administrator. I guess his eyes are on this thread too.

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by iheanyi40(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1: I've gotten a reply from the administrator. I guess his eyes are on this thread too.
4 ur mind u wan bcum mod abi undecided
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by ciphoenix: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2013
Only thing causing this is the fact that threads are CLOSED not DELETED so the "new" icon still appears after such threads in the section

Also learn to report such threads. Can't remember reporting a double thread that wasn't handled.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by ciphoenix: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2013
Godvilla: This is the only way 2 checkmate these so called "Junk threads"
No strings attached!!!

That won't be realistic. Moderating isn't a full time job you know
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 10:53am On Sep 17, 2013
iheanyi40: 4 ur mind u wan bcum mod abi undecided
I'm not an active user of this section, so forget about the issue of becoming a mod! I'm simply not interested!
I'm only spearheading a long due revolt!
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1:
I'm not an active user of this section, so forget about the issue of becoming a mod! I'm simply not interested!
I'm only spearheading a long due revolt!
why spearhead a long due revolt on a thread ur not active in even goin far to send a mail to ur claimed administrator

lol..

ALTHO UR RYT BRO..

BUT UR THREAD IS AMONG THOSE JUNKS I SEE on this section..
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2013
ciphoenix:

That won't be realistic. Moderating isn't a full time job you know
The bottom line is, it'll be review by any mod, doesnt matter how many hours it takes.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2013
deejay_harry1: why spearhead a long due revolt on a thread ur not active in even goin for to send a mail to ur claimed administrator

lol..

ALTHO UR RYT BRO..

BUT UR THREAD IS AMONG THOSE JUNKS I SEE on this section..
The bolded tempted me to post a screenshot, but I won't.
As for being active or not, what I meant is that I don't post comments regularly. But I visit here all the time as well.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by dragnet: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2013
the simple truth is most of the users are just immature & unrealistic about your claims.
how many of you have reported a "junk" thread or a foul post by another user & that report wasn't attended too??

in as much as I would welcome positive criticisms, I won't condone any name calling & irrational posts.
the bbm android craze just started yesterday & is that the reason why this thread was opened? and it's not in anyway being overlooked but sometimes corrective measures have to be taken gradually.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by dragnet: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1:
Mr? The bolded made you sound very ridiculous!
How about checking the below threads... https://www.nairaland.com/1439767/tecno-phantom-a2-vs-nokia

https://www.nairaland.com/106523/jesus-phone-l-k#1871198

I brought out these two out of the hundreds of junk threads available in your section.
If all of you (the mods) do not see these as junk, then something is wrong with your judgement, hence you deserve to be changed!

Sir, with all due respect you make me laugh. in your attempt to make me seem ridiculous, you just exposed your ignorance. those two threads you posted are far from being junk & the second thread you posted dates back to 2008 !!
do you expect me to go dig out threads as far back as then? wake up!
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
dragnet:

Sir, with all due respect you make me laugh. in your attempt to make me seem ridiculous, you just exposed your ignorance. those two threads you posted are far from being junk & the second thread you posted dates back to 2008 !!
do you expect me to go dig out threads as far back as then? wake up!
U GET TIME
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by ciphoenix: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Godvilla: The bottom line is, it'll be review by any mod, doesnt matter how many hours it takes.

So someone who asks for help will have to wait for a response to be approved (no matter how long)?

4 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
hmm phone section turning into Religion section. The Mods re to blame lol

IMHO, these mods re kinda lazy kiki

3 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by mrdrizzy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
ciphoenix:

So someone who asks for help will have to wait for a response to be approved (no matter how long)?
yeah its wrong, threads are bound to be opened and not to be revisited by mods b4 opening,mods cnt always be online 24/7.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Damon03(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Gone are the days when puskin will come and say "Thread closed Continue HERE". This days it's a free for all, you might has well open 15 threads saying the same thing... All the same kudos to the mods but there's room for improvement
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Rogbese(m): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
honsule: @poster.we should be online 24/7 right? what is do u mean by this statement? "without any prompt swift action taken by any of the moderators to curtail such gross misconduct! "

It is High time we implemented New post "being moderator" and approved before it becomes visible for others to view/comment.That will help check unnecessary opening of threads and balderdash posts.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. There are SOOO many duplicate posts here it's becoming embarrassing.

The same discussion about Airtel bis, the same about bbm on android and so many others. Everyone wants to be seen as having started a topic and before you know what's going on it has degenerated to something useless.

Try to point things out and the next thing you get is insults. Nairaland is international now, we really need to clean up.

Let's trim down the fat so the site itself loads quicker.

When you accepted the role of moderator you agreed to take the long hours that go with it. As a regional sales manager, it is your duty to make sure nothing goes wrong with your product in your region and to ensure quality in everything that has to do with it.

3 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
ciphoenix:

YES!!!
This will even help in a better way checkmate new threads springing up. If u nid an urgent answer 2 ur request, simply post in thread in relation to ur request.
Or make a request in a thread u know u'll get a swift response.
*SIMPLE LOGIC BUT IT SURE HELPS*

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Francheezy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmmmm.... Nawa Oohhh
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by honsule(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Rogbese:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. There are SOOO many duplicate posts here it's becoming embarrassing.

The same discussion about Airtel bis, the same about bbm on android and so many others. Everyone wants to be seen as having started a topic and before you know what's going on it has degenerated to something useless.

Try to point things out and the next thing you get is insults. Nairaland is international now, we really need to clean up.

Let's trim down the fat so the site itself loads quicker.

When you accepted the role of moderator you agreed to take the long hours that go with it. As a regional sales manager, it is your duty to make sure nothing goes wrong with your product in your region and to ensure quality in everything that has to do with it.

I agreed to take the long hours to do pro bono service,No doubt about that. shocked shocked shocked Regional manager scenario is not tenable here. Nairaland as being international is Res ipsa loquitur. Do u need loudspeaker to say it loud? grin grin grin
Am a moderator in other respectable forum too.I don't want to mention name here.
No matter how you see it, "moderating a post" before it becomes visible by members to comment is the way out of this massive flood of new threads by people. cool cool cool
Just keep your fingers crossed,u will soon see the change.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by honsule(m): 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ALL. I have meticulously observed without ny iota of mendacity and duplicity that people are so lazy to read the forum before posting or creating a new thread.Hence,it behooves on each nairalanders to read the forum before posting/opening new thread.Any person that is lazy enough not to do that, and opens a new and similar thread will earned a BAN shocked shocked.Guess that is fair enough and stringent measure.I know lot of people will still not read this my post grin grin grin I won't be surprised
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
honsule: @ALL. I have meticulously observed without ny iota of mendacity and duplicity that people are so lazy to read the forum before posting or creating a new thread.Hence,it behooves on each nairalanders to read the forum before posting/opening new thread.Any person that is lazy enough not to do that, and opens a new and similar thread will earned a BAN shocked shocked.Guess that is fair enough and stringent measure.I know lot of people will still not read this my post grin grin grin I won't be surprised
YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL, AND NOT JUST SOME POST IN A THREAD....

U COULD START A THREAD OF THIS NEW RULE...

AND IF NOT GOIN FAR.. DISPLAY IT ON the FRONTPAGE..
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by honsule(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
deejay_harry1: YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL, AND NOT JUST SOME POST IN A THREAD....

U COULD START A THREAD OF THIS NEW RULE...

AND IF NOT GOIN FAR.. DISPLAY IT ON the FRONTPAGE..

Need not do that.Do u know why?The saying that if u want to hide anything from a black man,put it inside a book,People don't like to read.some will even post before the read.See lots of that.....
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Rogbese(m): 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
honsule: @ALL. I have meticulously observed without ny iota of mendacity and duplicity that people are so lazy to read the forum before posting or creating a new thread.Hence,it behooves on each nairalanders to read the forum before posting/opening new thread.Any person that is lazy enough not to do that, and opens a new and similar thread will earned a BAN shocked shocked.Guess that is fair enough and stringent measure.I know lot of people will still not read this my post grin grin grin I won't be surprised

There's no need to turn it into a dictatorship or be totalitarian about it. I support moderating posts before they go live, HOWEVER, you add to your workload exponentially!!!

Instead of a ban, give a first time warning then a ban for a repeat offence. Have a note of repeat offenders that will be banned first time or permanently.

Also, I fully support putting this on front page, in big, bold, red capital letters so none will say they didn't see it. Tho pro bono, keep up the good work. cool

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Jeffy1206(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
u will see Tecno p3 vs nokia torch. tecno dis tecno dat haba na!!! @op ave been having dis same idea for long but tanx for bringin dis up... the mods shud hav done some thing about it lyk closing them.

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
honsule:

I agreed to take the long hours to do pro bono service,No doubt about that. shocked shocked shocked Regional manager scenario is not tenable here. Nairaland as being international is Res ipsa loquitur. Do u need loudspeaker to say it loud? grin grin grin
Am a moderator in other respectable forum too.I don't want to mention name here.
No matter how you see it, "moderating a post" before it becomes visible by members to comment is the way out of this massive flood of new threads by people. cool cool cool
Just keep your fingers crossed,u will soon see the change.
"ALWAYS REMEMBER..........."

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Come on, dont sound like a joker (no offense tho). HOw many peeps would actually open this thread to read each post one by one huh?? Like DJ suggested, you have to open a thread about this and stick it at the top of this section. let it remain there for some months before removing it, it would help bring sanity back to ths chaotic section under yur supervision

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Rogbese(m): 12:10am On Sep 18, 2013
Mods, if una need help let us know grin cool

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Jeffy1206(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2013
I use to lyk dis section so much but seein dis outrageous thread openin witout sense... imagen sombody will ask a question dat nids jst one answer yet open a thread on it; I lost it on de mods when dey keep banning witout justification cool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andriod App Dat Change Ur Voice / How To Install EngineerMode Into Your Samsung, LG Or Any Other Device / How To Browse Unlimitedly With #150 Etialat Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.