Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. (2540 Views)

ABU TALIB - Beloved Uncle Of Muhammad( Mu'min Or Kafir?) / The Death Of Prophet Mohammed - A Test of Prophethood / The State Of Things Before The Prophethood Of Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
As I was preparing for Friday prayer, this morning, the last verse of Surah Kahf came rushing to my mind. The chapter is a chapter that is recommended to be read on Friday ( a period that begins at sunset on Thursday and ending just before the sunsets on Friday), in order to protect oneself against the influence of the Devil.

The last verse in question, starts with "Say," a word indicating a commandment from a Superior to a subordinate. The content/ message of this verse is simple: Muhammad is commanded to tell mankind that he is a human being, who receives revelation that God is One. And who ever hopes to meet this Lord of all, should noble deeds and should associates nothing in the worship of the Lord.

It dawn on me that I need to discuss with my friend, ~Lady~, concerning are misstatement and clear the cobbweb, that may hav lingered, because of the fact that Muhammad does have a different statement about many thing stated in the Bible.

~Lady~, you have stated on one had had if, Muhammad, was ever a prophet, he was a false one, because of the different view points that he has about God being One, instead of Trinity concept. This statement has many facets to it. But it is clear that this is where you draws up your conclusion an infer that a fake prophet at best he was. Really what you have stated is that he was never a prophet. Fake and never really are the same thing.

But in your statement, you have suggested that I need to proof his prophethood to you, without ever using anything from the Bible. This in your opinion should be the essence ad a beginning of our dialogue, whereby there will be clarity of direction. I have listened and heard you and hereby accept your challenge. I ask God Almighty, who we have both acknowledged His existence in our different way guide us in this effort.

I advise you to ask me questions and present any challenging statement as we progress along. Anyone who wishes to participate is encouraged to do so. Maybe in the process, we may be enlightened and better our presently held positions.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by MCUsman(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2008
davidylan:

WHY was moohammad's lifestyle completely at variance with every other prophet in the bible whom he claimed to be a part of?

His lifestyle was not at variance with any other prophet, in fact all prophet live pious life from Adam –Moses – Jesus and to the seal of all prophet Mohammed.

davidylan:

. From Sudan, Chad, Iran to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nigeria . . . please show me one peaceful and safe muuslim nation. It is not always the fault of the caucasion . . . TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN EVIL.

Peace is not subject of any religion, as we have Islamic countries that are in crisis, the same thing is applicable to Christian dominated countries. A practical example of peaceful Islamic society include In Asia include: Malaysia, Singapore, and Kingdom of Bunuel in the Mideast Dubail Yemen, Bahrain Qatar etc. North Africa Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Sub-Sahara African Bokinafaso, Gambia, Mali, Senegal etc. Europe Uzbekistan, Turkistan etc.
While at the same time Christian countries that are in crisis include among others : Uganda, Rwanda, Congo, Liberia, Columbia, Spain Serbia, Haiti,

davidylan:

Because he said so? What is the criteria for "prophethood" and WHY was moohammad's lifestyle completely at variance with every other prophet in the bible whom he claimed to be a part of?

Get over it, muuslims have been playing the victim card for too long. We don't need the caucasians to understand the muuslim mindset. The bible (revised or not)

Just admit it YES IT WAS REVISED Christianity need the letters written by Paul and others to complete their faith in Jesus although he said:
If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth and truth will make you free. John 8: 31/32
Majority of Christians have gone away from the Prophetic Truth by following the so called Pauline Christianity.

davidylan:

Moohammad wasted his time "preaching" on something that was already well known.

The Word of God never changes.
Book of Moses: "You shall have no other gods before Me" Exodus 20: 3
Book of Isaiah: "I, I am the Lord God and besides Me there is no Savior" Isaiah 43: 11

THE GOSPEL[/b]Jesus came and repeated the same thing : "Worship the Lord your God, and serve only Him." Matthew 4: 10
[b]THE QUR'AN

1400 years after Mohammed consolidated the word revealed to Moses – Jesus s: "Say, 'We (Muslims) believe in that which has been sent down to us and that which is sent down to you; for our God and your God is the One and the same, " Qur'an 29: 46.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by NegroNtns(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2008
I am venting!!

I think I will stop contributing to the Islam posts completely. I say this because I responded this morning to this topic and now the response is gone. Completely erased! This will make the third time in recent time that this has happened.
If opinions don't count here then why waste my time offering it? You cannot sensor everything said in the forum, this is not a masjid and neither is it a sacred place for the practice of Islam. If you intend to create an environment of sacredness around your topics, then this is not the ideal location. There are pictures of unclothedness and nudity next room, there are vain talks upstairs and downstairs to your room location, relocate away from all these dirtiness if its your wish to keep everything in here stain free. I am terribly upset!!
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2008
calm down

Maybe what u posted was not Islamic or in accordance with the topic at hand.

What you will find ok as per your religion, some fanatics will not like it

that is why this board reads for muslims and by muslims
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by NegroNtns(m): 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2008
Mukina2,

The post in reference bear the same title as the one here now but it was located in the general secion under Religion. My response in it was directly an answer to something "Imhotep" wrote. The topic was then subsequently relocated here in the "Islam" section. I don't post offensive comments against any religion. I defend what is untruthful in religions. Beside, I consider myself a faithful, I don't follow religion. I was raised practising Islam and I continue to practice Islam but my soul belongs to the faith of Abraham. Islam, Christianity, Judaism are distracted and diverted away from the nobility of Abraham's beliefs and have instead, for most part become political mouthpiece for pushing agendas and ethno-sensitive creeds.

As I have said, I do not appreciate my comments being erased, not especially on something that precarious as the specific issues that were raised in Imhotep's questions.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your respectful response.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by Frizy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
mukina2:

calm down

Maybe what u posted was not Islamic or in accordance with the topic at hand.

What you will find ok as per your religion, some fanatics will not like it

that is why this board reads for muslims and by muslims
Muki, your response dey somehow. embarassed
Is it ever so that when someone tries to express a view as though the prophet taught it another Mus'lim will label him fanatic? I think that's not fair o. sad
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2008
@ Negro
no problem

@ Frizy

am sorry if u feel that way, but its the truth, a few keep sending threats embarassed embarassed

Is it ever so that when someone tries to express a view as though the prophet taught it another Mus'lim will label him fanatic?

No No Frizy you have gone alllll the way, my post didnt get to that extent, yeah we do have fanatics among ourselves, even in other religions, unfortunately those few misinterpret sharia badly!
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by NegroNtns(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2008
Mukina2,
Can you do me a favor, I need to continue that conversation with Imhotep, here or elsewhere I don't care. I don't keep copies of my posts but I need that piece back for me and him to continue our debate on truth. Will you kindly look in your archived materials and if its there send to my email or reactivate here? He doesn't have copy of his questions either.
It was something in line of the purpose and works of Rev MLK in comparison to that of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), Prohet Isa (AWS), three GODS, Exploring The Quran for intellectual works and reviewing the works of the Prophet for analytical critique. If you could recover it I'd owe you.
Thanks.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by NegroNtns(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2008
'Forgot, there is an alert in my mail on an administrative activity on the thread, Seun was the administrator.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2008
Am sorry  but once anything is deleted its gone forever.

You can create a new topic on the main board as long as its not degrading any religion and  no religion will complain.

But if its on/about Islam. am afriad it will have to be here.

Yeah he is the Admin
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by javaprince(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2008
@Mukina
I don't like the fact that people can say anythin dey like in Romance, and Rap section. But the opinions of others when it turns to religious matters are then deleted by some power in charge. This is met to be a forum, at least let ppl hold their discussions in Recycle Bins(Section). No matter bad an opinion is, they are still sharing their views.

For the record, am a muslim -- "Ridwan", and I would hate it if people talk badly about the prophet PBUH, but the same thing goes for d xtians too. So what do you say about the instigation and conclusions been deared at "The Lost Books - Barnabas Section",?? I went thru it a long time ago, and if I was a christian, I wouldn't have been happy.

But this is a Forum, and people should be allowed to share their views and opinions relentlessly. I don't mind some moderator/admin removing some aggressive opinions, - but let them create a Section for dat"

"Freedom of the Press, Nairaland was created by a Nigerian(SEUN - KUDOs to U), but it is FOR NIGERIANS" So let us share our VIEWS. Just give us a session for that,

@Negro-Ntns -- funny name. Am sorry, about what happened to u. Felt ur Pain. Tip, Click the link "Your Posts" Next to "10 Recent Posts" and see if u could at least recover ur post.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by NegroNtns(m): 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
@mukina, thank u for taking the time to look. You keep stressing "disrespectful", "offensive", I understand that as the moderator these keywords are what drive your conclusion on how a topic or post should be disposed, no problem. Given feedbacks that we, your clients, are expressing, I will say there is need within your administrative circle to encompass "intent" and "context" in your reviews so that a post is looked at more in terms of its overall significance to enlightenement than to simply juxtapose the message with the teachings of Islam. As Java said, in addition to similar statements from other users here, we need you guys to apply discretion, not regulations NL is a forum board, not a madrasa, not a masjid. If it is blasphemous, I agree move it somewhere else appropriate for such discussions to continue in its momentum. Do you appreciate the dimensions we bring to these dialogues or would you just rather see us fenced in and contained for the sake of managing provocative thoughts. I get upset really bad when my ideas and expression is erased because someone is offended. Screw that someone! Besides, do you know the effect of that to Islam? It is marginalizing. Islam should be propagated in the face of all attacks, not protected and shielded. I tell you, I will stand and die for TRUTH, wherever I see it. I advocate for humanity, I don't advocate for religion. As I have said earlier, Islam, Xtianity, Judaism, in the way it is practised today is nothing but a shame to the principles and submission offered by the creeds of Prophet Ibrahim (AWS). I follow the teachings and the messages of the lineage of Prophets (May Allah Bless and give them Peace), I don't want some Sheik out of Arabia interpreting for me what Jihad is. Jihad must not always be a a recourse to bloodshed, when you engage your adversaries in intellectual dialogue with the intent to enlighten, them and clear their ignorance, my friend you are in Jihad, when you sit with your enemies and negotiate peaceful accords that is mutually beneficial, you are in Jihad. I am suspicious when we follow blindly behind some dogmas issued in the name of Fatwas from Middle East. They need to execute their Fatwas in their land and not solicit our sentiments in the name of Islam.
Look, let me shut my mouth ' cause I'm still upset and don't want to say things on here that go against my wisdom. But I will close with this and I hope the Xtians here read it, the Xtians are already twisted in their mindsets. They have been swindled by the white man using Bible to profess and advance his caucasian dogmas and hold authority over their destiny. I see the Arabs doing the same thing. This is an African forum, yet I don't see any thread on traditional native African religions, the least we could do if we are Muslims and Xtians and Jews is take it back to the root - Abraham!

@Java, I agree with your proposal, if its not fitting for the eye to see, then somewhere in NL there is a section for "eyesores" and they should move it there, not just purge it out of the library.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by javaprince(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2008
@moderators and admins
TAKE GOOD NOTE
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by babs787(m): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2008
@Negro

It is marginalizing. Islam should be propagated in the face of all attacks, not protected and shielded. I tell you, I will stand and die for TRUTH, wherever I see it. I advocate for humanity, I don't advocate for religion.

I love this part in your post and I 100% support your view and am very sorry for what happened to your post(s).

I believe 99% of nairalanders are matured and should be civil in sending posts.

@Moderators & Admins

Over to you please.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by Lady2(f): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
No No Frizy you have gone alllll the way, my post didnt get to that extent, yeah we do have fanatics among ourselves, even in other religions, unfortunately those few misinterpret sharia badly!

The only way you can prove your religion is by answering questions and not deleting them. If the person does not interpret Sharia badly then there would be no need for them to ask a question. They would ahve an understanding of it.

Now I do take offense to your statement about misinterpretations. As the moderator for the religion section you do not delete the muuslims comments about Christians and trust me the Christianity concepts are interpreted terribly by muuslims. For example the Trinity concept, we have said times without number that the concept does not introduce three different and distinct gods, but one God who came in different forms, as he is very much capable of because he is God. But even in the introduction of this post, Olabowale misinterprets the concept as three separate and distinct gods, and you do not find that offensive enough to be removed? Yet you find it offensive enough to remove the post that misinterprets Sharia. If so go ahead and delete the introductory post by Olabowale because it is offensive to Christians and whenever a muuslim interprets the Bible or other Christian concepts badly, then please delete them. If you are going to be biased, which you are based on your statement, then you shouldn't be the moderator. If you do wish to continue as the moderator then please don't shield muuslims, but everyone. This is a public forum not a "protect the muuslims" forum.
The Catholics are consistently bashed all the time by others and yes muuslims too, but you do not run to their aid. You do not create a separate forum for them.

Just wanted to speak the truth.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2008
Do you know what my post about?

Did u read and understand it well before quoting me?

My post was in reference to what Frizy posted and my saying interpret sharia wrongly i meant the fanatics and not what people post here,

Please do read and understand well before clicking on reply.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by babs787(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Lady

You need to read and re-read posts before sending your rejoinder.

The only way you can prove your religion is by answering questions and not deleting them. If the person does not interpret Sharia badly then there would be no need for them to ask a question. They would ahve an understanding of it.

Is that for the moderator or Muslims. If it is for Moderators, you only ned to read from the beginning and you would understand that it is not Christians' posts that are being deleted but Muslims alike but if your above quote is for muslims, then table your questions and we dig deep into it with regards to Quran and Hadith. If you are ready, I am ready as well.

Now I do take offense to your statement about misinterpretations.

Did you read for understanding or just posting to create confusion?

As the moderator for the religion section you do not delete the muuslims comments about Christians and trust me the Christianity concepts are interpreted terribly by muuslims.

Are you being honest with your above quote?

For example the Trinity concept, we have said times without number that the concept does not introduce three different and distinct gods, but one God who came in different forms, as he is very much capable of because he is God. But even in the introduction of this post, Olabowale misinterprets the concept as three separate and distinct gods, and you do not find that offensive enough to be removed?

Firstly, with due respect, the trinity concept is a hoax and I can humbly proper verses from your bible going against that teaching. If you really want to know the truth about this later inserted doctrine, then check the link opened by Olaadegbu on trinity and you would see my indepth response to the so called doctrine. I even listed verses where Jesus made us known that God is superior to him and they couldnt have been the same but yet you want Olabowale and me to acept that Jesus is God, come off it, Jesus made straight forward statements showing that God sent him and He is superior to him yet you want me as a person to accept it hook, line and sinker. This doctrine happened to be a later insertion and please if you care, you and I can re-open the topic and start fresh discussions and most facts would be from your book and no one will come from my book.

Secondly, I do not think Olabowale misunderstood you but in clear facts, you and your friends clamouring and supporting the doctrine of trinity have not been to prove it beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus happened to be God. No muslims ever claimed that Jesus was not a prophet with a miraculous birth but I am telling in all honesty that there is nothing in this your trinity, it was a later insertion by pagans. Even early christians and some sects do not suport this trinitarian belief with proof from your bible!!

Yet you find it offensive enough to remove the post that misinterprets Sharia. If so go ahead and delete the introductory post by Olabowale because it is offensive to Christians and whenever a muuslim interprets the Bible or other Christian concepts badly, then please delete them. If you are going to be biased, which you are based on your statement, then you shouldn't be the moderator. If you do wish to continue as the moderator then please don't shield muuslims, but everyone. This is a public forum not a "protect the muuslims" forum.

Lady, I think you need to thread with caution. Though I can see that you are annoyed but you misunderstood the context. Mukina is not being biased in the sense that Muslims' posts are being deleted as well. My posts have been deleted and I can still remember vividly a thread or more that was (were) locked just because of my post towards christians. I think Seun needs to come out and speak as well. Moderators have no power of their own to delete posts but with the consent/permission of Seun.

The Catholics are consistently bashed all the time by others and yes muuslims too, but you do not run to their aid. You do not create a separate forum for them.

In all fairness, I do not think Mukina is trying to aid Muslims with regads to deletion/locking of threads. Seun does most of the deletion and it is not Christian posts that are deleted but mostly topics that go off topic etc.

Lady, read again and understand what this is all about and you would find out that you didnt do a thorough research before sending your post

Just wanted to speak the truth.

You did just that but got it all wrong.

Thanks anyway for your contribution but you should note that Muslims' posts have been deleted and are being deleted and apart from myself, you can ask Samba,Mc Usman if their posts have not been deleted just to mention few. So you should not think that Christians happen to be the only victim, Muslims as well are victims of deletion.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2008
The guy who is the host of faithfreedom.org where the "flick," of bad eating manner video is posted, has a challenge for someone to disprove him, about his many assertions about Prophet Muhammad (AS). Please take note that the name of the guy, who claims to be an open enemy to Islam is "Ali."

Below, is the text of my letter to him, in order that he may learn the honest process of throwing a challenge. Unless it is a challenge that was not don't with sincere intention, it is then that you can be the judge and jury.

Challenge to Mr. Ali Sina.‏
Sent: Mon 6/23/08 6:15 PM
To: faithfreedom2@gmail.com

Ali Sina: I think its appropriate that I call you that, if you dont mind. I need to remind you that "Ali," the name you bear with pride, is an Islamic name. You should therefore, since you are an open enemy to Islam, change your name. Otherwise, you are practicing first class hypocracy, in my book.

I say in my book, since you are the one who sets the rule in your challenge to disprove, the many accusations that you made against Prophet Muhammad (AS), on your website. See, I did not hide my religious identity. Unlike you, you should not bear an Islamic name, if you hate Islam this much. Please do not hide behind the claim that, oh, its an Arab name. No sir. You can't claim that since the Christians of Arabia, do not bear it, and I have not heard a Jew of Arabia bearing it either.

But what really brought me to challenge you so that you need to truly proof your empty claims, which is easier for you to do behind a keyboard of the computer and your setting the standard of what is defeat or failure in argument with you, is your posting a documentary of two fully Hijabed women eating spagetti meals publicly at an outdoor bistro, somewhere in the street of Europe. I definitely know that those were not muslim women. Probably at worst they are men or at best women who are planted to make Islam look bad. Well it did not work. We in Islam know better. I think you forgot that we cultured the whole of Europe from Spain, the seat of knowledge and the civility for Europe for many centuries.

But in the words of late Johnnie Cochran: If it does not fit, you must acquit. But in the proper Islam sense of Justice; the burden of proof is on the accuser. You have accused, but you have proven zero. Empty rederic does not wash in proper human settings. The fact is that you claim that what you have said is correct, without any fallacy. Well without even going too far, I can see that you overlooked many things and see the fault in your thinking.

To truly be sure that you are a man of your word, that you will give the 50,000 USD to anyone who can meet your challenge, you will have to do several things: one of them is to have an independent referee and custodian/escrow agent or trustee who will have the money and not you. The reason is that i do not trust you. This is in case that a person meets and exceeds your challenge, you will have to be true to form to give the reward. Now, I just use the protocol of Islamic justice to educate you where I am sure you are deficient, in your playing judge and jury on your forum.

But when you invite people and throw down such a big gauntlet, you just have to walk the walk and talk the talk, Mr. Sina. One have to be honest if there is a true intent to proof a point. All a muslim has to do is to prove that any of your accusation is not 100%. Your empire is finished. No one have to spend that much time trying to demolish you to the ground. A removal of a brick in your house of salt is enough.

I await your response.
unquote
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by Lady2(f): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Mukina2

I did read your post and I know what you were referring to. I read the posts leading up to your posts (yours and Frizy's)

@Babs

I do know that some muslim posts have been deleted, but honestly let's face it, more Christian posts have been deleted even those that were not off topic. I do remember a post of mine that was definitely not off topic. I asked questions pertaining to Islam (which is what people should do about Christianity or Islam or anything else) and before I knew it my questions were deleted, I never received answers. But I do know quite a lot of questions that have been asked about Christianity that have been off topic, were very insulting, but never got deleted.

Then this forum for Muslims alone.

I mean seriously, what's the purpose of the religion forum, if there will be seclusions on groups.
Why wasn't one started for the Catholics?
Why wasn't one started for the atheists?
Why wasn't one started for the buddhists?
Why wasn't one started for the Protestant Christians?
Why wasn't one started for the hindus?

Seriously there's a lot of biasness and I am not the only one.

There should be equality for everyone.

The religion section was created for just that religion, it was supposed to cover all religions, but now we have a special one for muslims. Well I am a Catholic and I am awaiting the Catholics only forum.

I would like to have discussions with my fellow Catholics about our belief, without interruptions, if anyone interrupts, then their posts should be deleted.

When the forum for Catholics is created then I won't be bothered by this anymore.
When the forum for Atheists is created then I won't be bothered by this anymore.
When the forum for each belief is created then I won't be bothered by this anymore.
Until then it still remains an injustice to all.

I know that mukina2 isn't the only one in power, yes Seun has his power and he is equally biased. You can't create a separate forum for one religion and forget about the others.
That is not equality.

By the way babs your post on Trinity is offensive, whether you understand it or not.
You can have your belief of the trinity all you want but it still remains one God in three forms. He presented himself to us in three forms. When Christ speaks of God being one he does not speak out of context and does not contradict the Trinity. When he speaks of God being in three forms, he doesn't speak out of context. These verses support each other, one gives a topic and the other one defines or elaborates more on it. Reading only that one passage and running with it is what I call misinterpretation and misunderstanding. When you quote Jesus finding himself inferior to God you don't dismiss the Trinity concept. If you understand the purpose of Jesus then you will understand how it is he is equal with the father.
When Christ asks us to baptise in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, he shows us the equality in it, this was not a teaching of Paul. This happened before Paul came into the picture, but muslims are quick to jump and say that it is Paul's teaching. Don't forget Christ was crucified before Paul came to be his apostle, and the reason he was crucified is because of his teaching on the Trinity concept. So that nullifies whatever claim that muslims have that Christ didn't preach it and that it was Paul's doing. The Jews know why Christ was crucified and just like the muslims they didn't accept the Trinity concept and didn't understand it so they called Christ a blasphemer for it and therefore asked for his crucifixion. If Christ preached what the muslims preach today, he wouldn't have been crucified, because the muslims believe pretty much what the Jews believe only the muslims to validate themselves say that the Jews corrupted the scriptures.
So the preaching on the Trinity is exactly what Jesus preached. If you understand his purpose and the Trinity concept you will see that the passages that show that Christ exalts the Father does not in any way nullify the Trinity concept, but proves it.
First you must understand the Trinity concept. If you really want to know more about it, I suggest you consult the Catholics, but not just any one someone who has done the study of it. Who knows about the trinity. Your best bet will be with a Catholic Priest, Bishop, well those who devote their life to the "study of God", those who devote their time to the history of the religion, those who devote their time to God himself. Those who have nothing else to do but be submissive to God and his people. I have found that even the protestants don't understand what it is they believe.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2008
Lady

like i stated before i do not think u understood my post, if you did then you would not have replied .its ok anyway
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by babs787(m): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2008
How do I come in now? undecided
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by mukina2: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
Salaam Babs wink

let it slide
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by babs787(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ok babygirl cheesy
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2008
Main article: Muhammed 294

Habib u'l A'zam, Imam u'l Anbiya Sayyidina Muhammed ibn 'Abdullah,(53 B.H-11 A.H; 571-632 AD) [47] is the last prophet in Islam ("seal of the Prophets"wink Idolatry of any of the prophets should be avoided, as their messages from God hold the most weight. His father's name was 'Abdullah ibn 'AbdulMuttalib and his mother's name was Amina bint Wahb az-Zuhriyya. Muhammed (Sallallahu alaihi wa Sallam). Born in Mecca in 571 AD (53 AH), Muhammed spent the first part of his life as a well-travelled merchant. He would often spend his time in the mountains surrounding Mecca in prayer contemplating the situation with the city.

At the age of forty, during one of those trips to the mountain, Muhammed began to, despite his illiteracy, receive and recite verses from Allah which today make up the Qur'an. He quickly spread the message he was receiving, converting a few others in the city, including his wife. He is the last (seal) of the prophets with a message to all humanity. When oppression became intolerable for his followers, Muhammed first asked his fellow Muslims to migrate to Medina and later himself migrated to Medina away from the oppressors in Mecca.

Muhammad served not just as a prophet, but as a military leader who helped defeat the Meccans in 624 during the Battle of Badr. He continued to lead the Muslims as Islam spread across the Arabian Peninsula. He performed the first hajj in 629 and established Islam as it is still practiced by Muslims today. Others continued Muhammad's legacy after his death in 632, having been given the position of caliph (or successor) to Muhammad. The Five Pillars of Islam were established from his Hadiths after Muhammad's death.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2008
The difference between Mohammad and other Messengers is three fold:

i. All previous Messengers were sent to a specific nation in specific region of Earth. Their teachings were also limited for a specific time and period. However, Mohammad was sent to entire mankind and his guidance is for all mankind until the end of times.

ii. It is a fact that the teaching of all previous messengers except Mohammad have all but disappeared, and whatever remained of it is so much altered and mixed with falsely made up stories that it is very difficult to recognize the original teachings. Whist the teaching of Mohammad and the Quran is preserved in its originality, and Allah has promised to protect it until end of times.

iii. Since, the teachings of previous Messengers were limited to specific nation and time, their laws relating to ethics and moral code, justice, trade and financial deals, civilian laws were incomplete. Allah (swt) through his final Messenger Mohamad completed the Religion and perfected it. It includes all the teachings from previous Messengers, and abrogated what was specific to those people and time.

Thus, now the teaching of Mohammad is the only trustable source to reach guidance of Allah. And if one wants to follow teachings of Moses and Jesus, who also brought the religion of Allah to their nations, then he has no other choice but to accept the teachings of Mohammad who left with us the trustable source to guidance from Allah in Quran and Sunnah.

The belief in Mohammad includes four:

i. That he is the Messenger of Allah who brought us the Book of Guidance "Quran"

ii. That he brought us the Deen (religion) that is complete and perfected, and it's applicable to all mankind until end of times

iii. That he receives his guidance from Allah and that his knowledge and guidance his perfect from any defects

iv. That he is the Last and Final Messenger of Allah who has perfected the Deen (religion) of Allah, and there will be no further Messenger after him, as none is needed after the Deen is completed and perfected. And teachings of Mohammad are for remainder of mankind.
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2008
European and Western views
See also: Medieval Christian view of Muhammad

The biographical knowledge about Muhammad in the learned, Latin circles of the Middle Ages in Europe, was remarkably precise to some extent and a good amount of concrete data about his life was known. Learned European circles of the time interpreted the data in such a way that Muhammad was viewed as a charlatan who, being driven by ambition and eagerness for power, seduced the Saracens into his submission under a religious guise.[14] This knowledge about Muhammad's life in the Latin theological texts was not reflected in the popular literature of the Middle Ages where Muhammad was viewed as an idol or one of the heathen gods.[14]

Some medieval Christians said he had died in 666, alluding to the number of the beast, instead of 632;[170] others changed his name from Muhammad to Mahound, the "devil incarnate".[171] Bernard Lewis writes "The development of the concept of Mahound started with considering Muhammad as a kind of demon or false god worshipped with Apollyon and Termagant in an unholy trinity."[172] A later medieval works, Livre dou Tresor represents Muhammad as a former monk and cardinal.[14] Dante's Divine Comedy (Canto XXVIII), puts Muhammad, together with Ali, in Hell "among the sowers of discord and the schismatics, being lacerated by devils again and again."[14]

After the reformation, Muhammad was no longer viewed as a god or idol, but as a cunning, ambitious, and self-seeking impostor.[172][14] Guillaume Postel was among the first to present a more positive view of Muhammad.[14] Boulainvilliers described Muhammad as a gifted political leader and a just lawmaker.[14] Gottfried Leibniz praised Muhammad because "he did not deviate from the natural religion".[14] Friedrich Bodenstedt (1851) described Muhammad as "an ominous destroyer and a prophet of murder."[14]

According to Watt and Richard Bell, recent writers have generally dismissed the idea that Muhammad deliberately deceived his followers, arguing that Muhammad “was absolutely sincere and acted in complete good faith”.[173] Watt says that sincerity does not directly imply correctness: In contemporary terms, Muhammad might have mistaken for divine revelation his own unconscious.[174] Although Muhammad's image in the west is much less unfavorable than in the past, prejudicial folk beliefs remain.[175]

Watt and Lewis argue that viewing Muhammad as a self-seeking imposter makes it impossible to understand the development of Islam.[176][177] Welch holds that Muhammad was able to be so influential and successful because of his firm belief in his vocation.[14] Muhammad’s readiness to endure hardship for his cause when there seemed to be no rational basis for hope shows his sincerity.[178]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2008
Other religious views

Muhammad is mentioned by name in the Hindu scriptures in several aspects. Muhammad appears with the names Amad and Mahāmad.[179] Thus, Muhammad is mentioned, as Mahāmad (the ultimate Amad), in III.3.3.5-27 of the Bhavishya Purana text. The passage is aware of Muhammad's Arabian origin, and portrays him as an epithet of Brahma. It states that Muhammad will redevelop religion for the Arya Dharma people, and will destroy the worship of idols.

It then refers to the other religions as Malechhas (non-Aryan) who have brought a powerful enemy Tripurāsura whom Mahamad has brought a great blessing to kill. It then explains the Malechhas religion as dharmadūṣaka ("polluter of righteousness"wink, a preceptor of paiśācadharma ("ghoulish religion"wink, that spoils the land of the Arabs. [180] [181][182]

In a variety of views of Hinduism held on Muhammad, some scholars assert that the prophet was none else than the Narashan rishi of the Vedas, predicted in the Atharva Veda.[183] One of the prominent Vaishnava proponents, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada maintained that Mohammad and Jesus, were empowered representatives of God, saktiavesa avataras.[184]

Some translate the phrase "the last prophet", suggesting that Vedic deity Agni is none other but Muhammad.[185] In 1926 Siddiq Hussain's two-volume Kannada book, Ja at Guru Sarwar-i 'Alam, argued that the Muhammad was actually Kalki Avatar whose arrival had been predicted in the Hindu scriptures.[186] On the other hand Mirza Ghulani Ahmad argued that Rama and Krishna were prophets of God who had foretold the arrival of Muhammad as God's last law-bearing prophet.[187]

Muhammad is sometimes linked to the passage of the Rig Veda declaring that Narashan rishi will arrive as the "last divine messenger" (antim deva duta), who shall "dispel all darkness" and "conquer death".[188] Bahá'ís venerate Muhammad as one of a number of prophets or "Manifestations of God", but consider his teachings to have been superseded by those of Bahá'u'lláh.[189]

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints considers Muhammad, along with Confucius, the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, to have received a portion of God's light and that moral truths were given to them to enlighten nations and bring a higher level of understanding to individuals.[190] Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, viewed Muhammad as an agent of the Hindu supreme being Brahman.[191]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
Muslim veneration
See also: Islamic views of Muhammad, Naat, Depictions of Muhammad, Islamic music, Qawwali, and Islamic view of miracles

Wazir Khan Mosque (16th century) Fresco painting with floral designs surrounding the words "Allah" and "Muhammad" in blue. Inscribed inside the names are Qur'anic verses; the one inside the word "Allah" is the Ayat-ul-Kursi and the one inscribed inside the word "Muhammad" asserts that Muhammad is the last prophet.Muslims have traditionally expressed love and veneration for Muhammad. Stories of Muhammad's life, his intercession and of his miracles (particularly "Splitting of the moon"wink have permeated popular Muslim thought and poetry. The Qur'an refers to Muhammad as "a mercy (rahmat) to the worlds" (Qur'an

21:107).[14] The association of rain with mercy in Oriental countries has led to imagining Muhammad as a rain cloud dispensing blessing and stretching over lands, reviving the dead hearts, just as rain revives the seemingly dead earth (see for example the Sindhi poem of Shah ʿAbd al-Latif).[14] Muhammad's birthday is celebrated as a major feast throughout the Islamic world, excluding the Wahhabi-dominated Saudi Arabia where these public celebrations are discouraged.[164] Muslims experience Muhammad as a living reality, believing in his ongoing significance to human beings as well as animals and plants.[164]

Topkapı Palace gate with Shahadah and his seal. The Muslim Profession of faith, the Shahadah, illustrates the Muslim conception of the role of Muhammad – "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger."According to historian Denis Gril, the Qur'an does not overtly describe Muhammad performing miracles, and the supreme miracle of Muhammad is finally identified with the Qur’an itself.[165] However, Muslim tradition credits Muhammad with several supernatural events.[166] For example, many Muslim commentators and some Western scholars have interpreted the Surah 54:1-2 as referring to Muhammad splitting the Moon in view of the Quraysh when they had begun to persecute his followers.[165][167]

Persian manuscript miniature depicting Muhammad, from Rashid al-Din's Jami al-Tawarikh, approximately 1315, illustrating the episode of the Black Stone.[168] When Muslims say or write the name of Muhammad or any other prophet in Islam, they usually follow it with Peace be upon him (Arabic: sallAllahu `alayhi wa sallam).[169]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2008
Sunnah

The Sunnah represents the actions and sayings of Muhammad (preserved in reports known as Hadith), and covers a broad array of activities and beliefs ranging from religious rituals, personal hygiene, burial of the dead to the mystical questions involving the love between humans and God. The Sunnah is considered as a model of emulation for pious Muslims and has to a great degree influenced the Muslim culture.

The greeting that Muhammad taught Muslims to offer each other, “may peace be upon you” (Arabic: as-salamu `alaykum) is used by Muslims throughout the world. Much of the details of the major Islamic religious rituals such as daily prayers, the fasting, the annual pilgrimage are only found in the Sunnah and not the Qur'an.[161]

The Sunnah also played a major role in the development of the Islamic sciences. It contributed much to the development of the Islamic law particularly from the end of the first Islamic century onwards.[162] Muslim mystics, known as sufis, who were seeking for the inner meaning of the Qur'an and the inner nature of Muhammad, viewed the prophet of Islam not only as a prophet but also as a perfect saint. Sufi orders trace their chain of spiritual descent back to Muhammad.[163]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
Reforms
Main article: Early reforms under Islam

According to William Montgomery Watt, for Muhammad, religion was not a private and individual matter but rather “the total response of his personality to the total situation in which he found himself. He was responding [not only]… to the religious and intellectual aspects of the situation but also to the economic, social, and political pressures to which contemporary Mecca was subject."[154] Bernard Lewis says that there are two important political traditions in Islam – one that views Muhammad as a statesman in Medina, and another that views him as a rebel in Mecca. He sees Islam itself as a type of revolution that greatly changed the societies into which the new religion was brought.[155]

Historians generally agree that Islamic social reforms in areas such as social security, family structure, slavery and the rights of women and children improved on what was present in existing Arab society.[155][156] For example, according to Lewis, Islam "from the first denounced aristocratic privilege, rejected hierarchy, and adopted a formula of the career open to the talents"[155] Muhammad's message transformed the society and moral order of life in the Arabian Peninsula through reorientation of society as regards to identity, world view, and the hierarchy of values.[157]

Economic reforms addressed the plight of the poor, which was becoming an issue in pre-Islamic Mecca.[158] The Qur'an requires payment of an alms tax (zakat) for the benefit of the poor, and as Muhammad's position grew in power he demanded that those tribes who wanted to ally with him implement the zakat in particular.[159][160]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2008
Farewell pilgrimage and death

Pilgrims circumambulating the Kaaba during the Hajj.Main article: The Farewell Pilgrimage
At the end of the tenth year after the migration to Medina, Muhammad carried through his first truly Islamic pilgrimage thereby teaching his followers the regulations of the various ceremonies of the annual Great Pilgrimage (hajj).[14]

After completing the pilgrimage rituals, Muhammad delivered a famous speech known as the Farewell Speech (Arabic: Khutbat al-Wadaa'). In this sermon, Muhammad advised his follower not to follow certain pre-Islamic customs such as adding intercalary months to align the lunar calendar with the solar calendar. Muhammad abolished all old blood feuds and disputes based on the former tribal system and asked for all old pledges to be returned as implications of the creation of the new Islamic community.

Commenting on the vulnerability of women in his society, Muhammed asked his male followers to “Be good to women; for they are powerless captives (awan) in your households. You took them in God’s trust, and legitimated your sexual relations with the Word of God, so come to your senses people, and hear my words , ”. He also told them that they were entitled to discipline their wives but should do so with kindness. Muhammad also addressed the issue of inheritance by forbidding false claims of paternity or of a client relationship to the deceased and also forbidding his followers to leave their wealth to a testamentary heir.

He also upheld the sacredness of four lunar months in each year.[134][135] According to Sunni Tafsir the following Qur'anic verse was delivered in this incident: “Today I have perfected your religion, and completed my favours for you and chosen Islam as a religion for you.”(Qur'an 5:3)[14] while according to Shia ones it refers to appointment of Ali ibn Abi Talib as the successor of Muhammad in pond of Khumm which happened while Muslims returned from Mecca to Medina, few days later.[136]

The Mosque of the Prophet (Al-Masjid al-Nabawi) is Islam's second most sacred site; the Green dome in the background stands above Muhammad's tomb.A few months after the farewell pilgrimage, Muhammad fell ill and suffered for several days with head pain and weakness. He succumbed on Monday, June 8, 632, in the city of Medina. He is buried in his tomb (which previously was in his wife Aisha's house) which is now housed within Mosque of the Prophet in Medina.[137][14][138] Next to Muhammad's tomb, there is another empty tomb that Muslims believe awaits Jesus.[138]
Re: An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. by olabowale(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2008
Conquest of Arabia

Main articles: Battle of Hunayn and Battle of Tabouk
Soon after the conquest of Mecca, Muhammad was alarmed by a military threat from the confederate tribes of Hawazin who were collecting an army twice the size of Muhammad's. Hawzain were old enemies of Meccans. They were joined by the tribe of Thaqif inhabiting in the city of Ta’if who had adopted an anti-Meccan policy due to the decline of the prestige of Meccans.[131] Muhammad defeated the Hawazin and Thaqif tribes in the battle of Hunayn.[14]

Muhammad prohibits intercalary months during the Farewell Pilgrimage. 17th century Ottoman copy of a 14th century (Ilkhanate) manuscript (Edinburgh codex). Illustration of Abū Rayhān al-Bīrūnī's al-Âthâr al-bâqiya.In the same year, Muhammad made the expedition of Tabuk against northern Arabia because of their previous defeat at the Battle of Mu'tah as well as the reports of the hostile attitude adopted against Muslims. Although Muhammad did not make contact with hostile forces at Tabuk, but he received the submission of some of the local chiefs of the region.[14][132]

A year after the battle of Tabuk, the tribe of Thaqif inhabiting in the city of Ta’if sent emissaries to Medina to surrender to Muhammad and adopt Islam. Many bedouins submitted to Muhammad in order to be safe against his attacks and to benefit from the booties of the wars.[14] The bedouins however were alien to the system of Islam and wanted to maintain their independence, their established code of virtue and their ancestral traditions. Muhammad, thus required of them a military and political agreement according to which they "acknowledge the suzerainty of Medina, to refrain from attack on the Muslims and their allies, and to pay the Zakat, the Muslim religious levy."[133]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Can Corrupt The Bible / Terminologies Like Shiites Muslim, Sufi Muslim, Sunni Muslim / Pictures Of Muslim Faithfuls Being Harassed By Nigerian Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.