Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In (12844 Views)

Steps In Getting A Free Or Paid Webhost FOR NEWBIES / Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1 Billion / Nigeria Loses N3.76B To Foreign Domain Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by sylve11: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
So what do we do now? cool
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Kei144(m): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
So, all fraudsters are not Igbos, neither Southerners, after all.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by pesty100(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Just like I would say i have no mercy on them they are owned by politicians that stole our money.... The guy only collected some of the money back
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Austeenxx: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2013

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by brownlord: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
Useless country, we hv computer gurus, cracking their brain on the internet and yet our police is yet to fight boko haram even when those people post video and make calls frm their hideout, I may be wrong if some of this guys r employed in the sss, police, army and what hv u, I bet u boko haram wld hv bn history, nonsence. Yesterday 100s of militant where sent to uk to learn what I don't know while they are placed on monthly allowance for travelin oversea and constitutin nuisance to their host community. And me when choose to go school go finish nysc go begin roam dey find job.

Make I pass out first, mk I wait no see job, that state go knw weyin dey since na crime sure pass now, afterall my mate die for cult clash for ekpoma, so if I die because say I dey find way forward no yawa

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Gboliwe: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
N10m furniture in a 'one room' apartment? shocked shocked na wa!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by creativemusic: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by iterator25: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
brownlord: Useless country, we hv computer gurus, cracking their brain on the internet and yet our police is yet to fight boko haram even when those people post video and make calls frm their hideout, I may be wrong if some of this guys r employed in the sss, police, army and what hv u, I bet u boko hIIIaram wld hv bn history, nonsence. Yesterday 100s of militant where sent to uk to learn what I don't know while they are placed on monthly allowance for travelin oversea and constitutin nuisance to their host community. And me when choose to go school go finish nysc go begin roam dey find job.

Make I pass out first , mk I wait no see job, that state go knw weyin dey since na crime sure pass now, afterall my mate die for cult clash for ekpoma, so if I die because say I dey find way forward no yawa
see as fear catch me ..BTW.. wetin be pass out?
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by badmarket: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Help me sing....

Unioooon Baank...big,strong reliable.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
why wont they,when their buildings look lyk charcoal depot and vegetable market even the staff is nothing to write bank about. tongue,if u see one branch i came in contact wit at ABA ,u'll puke.TUFIAKWA
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Is this supposed to be funny?
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Jerie(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Classicalman: So hausa and yoruba dem dey do internet scam too? E be like say dem own worse pass sef.

But Yorubas no dey sell their mama use the money buy market space for 'Ladipo Market'. Useless Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by charlon4life: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
[/quote]The title is misleading, the bank did not lose N2.05bn to fraudsters as most of the funds were recovered. This I know.

Says who? The report says some money have been recovered and if you add all that was written, it is not up to N300 million.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by sage2(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
And to think that these fraudsters also had girlfriends like each and everyone of us goes to show how desperate some of our ladies have become.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Omooba77: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Jerie:

But Yorubas no dey sell their mama use the money buy market space for 'Ladipo Market'. Useless Igbo.
Union bank get old system.........
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Pennywise(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
I hope they had the good sense to keep some money aside for the EFCC, the police and the Judge that will hear the case. If they didnt, then their nightmare only just begun.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
brownlord: Useless country, we hv computer gurus, cracking their brain on the internet and yet our police is yet to fight boko haram even when those people post video and make calls frm their hideout, I may be wrong if some of this guys r employed in the sss, police, army and what hv u, I bet u boko haram wld hv bn history, nonsence. Yesterday 100s of militant where sent to uk to learn what I don't know while they are placed on monthly allowance for travelin oversea and constitutin nuisance to their host community. And me when choose to go school go finish nysc go begin roam dey find job.

Make I pass out first, mk I wait no see job, that state go knw weyin dey since na crime sure pass now, afterall my mate die for cult clash for ekpoma, so if I die because say I dey find way forward no yawa

Ogoro na wah o e never reach to carry tools o. I beg. We still luv u. Choi. Bt if u get dat kin runz let me knw sha cos me sef never still see work o.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
sage_: And to think that these fraudsters also had girlfriends like each and everyone of us goes to show how desperate some of our ladies have become.

i don't see how this relates to the discussion

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by ladenz(m): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
e be like say those thief don watch one indian film wey i watch last month. i don forget the title. na d same way they thief money for the film na im these fraudsters sef do their own. nawa o.
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Union bank get up to 2Billion? #ETT

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
sage_: And to think that these fraudsters also had girlfriends like each and everyone of us goes to show how desperate some of our ladies have become.

WTF?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by richardbry: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2013
He said, “Other items recovered are furniture worth N10m from Salihu Liman’s one bedroom apartment in Yaba, Lagos; four vehicles, landed properties in Kano and Kaduna and a four-bedroom duplex worth N45m in Lagos.

How does one get N10m furniture into one room? I am getting too old for today's world!
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
The outdated bank is waking up to the realities of modern crime..

Shame on any bank that still runs flexcube. What happened to Finnacle ?? Anyway that is the lot of people who have refused to change with the times...
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
owolabifunke14: Freaking old generation bank.I can't bank in union,UBA and Wema bank. Just imagine how they were outsmarted by these thieves.

You cannot be serious calling UBA old generation, a bank that started online realtime banking through its subsidiary Standard Trust Bank whose management took over the comatose behemoth UBA via a merger..
Re: Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2013

Was that part of the report or you are on weed this hot afternoon

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Ways To Make Money On Youtube Without Adsense / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking / Hi. I'm Jide Ogunsanya; Owner Of Ogbongeblog.com. Ask Me Anything!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.