Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House (1043 Views)

Saraki’s Ally, Baraje Attacks APC / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects / Katsina APC Reps Exchange Blows Over Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by luvola(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Fighting broke out in the House of Representatives on Tuesday, disrupting the visit of the Alhaji Kawu Baraje-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party to the federal lawmakers

A member from Bayelsa State, Mr. Henry Ofongo, was punched and shoved repeatedly by his colleagues as he sought to stop the visit of the group.

He was ruffled and his jacket pulled off, as some members, notably Kano State lawmakers, also attempted to throw chairs.

Mr. Dakuku Peterside and Andrew Uchendu, both from Rivers State, were also sighted among them.

Baraje had arrived at the House in company with the seven aggrieved governors, who are members of the ‘new PDP.’

The governors were Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto); Babangida Aliyu (Niger); Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano); Romiti Amaechi (Rivers); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Murtala Nyako (Adamawa); and Abdul-Fatai Ahmed (Kawara).

The Speaker of the House, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, and other principal officers received them at Room 0.28.

Other principal officers in attendance were the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha; the Majority Leader, Mrs. Mulikat Akande-Adeola; the Chief Whip, Mr. Ishaka Bawa; Deputy Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor; and Deputy Whip, Mr. Murktar Ahmed.

As Baraje was introduced to state the purpose of the visit, Afongo and some of his colleagues stormed the meeting room.

He had Betty Apiafi (Rivers); Bethel Amadi (Imo); Kingsley Chinda (Rivers); Bitrus Kaze (Plateau) and others in tow.

Afongo shouted, “Point of order, point of order” and charged in the direction of the high table in a bid to register his protest.

source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/reps-exchange-blows-disrupt-barajes.html

Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by iterator25: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
House of reps be like lecture room grin ..don't tell me nonsense lol.. until yerima's jaw cracks I refuse to feel for their lots
Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wrestle Mania in Naija house of REP, i refuse to waste my tears for this country.
Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by adesammy1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
opinion aye...karshen duniya... I no go talk for English because I no the repercussions
Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by luvola(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
pdp is a curse to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by psucc(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
But this Baraje is pushing too far. He should look inwards before being pushed by Atiku to his own cross. When the table turns on him, I wonder if all the 'ayeh' will be there to offer succour.
Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by mekano1980: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
What is the essence of Baraje coming to do in the House,he's only looking for trouble,just for selfish reasons,his followers I wonder whether they still know how their states are,especially the Bill board Governor of Niger state,they are doing all this nonsence just for selfish interest,but I assure you mark my word that all of you are failure,you will later secomb,I promise
Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by MayorofLagos(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Thank God the mace is not nearby. grin grin

Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by Mylove55(f): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
mekano1980: What is the essence of Baraje coming to do in the House,he's only looking for trouble,just for selfish reasons,his followers I wonder whether they still know how their states are,especially the Bill board Governor of Niger state,they are doing all this nonsence just for selfish interest,but I assure you mark my word that all of you are failure,you will later secomb,I promise
heee,to visit ur friends again come be crime,dat is how fellow govs.visit amaechi,rascals stone them,5 lawrascals with their thug,want to overthrow.why are u pple always supporting evil.

1 Like

Re: Reps Exchange Blows, Disrupt Baraje’s Visit To House by OAM4J: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2013

(1)

Onyeka Owenu Gets Appointment Frm Jonathan / Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo / Solomon Lar Lived In Abuja Rentedapartment, Had Difficulty Paying Rent,aide Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.