Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Private Or Public School Which Is Better? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Private Or Public School Which Is Better? (669 Views)

Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? / Financial Literacy Or Good Grades In School. Which Is More Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by amtheone(m): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please I want to hear insightful analysis for this subject matter.

It is believed by some people that to get quality education, one has to send his/her child to private school. But the output from private school is not commensurate with the high fees paid.

In competition, students from public school always win the prize.

I have personally experienced from my former boss' daughter whose school fees amounted to millions of naira and yet she couldn't even write final exam by herself. They had to pay someone to do that for her.

Could it be "sing along syndrome" that is affecting majority of parents even when they know that amount spent in private is not equal the output.

Are private schools better than public schools?
Re: Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by Ola2njee: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
In Ur Boss's Daughter's case..I'll say she lacks monitorin
Re: Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Now, private primary schools are better than public primary schools.
Private secondary schools are better than public secondary schools.
But, there is higher degree of competition in public universities than in private universities. However private universities have more modern infrastructure than the public ones.
If you compare American University of Nigeria with Unilag, you would understand my point.
Re: Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by amtheone(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Now, private primary schools are better than public primary schools.
Private secondary schools are better than public secondary schools.
But, there is higher degree of competition in public universities than in private universities. However private universities have more modern infrastructure than the public ones.
If you compare American University of Nigeria with Unilag, you would understand my point.

Maxwell. If I may ask, in generic term, would you say that graduates from private uni have advantage over graduates from public uni based on the modern facilities you mentioned?
Re: Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ola2njee: In Ur Boss's Daughter's case..I'll say she lacks monitorin

grin grin
Re: Private Or Public School Which Is Better? by Kanwulia: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2013
A mixture of both. Some public schools in good school districts with the HIGHEST TAXES are waaaaaay better than MOST PRIVATE SCHOOLS!

However, IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DOMESTICATE A WILD ANI ;DMAL!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Dilema,sorrow And Grief / Warning: Living Alone May Be Hazardous To Your Health / How Are You Celebrating This Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.