Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? (6558 Views)

10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is The Best Country In The World / Describe Your Country In One Word? / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by EXPONENT(m): 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2008
I've encountered this on the REGULAR!

Nigerians are saying they are from Cameroon with great frequently.

When you ask them from what geographical area and tribe they fumble their words and stumble through more lies and act all surprised.

Why are you ashamed of being Nigerians in America?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by tpia: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2008
so to you, anyone who says they're from Cameroon, is actually from Nigeria, right?

You're so ignorant.

EXPONENT:

When you ask them from what geographical area and tribe they fumble their words and stumble through more lies and act all surprised.

hmmm. See a so-called American trying to say he's familiar with Cameroon locations and tribes. Thank goodness for wiki and google.

I'm Cameroonian but I don't know which tribe and geographical area I'm from. You have a problem with that?

Actually, I'm from the Nupe part of Cameroon. I hope that's okay with you.  angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by SeanT21(f): 3:44am On Jun 22, 2008
I have never met one.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by grafikdon: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2008
@ tpia, Exponent/Benin/Hero's/etc favourite hobby is bombarding Nigeria/Nigerians with a deadly barrage of inflammatory and derogatory comments. It is very strange he claimed his 'wife' is 'Nigerian' We live in a very weird world, I tell ya. undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by EXPONENT(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2008
Naturally Nigerians would attack the messenger INSTEAD of the issue.

That speaks of internal guilt.

and Tpia , KICK ROCKS.

The question is why do Nigerians LIES about being from a country other than their own.

It's real simple.

ANWSER THE QUESTION!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by chiogo(f): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2008
There's nothing worse than ignorance, I just realized that from nairaland.

@poster, what the f&ck do u want us to answer when the fuckin' question does not apply to us? I have never in my life claimed to be a Cameroonian or whatever country u mentioned, so what do u want me to answer? You really need to go back to school, jeez!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by Tetchiness(f): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2008
My name tells ppl who I am. . .most of my profs are usually the one to ask me "Are you from Nigeria. I know some ppl from there."

No, I dnt know, most ppl know where am from b/c I speak my lang sometimes, some pidgin phrase and I sometimes wear our native clothes.

No need to lie. It's actually a good weapon!! If an ugly dude is asking me out, I be like "I'm from Nigeria, I go scam your @$$". . joking grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by ifyalways(f): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2008
EXPONENT:

Nigerians are saying they are from Cameroon with great frequently.

Joke of da year ! cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by drrionelli(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2008
@EXPONENT:
Sir, can you substantiate this claim that you're making just a bit more? Under what circumstances do these so called false claims present themselves, for example? Perhaps then one could determine if there is a reason (or even a justification) for what you observe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by EXPONENT(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
@EXPONENT:
Sir, can you substantiate this claim that you're making just a bit more? Under what circumstances do these so called false claims present themselves, for example? Perhaps then one could determine if there is a reason (or even a justification) for what you observe.

Sure,

I've met Africans all the time. for some reason, I'm in an AFRICAN urban zone.

Two nigerians I met said they were from Cameroon.

As I was outside talking to one Nigerian, I'mentioned that (insert name here) said he's from Cameroon.

The Nigerian dude got offended and said 'HE'S FROM BENIN" I said oh, he's from the other side of Nigeria.

He said NO! He's from Benin, Nigeria - he lied to you.

Why would he lie about his place of birth?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by NubianQ(f): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2008
EXPONENT:

Sure,

As I was outside talking to one Nigerian, I'mentioned that (insert name here) said he's from Cameroon.

The Nigerian dude got offended and said 'HE'S FROM BENIN" I said oh, he's from the other side of Nigeria.

what are you on about? whats this hate for Nigerians? why are you hell bent on looking for ways to tlk down on us? look hun, personally i would really advise that you stop all this cuz its really childish. Nigerians are Never ashamed of who they are. you need to stop all this attacks. i think they are unreasonable and unfair. yes we have all over diffrences but dont forget we are all black. Respect and get respected

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by ideycraze1: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2008
why will I - a full blooded Nigerian, claim that I am from another less meaningful African country? Under what influence will I do that unless I dey craze?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by chisimdi(f): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2008
idey_craze:

why will I - a full blood ed Nigerian, claim that I am from another less meaningful African country? Under what influence will I do that unless I dey craze?
U fit do am cos u dey craze grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by tpia: 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
EXPONENT:

Sure,

MAYBE HE DOESNT LIKE OR TRUST YOU!!

how is it your business where he comes from? Maybe the guy knows you, and if you're anything in real life like the way you portray yourself on nairaland, then I can't say I blame him.

He should have even said Equatorial Guinea.

Like its your business.

@ exponent
Naturally Nigerians would attack the messenger INSTEAD of the issue.

That speaks of internal guilt.

no, it doesnt speak of internal guilt. You consider yourself a messenger of what exactly?

You have serious personal issues, and are trying to psych up yourself by bashing Africans on an African site.

The time you spend wondering about red eyes, mouthing nonsense everywhere and generally displaying your lack of manners, would probably be better utilized learning from these very Africans you're badmouthing. undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by ideycraze1: 11:28pm On Jun 22, 2008
chisimdi:

You fit do am because u dey craze  grin grin grin

do u know i like to see your pussy? do u have a picture?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by princeonx: 1:37am On Jun 23, 2008
People actually respect me more when I tell them I'm Nigerian especially folks from other part of Africa! I have a whole lot of friends that claim they're Nigerian to feel cool when we go out! don't know the kind of people u hang with

if I were you, I'll look for that Benin man and direct this question to him!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by romeo(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2008
Exponent is a confirmed retard folks!! cheesy cheesy, i knew that ages ago.

We will still steal you again and use you as a gift to anything, even a tree or Forest because you are worthless.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by EXPONENT(m): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
NOBODY anwsered the question.

Even a board filled with hidden people are still LYING!!!

Remember, Liers got something to hide.

Don't worry, we already know
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by naijadiva2(f): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2008
people don't lie because the are ashamed of being nigerian, but they minute you claim nigeria, then people start talking nonsense and asking ignorant questions  and we don't have time for that. so to the ignorant ones you lie to and the smart ones, you don't lie to.

but anyways, the question you asked was stupid and didn't make sense. you asking why nigerians lie about being from another country, how about you ask the non nigerians why they claim/rep nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by drrionelli(m): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2008
EXPONENT:

Sure,

Thank you for the clarification. 

However (and I don't intend to appear to be challenging, here sir) you're basing your assessment on two people, if I read you correctly.  And both of them are in a similar situation.  (I've taken the liberty of adding emphasis to your posting--I trust that you won't object to my having done so.)

While one can certainly understand your being perplexed by the response you received to your query, such a small number in such a restricted setting is strictly anecdotal and has no empirical value. 

Perhaps you could ask the fellow (in a non-confrontational manner) why he would lie about his birthplace.  He might actually have a legitimate reason for so doing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by NubianQ(f): 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ pOSTER,

your post is really one sided!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by SeanT21(f): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2008
Many americans are warn by the government to watch their back becasue of the nigerians scammers.

So i guess some nigerians try to hide where they are from to be trusted.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by bluehorizo(m): 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2008

Idiot,does that mean every Nigerian claims to be from Cameroon because of your encounter with someone who did not want to reveal is identity to you? Kick 'em out! E ti won si konga!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by dreeldee: 12:55am On Jun 25, 2008
dumb question!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by iice(f): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2008
Hehehehe probably because they don't want to be judged first based on the 'image' we have.
I tend to give an obscure location when someone bothers me and i am not in the mood to lecture.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by EXPONENT(m): 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2008
Many americans are warn by the government to watch their back becasue of the nigerians scammers.

So i guess some nigerians try to hide where they are from to be trusted.

Thanks baby girl. wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by luck007(m): 3:00am On Jun 26, 2008
"Idiot,does that mean every Nigerian claims to be from Cameroon because of your encounter with someone who did not want to reveal is identity to you? Kick 'em out! E ti won si konga!"

i beg help me tell ahm, you just felel dat all nigerian are hieding thier identity. maybe people u saw are from cameroon, u just mistake them wit nigerians because we all are black, ehh angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by tpia: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ Exponent aka mutated experiment: as to that thread of yours which got deleted, ( the one where you were cussing out Nigerians with your dirty mouth). Seriously, if I had descended on you in that thread, you'd regret being born black, for real. undecided undecided You'd have wished you had a white daddy and pure white ancestry.

You're so lucky I just didnt have your time yesterday. undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by grafikdon: 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2008
cheesy cheesy

@ tpia. . . chei! I never see you vex like this o
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by NubianQ(f): 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2008
tpia:

@ Exponent aka mutated experiment: as to that thread of yours which got deleted, ( the one where you were cussing out Nigerians with your dirty mouth). Seriously, if I had descended on you in that thread, you'd regret being born black, for real. undecided undecided You'd have wished you had a white daddy and pure white ancestry.

You're so lucky I just didnt have your time yesterday. undecided undecided

Dont Mind the stupid EXPONENT! anyway i cursed him out for his comments. he is is really an IGNORANT BOFFUN! he comes here and talks rubbish. the idiot doesnt have life at all.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by NubianQ(f): 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2008
[quote author EXPONENT =link=topic=144417.msg2436066#msg2436066 date=1214748572]

Nigerians are saying they are from Cameroon with great[b] frequently.[/b]

[quote][/quote]

Check your spelling Dumbass! ooops i forgot, Slaves are not Allowed to Read or write tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? by Riskie(f): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
NubianQ:

Check your spelling Dumbass! ooops i forgot, Slaves are not Allowed to Read or write tongue

shocked That was COLD! The guy deserved it though  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? / Eye Odidere / The Rise Of African Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.