Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? (6162 Views)

Pls How Reliable Is Www.obewesms.com / Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) / How Real Is www.dwitch.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Youngzedd(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good evening my fellow webmasters, am about using this site for hosting and I would like to know if you have used it before, how the service is, I mean your experience with them. I just want to patronise Naija guys.

I want to use it for some business and I don't know how reliable they are so that I will not enter one chance.

Your contributions plssss.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by temmyplayboy(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2013
I will advice you not to do any business with dis fruadsters call smartweb,because of my past experience with dem,l own www.essenceclue.com,have been having alot of problem with dem since d day l host my site with dem up till now..if they are nt upgrading their server today ,it another problem tommorow,dat is d reason my website is nt accessible up till now,l was trying to transfer my domain to a foreign and reliable hosting company.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by bizfirst: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hello Youngzedd,

I quite understand your passion for doing business with your fellow 'country man'.

However, when it comes to webhosting, I'd advise you simply go and patronize the 'oyinbo' man. Why?

1. hosting is all about infrastructure (power inclusive). However, you know how Naija dey abi?
2. When you run into trouble with scripts (or a hell lot of code), you'll need a host with great customer service to pull you out of the mess. Naija guy are the WORST when it comes to this type of service. Would you risk your site's existence on that?

Be practical man! Your website is a business! When the time comes to patronize Nigerian hosts, I'll be the first. For now, it's NO NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Youngzedd(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
#bizfirst#:
Hello Youngzedd,

I quite understand your passion for doing business with your fellow 'country man'.

However, when it comes to webhosting, I'd advise you simply go and patronize the 'oyinbo' man. Why?

1. hosting is all about infrastructure (power inclusive). However, you know how Naija dey abi?
2. When you run into trouble with scripts (or a hell lot of code), you'll need a host with great customer service to pull you out of the mess. Naija guy are the WORST when it comes to this type of service. Would you risk your site's existence on that?

Be practical man! Your website is a business! When the time comes to patronize Nigerian hosts, I'll be the first. For now, it's NO NO!

Thanks bro.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by kingthreat(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigerian webhosts are good and cheaper. However, they could also be annoying and inefficient. I host more than 7 sites with Smartweb. Two have given me problems now everything is resolved and fine. They are not that bad. You can go ahead using them. What I like about them is their quick propagation and they are not fraudsters like the second poster asserted.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by bizfirst: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingthreat: Nigerian webhosts are good and cheaper. However, they could also be annoying and inefficient. I host more than 7 sites with Smartweb. Two have given me problems now everything is resolved and fine. They are not that bad. You can go ahead using them. What I like about them is their quick propagation and they are not fraudsters like the second poster asserted.

No one intuited fraud, Kingthreat. I was talking about inefficiency (which you acknowledged yourself in your reply). Now, are you happy about the abysmal customer service you get from your Nigerian host? Be practical man!
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by kingthreat(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
#bizfirst#:

No one intuited fraud, Kingthreat. I was talking about inefficiency (which you acknowledged yourself in your reply). Now, are you happy about the abysmal customer service you get from your Nigerian host? Be practical man!

Yeah but Nigerian hosts save costs. $20 annual costs compared to $100 for foreign webhosts is a great deal.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by georgen2u(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rherw was a tine i made a review on it pwople were against me i did it on my site http://www.onlynaija.com/post-smartweb-ng-web-hosti
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by ZinoFego: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
I think the 1. below is off point.

Nigerians don't have servers, we ONLY resell! So the power issue is inconsiderable.

Customer service is a relative issue, some of those foreign coys also have worse customer service. I've had my fair share of Naija and foreign host before I started my own hosting firm http://SpringWebHost.com.

@Youngzedd: if you're a newbie, pls use a local firm, you'll gain a whole lot of experience because you can reach our local firms on phone or go to their offices unlike the foreign ones where you need to drop a ticket that may take up to 48hrs to be responded to. Some of our local guys are very experienced and are willing to help.

#bizfirst#:
Hello Youngzedd,

Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Youngzedd(m): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
ZinoFego: I think the 1. below is off point.

Nigerians don't have servers, we ONLY resell! So the power issue is inconsiderable.

Customer service is a relative issue, some of those foreign coys also have worse customer service. I've had my fair share of Naija and foreign host before I started my own hosting firm http://SpringWebHost.com.

@Youngzedd: if you're a newbie, pls use a local firm, you'll gain a whole lot of experience because you can reach our local firms on phone or go to their offices unlike the foreign ones where you need to drop a ticket that may take up to 48hrs to be responded to. Some of our local guys are very experienced and are willing to help.

Thanks for your concern, but am not a newbie. I have been using foreign hosting companies for years now.

It's like I will buy another hosting account from my current host which is Justhost dot com.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by FarmTech(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
I use smartwebng for my site, dreamonlinemoney.com. I've been using them since 2010 and I've not had any issue.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Sanjoy32: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Youngzedd: Good evening my fellow webmasters, am about using this site for hosting and I would like to know if you have used it before, how the service is, I mean your experience with them. I just want to patronise Naija guys.

I want to use it for some business and I don't know how reliable they are so that I will not enter one chance.

Your contributions plssss.

I have no idea about that site which you specified.Because yet I didn't use it.From my personal experience,I would suggest you to get web hosting from Thewebpole.com which is cheap and reliable.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by swagrr01: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2013
yea i use smart web too ..i dont know abt odas bt they are good enof for me
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Jeel: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Using Nigerian companies is the best. I have been using them for all my blogs since I began blogging. Try lagoshost.com or eclubhost.com . They are efficient and effective
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Decryptor(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Whatever you do, do not subscribe to Smartweb. those guys will kill your online efforts. They have server downtime issues like hell. Your site could be offline for about 4 days in a week. I will advice you to use a foreign hosting company. but if you can't afford it, then go instead, go for Syskay Host (www.syskay.com) they are very efficient and i have been using them for about 6 years now.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by kingthreat(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Decryptor: Whatever you do, do not subscribe to Smartweb. those guys will kill your online efforts. They have server downtime issues like hell. Your site could be offline for about 4 days in a week. I will advice you to use a foreign hosting company. but if you can't afford it, then go instead, go for Syskay Host (www.syskay.com) they are very efficient and i have been using them for about 6 years now.

The Syskay host that almost got my friend arrested cos he could not renew hosting when they had a problem? If you want hitch-free hosting, please use a foreign webhost but be ready to pay 4-5 times if you are no reseller.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by bizfirst: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
ZinoFego:
I think the 1. below is off point.

Hi Zino,

It is my understanding that for Nigerian hosting providers to provide the much needed support, they'll need computers powered by electricity, right? Now, what exactly happens when PHCN has declined power for a week and there isn't money for diesel?

winkI get your point however...you have an interest to protect wink

1 Like

Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by bizfirst: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
kingthreat:

Yeah but Nigerian hosts save costs. $20 annual costs compared to $100 for foreign webhosts is a great deal.

$20 per year? Quite cheap. But is it really worth it? Arvixe charges me just $48 for a whole 12 months and I sleep well at night. Sometimes, you simply have to pay (higher) to enjoy the very best!
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by WebHostingPal: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2015
Most of you guys posts are so biased with lack of substance. "Foreign Web Hosts Vs Local Host" Because you have a bad experience with on host doesn't mean all Nigerian web hosting companies are bad.

How about you doing your own researches well before subscribing to a web host that will do you harm ?

After all diving into any business with little or no knowledge is the beginning of failure for that business. So basically it's not the web hosting company's fault for yous not doing your thorough research before subscribing to a service like that.

You should all sit down there complaining about Nigerian web hosting companies this and that, I can assure you that we are evolving.

I can list a few quality Nigeria web hosting companies I came about during my years of research and I continue monitoring these companies because they are direct competitions. And for me to tell you that we have quality web hosting companies in Nigeria I'm not misleading yous.

When you all talk of foreign web hosting companies, it's funny, because Nigerians are part of some of the web hosting companies you are on about. Like if I tell you that almost half of Gatwick Airport is owned by Nigerian would you believe me?

Foreign web hosts right, I have worked for two popular foreign web hosting companies before initially starting HostNigeria!. And I know few people as well working with foreign web hosting companies and other IT sectors. So when are we going to stop dissing and and appreciate that we are making efforts.

If you fail to find yourself a quality web hosting company, that's your own fault. How ever there are ways to deal with that so that you can move on any time your web host pisses you off. Alot of web hosts have this habit of holding their clients into ransom, not just Nigerian web hosts do this, even the foreign ones you guys are on about.

Below is a solution to deal with and hopefully prevent a web hosting company holding you into ransom .

Step 1
Register your domain independently, that way you have full control of where your domain points to.

Step 2
Then signup with your preferred web hosting company Local or Foreign, once they activate your web hosting account, you will be given a set of name servers.

Step 3
You will now need to login into your domain registration account and point your domain to the provided name servers.

Step 4
Always make sure that you have the most current backup of your website. You need the files zipped and the database files if you have one also zipped and kept in a nice and safe folder on your computer. Also have a copy on your dongle or what ever external storage device you have.

That way you are in full control of your own data, making your web host just a service provider and nothing more. And you can choose to move to another web host without the need of notifying your existing one.

At HostNigeria! we have open and honest policy, for example when we register domain for clients, no mater what we will never hold them to ransom. We never experienced it before, but should any of our client request that they want to leave for what ever reason or no reason at all they are free to move on and and we will gladly help them over to their new web host.

Hope this helps!

http://www.hostnigeria.com.ng
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by Youngzedd(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2015
MrAlozie:

Please check my signature, we have plans starting from N1,000/year with huge bandwidth and we also price match.

New Customer? Save 50% OFF on our Shared Hosting Plans for life using Coupon code: 50%OFFSHARED

Looking forward to serving you.

1k per year, is that hosting or koko Garri

Don't bother I use foreign VPS now.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by abbasharuna(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2016
Why not try www.GreensoftHost.com they are efficient and well organized with 24/7 technical support.
They also accept payments in Naira through bank deposit.

Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by emcee4love(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2016
Why not try Beta Host Limited

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by alexasomba(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
I'll recommend that you do all your hosting with https://host.automaticpallet.com it is most reliable and gives you better price options for it's US-based and UK-based 100% uptime guaranteed server unlike many other web hosting companies in Nigeria.
Re: Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? by dandylass: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Why should you guys be so bad like this even to your fellow country man. Since 2013 I started using smartweb.com.ng for my hosting I have never known any other hosting companies. I'm satisfied with their services since 4yrs now and I don't have regret using their service. So go ahead and use them.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger / Php Code For Search Bar / Difference Between Linux Hosting And Window Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.