Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger (6169 Views)

How To Move Your Posts From Wordpress To Blogger / How Do I Monetize My Site Aside Google Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Nazacent: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
First I want a custom name from domainname. to a domainname.com and monetize it, please do I switch to blogger or remain with wordpress?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Donald3d(m): 12:19am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent:
First I want a custom name from domainname. to a domainname.com and monetize it, please do I switch to blogger or remain with wordpress?
how about a self hosted wordpress blog ?.I personally think if you want to be a professional blogger, without limitations whatsoever,you should have a self hosted blog.Check my signature you would need it. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by AfterEarth(f): 2:43am On Feb 05, 2017
∂ση'т ѕωιт¢н тσ вℓσggєя ... gєт α ѕєℓƒ нσѕтє∂ вℓσg !
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Nazacent: 6:42am On Feb 05, 2017
Donald3d:
how about a self hosted wordpress blog ?
I already have a domain name I want to stick with
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Nazacent: 6:42am On Feb 05, 2017
AfterEarth:
∂ση'т ѕωιт¢н тσ вℓσggєя ... gєт α ѕєℓƒ нσѕтє∂ вℓσg !
what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by semasir: 6:51am On Feb 05, 2017
I can help you with it so far you have a domain or even without it. I had www.newspunch.org moved from WP to blogger too. You can reach me via 08098002051 on Whatsapp or Phone.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by nmreports: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2017
Does it make a difference?
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by corperscorner: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2017
I don't know the revenue model you have in mind. But here is the thing no one else would tell you.

A lot of bloggers want to earn by leveraging on adsense simply because they hear Linda...Naij....Vanguard....Stella...etc cash out big on adsense. The truth is....if you are starting out or intend to blog so adsense could make you a living - then you will be disappointed.

Those pretty banners won't be clicked by robots. And for the rational audience, they seek out specific content and not online frivolity. From research and experience, the best way to get those things clicked in usually by spoofing your audience the way Naijaloaded does - which is pretty annoying by the way. Spoofing here entails masking your original content with an adsense element. A typical example is when you jump on a webpage to view Mahida's nak3d video and you click the youtube play icon just to be redirected to sites like onclickads.....etc. It's an easy way to lose your users dear.

Now here is what I think you need to capitalise on. You could stick with WP. I personally love it by the way cos its way flexible - tho might be a little expensive. Engage a telemarketer for an authentic database of the target audience your content might appeal to. Spend some money promoting your contents to these people for some time to get a retainership - say 3months. Check the progress of your site's traffic rating using siteworth or similarweb. Then scout the net or other online media platforms for persistent advertisers and pitch your platform to them.

Believe it or not. Since you weren't lucky enough to be among the early adopters of online media portals such as Nairaland etc - who started out early. This is your only way out for now.

You will grow with time and more people will get to know your platform for its style and uniqueness. You might even end up not needing Google adsense if you handle this properly cos I could personally confirm a few unpopular sites that make over 150k monthly from sponsored publications.

Good luck.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Orikinla1: 7:06am On Feb 05, 2017
Blogger makes monetization easier.
But you can still do so on WordPress if you are paying for your domain name and hosting too.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by AfterEarth(f): 7:07am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent:
what's the difference?
A Big Difference!
Google will tell you more.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Afam4eva(m): 7:12am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent:
Blogger makes monetization easy because it is owned by Google which owns adsense. However, you can till moonetize your wordpress blog. You just need to put some things in place before applying.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by ibietela2(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2017
you can't use custom ads on either buy hosting as well check www.coupondig.com for hosting deals or move to Blogger were only thing you need is custom domain if you want
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by kyrios: 7:24am On Feb 05, 2017
semasir:
I can help you with it so far you have a domain or even without it. I had www.newspunch.org moved from WP to blogger too. You can reach me via 08098002051 on Whatsapp or Phone. so na you help dansu peter bah

Thanks
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by leksmedia: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent don't change to blogger WordPress gives a lot of flexibilities, you can easily integrate so many things, also WordPress have a better User interface than blogger.

For your website design and online branding contact www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by petkoffdrake2(m): 7:30am On Feb 05, 2017
I'll like a nice simple blog or forum that can earn me cash... Which can earn u more cash? forum or blog?
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by GoodyOG: 7:39am On Feb 05, 2017
i using blogger in ma blog and i have no intension of going to wordpress
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Sanuzi(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent:

ok

Do you need any type of MLM(MULTI LEVEL MARKETING ) WEBSITE?
Do you need any type Of sport WEBSITE? e.g goal.com,naijabet,betnaija
Do you need any type of Forum WEBSITE? Nairaland
Do you need any type of School Portal WEBSITE?
Do you need any type of Eccommerce WEBSITE?

All @ affordable Price

We also train interested clients

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

BBM: 7B663F3A

admin@africanwebservice.com

We are expert in
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source Website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce Website Development (magento, Opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your Website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
*An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by wizkidblogger(f): 7:54am On Feb 05, 2017
Move to Blogger or self josted wordpress.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 05, 2017
Nazacent why don't you read and research on Google and know some basics before coming here. And the Mod or mods will just push any thing to FP. There are better topics for people to learn from not this kind of questions.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2017
corperscorner:
I don't know the revenue model you have in mind. But here is the thing no one else would tell you.

A lot of bloggers want to earn by leveraging on adsense simply because they hear Linda...Naij....Vanguard....Stella...etc cash out big on adsense. The truth is....if you are starting out or intend to blog so adsense could make you a living - then you will be disappointed.

Those pretty banners won't be clicked by robots. And for the rational audience, they seek out specific content and not online frivolity. From research and experience, the best way to get those things clicked in usually by spoofing your audience the way Naijaloaded does - which is pretty annoying by the way. Spoofing here entails masking your original content with an adsense element. A typical example is when you jump on a webpage to view Mahida's nak3d video and you click the youtube play icon just to be redirected to sites like onclickads.....etc. It's an easy way to lose your users dear.

Now here is what I think you need to capitalise on. You could stick with WP. I personally love it by the way cos its way flexible - tho might be a little expensive. Engage a telemarketer for an authentic database of the target audience your content might appeal to. Spend some money promoting your contents to these people for some time to get a retainership - say 3months. Check the progress of your site's traffic rating using siteworth or similarweb. Then scout the net or other online media platforms for persistent advertisers and pitch your platform to them.

Believe it or not. Since you weren't lucky enough to be among the early adopters of online media portals such as Nairaland etc - who started out early. This is your only way out for now.

You will grow with time and more people will get to know your platform for its style and uniqueness. You might even end up not needing Google adsense if you handle this properly cos I could personally confirm a few unpopular sites that make over 150k monthly from sponsored publications.

Good luck.

Nice write up!

As regards the bold quote, do you know any?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by francescainnoce(f): 8:51am On Feb 05, 2017
there are so many entails to blogging. Especially these days when literally all of us wants to blog.
So the best is read up online all you need to know about blogging and just before anything else.
BLOG-WRITE because you love to and not necessarily for the case lest you gonna get frustrated.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Julius2214(m): 9:48am On Feb 05, 2017
You guys just need to know there are two types of WordPress.
The guy is referring to the "free-hosted" WordPress which cannot be monetized
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by corperscorner: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2017
napoleon77:

Nice write up!

As regards the bold quote, do you know any?

Yeah....several. They will even tell you their data source just for quality assurance.

Drop me a mail if you need one corperscorner@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by solaugo1: 10:43am On Feb 05, 2017
Do You Know Nigeria? Answers 10 simple questions and earn up to N1,000....

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by napoleon77(m): 10:44am On Feb 05, 2017
corperscorner:

Yeah....several. They will even tell you their data source just for quality assurance.

Drop me a mail if you need one corperscorner@gmail.com

OK. Sending you a mail in a few minutes. By the way, this is my website http://macksonwakama.com/
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Ikebesupa(m): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2017
corperscorner:

Good luck.
... nice one., please I need to have a chat with you please
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:54am On Feb 05, 2017
I just wish that a God sent will elaborate and give a breakdown of the simplicity of starting this blog of a thing

1 Like

Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by G0dsent: 10:59am On Feb 05, 2017
Buy adsense
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by ssolaoye: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2017
Check-out how we solving late payments problems for small businesses and freelancers in Nigeria.

https://invoice.ng/blog/late-payment-problem-small-businesses-nigeria/
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by kateskitty(f): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2017
My friend applied for adsence and was rejected on their site. Can someone tell me what could be wrong with the site that could have caused the rejection.
It's www.syberkart.com
Also she's thinking about buying absence and doesn't have an idea of how to go about it so as to not be scammed.
Re: I Want To Monetize My Site Do I Switch From Wordpress To Blogger by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
kateskitty:
My friend applied for adsence and was rejected on their site. Can someone tell me what could be wrong with the site that could have caused the rejection.
It's www.syberkart.com
Also she's thinking about buying absence and doesn't have an idea of how to go about it so as to not be scammed.
How old is the blog?

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google / Difference Between Linux Hosting And Window Hosting / 7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.