Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Forbes Disowns New Rich List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes Disowns New Rich List (893 Views)

Senator Akpabio Speaks From London, Disowns @senakpabio Twitter Handle / Jonathan Campaign Team Disowns Fayose's Death Advert / ****** 2014 African Dollar Billionaire Rich List****** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbes Disowns New Rich List by chuqudy(m): 11:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
FORBES has dissociated itself from the recent rich list published by the new media in the country.

The statement from Forbes said: “The information that was published in a recent article that made reference to a list of the wealthiest Nigerian businessmen was not created nor produced by Forbes Africa or its parent company Forbes.

“Forbes Africa, its parent company in the United States, its affiliates and subsidiaries including staff, hereby unequivocally dissociates itself from the article, the content, thereof and any information that is related to it.”

FORBES has dissociated itself from the recent rich list published by the new media in the country.

The statement from Forbes said: “The information that was published in a recent article that made reference to a list of the wealthiest Nigerian businessmen was not created nor produced by Forbes Africa or its parent company Forbes.

“Forbes Africa, its parent company in the United States, its affiliates and subsidiaries including staff, hereby unequivocally dissociates itself from the article, the content, thereof and any information that is related to it.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/business-news/133164-forbes-disowns-new-rich-list
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
I knew something was just not right with the list...

The way they smuggled Orji Kalu into it raised adequate suspicion... grin
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by tomakint: 12:02am On Sep 19, 2013
ilugunboy: I knew something was just not right with the list...

If you are called names now you'll flare up as usual undecided you are trying to incite another round of tribal slurs on an innocent thread! Well, I have this question to ask you jare, 'is it true that you are an Ifa Priest?' grin please I need an innocent answer from you, no insult please cool
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by Andyblaze: 12:44am On Sep 19, 2013
I was wondering why my name was not there....ph.d
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by PapaBrowne(m): 3:03am On Sep 19, 2013
ilugunboy: I knew something was just not right with the list...

Totally agree! When I saw his name on the list, I knew something was totally wrong with it. Forbes uses verifiable income to assess it's rich list. Orji Kalu and verifiable income are not to be found in the same book. Rather he should be found on a book with the names of money launderers and in that same book would be the likes of Ibori, Tinubu, Odili and Alams.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 19, 2013
tomakint:
If you are called names now you'll flare up as usual undecided you are trying to incite another round of tribal slurs on an innocent thread! Well, I have this question to ask you jare, 'is it true that you are an Ifa Priest?' grin please I need an innocent answer from you, no insult please cool

No disrespect....you should be old enough....so I think you should outgrow this childish attitude.

You will always see tribalism... matured folks won't.
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 19, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Totally agree! When I saw his name on the list, I knew something was totally wrong with it. Forbes uses verifiable income to assess it's rich list. Orji Kalu and verifiable income are not to be found in the same book. Rather he should be found on a book with the names of money launderers and in that same book would be the likes of Ibori, Tinubu, Odili and Alams.

Exactly.....any body that has held a political office on the list makes such fraudulent ...

That is why you will never see the likes of IBB, TY, OBJ ....yet we know these ones are far richer than most on the fake list.
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by tomakint: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2013
ilugunboy:

No disrespect....you should be old enough....so I think you should outgrow this childish attitude.

You will always see tribalism... matured folks won't.
Don't play smart with me old man, my question still stands, 'Is it true that you are an Ifa Priest?'
Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by remarkD(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2013
You forgot Tinubu as well....
PapaBrowne:

Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by geeez: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2013
When the list came out, I posted the list below

The list of Africa's 40 richest people has 11 Nigerians

Nigerians in the list are:

1. Aliko Dangote
2. Mike Adenuga
3. Jim Ovia
4. Abdulsamad Rabiu
5. Florunsho Alakija
6. Theophilus Danjuma
7. Oba Otudeko
8. Mohammed Indimi
9. O.B Lulu Briggs
10. Sani Bello
11. Hakeem Belo-Osagie

http://www.forbes.com/africa-billionaires/list/

I wonder why the mods just push topics to the front page without analyzing the facts

Re: Forbes Disowns New Rich List by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2013
tomakint:
Don't play smart with me old man, my question still stands, 'Is it true that you are an Ifa Priest?'

Since you wish to believe whatever catches your fancy....I can't help you a bit.

You are told old to be playing the tribalism card in this community....you are not teaching the younger ones good conducts.

(1) (Reply)

Arrested INEC Officer Confesses: How We Rigged Anambra Poll / USA Disappointed With Anambra Elections / 2015: kogi Youth Endorses Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.